PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

Unseen work
06-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Thought I would get it started

Laidlaw - 8 - very comfortable and confident in everything he done and a good save at the end

Gray - 8 - solid
Mcgregor - 8 - solid
Hanlon - 8- solid
Stevenson - 8 - solid

Bartley - 10 - nothing for past him at all. Superb.
Mcgeouch -8- nice and busy in midfield, distributed the ball well

Humphrey - 9- exactly what we have missed, superb.
Commons - 7 - never really done much but was part of a good team performance
Boyle - 8- great workrate but frustrated me with his lack of composure in the final 3rd. Constant threat none the less

Cummings -10- standard Jason, he scores goals. Superb.

Mcginn -9- sheer class when he came on

Pretty Boy
06-01-2017, 09:57 PM
A team and managenent performance of 10.

Every player was disciplined and done their job. The reason they were able to do that was they were set up in a way that played to their strengths and they clearly undertsood what was asked of them.

I've been a critic in recent weeks but I've always given my opinion as I see it. When we play poorly I'll say so and likewise when we play well.

R'Albin
06-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Agree with all except Commons deserves an 8 as well purely for having the ability to consistently put in a good ball. Had he been taking the corners in that Falkirk game at Easter Road this season I'm confident we would have scored from at least one of them.

21sMay
06-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Laidlaw- 8- kicking was good all night and made a great stop at 2-0, deserved to keep his place
Stevenson-8- was brilliant tonight , asked to defend and defend he did, great passing also.
Gray-7- strolled it
Hanlon&mgregor-8- has become the norm for these guys, pissed it.
Mcgeogh-7- quite but effective
Bartley-9.5- outstanding, must be a nightmare to play against
Boyle-8.5- questioned his selection from the start but had a great game and never give their defence a minutes peace
Humphreys-9- been crying out for a winger who could beat a man and cross a ball , he certainly delivered
Commons-7.5- steady game
Cummings-10- brilliant tonight, looks hungrier, fitter and in typical Cummings fashion , he scores 2 goals only he could score

Fuzzywuzzy
06-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Brilliant performance from the team. Best so far this season. However, I can't agree with the Cummings mark. He got two goals, brilliant but off the ball he was murder. Seemed to piss and moan a lot and not want to make any challenges. Holt was trying to give him advice on more than one occasion and he didn't want to listen.

I like Cummings, I just think his work rate is piss poor. I know people won't agree with this but it's an opinion and we know what folk say about opinions.

QMU-1875
Laidlaw - 9 For me that save is the key moment in the second half. It goes in and it's panic stations.

Defence - all get an 8 solid

Midfield all get an 8 bar Boyle and Bartley who were outstanding 10

JC35 - 9 two great finishes and starting get the swagger back.

Lennon 10. Said it last week that Falkirk result could be a turning point in our season and I'm sticking with it. He's got us 4 points clear and seems to have cracked it tonight. Post match interview was great as well. This man loves pressure and he may be starting to thrive in it.

Mon the hibees, more of that every week please 👏👏🇳🇬

coco22
Agree with all except Commons deserves an 8 as well purely for having the ability to consistently put in a good ball. Had he been taking the corners in that Falkirk game at Easter Road this season I'm confident we would have scored from at least one of them.

Seeing Commons and Humphreys whip in a few decent crosses /set pieces into the box made tonight feel wholly better as a rounded team performance (amongst many other positives)

worcesterhibby
06-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Laidlaw - 9 - everyone was confident giving him the ball, and made there only real save he was asked to make.

Gray - 8 - Brilliant defensive header in the 6 yard box in the first half...solid all night
Mcgregor - 8 - bleeds green
Hanlon - 8- composed and assertive
Stevenson - 9 - LS's best game in weeks...set up the 2nd with an amazing tackle/interception

Bartley - 10 - tackled , passed and ran with the ball...awesome.
Mcgeouch -8- nice and busy in midfield, distributed the ball well

Humphrey - 9- perfect debut first half..faded a bit in the 2nd...but excellent.
Commons - 7 - always an outlet and unlocking with the shot that was blocked by a defender.
Boyle - 8- I,love the squirrel..loses there ball a bit and lacks composure but he scares the crap out of defenders.

Cummings -9 - scores goals

Mcginn -9- jinky, little genius

danhibees1875
06-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Laidlaw - 8.5

Gray - 8.5
Hanlon - 8
McGregor - 8
Stevenson - 8.5

Bartley - 9
McGeoch - 8
Commons - 8

Humphry - 8
Boyle 8.5
Cummings - 8.5

Hibs as a team - 11.

worcesterhibby
06-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Brilliant performance from the team. Best so far this season. However, I can't agree with the Cummings mark. He got two goals, brilliant but off the ball he was murder. Seemed to piss and moan a lot and not want to make any challenges. Holt was trying to give him advice on more than one occasion and he didn't want to listen.

I like Cummings, I just think his work rate is piss poor. I know people won't agree with this but it's an opinion and we know what folk say about opinions.

Holt ??? he wasn't even on the park..was he doing this from the sidelines...??

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Laidlaw - 7 - Fought through the boredom and stayed focused well with a great save. Kicking and distribution has come on leaps and bounds. A more solid presence between the sticks.

Gray - 7 - Did what he had to do with no fuss
McGregor - 8 - Scarcely troubled, had the Utd forwards in his pocket.
Hanlon - 8 - See McGregor
Stevenson - 8 - Decent game. Playing with two wide men took the attacking pressure of him, and as a result he looked a more accomplished full bck.

Bartley - 10 - Deserved MOM. An absolute masterclass in defensive midfield play.
McGeouch - 7 - Tidy and busy, probably had to work harder rather than pick a pass, especially in first half as Utd had more personnel in middle.
Humphrey - 8 - Are you free Mr Humphreys? I'm free- to destroy United's defence at will in the first half. Needed more of the ball in the second, but credit to Lenny for acting decisively to provide what we've been screaming for from the stands for three years.
Commons - 6 - Pretty anoymous and off the pace, but did nothing wrong.
Boyle - 8 - He was threat with pace and always wanted the ball. Final touch often poor though.
Cummings - 9 - Cumming did what Cummings does best. Two sharp predators goals.
McGinn - 9- Looks roght back up to speed already, and a Stokesy cup final tribute goal into the bargain.

Lennon - 10 - Can't argue with line up, tactics or use of sub. Think he smelt United blood after the Dumbrton reverse and went for the throat, had us first to every ball, hunting them down, making them look jittery. Gave them more of the ball in the second half, so we could break and use the pace to punish them. On another day we could have won five-nil.

hfc rd
06-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Everyone was tremendous! Our best all round performance since the 21/05/16!

Fuzzywuzzy
06-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Holt ??? he wasn't even on the park..was he doing this from the sidelines...??

Aye, spoke to him a few times but jc just blanked him and toddled off. Holt just looked as if he was banging his head off a brick wall.

Brightside
06-01-2017, 10:24 PM
9 for the whole team. bar an 8 for dylan.

Unseen work
06-01-2017, 10:25 PM

Come on mate.

Scores 2 goals.

Was playing upfront by himself and was trying to hold off a defender near enough twice his size, and did so on numerous occasions. Done the simple things well.

I find it staggering how someone can fault his work rate after that.

I think he's an easy target for that accusation.

Not wanting to make tackles? What? He never shirked any tackles it's hardly his role to go about tackling folk. Yes I understand you have to defend from the front and put defenders under pressure, which he did.

He was frustrated with himself near the end when he found himself in 2 good positions and it never came off, he just wanted his hat trick.

Unseen work
06-01-2017, 10:25 PM
If anything Cummings should be giving holt advice.

Fuzzywuzzy
06-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Boyle was outstanding tonight as was Bartley

Fritz

They're often pish?

My_Wife_Camille
10 across the board.

Northernhibee
06-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Laidlaw - 8 - Did what he needed to do when required.

Gray - 8 - Same for all the defence - all looked very strong tonight.
McGregor - 8
Hanlon - 8
Stevenson - 8 - Both he and Gray looked all the better for being played as defenders.

Bartley - 10 - Best performance from a Hibs player this season.
McGeouch - 7
Humphrey - 9 - Two assists, even if one was a little bit fortunate and caused them no ends of problems.
Commons - 7 - Supposedly was a doubt after having had the flu this week - a little off the pace but understandable.
Boyle - 6.5 - attitude and pace great, no final ball is infuriating.

Cummings - 7.5 - Two very good goals but should have had four or five. Maybe being selfish but he can be even better in time.

hibee_girl
06-01-2017, 10:28 PM

Have to disagree with this, I thought Cummings worked harder tonight than he has done for a long time! Normally he's just strolling about the park but tonight he really put a shift in, tracking back etc.

21sMay
06-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Come on mate.

Scores 2 goals.

Was playing upfront by himself and was trying to hold off a defender near enough twice his size, and did so on numerous occasions. Done the simple things well.

Not wanting to make tackles? What? He never shirked any tackles it's hardly his role to go about tackling folk. Yes I understand you have to defend from the front and put defenders under pressure, which he did.

He was frustrated with himself near the end when he found himself in 2 good positions and it never came off, he just wanted his hat trick.

Totally agree with this ! Jason was outstanding tonight , we better enjoy him while he is here as he will certainly move on to bigger and better things

Fritz
06-01-2017, 10:30 PM

Thought Dylan had a great game, perfect foil for Bartley.

BSEJVT
06-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Thought Dylan had a great game, perfect foil for Bartley.

Thank god for that I thought it was just me that saw that

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2017, 10:35 PM

Every player was disciplined and done their job. The reason they were able to do that was they were set up in a way that played to their strengths and they clearly undertsood what was asked of them.

I've been a critic in recent weeks but I've always given my opinion as I see it. When we play poorly I'll say so and likewise when we play well.

Saved me the bother. :agree:

Johnny_Leith
06-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Keeper was solid and a good save

Defense was good with Hanlon excellent

Midfield worked hard with Bartley nullifying andreau and McGeouch was also excellent.

Humphreys touch past Dixon was worth the entrance fee alone, great cross what an assist!

Boyle was a threat but could have done better, worked very hard.

Probably the most mature performance from JC I've seen up until his last 10 minutes, great finishes and played well.

McGinn is just class!

Lennon deserves a lot of credit for tonight's set up and result.

CMurdoch
06-01-2017, 10:36 PM
Laidlaw - 7 - very comfortable and confident in everything he did and a good save near the end

Gray - 7 - solid
Mcgregor - 8 - solid
Hanlon - 8- solid
Stevenson - 7 - solid

Bartley - 9 - does the tough stuff. Grafted, fought, poor guy took a lot of kicks & hits, was limping heavily before half time but managed to get through the game even after more rough treatment in the second half
McGeouch - 7 - a bit quieter tonight, distributed the ball well as usual, head up, class player

Humphrey - 7 - great control and cross for the 2nd goal, struggled as the second half wore on.
Commons - 7 - was giving advice to Cummings throughout, still struggling for match fitness but will continue to improve
Boyle - 8 - great pace and workrate, lack of composure at times

Cummings - 8 - took his goals well and timed the run for the second well

McGinn - 9 - Drove the team forward like he had never been gone, think the rest will have done him good.

northstandhibby
06-01-2017, 10:36 PM
Laidlaw - 7 - Fought through the boredom and stayed focused well with a great save. Kicking and distribution has come on leaps and bounds. A more solid presence between the sticks.

Gray - 7 - Did what he had to do with no fuss
McGregor - 8 - Scarcely troubled, had the Utd forwards in his pocket.
Hanlon - 8 - See McGregor
Stevenson - 8 - Decent game. Playing with two wide men took the attacking pressure of him, and as a result he looked a more accomplished full bck.

Bartley - 10 - Deserved MOM. An absolute masterclass in defensive midfield play.
McGeouch - 7 - Tidy and busy, probably had to work harder rather than pick a pass, especially in first half as Utd had more personnel in middle.
Humphrey - 8 - Are you free Mr Humphreys? I'm free- to destroy United's defence at will in the first half. Needed more of the ball in the second, but credit to Lenny for acting decisively to provide what we've been screaming for from the stands for three years.
Commons - 6 - Pretty anoymous and off the pace, but did nothing wrong.
Boyle - 8 - He was threat with pace and always wanted the ball. Final touch often poor though.
Cummings - 9 - Cumming did what Cummings does best. Two sharp predators goals.
McGinn - 9- Looks roght back up to speed already, and a Stokesy cup final tribute goal into the bargain.

Lennon - 10 - Can't argue with line up, tactics or use of sub. Think he smelt United blood after the Dumbrton reverse and went for the throat, had us first to every ball, hunting them down, making them look jittery. Gave them more of the ball in the second half, so we could break and use the pace to punish them. On another day we could have won five-nil.

Pretty well sums up individual performances albeit hope you don't mind if I upgraded Commons to a 7.5 as I thought he was instrumental with linking up with JC and Humphrey in the first half. Apart from that spot on!!!

Glory Glory

:flag:

Elephant Stone
06-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Laidlaw 8

Gray 8
Hanlon 8
McGregor 8.5
Stevenson 7.5. Had the chance to play someone in when we broke late on but he is seemingly unable to strike the ball with his right foot, even in emergencies. Great game otherwise.

Humphrey 8. Outstanding first half, seemed to fade a bit in the second. Looks very promising.
Bartley 10.
McGeouch 9
Boyle 8. Best I've seen him play, looked really dangerous. Final product lacking a wee bit perhaps.

Cummings 8

McGinn 10

Dom'sFirstTouch
06-01-2017, 10:45 PM

Spot on. We looked so balanced and structured in attack yet lost none of our defensive solidity. Tactics and line up perfect tonight, long may it continue.

J-C
06-01-2017, 10:49 PM

This.

Every player was playing where they should, fullbacks being fullbacks etc, no square pegs in round holes. The defence looks much more solid and width/pace made a huge difference, also the tempo we played, this comes from McGeouch and McGinn when he starts again.

BoomtownHibees
06-01-2017, 10:50 PM

*****. Mcgeouch was quality as per

gordonced18
06-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Considering Humphrey hasn't played for some time it's no surprise he tired, can't wait to see him once the stamina comes back. Didn't think Marv was going to last the 90 after the brutal challenge in the first half but he was a man of steel tonight!.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
06-01-2017, 10:55 PM
Have to disagree with this, I thought Cummings worked harder tonight than he has done for a long time! Normally he's just strolling about the park but tonight he really put a shift in, tracking back etc.

A lovely wee cameo as Jase was subbed and Lennon spoke to him whilst sporting a huge grin.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the view that he is poor off the ball. His movement tonight was great

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Cummings is definitely getting better. Couldn't knock his work rate at all.

A year from now he'll be saying that being dropped by Lennon was the best thing that happened to him. You could tell from their exchange when he came off that there is no problem between them at all.

Also liked the ball up the jersey thing when Utd fans were calling him a fat B!

RoslinInstHibby
06-01-2017, 11:00 PM

Agreed, he put a shift today and competed well against a much bigger and stronger opponent

EVENTUALLY
06-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Scott Martin gets a 10 for bringing out the best in big Bartley. Competition for places and all that :wink:

J-C
06-01-2017, 11:02 PM
A lovely wee cameo as Jase was subbed and Lennon spoke to him whilst sporting a huge grin.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the view that he is poor off the ball. His movement tonight was great

He and Commons worked hard but it's when he's running at defenders you see Jason's limitations as a players, 2 or 3 times tonight he ran at the two big CH's and he looked like he hadn't a clue what to do, in the box being in the right place to stick it away is what he does best.

BSEJVT
06-01-2017, 11:02 PM

Agreed

He also competed very well and held the ball up well too

Fuzzywuzzy
06-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Just out of curiosity what were the police in the east for?

Blaster
06-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Isn't it great when our full backs can play their natural game with proper wide players in front of them

Benny Brazil
06-01-2017, 11:13 PM
Cant fault any player tonight.
Goalkeeper and defence worked really hard and hardly gave Utd a sniff.
Midfield were great - Bartley was outstanding, Boyle was brilliant just let himself down when he got into the box. Humphrey looks to be a really good addition. Commons needs a few more games to get his sharpness back but you can tell that his brain works quicker than most. McGinn is just super!
Cummings should have had at least a hat-trick but he worked his socks off.

Lennon also deserves praise tonight - team line up was spot on. We stretched them with the two wide players and they panicked any time we got the ball out wide.

The fans also deserve praise - good atmosphere, my son said that was the most enjoyable game he has been to at ER.

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 11:15 PM
I think the Commons / Cummings partnership will get better and better as they play more together.

Commons doesn't get the credit he deserves. Very clever player and I get the feeling that Jason is loving playing alongside him.

hibbymick
06-01-2017, 11:16 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

GreenPJ
06-01-2017, 11:27 PM
He and Commons worked hard but it's when he's running at defenders you see Jason's limitations as a players, 2 or 3 times tonight he ran at the two big CH's and he looked like he hadn't a clue what to do, in the box being in the right place to stick it away is what he does best.

:agree: For me its all down to the fact he is so one footed. The two chances later on the second half should have been at least got a shot off but he just wont use his right foot therefore the defenders always know he is going to cut back.

bobert07
06-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Cummings and Boyle for as good as they were tonight are both guilty of not using there weaker foot. Boyle kept cutting back inside to try use his right foot and Jason just wont trust his right foot.

cad
07-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Very good performance from Hibs pretty much dominated them from the first minute , my only gripe which after the result is a bit nippy but here goes.

I thought Hibs should have hammered them by 6,7,or 8, the player has been mentioned by a few posters but I wont, his final ball left a lot to be desired and his almost constant choice of wrong option made it very frustrating to watch,

Nobody in the league above us will be as poor as United were tonight and its wrong to pick on one guy but he had that much of the game it would be difficult not to mention its a great 3 points but we should have scored a barrel load.

Docc109
07-01-2017, 12:28 AM
Come on mate.

Scores 2 goals.

Agree, Cummings was given a hard time by big defender, not his fault, too many high balls played in to him. When the ball was played on the ground to him, he scores. :top marks

Andy74
07-01-2017, 12:30 AM

Hopefully Cummings doesn't share this attitude. He still has a lot to learn about his position and if he has half the career Holt has had them he will be fine.

Tyler Durden
07-01-2017, 12:47 AM
Very good performance from Hibs pretty much dominated them from the first minute , my only gripe which after the result is a bit nippy but here goes.

I thought Hibs should have hammered them by 6,7,or 8, the player has been mentioned by a few posters but I wont, his final ball left a lot to be desired and his almost constant choice of wrong option made it very frustrating to watch,

Nobody in the league above us will be as poor as United were tonight and its wrong to pick on one guy but he had that much of the game it would be difficult not to mention its a great 3 points but we should have scored a barrel load.

Sorry that is nonsense. About half the teams in the league above are as poor as Utd

I do agree however that Boyle had a frustrating night

Tyler Durden
07-01-2017, 12:51 AM
:agree: For me its all down to the fact he is so one footed. The two chances later on the second half should have been at least got a shot off but he just wont use his right foot therefore the defenders always know he is going to cut back.

Wasn't really 2 chances - he was twice near the edge of the box surrounded by 2/3 defenders

It's not a fluke that the ball falls to Cummings in the box by the way (not that you have suggested so). People never give him any credit for getting into these positions where he finishes, I find it bizarre.

A big game player is what we have. Just a shame our big game is playing Utd in this league

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-01-2017, 12:51 AM
10's across the board. Absolutely faultless. Amazed at a few people suggesting Dylan was quiet. I thought he was absolutely outstanding. Completely bossed the midfield. Only marginally behind big Marv who was like a man possessed in the centre of the park.

Hi Heid Yin
07-01-2017, 12:58 AM
Laidlaw - 8 The save he pulled off in the 2nd half was a pivotal moment in the game

Gray - 8 He, along with the backline snuffed out anything United could throw at us -
McGregor -8 - see Gray
Hanlon - 8 - see Gray
Stevenson 8 - Lewis, for once, could focus on his defensive game as Boyle let rip out on the left. Great link-up play and one wee moment of Brazilian magic from a player I have previously singled out for criticism.

Bartley - 10 - Inspired performance from the big man. He dominated, harried, chased, tackled and won practically everything that came his way. Deserved MOM.
McGeouch -8 Busy and industrious as always
Humphrey - 8 - Fantastic debut from our new signing. He had us off our seats with his penetrating runs down the right. A wee touch of our Ivan Sproule in the excitement he generated.
Commons - 7 Quietly effective but still well short of the fitness levels of some of his team mates
Boyle - 9 To see him on one wing and Humphreys on the other was a true throwback to those 1950's games. Great runs and energy, a 10/10 would have been awarded if he could only have scored a well-deserved goal
Cummings - 9 - Our 'Hammer Of The Hearts' and spearhead up front. What a predator.
McGinn - 9- Class through and through. He lapped up the occasion and the recognition and appreciation from the crowd - and what a super cool finish for his goal.

Manager Lennon: 10/10 Neil got his tactics, his formation and his team selection spot on. Considering the occasion and the importance of this particular game against our biggest rivals - for me, a defining moment as Hibs manager

'mon the beers
07-01-2017, 02:07 AM
For me McGregor is just bullying opposition forwards every week and drives us on. Genuinely can't remember a header he hasn't won??? The team were superb tonight, 2 wingers allowing JC to play within the width of the 18 yard box which is what he should do.

Give humphreys and commons a couple more games and we are flying. It can't be fair bringing SJM on, can it? You don't know what you're missing til he comes on and then it's another lift, absolute magic GGTTH

The Harp Awakes
07-01-2017, 02:29 AM
10's across the board. Absolutely faultless. Amazed at a few people suggesting Dylan was quiet. I thought he was absolutely outstanding. Completely bossed the midfield. Only marginally behind big Marv who was like a man possessed in the centre of the park.

Totally agree about Dylan, he was outstanding as was Bartley. Felt that at the game and watching the game back on tv it's clear both were immense for the entire 90 minutes. Both also took some hard tackles but just bounced back up time after time.

NAE NOOKIE
07-01-2017, 02:35 AM
Its all mostly been said ... but its such a pleasure to give marks after a performance like that I'm going to do it anyway, who cares if anybody reads it :greengrin

Laidlaw ....... 8 ...... Had little or nothing to do up until his super save, which was hugely important at that stage in the game, he will be very unlucky if he is dropped when Marciano is fit.

Gray ....... 8 ...... Hardly put a foot wrong all evening.

Hanlon ..... 8 .... Solid as a rock, at one point in the first half he held off two Utd players on his own inside our box with a great tackle.

McGregor ... 8 .... Has this guy had a bad game this season? won header after header after header.

Stevenson .. 8 ... Solid as anything and actually seemed to be a lot happier without having to operate as a wingback, his pass to Humphrey, intentional or not, was brilliant.

McGeouch ... 8.5 ..... IMO his contribution in this game is being a little underrated, he was everywhere breaking up the play and trying to get the ball forward.

Bartley .... 9.5 ...... What a game he had, broke up Utd's play time and again and even his forward play was better than normal and stuck at it for the whole 90 minutes in spite of constantly being fouled .. superb performance.

Commons ... 7.5 .... Played pretty well, though I still think there's more to come from him .. one thing I have noticed is that he tries to get into the box when we are attacking which I like very much, looked a bit off the pace at times, but a cold and lack of match practice will do that to you.

Humphrey .... 8.5 ..... His first half was a 10 but he faded quite a bit in the 2nd half, set up two goals and tracked back when Utd had the ball, a super debut. I cant help thinking that he is at his best when he has space to run in to, he wasn't nearly as effective when he had to beat his man from a standing start with no room.

Cummings .... 9 ..... Two goals both well taken and he actually made life quite difficult for the giant who was marking him, even though he wasn't going to beat him in the air he still did his best to make his life difficult and quite often succeeded ..... But I wish Jason would practice, practice, practice with his right foot, if he could learn to trust it he would have probably had 4 tonight not just 2.

Boyle .... 8.5 ..... Utd were having to double up on him all the time, especially in the 2nd half and he gave their defence a torrid time, yes a lot of the time he didn't break through, but he did enough times to be very unlucky not to have a goal to his name, perhaps needs some work on his final ball too. One thing nobody has mentioned is the bit in the first half where our defence fell asleep a wee bit and Hanlon was left in no mans land, Utd were in round the back and out of nowhere the Squirrel appeared with a last ditch challenge to save the day.

SUBS:

McGinn ..... 8 ...... What can you say, it was like he had never been away, made things happen from the minute he came on and scored a great goal ....... when you look at the insane money being paid for players Hibs should make it public they will laugh at any offer short of three million quid, in fact we should offer him another four year contract now with a four million buy out clause.

Keatings ... 5 .... Worked hard when he came on.

Graham ... 3 .... Not enough time to do anything.

Neil Lennon ..... I did a double take when I saw the starting line up, but he got it bang on, his best day as Hibs boss.

The crowd ...... At times it was like a derby match, oh how I wish Easter Road was like that every week ... loved it :thumbsup:

Pete
07-01-2017, 02:36 AM
For me McGregor is just bullying opposition forwards every week and drives us on. Genuinely can't remember a header he hasn't won??? The team were superb tonight, 2 wingers allowing JC to play within the width of the 18 yard box which is what he should do.

Give humphreys and commons a couple more games and we are flying. It can't be fair bringing SJM on, can it? You don't know what you're missing til he comes on and then it's another lift, absolute magic GGTTH

I don't think McGregor or Hanlon lost much in the air all night.

Special mention too for JC who was up against some monsters tonight but never gave them a free header, causing a lot of ones that would normally be easy for defenders to be misplaced instead.
It's all part of this new work ethic that sees our players give 100% and never give the opposition peace...and JC done that much tonight you can forgive the tiredness and wee strops late in the game.

Commons and Humphrey were also blowing out of their behind at the end but that was also due to work rate during the game as well as an inevitable lack of fitness. Great first half by Humphrey more than made up for the second (where United watched him a bit more perhaps?) and Commons' stray passes were more than made up for by his touches of class.

It feels like it's all coming together and McGinns introduction just topped it off. Wait until Fyvie returns :-D

cad
07-01-2017, 08:20 AM
Sorry that is nonsense. About half the teams in the league above are as poor as Utd

I do agree however that Boyle had a frustrating night

We shall see Tyler my friend :wink:

JimboHibs
07-01-2017, 08:35 AM

Dylan was outstanding,great performance .....only small concern would marginally be our distribution from the back too many times was it punted straight back up the park by Laidlaw that's where we miss Fraser he's always looking to collect the ball from the back,but that'll improve and I reckon we can still and will get better.

makaveli1875
07-01-2017, 08:42 AM
laidlaw - 8 . didnt have to much to do but what he did , he did it very well

gray - 8 . worked his socks off , was solid at the back and inked up well with humphrey
mcgregor - 8 . uniteds forwards are a handful but didnt trouble mcgregor he was immense in the air and in the tackle
hanlon - 8 see above
stevenson - 7 . great at the back and linked well with boyle . 1 of his best games this season

humphrey - 9.5 best debut iv seen at ER since wee zemmama , a good shout for MOTM if it wasnt for bartleys perfomance
mcgeouch - 9.5 great game from dylan , his touch and passing were outstanding , drove the team on well and was at the heart of all our best play
bartley - 10 . on a day when the whole team were outstanding , big marv just stood out that little bit more , he was everywhere , didnt give andreu a sniff all night - and andreu is a class act
boyle - 9 . was turning united inside out down that left flank all night , just a bit wasteful in the final 3rd

commons - 7 suffering from flu but still showed his class with a few nice touches and passes
cummings - 9.5 . another contender for MOM , took his goals well . was taking the ball with his back to goal , laying balls off and linking play up . worrkrate much better . probably 1 of his best games for us . hope he keeps it up

super john mcginn - 8 . glad to see him back , took his goal well . if he can add more goals to his game were gonna have 1 hell of a player on our hands

Lennon - 10 . this was our biggest game of the season so far , in terms of importance and attendance . we had to send a message and we did just that , team selection and tactics were spot on . his substitutiions were spot on

the fans - 11 , great turnout considering it was a friday night and on TV . Atmosphere was great , best of the season . united brought a good support with them too

WS Hibs
07-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Only going off what I saw on Alba...

Laidlaw: 9, solid with his kicking all night and made an important save at 2-0.

Gray: 7, looks a better player when he's tasked with just defending, although at times in the second half he looked tired.
Hanlon: 8, Didn't really put a foot wrong, rock solid.
McGregor: 9, He never gives the ball away.
Stevenson: 9, One of his best games in a Hibs shirt for some time, again (like Gray) he's better when he's not getting forward and crossing.

McGeouch: 8, Solid in midfield, but sometimes lacking the final product.
Bartley: 10, Man of the match and rightly so. Didn't give United a moment's peace.

Humphrey: 8, Great on his debut, that touch for the second goal was stunning. Faded away in the second half but he'd done enough already.
Commons: 6, Felt he didn't offer too much but didn't need to I suppose.
Boyle: 8, If he'd had an end product then it would've been 10 for him. Ran at the United defence all night and terrified their right back.

Cummings: 9, Did very little off the ball and yet scored twice. If that's all he ever gives Hibs every game I'll be delighted with him.

Super John McGinn: 9, What a player, so glad he's back. Great goal.

Lennon: 10, Been critical of him at times, but fair play to the man, he got everything spot on.

The Spaceman
07-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Laidlaw..........7

Stevenson......8
McGregor.......7
Hanlon..........7
Gray.............8.5 (his header in the second half couple of yards from goal sandwiched between two onrushing big Utd players...exceptional).

Humphrey....8.5
McGeoch......8
Bartley.........10
Boyle...........8.5
Commons.....7

Cummings....8.5

McGinn.........9

07-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Laidlaw - Not a great deal to do, rarely troubled but what a brilliant save in the second half!

Gray - 8 solid

Mcgregor - 8 solid

Hanlon - 8 solid

Stevenson - 8 Brilliant running from him again, gives 100% every single time.

Bartley - 10 Got involved in just about everything. Took some big hits but was absolutely solid. Best game i've seen from him.

Mcgeouch -8 Good game, linked the play well and made some very good passes

Humphrey - 9 Looks a very good signing, bags of pace, not afraid to take players on. Brilliant first half in particular.

Commons - 7 Quieter game but never did anything wrong, still contributed very well

Boyle - 8 Bags of pace that he troubled their defence with all night, just wish he could finish!

Cummings -10 Did what he's there to do, score goal

Mcginn -9 Absolutely electric when he came on, fast, tricky and what a goal!

Overall a brilliant performance from everyone :thumbsup: Thats more like it hibs, play like that every week and the title is in the bag!