PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel

lord bunberry
06-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Well done tonight wee man. Great performance on the wing, he deserved a goal. In a game where I thought Bartley was mom. I thought Boyle wasn't far behind.

QMU-1875
06-01-2017, 10:12 PM
He is one.

cleanyman
06-01-2017, 10:13 PM
Terrific work rate.

His final ball is frustrating

beensaidbefore
06-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Terrific work rate.

I agree. He does the hard work very well. Wish he was more composed with final ball.

northstandhibby
06-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Terrific work rate.

:top marks

If Martin could refine his final ball he could be anything. How good is it to see a hibs player who will run at the defense any time he gets the ball and more often than not skins the opposition defenders? With him and Humphrey on the wings running at defenses surely that will pack out ER most weeks. A great time to be a Hi bee.

Glory Glory

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Hugely frustrating player.

Nowhere near man of the match, he'll be lucky to hold on to a starting place in weeks to come.

northstandhibby
06-01-2017, 10:20 PM

Nowhere near man of the match, he'll be lucky to hold on to a starting place in weeks to come.

:rolleyes:

Dearie me.

Unseen work
06-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Should of had either a goal or couple of assists tonight.

The amount of space and time he had on that wing in the second half was unreal.

Great work rate and tenacity from him and to get in those positions.

Little more composure and we would of put another 3 past them.

keep the faith
06-01-2017, 10:22 PM

Really??
Well played the squirrel!!!

Hibby Bairn

I agree. But shouldn't underestimate how tired defenders get with someone like Boyle running at them all game.

Waxy
A few times when it came to his final ball tonight he had just ran half the length of the pitch and past most of the defence.Looked cream crackered by final ball time.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Absolutely awesome. Scared the bejesus out of them down that left wing.

Love that laddies attitude. Couldn't split him and big Marv for MOM.

superfurryhibby
06-01-2017, 10:25 PM

If he plays as well as he did tonight, he'll be a vital player for us. He was absolutely commited and gave everything tonight. Hugely influential tonight.

Johnny_Leith
06-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Nothing really came off for him tonight, but he caused them problems. Really tho, some of the positions he got himself into he should have contributed more

RoYO!
I scarcely remember a winger carry the ball the number of yards he did tonight. Brilliant running with the ball and gave us a different option, not to mention the torment caused to there defence all night. Well played!!

WhileTheChief..
Agree with his work rate and that he scares defenders.

His decision making is woeful though. Does the hard work then never makes the right pass or shot.

I'm not hating on the guy and it was a great team performance but I think there were 10 better Hibs players on the pitch today.

Look at McGinns goal. He got to the 6yd box, stopped and composed himself, then put th ball in the net.

Boyle just blasts the ball anywhere!

Benny Brazil
06-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Him on one side Humphrey on the other will rip most defences - Lennon said on the radio that we needed some pace in the team well we had that tonight

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2017, 10:35 PM

His decision making is woeful though. Does the hard work then never makes the right pass or shot.

I'm not hating on the guy and it was a great team performance but I think there were 10 better Hibs players on the pitch today.

Look at McGinns goal. He got to the 6yd box, stopped and composed himself, then put th ball in the net.

I would agree with this. Squirrel crashes through the trees well, but needs to show a little more composure when it comes to stashing nuts in his den.

PompeyHibs
06-01-2017, 10:35 PM
He was good going forward, working hard, great pace = very very good

Final ball, shot, cross, pass very very poor

Aldo
06-01-2017, 10:36 PM
Ran Big Marv close for MOTM for me!!

JimBHibees
06-01-2017, 10:37 PM

Wow what nonsense guy had a great game

Northernhibee
06-01-2017, 10:37 PM

Dearie me.
There's a little bit of truth to that though. Other than his pace and workrate he didn't offer too much else tonight on top of that - his pace alone did panic their defence and probably helped out JC and Humphrey but he does need to work on his final ball.

Still gets pass marks and deserves a beer or two tonight.

Libby Hibby
06-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Outstanding tonight

pontius pilate
06-01-2017, 10:40 PM
The amount of times he had the ball in a dangerous area and either failed to find a team mate or take the shot on shows I think a lack of confidence when he quite clearly has a bucket load.
I don't think him or big Marv were close to motm contenders but that's opinions for you

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-01-2017, 10:41 PM
Not everything came off for the wee man tonight (and for that reason Bartley got MOTM ahead of him) but he ran at his man at every single chance. The whole right side of their team struggled to contain him throughout.

Terrific outlet all game and I'd agree, deserved a goal but ultimately if he'd just hit a bloody shot tonight then he'd have had a chance!!!

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 10:42 PM
It's just a different view, any need for the nonsense comment??

Humphrey had a great debut, the back 4 had great games, goalie made a great save, Cummings looking hungrier than ever, Commons is getting better, McGeough and Bartley worked their asses off.

To me, they all offered far more than Boyle.

You saw things differently, fine. I'm not saying your talking nonsense though.

hibbydog
06-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Absolutely brilliant. His fitness was outstanding

J-C
Great drive from Boyle, always looking to attack whenever possible, needs to open his eyes and see the final pass at times, Cummings was through or 4 times and the final ball didn't come from Boyle, his pace just scares them ****less though.

oldbutdim
Squirrel was immense tonight.
A proper Hibs player.

Some of the criticism levelled at this guy is embarrassing.

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2017, 10:45 PM

Humphrey had a great debut, the back 4 had great games, goalie made a great save, Cummings looking hungrier than ever, Commons is getting better, McGeough and Bartley worked their asses off.

I wish Humphrey was given as much of the ball as Boyle.

Blaster
06-01-2017, 10:47 PM
He dragged us up the park in the 2nd half when we needed it especially as Humphrey had tired, as you'd expect

Yes final ball or effort was poor and had we not been winning it may have been more frustrating. But we were winning and he was part of a very good overall team performance

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Humphrey has just got it.

You could tell straight away that he's a player. He'll prove to be a tremendous signing.

Get the equivalent on the other side of the pitch and we'll be fine.

oldbutdim
06-01-2017, 10:50 PM

Boyle was the worst Hibs player on the park then?

You certainly saw things differently from me.

I can't criticise a single one of them to be honest, or see the need to.

Mind you, I see things through Hibs tinted specs so I probably don't see the same stuff that some others do.

northstandhibby
06-01-2017, 10:51 PM
Humphrey has just got it.

You could tell straight away that he's a player. He'll prove to be a tremendous signing.

Get the equivalent on the other side of the pitch and we'll be fine.

Your'e at it!!!

Boyle skinned the utd defenders on umpteen occasions tonight. If his final ball could be refined he could be a master player.

Admit it, your'e being controversial for sake aren't you?

Glory Glory

Allant1981
06-01-2017, 10:53 PM

rubbish

Dom'sFirstTouch
06-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Outstanding work rate, pace and fitness. Terrorised the Terrors for 90 minutes. If he could add a touch more composure he would assist/score a barrowload in this league but his pace will always be a threat. Well played Martin.

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Nope. I don't think I'm being confrontational at all.

I'm not saying he had a bad game. I am saying that I thought he was the poorest Hibs player tonight though.

If somebody can be our best player on the night then surely someone has to have been the weakest?!

Again, I'm not hating on him, there's no seethe from me, I just think he's a frustrating player!

Chill :na na:

northstandhibby
06-01-2017, 10:58 PM

I'm not saying he had a bad game. I am saying that I thought he was the poorest Hibs player tonight though.

If somebody can be our best player on the night then surely someone has to have been the weakest?!

Again, I'm not hating on him, there's no seethe from me, I just think he's a frustrating player!

Still think your'e at it but there you are!!!

:na na:

Fife-Hibee
06-01-2017, 10:59 PM

Yer havin a laugh!!

glenberviehibee
06-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Thought Boyle had a great game tonight never stopped working and with his pace he always looked a threat.

hibbymick
06-01-2017, 11:03 PM
Should of had either a goal or couple of assists tonight.

The amount of space and time he had on that wing in the second half was unreal.

Great work rate and tenacity from him and to get in those positions.

Little more composure and we would of put another 3 past them.

Couldnt believe the amount of times he beat his man and we had one man in the box with 3 players marking him.

cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2017, 11:05 PM

Dearie me.

i have to agree with the post you quoted, it seemed like every single time he done all the good work...only to either run in to a dundee utd player or pass to nowhere...opinions i guess

but what a difference having two wingers on though :flag:

random sub
06-01-2017, 11:06 PM
I wish Humphrey was given as much of the ball as Boyle.

Both gave us excitment, pace and a bit of unpredictability. Humphrey had a great first half hour and then didn't do that much/ get that much of the ball after.

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Yer havin a laugh!!

I don't see how he will hold on to his place when Lennon has so many options.

Does Fyffe not get a game when he's fit? Is Shinnie surplus already?

Guaranteed that Lennon will want somone better than Boyle playing on the wing.

I wonder how many of you will be singing his praises next time we drop points. Go back and read some of the stuff written about him when we had poorer results.

cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2017, 11:08 PM
Both gave us excitment, pace and a bit of unpredictability. Humphrey had a great first half hour and then didn't do that much/ get that much of the ball after.

think it was a mixture of him understandably tiring and us playing mostly down the left wing in the latter stages

northstandhibby
06-01-2017, 11:11 PM
i have to agree with the post you quoted, it seemed like every single time he done all the good work...only to either run in to a dundee utd player or pass to nowhere...opinions i guess

but what a difference having two wingers on though :flag:

Most people on the thread have already stated his final ball could have been better. However his willingness to run at the opposition and skin players is very exciting!!!

If he could add a finish or a better end ball he would be worth anything.

Glory Glory

cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Most people on the thread have already stated his final ball could have been better. However his willingness to run at the opposition and skin players is very exciting!!!

Glory Glory

can't disagree with that :agree:

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 11:17 PM

Glory Glory

As I said originally, frustrating!!

ehf
06-01-2017, 11:19 PM

After that performance, I don't think we can say anyone was "poor" or "weak", but if we are talking about our "least good" player tonight, it would have to be Commons, certainly not Boyle.

northstandhibby
06-01-2017, 11:24 PM
As I said originally, frustrating!!

I would replace the word 'frustrating' with 'exciting'.

The way he ran at the defense on many occasions skinning them and running in towards goal was bums off seats time. I'm sure Lenny and the players could help him work on his final ball or shooting and he is the type of player we all want to watch.

Well done Boyle for trying to play the way we all surely want to see!!!

Glory Glory

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 11:25 PM
Agreed :thumbsup:

hibbie02
06-01-2017, 11:25 PM
Outstanding work rate, pace and fitness. Terrorised the Terrors for 90 minutes. If he could add a touch more composure he would assist/score a barrowload in this league but his pace will always be a threat. Well played Martin.

Totally agree. He had them terrorised down the right. Maybe he didn't provide the killer cross, but he sure as hell kept them on their toes. With Humphrey on the other wing, we will shred Championship defences. SJM...what a cameo!

northstandhibby
06-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Agreed :thumbsup:

You have turned my frown upside down WhileTheChief!!!

:greengrin

Diclonius
06-01-2017, 11:27 PM
He reminds me a lot of Sproule. Does fantastically well to get himself into a great position on the byline/in the box and then has no idea what to do next. :greengrin

Even then, he was creating a lot for us tonight and should be a stick on for next week. Lennon has brought out the best in him.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2017, 11:28 PM
If he did everything as well as people are saying he should then he would be playing at a far higher level than the Scottish Championship.

lyonhibs
06-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Great performance. Not without its faults, but persistent and great to see. Will put the absolute ****s up any full back in this league or the Prem on that form.

Get him starting regularly and the assists/goals will flow

oldbutdim
06-01-2017, 11:31 PM

Someone has to be the weakest?

Crikey.

What a strange point of view.

Hope you don't have kids.

I'm sure the runt of the litter will get telt.

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Boyle was outstanding from the game I saw, ran UTD ragged.

eastcoasthibby
06-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Squirrel was immense tonight.
A proper Hibs player.

Some of the criticism levelled at this guy is embarrassing.

Too right doesn't always make right decision but negative comments are out of order he got on the front football and took us forward every time he had the ball...didn't always come of but he kept at it ..and was unlucky not to get a goal ..he needs to get it out of his head that he is a striker ..where he played tonight is the best position for him in my opinion and he will get goals from there ..well done tonight Martin .

lucky
06-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Sorry but for me Boyle works hard but has no final product. Tonight Lennon used his squad to best advantage and we won. But there was a few players that are just not good enough to take us forward but that's for another day

Lang Toun Hibs
I'll admit I was a bit concerned to see his name in the first 11 tonight but wow, how wrong could I be. He was excellent tonight. With him on the left and humphreys on the right we'll rip teams apart...thought Gray and Stevenson also benefitted from the way we set up, Stevenson particularly.

edwards
Thought he was an important part of the team and can get in behind defences he did loose a lot of possession with his first touch which was frustrating but well done Martin

Borderhibbie76
06-01-2017, 11:46 PM

Omg I am actually lost for words

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
06-01-2017, 11:52 PM
I'll admit I was a bit concerned to see his name in the first 11 tonight but wow, how wrong could I be. He was excellent tonight. With him on the left and humphreys on the right we'll rip teams apart...thought Gray and Stevenson also benefitted from the way we set up, Stevenson particularly.
Great point..wee lewy deffo had his best game of season for me...he was back to his best as was Sir David

Fergos
07-01-2017, 12:24 AM
NL called it correct on his post match interview on the radio. Squirrel has great skills but lacks confidence, the source of why his final ball isn't always the right one.

He played well tonight, got us up the pitch and never hid, great attitude and alway working hard.

Anyways great night at the Leith San Siro with a cool 3 zero. Enjoy everybody.

GGTTH

cmcd
07-01-2017, 12:28 AM

Cummings played well for an hour no doubt but needs to work on his right foot .He should have had at least 3 or 4 goals tonight

Tyler Durden
07-01-2017, 01:09 AM
If we can improve Boyle the winger we have an absolute gem on our hands. He is only what 23?

I agree with the poster taking pelters, Squirrel was probably the poorest performer if you had to choose. Great team performance and it should not be under estimated the value of Boyle getting us up the park.

But in the final third he picked the wrong option time and again.

I think he will come off the park tonight really annoyed by his own performance but ready to work hard, listen to the likes of Commons and improve. He's a rough diamond.

RIP
07-01-2017, 01:32 AM
Squirrel sped past my car at Barnton. Noticed the Hibs scarf and reg G8TTH. Slows down, leans over and gives me, wife and laddie a massive thumbs up.

He zoomed off again towards the Forth Bridge. But 40 minutes later he sped past me again near Perth.

Not sure where he disappeared to for 20 minutes but rumours are he was seen kissing While The Chief's wife on the front doorstep just before our fellow netter returned from the match.

He's a quick lad that squirrel!

ehf
07-01-2017, 02:01 AM
Squirrel sped past my car at Barnton. Noticed the Hibs scarf and reg G8TTH. Slows down, leans over and gives me, wife and laddie a massive thumbs up.

He zoomed off again towards the Forth Bridge. But 40 minutes later he sped past me again near Perth.

Not sure where he disappeared to for 20 minutes but rumours are he was seen kissing While The Chief's wife on the front doorstep just before our fellow netter returned from the match.

He's a quick lad that squirrel!

Very quick, but lacking final product, as Mrs WTC would doubtless testify.

Pete
07-01-2017, 02:16 AM
I thought he did really well out there and beat more men than I thought he would. Defenders hate players running at them and even if the final delivery isn't always there (maybe because he isn't a natural winger?)it still gets you deep into their half where anything can happen. It was still very effective.

There's isn't a better sight than a pacey, wiley player with those perfectly white sleeves running at defenders down the wing. That's hibs for me.

HappyAsHellas
07-01-2017, 02:23 AM
Just watched the game again as I recorded it and squirrel never passes to a Hibs player in any of his runs. Cuts inside when he should go down the line (see McGinn) and the final pass/shot is invariably disappointing. Having said this, he scares the crap out of defenders with his pace and direct attitude. a bit of work on his final ball and he could be a really important player.

hibbymark
07-01-2017, 07:53 AM
Attitude is first class . With the 2 wingers and big Marv adding must needed strength and power in the middle,tonight's the first time this season I have really liked the shape of the team. For me Lennon and Stubbs have shoehorned names into the team rather than players in there natural positions. Boyle is a winger all day long rather than a forward for me.How much better did Stevenson look tonight for example when not being asked to do what he can't ? All the novices on here have been saying for what seems like years we lack width and pace . Look what happens when we get it! Easily my favourite game since Hamden in May.Nobody in this league including Utd who are the best of the rest can live with Boyles pace. If his final ball and finishing matched his pace let's be honest he wouldn't be a Hibs . Ggtth:flag:

neil7908
07-01-2017, 09:22 AM
Reminds me a lot of a young Theo Walcott.

His pace makes him a constant menace (although it helps that we actually played at team for once that attacked us rather than put 10 men behind the ball).

But he definitely needs to work on his crossing, passing and shooting though. We really should have scored another goal or two today and although it didn't matter, there have been and will be games where we can't afford to be so wasteful in front of goal.

I don't want to be too negative on him as that fullback will be having nightmares for weeks but we should have him in every day working on his final ball and decision making.

If he could improve that we'd have some player on our hands.

RIP
07-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Watched the highlights last night and his 50 yard run down the left took us from one end of the pitch to the other in the lead up to the first goal.

His run also led to the corner for the last goal.

southsider
07-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Outstanding tonight
Ball played to him wide on the left, took a 'Giroud' touch with his right. Ball under control and only a last gasp challenge at the edge of the box stopped him. He was terrific last night and my MOM. Best bit of skill until SJM's goal.

bigwheel
07-01-2017, 09:55 AM
I heard Lennon say he was excellent last night too. tbh, I was frustrated by him almost all game. Gave them a torrid time right enough with his application and runs, but little end product. Would be a nuisance to play against though..always on it.

Scott Allan Key
07-01-2017, 09:55 AM
If he did everything as well as people are saying he should then he would be playing at a far higher level than the Scottish Championship.

He's still only 23. Hopefully, he'll add composure to his game, or we send him to meditation classes.

fishybeaver
07-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Superb attitude, good work rate, poor decision making and poor finishing is how I would describe his performance last night.

SeanWilson
07-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Very frustrating player, however if he did have his whole game together, he wouldn't be with us. If he had the composure to pass after skinning 3 players, he'd be phenomenal.

Waxy
07-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Just has to add composure at final ball time.

Northernhibee
07-01-2017, 05:58 PM
Came up with an idea of a song for him today, to the tune of "If I Was A Boy" by Beyoncé;

"If I was Martin Boyle
I think I could understand
How it feels to be a Hibee
And hold the Scottish Cup in your hands"

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 06:06 PM
I think he's far more effective wide with Humphrey now on the other side, stretching the opposition defensive and giving him more space. As has been stated often his composure and control isn't top notch, but that might improve now that he has more space to operate.

MoscowHibs
07-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Pretty sure he milked it past me in his motor on Dundee kingsway :bye:, going by reg plate sure it was him.Hope he seen the mobile camera beside Costa or he will be catching the bus.Nuff said.

southsider
07-01-2017, 06:17 PM
My song for Martin
I went on a 3 day bender
After we won the cup
Legends club i am a member
Each May we will celebrate the club.

Northernhibee
07-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Pretty sure he milked it past me in his motor on Dundee kingsway :bye:, going by reg plate sure it was him.Hope he seen the mobile camera beside Costa or he will be catching the bus.Nuff said.
Really nice Merc?

MoscowHibs
07-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Really nice Merc?
Certainly was, pi5h colour tho.

madabouthibs
07-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Great runs from Boyle, often having to beat the right back or right midfielder to give himself the space to get forward, and then he mostly only had Cummings and Commons to receive a cross into the box, both wee short guys against their big hightower defence.......
I can kinda understand why he insisted on constantly cutting inside for a shot. Hitting such shortarsed strikers with a cross is always gonna be hard, and evening a decent cross probably fruitless.

07-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Big Boyle fan, he's got frightening pace when he gets going, caused Utd defence all sorts of trouble and can create lots. If only he could finish though! What a player he would be if he could.

snooky
07-01-2017, 06:57 PM

Glory Glory

Ivan-esque?

JimBHibees
07-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Big Boyle fan, he's got frightening pace when he gets going, caused Utd defence all sorts of trouble and can create lots. If only he could finish though! What a player he would be if he could.

He has scored 7 goals this season however it could be better. His runs created the corners we scored goals 1 and 3.

snooky
07-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Great point..wee lewy deffo had his best game of season for me...he was back to his best as was Sir David

I thought McGregor was his usual brilliant self. What a signing he has been.

lord bunberry
07-01-2017, 07:02 PM
All Boyle's best performances have come when playing wide, he was outstanding when he covered for Gray a couple of years ago. I think that's what got him a contract at the end of the season.

ballengeich
07-01-2017, 07:08 PM
I can kinda understand why he insisted on constantly cutting inside for a shot. Hitting such shortarsed strikers with a cross is always gonna be hard, and evening a decent cross probably fruitless.

Playing on the left he can't beat a man on the outside and put in a cross. His left foot is used as much as Jason's right. They're similar in needing to work on using the weaker peg at least occasionally.

Onion
07-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Hugely effective last night and caused the Utd defence all kinds of problems. If he could just play with his head up a bit more.... he'd be amazing. But then again, he'd probably be playing at a higher level.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Aw 100% mate ...the boy is a rock

northstandhibby
07-01-2017, 08:15 PM

:top marks

He has been a major capture and has helped Paul mature into the player we all thought he could become. What a major mistake from the huns to let him go, but a huge bonus for us to have got Darren to ER.

07-01-2017, 08:23 PM
He has scored 7 goals this season however it could be better. His runs created the corners we scored goals 1 and 3.

I know and thats good but just saying he could have so much more. He makes brilliant runs and gets into the right spots but just can't convert most of the time.

Not getting on his back because I really like Boyle and think he brings a lot of pace and creativity, just saying that if he could finish off some of his runs he would be a top class player.

J-C
07-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Fantastic having his pace but when he goes for it no one can keep up and he ends up waiting for guys to catch up, the times he turned inside to play the ball and no one was there. He just needs to learn to sprint enough to go past but not too fast where he's miles ahead of everyone. His pace frightens defenders though :).

Kavinho
07-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Ivan-esque?
glad it wasn't just me thinking it

Bay Area Hibees
08-01-2017, 07:10 AM
I would agree with this. Squirrel crashes through the trees well, but needs to show a little more composure when it comes to stashing nuts in his den.

Ha. Magic. 👏

Libby Hibby
08-01-2017, 07:19 AM
Boyle makes me laugh, he makes me frustrated, he makes me sit on the edge of my seat, he makes me scream, he makes me cheer, he makes me happy but most of all he makes me glad he is a hibby.

He gets us, I think he likes it here and he never seems to let us down.

He gives 100% every time he is on the pitch, something's work, something's don't come off but, for me he is a valuable member to the squad.

Keep doing what your doing Martin.

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Boyle was excellent on Fri night.

His attitude and general play was a joy to watch defending from the front, closing down the opposition, tracking back never mind his pace stretching UTD's defence taking pressure off our midfield/defence.

His final ball may have been more effective if he wasn't get constantly fouled, doubled up on and he had options when he did get into the opposition penalty box.

How anyone can criticise his display on Fri is baffling.

Broken Gnome
08-01-2017, 08:59 AM

His attitude and general play was a joy to watch defending from the front, closing down the opposition, tracking back never mind his pace stretching UTD's defence taking pressure off our midfield/defence.

His final ball may have been more effective if he wasn't get constantly fouled, doubled up on and he had options when he did get into the opposition penalty box.

Not really baffling, he probably gave the ball away more than any other Hibs player has done in years.

Doesn't mean he wasn't effective, just wasn't the sort of performance that people are guaranteed to appreciatem

B.H.F.C
08-01-2017, 09:00 AM

I dont think anybody is really criticising his overall display. He did a lot of good work, maInly getting us up the pitch.

But it's not being overly critical to say that for the number of runs he made, and the number of dangerous positions he got in to he didn't really have much end product. He didn't test the keeper or really pick anyone out often enough. For me, it was down to the fact he was too hesitant and kept getting caught in two minds whether to pass or shoot.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-01-2017, 12:05 AM
Against UTD he was great but started getting too predictable when he kept cutting inside. Needs to change it up a bit sometimes. Cut inside and cross/cross with weaker foot/ do a McGinn and skin the fullback and go down the byline :greengrin

J-C
09-01-2017, 12:09 AM
Against UTD he was great but started getting too predictable when he kept cutting inside. Needs to change it up a bit sometimes. Cut inside and cross/cross with weaker foot/ do a McGinn and skin the fullback and go down the byline :greengrin

Maybe the fact he's very right footed stops him from going past the defender on the left, a bit like Cummings always taking the ball onto his left instead of trying to shoot with his right. Boyle is being played on the wrong side and therefore will play as an inside forward cutting in, his great pace is his weapon which defenders hate.