PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United...

Northernhibee
06-01-2017, 09:43 PM
They're going to drop plenty of points unless they sign well in this window. We need to show consistency now and take the 4pts and turn it into 6 or 7 points, then ten and more. These next two months could win us the league if United don't improve.

Also full credit to Neil Lennon - I'd said if he had failed to get at least four points in the last two games we might need to roll the dice on a new manager as four seasons in this league is unthinkable. Fair play- that's two victories, a great signing and promise that we're improving. Well done to the man who found himself under some pressure.

CalgaryHibs
06-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Ditto

BullsCloseHibs
06-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Thought they looked terrible this evening. Not complaining however 😊

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
06-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Crap.

Giruy resident arab 😂

Tobias Funke
06-01-2017, 09:50 PM
We are far better than them. If we can start putting the smaller sides away more clinically we will be fine.

cleanyman
06-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Well done Neil Lennon

Two massive victories.

Now lets get the skoosh back on

hibee_girl
06-01-2017, 09:55 PM
They never troubled us, thought they looked really disjointed at times.

Pretty Boy
06-01-2017, 10:01 PM
They looked a bit like Hibs when we have had a bad day in recent years.

Very pedestrian with minimal movement. Add to that they don't have much up top and their defenders look like they were plucked from the Sunday leagues and you would hope we'd start to pull away now.

The lack of effort for anyone to react to the short corner and then close down McGinn after he received the ball at the 3rd goal hinted at a mentality issue as well.

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2017, 10:02 PM
I don't think they reacted well to that Dumbarton defeat. They looked a little nervous and overawed today.

RamblingJack
06-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Who cares about Dundee United?

Northernhibee
06-01-2017, 10:08 PM
They're only ten ahead of Morton who have two games in hand. If they win both of those they'll have to look back over their shoulder as well.

dp00
06-01-2017, 10:19 PM
They were terrible, I thought they would be much better than there were . Never really troubled us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hfc rd
06-01-2017, 10:21 PM
They are s****

Really poor and if that's our closest challengers to the title, then it'll be horrendous to lose top spot to them. We should start building up a big winning run to get this title wrapped up. Dundee United are nothing special and looked very similar to the rest of the gash in this division.

heretoday
06-01-2017, 10:25 PM
The sub Obadeyi was the only guy who posed a threat. Forced the save from Laidlaw.

Unseen work
06-01-2017, 10:27 PM
We should rub salt in the wound and try nick one or two if there players this window.

California-Hibs
06-01-2017, 10:28 PM
I did say there is a huge difference in quality between the teams. Once again - the league is ours and in the end will be by 10+

Bobby's Cinema
06-01-2017, 10:28 PM
As comfortable a win as we have seen, or will see all season

Nicho87
06-01-2017, 10:30 PM
They really second? Hopeless.

Ozyhibby
06-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Mckinnon said on the radio he only expects to bring in one more player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 10:34 PM
We should rub salt in the wound and try nick one or two if there players this window.

I wouldn't take any that were playing tonight. Who do you think would improve us?

hfc rd
06-01-2017, 10:35 PM

Would only take Simon Murray from them. The rest wouldn't make our bench after that performance tonight.

06-01-2017, 10:36 PM
The game at tannadice last month was close but tonight we were miles ahead of them. They perked up a wee bit at the start of the second half but fell out it again. Created very little.

heid the baw
06-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Hibs have better players in every position. If we can put a good run together and start putting teams away early on in matches, then it should be all good.
Tony Andreu is their best player and Hibs defence made sure they snuffed him out early on. Once they were 2 goals up, United had to go for it. After that he got no decent service from his midfield and was ineffective.

Salt N Sauzee
06-01-2017, 10:37 PM
They were and are absolutely pish. Fully expect us to pull away and extend our lead now.

As predicted of course :wink:

Off the bar
06-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Hard to believe that was a team who'd only conceded 3 goals in their last 10 games, they could have shipped 5 tonight

Unseen work
06-01-2017, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't take any that were playing tonight. Who do you think would improve us?

I think Simon Murray would be a good signing and we were linked with him in the summer.

Got a bit of pace and trickery.

Thecat23
06-01-2017, 10:41 PM
I've said from the start of the season they are utter *****. In the games against us they got lucky. Pish players bar a couple and will drop more points than us that's for sure.

hibbydog
06-01-2017, 10:42 PM
They are worse than sh@te. Can't believe they're only 4 points behind. Tonight's result should be the turning point we need to pull well clear

Thecat23
06-01-2017, 10:42 PM
They are s****

Really poor and if that's our closest challengers to the title, then it'll be horrendous to lose top spot to them. We should start building up a big winning run to get this title wrapped up. Dundee United are nothing special and looked very similar to the rest of the gash in this division.

Couldn't agree more.

emerald green
06-01-2017, 10:45 PM
3 0 flattered the Arabs tonight. Tony Andreu is a good player surrounded by mediocrity.

BoomtownHibees
06-01-2017, 10:45 PM
I think Simon Murray would be a good signing and we were linked with him in the summer.

Got a bit of pace and trickery.

He can't even get in their team

Jack
06-01-2017, 10:46 PM
They're going to drop plenty of points unless they sign well in this window. We need to show consistency now and take the 4pts and turn it into 6 or 7 points, then ten and more. These next two months could win us the league if United don't improve.

Also full credit to Neil Lennon - I'd said if he had failed to get at least four points in the last two games we might need to roll the dice on a new manager as four seasons in this league is unthinkable. Fair play- that's two victories, a great signing and promise that we're improving. Well done to the man who found himself under some pressure.

We're so much better than them, at the moment, but they're much better than other clubs in this league.

They'll not drop many points but hopefully they will continue to drop more points than us.

Libby Hibby
06-01-2017, 10:47 PM
Honking tonight

PompeyHibs
06-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Hibs are a better team than united

Lets hope Commons loan deal is extended

We can only get better as Commons, Humphreys and McGinn will keep getting better with games.
Still have a few injured guys to come back aswell

🍻🍻🍻

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2017, 10:55 PM
We're so much better than them, at the moment, but they're much better than other clubs in this league.

They'll not drop many points but hopefully they will continue to drop more points than us.

Basically this. Only our own ineptness stands between us and the flag.

Jonnyboy
06-01-2017, 10:58 PM
So they're not the Barcelonaesque team some were suggesting they were? :wink:

B.H.F.C
06-01-2017, 11:03 PM
They stole 4 points off us earlier this season.

They went under the radar until a few weeks ago. As soon as they came under a bit pressure they've s*** themselves and been found out.

Andy74
06-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Not sure I'm following all this. They were clearly better in all ways about a week ago!

☺️

Thecat23
06-01-2017, 11:09 PM
Not sure I'm following all this. They were clearly better in all ways about a week ago!

☺️

I know, surely they must have been missing Messi and such tonight 😁

jacomo
06-01-2017, 11:13 PM
Think Marv's motm and their performance had something to do with each other, no?

And our back 4 looked great. We just didn't let them play.

CMurdoch
06-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Hibs are an infinately better team especially as depth of squad goes.
Only Hibs mega inability to score in the first game at Easter Road allowed them to take a point

Our late winner on Saturday, their consequent loss to Dumbarton and kicking tonight has now finished their chances of getting near Hibs.

They will get to the play off final and probably lose before getting promoted as Champions next season.

They have no depth of squad at the moment.
Cammy Bell, Toni Andrieu and Simon Murray are decent players but there is no budget for more quality.

Presume Murray was missing tonight through injury or suspension

Blair Spittal seems to have dropped off and along with big Obadeyi was on the bench.

Like all teams that have come to Easter Road this season they don't carry a threat other than from set pieces.

Sammy7nil
06-01-2017, 11:32 PM
Hibs are an infinately better team especially as depth of squad goes.
Only Hibs mega inability to score in the first game at Easter Road allowed them to take a point

Our late winner on Saturday, their consequent loss to Dumbarton and kicking tonight has now finished their chances of getting near Hibs.

They will get to the play off final and probably lose before getting promoted as Champions next season.

They have no depth of squad at the moment.
Cammy Bell, Toni Andrieu and Simon Murray are decent players but there is no budget for more quality.

Presume Murray was missing tonight through injury or suspension

Blair Spittal seems to have dropped off and along with big Obadeyi was on the bench.

Like all teams that have come to Easter Road this season they don't carry a threat other than from set pieces.

I would not bet them to come this or next season very average and next year they will be worse.

lyonhibs
06-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Were absolute dog dirt tonight.

Big L
06-01-2017, 11:37 PM

The lad Fraser is excellent, he will go for big money, and of course Murray. Take the two of them in a heart beat

Sir David Gray
06-01-2017, 11:40 PM
I said after the defeat at Tannadice that I was as confident as ever about going up after losing that night. I was unimpressed with Dundee Utd that night and although we were also poor, we were also without Fyvie, McGinn and Keatings and obviously hadn't signed Commons or Humphrey by that point.

After witnessing that tonight and considering that our BENCH consisted of McGinn, Shinnie, Keatings, Holt, Graham and Fontaine (all of whom would be first team regulars in any other Championship squad) and we've still to get Fyvie and Marciano back from injury, I honestly can't see past us for the title.

Seeing how poor we made Dundee Utd look tonight, I would be devastated if they beat us to promotion.

GreenPJ
06-01-2017, 11:52 PM
The lad Fraser is excellent, he will go for big money, and of course Murray. Take the two of them in a heart beat

:agree: Fraser would be a great signing.

Hibee Mac
07-01-2017, 12:03 AM
Hibs at full strength are far and away a better team head to head.

They are clearly a team build solely to win games against the smaller teams like they have done up till last week. That's their only chance at challenging and its a tough ask for them to keep it up.

I'm comfortable after today that if we can perform against your raiths/Ayr's of this league then we'll go up.

West lower
07-01-2017, 12:07 AM

Out of curiosity, who would you drop in our team to accommodate him. I think he looks average in a really poor side. He would warm our bench at best when all our players are fit.

GreenPJ
07-01-2017, 12:16 AM
Out of curiosity, who would you drop in our team to accommodate him. I think he looks average in a really poor side. He would warm our bench at best when all our players are fit.

I dont think commons, shinnie and potentially mcginn will be with us next season. Still question marks about Dylan being able to play for 30 games a season. I think we will be looking for midfielders as well as cover.

CentreLine
07-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Given the way they play I think their crime count will have a big influence on their end of season matches. If they would stick to what they are good at rather than the physical stuff they would be a better team imho

HibbySpurs
07-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Thought they were very poor tonight, they froze totally for the first 20 & couldn't live with us at any point.

Good header to clear from SDG in the first half and save from Laidlaw in the second are the only two real chances I can recall them creating.

They spent the game chasing shadows mostly. Best performance by Hibs of the season IMO and the great thing about it is the team stood up and did it under pressure in front of a big crowd.

Confident now that we'll go on from here and win this league

sbell1875
07-01-2017, 12:50 AM
They created one chance the entire game, other than that they were very poor.

How they've taken 4 points off us this season is beyond me because we've outplayed them in all 3 games.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 01:23 AM
Hibs are a better team than united

Lets hope Commons loan deal is extended

We can only get better as Commons, Humphreys and McGinn will keep getting better with games.
Still have a few injured guys to come back aswell

🍻🍻🍻
lets not get too carried away just yet. It was only a week ago that doomsday was nigh.........

Tyler Durden
07-01-2017, 01:37 AM

No better than Stanton for me. Many goals has he scored this season? It's not that tough to keep the ball without ever doing anything meaningful

As for those talking about Murray, must be joking. Keatings in 10 times the player and he can't get a game for Hibs

Tyler Durden
07-01-2017, 01:42 AM

☺️

No.

I think people pointed out that a few weeks back, even with Hibs top, Utd had performed better against expectations, budgets etc this season.

If you'd told me in August Hibs would be 4 points clear on January 6th I wouldn't be impressed. Doesn't mean I'm not confident we'll go on to skoosh it now

Pete
07-01-2017, 01:49 AM
When the teams lined up before kick off I looked at United who were almost standing stock still. They looked organised and determined and I thought that we would be in for a real game.
More the fool me for thinking that because when the match started they looked nervous, jittery and it's almost as if the pressure of the occasion got to them.
Even when they did relax a bit and their midfielders started to put their foot on the ball they constantly ran into brick walls and eventually got frustrated.

In short, they bottled it tonight and McKinnon has a test of his managerial skills on his hands. He'll pick them up and get them going again but we have to render that irrelevant by continuing on our path.

vuefrom1875
07-01-2017, 01:51 AM
They were and are absolutely pish. Fully expect us to pull away and extend our lead now.

As predicted of course :wink:

According to one red top rag today... This was a game between two Massive clubs!?!? Utter sh#te.... Dear oh dear.

07-01-2017, 02:27 AM
Can't take anything away from Lennon and the team tonight. They got the game plan spot on and Dun Utd were not at the races.
In fact a Utd mate I met for a beer after the games view was that their best hope was the payoffs.

Think the Cabbage have a well earned weekend off for probably the best 90 mins I've seen this season.

Hi Heid Yin
07-01-2017, 02:56 AM

I on the other hand would take one of their lot. Their number 14 - the big defender, was immense for them. I had fellow Hibbies around me agreeing that he was having a great game. Though, with the form of Hanlon and McGregor, I'm not sure he would instantly displace either, but for sure, he would be a great addition to our squad - on the proviso that he performs like this regularly.

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 03:07 AM
Showed tonight that we are by the best team and strongest squad in that division. What we now have to prove is that we're the most consistent.

I'd really like to see us make a statement at Dumbarton next week. Dundee United lost there and we've occasionally struggled over the last couple of seasons against them. Let's really do the business and let United have a nervy one at home to QOS coming off two defeats and poor performances.

green day
07-01-2017, 04:42 AM
Anyone else see all the stuff being thrown on the pitch by Utd fans?

At the corner for Cummings 1st, a lighter was thrown at Commons, then when Cummings ran to the West after scoring his 2nd there was a whole load of stuff thrown again.

Buggered if I know why we pay for plod inside the stadium, they seem to do nowt.

poolman
07-01-2017, 05:23 AM
Showed tonight that we are by the best team and strongest squad in that division. What we now have to prove is that we're the most consistent.

I'd really like to see us make a statement at Dumbarton next week. Dundee United lost there and we've occasionally struggled over the last couple of seasons against them. Let's really do the business and let United have a nervy one at home to QOS coming off two defeats and poor performances.

Have to agree DBS, a convincing win next week, and I can't see why not, and I think we're setting a real marker

lucky
07-01-2017, 07:01 AM
United were poor and created very little. But let's not get too carried away. Big test next week for us at Dumbarton. We were 7 points in front of them at one point. So we can't take nothing for granted

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2017, 09:12 AM
I on the other hand would take one of their lot. Their number 14 - the big defender, was immense for them. I had fellow Hibbies around me agreeing that he was having a great game.

You're kidding on eh?

Their whole defence had a shocker

Dundee Hibee
07-01-2017, 10:44 AM
I work in Dundee and my Arab buddies were shocked by that performance and the team selection, the only players that I would want for us would be the keeper and Murray, the big guy at the back they call the Edge is supposed to be the real deal but I'm not convinced.

Keith_M
07-01-2017, 10:52 AM
Anyone else see all the stuff being thrown on the pitch by Utd fans?

At the corner for Cummings 1st, a lighter was thrown at Commons, then when Cummings ran to the West after scoring his 2nd there was a whole load of stuff thrown again.

Buggered if I know why we pay for plod inside the stadium, they seem to do nowt.

Hearts Fan(nie)s

Onion
07-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Hard to believe that was a team who'd only conceded 3 goals in their last 10 games, they could have shipped 5 tonight

That's because they were up against a decent team with pace on both wings, and a striker with an eye for goal. Most of the teams in the Championship are no better than solid well organised defence units whose aim is to survive as long as possible without conceding.