PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a singing section?

beensaidbefore
06-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Fans were immense tonight, and I think almost every song in the repertoire was there. Well done to everyone. What an atmosphere.

emerald green
06-01-2017, 10:57 PM
The Dundee United "support" was s****. Mind you, scoring early always tends to keep away fans silent.

cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2017, 11:01 PM
tonight was up there with one of the best atmospheres i've heard at ER for quite a while :scarf:

Jonnyboy
06-01-2017, 11:02 PM
Fans were immense tonight, and I think almost every song in the repertoire was there. Well done to everyone. What an atmosphere.

To be fair, the fans at the front of the East, adjacent to the South, never stopped singing all night

GreenCastle
06-01-2017, 11:05 PM
The fan base is there just put the product on the park..and make it a competitive league in Scotland..

Thecat23
06-01-2017, 11:08 PM
Just reading on twitter about a Utd fan that has been stabbed. No idea if this is true but more than a few are talking about it. Really hope it's not true.

Eaststandee
06-01-2017, 11:08 PM
First time in many a year since I heard the west stand start a song. I think I'm still in shock.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2017, 11:11 PM
First time in many a year since I heard the west stand start a song. I think I'm still in shock.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

to be fair to the west stand it was that side that picked it up a bit for us against Dumbarton a few games back, tonight it seemed every section gave it laldy :agree:

Since1875Hibs
07-01-2017, 10:28 AM

Ask the same question to yourself at the next home game, be dire compared to last night.

green day
07-01-2017, 10:32 AM
Ask the same question to yourself at the next home game, be dire compared to last night.

Agreed. We don't need a dedicated area in the huge games, it's the pishy run of the mill yawnfest against the likes of Ayr utd where we need you guys bunched together.

Well done again (I assume it was you guys) for the constant songbook.

ronaldo7
07-01-2017, 10:51 AM
to be fair to the west stand it was that side that picked it up a bit for us against Dumbarton a few games back, tonight it seemed every section gave it laldy :agree:

I looked over to the West last night, and even the boys/girls in the Hospitality were on their feet belting it oot.:flag:

J-C
07-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Play with intent like last night, score goals like last night and excite fans like last night and the singing will take care of itself.

marinello59
07-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Play with intent like last night, score goals like last night and excite fans like last night and the singing will take care of itself.

Exactly, it's a two way thing. Artificially creating an atmosphere is incredibly difficult. Not saying it can't be done.

H18 SFR
07-01-2017, 11:16 AM
The Dundee United "support" was s****. Mind you, scoring early always tends to keep away fans silent.

They managed one rendition of Utd, Utd, Utd as they went off after the warm up and the again when the teams came out. Truly pitiful.

marinello59
07-01-2017, 11:17 AM
They managed one rendition of Utd, Utd, Utd as they went off after the warm up and the again when the teams came out. Truly pitiful.

Not really. A decent amount of them turned up to support their team and they were given nothing in return. We are just the same when it happens to us.

Sammy7nil
07-01-2017, 11:23 AM
To be fair, the fans at the front of the East, adjacent to the South, never stopped singing all night

I am not sure what the atmosphere would be like without the drummer who deserves a :top marks:top marks:top marks

O'Rourke3
07-01-2017, 11:28 AM
I looked over to the West last night, and even the boys/girls in the Hospitality were on their feet belting it oot.:flag:

It was the Hospitality Section that started the Super John McGinn song. My money was on the squad guys or the long term injuries....

07-01-2017, 11:44 AM

We outsang them at Tannadice last month as well. TBF they didn't have a great deal to sing about tonight, they were rotten.

Brilliant atmostphere from the hibs fans tonight :thumbsup::flag:

Tamhere1875
07-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Thought the young guys in the singing section did a great job again last night.

07-01-2017, 11:46 AM
The players on twitter saying how brilliant the fans backing was tonight. I think it really does make a difference when the whole crowd gets behind the team like that. Lets get ER like that every game :thumbsup:

Shrekko
07-01-2017, 11:47 AM

Must admit, today I'm actually missing the Resident Arab, as I'm sure he'd have been on to claim United fans had been verified as being noisier than Hibs fans last night and probably that there was over 5,000 of them.

When the singing goes all round the ground ER has an amazing atmosphere. Some of the songs were incredible last night-John McGinn must have liked his!

greenlex
07-01-2017, 12:08 PM
I must be in a real minority. There were a. Lille of times I thought we weren't very noisy despite being two up. Having said that when we were noisy we were bloody noisy.

InchHibby
07-01-2017, 12:20 PM
I thought the singing section were absolutely brilliant and brought the other areas of the ground into the singing on numerous occasions. When the entire home end were chanting, like when SJM came out it was fantastic.
I said it once before on another thread and I know it's pie in the sky but the best area for a standing/singing area would be to fill in the corner between the Famous Five and the East terracing.
It would probably hold somewhere between 800 to 1000 fans, but would be the icing on the cake.
I live in hope.:flag:

PiemanP
07-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Place was rocking especially after McGinn's goal that was probably the loudest I've ever heard Easter road in my decade or so watching Hibs. Wonder if anyone has the TV footage after that goal? Would be good to stick on YouTube to watch again.