PDA

View Full Version : Mr Lennon

21sMay
06-01-2017, 08:40 PM
He has had a lot of critics in the support so far so I think it's only fair he takes a lot of credit from tonight's win , he had seen that we needed width and pace , went and brought in humphreys who has been brilliant in the first half tonight , brought in Bartley also who was our man if the match in my opinion . Jason cumming looked a lot hungrier and fitter tonight and I think this has to do with Lennon leaving him out the starting 11 for a while , well done Lennon

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Well said

Massive credit to Lennon tonight. Took a gamble by changing a winning formation and line up but it worked perfectly. A game we dominated from start to finish. Totally annihilated United tonight

The hysterics regarding our manager needs to stop. Some will never take to him and are within their rights I suppose but he's got us top of the league and 4 points ahead.

The last 3 games were massive in the context of our season and we took 7 points (realistically should have been 9 - we were robbed against Raith)

oldbutdim
06-01-2017, 10:33 PM
I'm not his number one fan, but I've moved up the ladder a bit.

lucky
06-01-2017, 10:34 PM
I don't think he took a gamble. He used his experience and knowledge to outfox and outwit the united manager

Ozyhibby
06-01-2017, 10:36 PM
Lennon is showing that he can see what we need to win this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrekko
06-01-2017, 10:36 PM
Kept his head when people who thought they knew better than him were losing theirs.

He's a good manager- and is proving it.

Heisenberg
06-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Credit where it's due. Signed a player we needed before the window even opened. Played the right formation and the players were clearly motivated to win for him. Delighted with where we sit now, he's certainly pulled it out the bag the last two games.

Lang Toun Hibs
06-01-2017, 10:40 PM
I'm delighted - if we perform like that week in week out, no one will cope with us.

I always think the true test of a manager is to turn things around when the going gets tough. I think Lennon has been able to do that after a bit of a sticky period. 6 points from last two tough games is a great return, and a return to real form tonight. Time for McKinnon to try and do the same, hope it takes him a while!

Eyrie
06-01-2017, 10:42 PM
The change in tactics was welcome given that it delivered what we been asking for on here for two and a half years.

Possibly he hasn't felt able to do so before now due to the personnel available, but he will get us promoted with that width and tempo.

givescotlandfreedom
06-01-2017, 10:44 PM
On the money tonight, that was an excellent performance. Well done NL and staff.

Hibee Mac
06-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Credit where credit is due. Set-up and player choice was absolutely spot on today. Seems as though he has recruited well during January so far also.

4 points clear and a massive goal difference things are looking very rosy compared to just a few weeks back!

Topographic Hibby
06-01-2017, 10:46 PM
I'm not his number one fan, but I've moved up the ladder a bit.

+1

Slavers
06-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Showing his worth to Hibs as a manager and tonight we performed when it mattered!

The performance had it all. Skill, desire, great goals and a convincing win which should have been 5-0 from the chances we created.

I think Lennon has shown he can work with a squad and change it around with success. Now it looks like he handled the Cummings situation perfectly. Tonight it was great to see pace and dangerous intent from both wings.

Lennon could build something here at Hibs. look at what he is starting with a Scottish Cup Winning side, selling out a 20,000 capacity stadium with no Hearts derby or Glasgow teams involved. Is this the moment we have been waiting for, Is this where Hibs fufill their huge potential?

With Lennon in charge i think it could be.

Canon Hannan
06-01-2017, 11:10 PM
Lenny is a brilliant manager. Happy he is getting the plaudits he deserves at last! Hope we can keep him.

wookie70
06-01-2017, 11:15 PM
I don't think the first half of the season was as good as it should have been particularly after the start we had. He has been a bit unlucky with injuries and has looked like he was rolling the dice on occasions to see what his best team is. I thought his interview after the game was very good. He said they had been in two minds about Humphrey starting and also whether to start JC as he was worried about his ability to play up front on his own. He does deserve credit for bouncing back though and the last two games have been crucial. Humphrey and Commons both look like they could be decent signings but you have to wonder why he left it to half way through the season to sign a pacy winger. He could have phoned any season ticket holder up and been told we were crying out for pace in wide areas.

All in all we are where we should be with our resources. He is doing the job he is paid to do and has done very well in the last few weeks. He said he took a gamble on team selections tonight and there is no doubt the roll of the dice worked. I was pretty neutral about him joining us and he is winning me over very slowly. I like the way he talks after games and he looks like he has worked out that pace out wide is crucial in this league. That took too long but it will hopefully be in time.

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Lenny is a brilliant manager. Happy he is getting the plaudits he deserves at last! Hope we can keep him.

Absolutely agree.

My gut feeling is that he loves it here and will relish pushing for and competing in Europe once we're up.

I think he'll be here for 4 or 5 years.

HibbySpurs
06-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Confidence in yourself is a great asset & I think NL had never doubted for a second he has the skills required to get a team out on the park that will win automatic promotion this season.

His man management of Cummings now looks to be paying dividends and his signings are starting to make a difference as well.

Commons is a no brainer as a quality signing who even with a cold tonight looked a cut above with his vision and awareness. Holy has been a bit hit and miss but I like the big guy and he always looks to be working hard although at times I think he's lacked a bit of service. Shinnie is a quality player as well. As for Humphrey well on tonight's debut he could be a major player, two debut assists is not to be sneezed at.

Tactics wise he showed again tonight he's not afraid to mix it up and adapt to what a particular game requires.

He also speaks well but isn't afraid to say it like it is either.

His stock rose again dramatically tonight as far as I'm concerned.

wookie70
06-01-2017, 11:57 PM
His man management of Cummings now looks to be paying dividends and his signings are starting to make a difference as well.

Cummings is scoring less regularly, albeit only 10 minutes playing time per goal more, than he was before he was dropped and that is after a brace tonight. Not sure how that is paying dividends but at least it looks like his man management hasn't done any harm. Lennon is due credit for the last couple of results and for getting us 4 points clear but not sure how much credit he should get for dropping Jason.

Deansy
06-01-2017, 11:57 PM
I'm delighted - if we perform like that week in week out, no one will cope with us.

I always think the true test of a manager is to turn things around when the going gets tough. I think Lennon has been able to do that after a bit of a sticky period. 6 points from last two tough games is a great return, and a return to real form tonight. Time for McKinnon to try and do the same, hope it takes him a while!

Totally agree - by far THE best performance I've seen from a hibs-team in a long, long time !!

Only complaint - WHY don't they play like that EVERY game ?. If they had - from the start of the season - those that went on and on about 'Skooshing the league', at the start of the season, would've been justified !

WhileTheChief..
07-01-2017, 12:08 AM
Sportsound podcast from tonight. Lennon post match interview from 14 mins.

If anyone still has doubts that he is the best man for the job then just listen to him.

He gets it. Plain and simple.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04nmsq8#play

Hi Heid Yin
07-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Tonight, for me, was a defining moment for Lennon as Hibs manager. He got everything absolutely spot on and in the process, I'm sure, gotten a few more of his doubters and critics onboard.

Baldy Foghorn
07-01-2017, 12:21 AM
Tonight, for me, was a defining moment for Lennon as Hibs manager. He got everything absolutely spot on and in the process, I'm sure, gotten a few more of his doubters and critics onboard.

:agree::agree::top marks

Nakedmanoncrack
07-01-2017, 12:38 AM
Lennon was brave - and positive in his selection last night - and was suitably rewarded. More of the same until season end will deliver what we all desire.

vuefrom1875
07-01-2017, 12:52 AM
He has had a lot of critics in the support so far so I think it's only fair he takes a lot of credit from tonight's win , he had seen that we needed width and pace , went and brought in humphreys who has been brilliant in the first half tonight , brought in Bartley also who was our man if the match in my opinion . Jason cumming looked a lot hungrier and fitter tonight and I think this has to do with Lennon leaving him out the starting 11 for a while , well done Lennon

Well said.

California-Hibs
07-01-2017, 12:53 AM
Sportsound podcast from tonight. Lennon post match interview from 14 mins.

If anyone still has doubts that he is the best man for the job then just listen to him.

He gets it. Plain and simple.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04nmsq8#play

Thanks for sharing that, it was a good listen. Tom English is a pretty good listen too and usually talks sense and highly of Hibs also.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 12:54 AM
What is it that makes you keep posting how brilliant he is? Please expand

vuefrom1875
07-01-2017, 12:56 AM
Absolutely agree.

My gut feeling is that he loves it here and will relish pushing for and competing in Europe once we're up.

Your right he loves it here.. Weggie free!!

Pete
07-01-2017, 12:57 AM

:agree:

All those who say that he isn't interested, doesn't want to be here, has lost the dressing room blah blah...Did you see his reaction when Jase (a player who he's mismanaged, doesnt get on with etc...) was walking off the pitch?

vuefrom1875
07-01-2017, 12:58 AM
Cummings is scoring less regularly, albeit only 10 minutes playing time per goal more, than he was before he was dropped and that is after a brace tonight. Not sure how that is paying dividends but at least it looks like his man management hasn't done any harm. Lennon is due credit for the last couple of results and for getting us 4 points clear but not sure how much credit he should get for dropping Jason.

Steady!

Johnny Clash
07-01-2017, 01:01 AM
The look on Neil Lennon's face at full time was of pure delight. I agree with previous posters who say he's connecting into the Hibs vibe. He also seems to have the respect and faith of the squad. Long may it continue!

147lothian
07-01-2017, 12:03 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gifWell said!

One Day Soon
07-01-2017, 12:16 PM
Absolutely agree.

If that turns out to be true we should be strapping ourselves in for one of the most purple patches in our club's history.

I've been waiting 35 years as a Hibs fan for the football planets to align themselves for us. This has always been the kind of club that would be capable of achieving well beyond resources and expectations if we got the culture right, had a long term experienced management team in place that wants to build a legacy (and not just a three year team) and if the fans could be brought back in maximum numbers.

If Neil Lennon gets us promoted, following on the back of that unique and historic Scottish Cup win, and if he then falls in love with the club as a project longer term then I genuinely believe we could see a Hibernian that we have all imagined in our dreams but rarely seen.

I'm talking winning the cup again, European football most years and challenging strongly at the top of the Premier League. I haven't been drinking by the way.

One final thing, I think we should leave the 'Mr' Lennon stuff to forelock tugging Yams. Neil Lennon is just fine for me.

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 12:17 PM
We will win this League and it will all be down to the personnel adjustments and tactics deployed by Neil Lennon. I'm not making him out to be some genius of management - we've been saying what has been needed for some time. (Width and pace and scoring midfield). But there is seeing it and executing it. I'm convinced he knows what it takes to get us up and is putting the game plan into operation.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2017, 12:19 PM
Lets be perfectly honest here, we've underperformed all season. The team has stuttered and started with little excitement bar the odd moment, and Dundee Utd have more than matched us until yesterday.

Its a fantastic win with a formation we've all been crying out for for years, and a real marker to the others.

But we need to do what we did yesterday much more, and if we do then Neil Lennon will be classed as a great manager, not before.

Rougier45
07-01-2017, 12:24 PM
We will win this League and it will all be down to the personnel adjustments and tactics deployed by Neil Lennon. I'm not making him out to be some genius of management - we've been saying what has been needed for some time. (Width and pace and scoring midfield). But there is seeing it and executing it. I'm convinced he knows what it takes to get us up and is putting the game plan into operation.

Nobody posts more sense than our own Dashing bob S

Onion
07-01-2017, 12:24 PM
The look on Neil Lennon's face at full time was of pure delight. I agree with previous posters who say he's connecting into the Hibs vibe. He also seems to have the respect and faith of the squad. Long may it continue!

Spot on. One things we've not seen at Hibs this campaign is a lack of motivation. Now that we've got JMcG back, Humphrey, Commons and others coming back we've got tremendous competition for places which should keep everyone sharp.

Last night was a good night for Lennon where his tactics worked a treat, although it's a bit odd that he's quoted as being surprised at how good Hibs were. Now let's see if he can mix it up and find winning formations against stuffy sides who park the bus, as that will be the key to winning the title.

Canon Hannan
07-01-2017, 03:13 PM

Just read every other post on here. Why do you dislike him?

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Just read every other post on here. Why do you dislike him?
I keep an open mind. Where did I say I didn't like him?
You seem determined to convince people you are right and its not up for discussion. Are you related to him perhaps?

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2017, 03:57 PM
I keep an open mind. Where did I say I didn't like him?
You seem determined to convince people you are right and its not up for discussion. Are you related to him perhaps?

Exactly, apart from one or two who have been straight and said they did not want him, most have said he's not delivered nearly good enough apart from last night and in Bronby.

Yet it appears his record at Hibs before yesterday makes him a great manager. He may have done well for the smellies, but to be perfectly honest i dont give a toss.

Its what he does for Hibs that bother me, and to be perfectly frank, its been very very average to date last night excepted.

He might go on and be a great Hibs manager, we all want that even those who never wanted him in the first place i'd guess.

He will have to prove it with results at Hibs for me, i wont be just saying it for sayings sake.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Exactly, apart from one or two who have been straight and said they did not want him, most have said he's not delivered nearly good enough apart from last night and in Bronby.

Yet it appears his record at Hibs before yesterday makes him a great manager. He may have done well for the smellies, but to be perfectly honest i dont give a toss.

Its what he does for Hibs that bother me, and to be perfectly frank, its been very very average to date last night excepted.

He might go on and be a great Hibs manager, we all want that even those who never wanted him in the first place i'd guess.

He will have to prove it with results at Hibs for me, i wont be just saying it for sayings sake.
Agreed. He has the potential to go on and be a great manager but his record so far has been far from convincing. Last night was a big first step in the right direction.

Dashing Bob S
Nobody posts more sense than our own Dashing bob S

Very generous of you to say so, but even I had to spit out some tea at that one. :faf:

Nonetheless I'm going to show the wife your post right now followed by by a smug 'see?'

Canon Hannan
To Houston We Have a problem Hibee - We are privileged to have a manager of such high calibre. I am not trying to convince anyone thank you. I hope your open mind accepts his abilities? He is also a gentleman and great man. I have personal experience and reasons why I respect him that I cannot divulge 🙏😎👍

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 04:05 PM
We are privileged to have a manager of such high calibre. I am not trying to convince anyone thank you. I hope your open mind accepts his abilities? He is also a gentleman and great man. I have personal experience and reasons why I respect him that I cannot divulge 🙏😎👍
so just keep your views to yourself then if you can't divulge instead of trying to indoctrinate everyone with unsupported statements

make objective comments not subjective ones

Jones28
07-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Delighted NL has managed to start to win over the doubters.

Canon Hannan
07-01-2017, 04:13 PM
so just keep your views to yourself then if you can't divulge instead of trying to indoctrinate everyone with unsupported statements

make objective comments not subjective ones

It's a forum!
Opinions!!!
You obviously don't like him and are trolling me.

marleyhib
07-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Fine margins in football, if Commons hadn't scored late on last week Lennon would have got hammered for taking off Cummings and he knows it.

We've been pretty rubbish to watch all season, tonight was much better and I'm encouraged with Humphrey's performance.

I like Lennon, he's struggled while SJM and Fyvie have been out. Tonight he addedmuch needed width and Shinnie was rightly dropped.

3pts at Dumbarton next week please Neil.

Betty Boop
07-01-2017, 04:44 PM
To Houston We Have a problem Hibee - We are privileged to have a manager of such high calibre. I am not trying to convince anyone thank you. I hope your open mind accepts his abilities? He is also a gentleman and great man. I have personal experience and reasons why I respect him that I cannot divulge 🙏😎👍
Privileged ? Aye nae bother. Its him who should feel privileged that Hibs took him on, after all he wanted to go back to the lesser greens when Delilah got punted.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 04:48 PM
It's a forum!
Opinions!!!
sounds like your Lennon fan first and a hibs fan second. Or a celtic fan more like.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2017, 04:55 PM

I just have the football that's been on offer and the results.

Canon Hannan
07-01-2017, 05:06 PM
sounds like your Lennon fan first and a hibs fan second. Or a celtic fan more like.

Loads of Celtic fans on here who like Lennon in your daft view. Must be tough for you that he is a good manager. I will look for your positivity and respect when we win the league? Or maybe you dislike Neil more than the Jambos and Hunz. Glad I don't live in your negative life.

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2017, 05:12 PM
It's a forum!
Opinions!!!

lol@ trolling, does that mean you are trolling as well....different opinions and all that

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Loads of Celtic fans on here who like Lennon in your daft view. Must be tough for you that he is a good manager. I will look for your positivity and respect when we win the league? Or maybe you dislike Neil more than the Jambos and Hunz. Glad I don't live in your negative life.

I like Lennon, it neither makes me a celtic fan or someone who rates him as a great manager yet, and i see you have downgraded him from great to good?

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 05:16 PM

so you are a celtic fan then......

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2017, 05:16 PM

i've only ever saw two sellick fans posting on here, who are the others :confused: i think your exaggerating :greengrin

emerald green
07-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Neil Lennon will be judged on his teams results. If he gets Hibs promoted, he will deserve all the plaudits that will be his due. If he doesn't, I hate to think what the reaction will be, but I can guess.

Neil is no different from most football managers. If any manager's team is winning he's hailed as some sort of messiah. If his team is losing he's branded as clueless, and much worse.

NL also carries the additional pressure of the weight of expectation that Hibs should win the Championship. Not just win it, but "skoosh" it according to some. That doesn't help I'd suggest.

Best of luck Neil. Rather you than me. Your team and tactics were spot on last night. You AND the players just need to keep up that level of performance, and keep putting the ball in the back of the net regularly week in week out. Do that, and you will win the Championship.

cam2644
07-01-2017, 05:22 PM
I think Neil Lennon has really matured and his calm confidence is spreading through the team and the support.
He has the skill,the experience and the contacts to make him a great manager at Easter Road and is well on the way to doing so.
He deserves our support -and patience when things sometimes don't click.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gifWell said!

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Neil Lennon will be judged on his teams results. If he gets Hibs promoted, he will deserve all the plaudits that will be his due. If he doesn't, I hate to think what the reaction will be, but I can guess.

Neil is no different from most football managers. If any manager's team is winning he's hailed as some sort of messiah. If his team is losing he's branded as clueless, and much worse.

NL also carries the additional pressure of the weight of expectation that Hibs should win the Championship. Not just win it, but "skoosh" it according to some. That doesn't help I'd suggest.

Best of luck Neil. Rather you than me. Your team and tactics were spot on last night. You AND the players just need to keep up that level of performance, and keep putting the ball in the back of the net regularly week in week out. Do that, and you will win the Championship.
Yet according to Canon Hanon he has decreed he is great and we also should regard him as great and its not for us to debate. Now why would he say that?

If he gets us up then every Hibs fan will say he is good. If he wins the league next year then he will be great. But not yet.....

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 05:28 PM
I think Neil Lennon has really matured and his calm confidence is spreading through the team and the support.
He has the skill,the experience and the contacts to make him a great manager at Easter Road and is well on the way to doing so.
He deserves our support -and patience when things sometimes don't click.
A thoughtful balanced and objective post!

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Yet according to Canon Hanon he has decreed he is great and we also should regard him as great and its not for us to debate. Now why would he say that?

If he gets us up then every Hibs fan will say he is good. If he wins the league next year then he will be great. But not yet.....

Exactly, when he does something great then that accolade will rightly be given. :agree:

greenlex
07-01-2017, 05:30 PM
i've only ever saw two sellick fans posting on here, who are the others :confused: i think your exaggerating :greengrin

I think he means if you're a Lennon fan you are branded a Celtic fan. So anyone who likes him on here is a Celtic fan rather than an actual Lesser Green.

147lothian
07-01-2017, 05:31 PM

Have you not noticed the pasting Neil Lennon was getting over the silly season, x-mas time? That is why myself and others supported him, its not because were Hibs fans second that's cods wallop

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Have you not noticed the pasting Neil Lennon was getting over the silly season, x-mas time? That is why myself and others supported him, its not because were Hibs fans second that's cods wallop
I have no reason to doubt you 147. CH on the other hand......

HFCdeb
07-01-2017, 05:37 PM
I've never really doubted that he's the man to take us up as champions. He speaks well, he seems to have all of the lads playing for him and his management of Jason Cummings was absolutely spot on. Jason now looks like a player who's playing for the team, not just for himself.

Lennon has recruited well and I know there's a lot, on this forum in particular, who don't rate the likes of Holt and Shinnie (which baffles me) but what he's done is added to an already very talented squad with players that will be able to see us over the line. Our bench last night would be the envy of every other Championship club and I dare say a fair few Premiership clubs, too.

Last night was a massive psychological win for Hibs in the title race. It wasn't a MUST win game but the team played like it was and dominated them all over the park. It was fantastic to watch as fans. More crucially, not only have we opened another gap between us and them, we've added another loss to their psyche. Two losses in a row can quickly become three then four and then a dangerous habit.

We've had key players out for a couple of very difficult months but we've lost very few games. We've dropped points but we've not been losing and THAT'S the mark of Champions, in my opinion. I also think that's because of Lennon's influence. Look at when we lost Fyvie last season and went on that horrific run. Lennon is in their heads and I'm pretty chuffed about that because he's a winner and he's hard as nails.

I've seen talk about how he seems "disinterested" and genuinely can't believe people have that perception of him. I see a passionate, respectful, intelligent and tough guy who really, really wants to take us up.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 05:41 PM
I've never really doubted that he's the man to take us up as champions. He speaks well, he seems to have all of the lads playing for him and his management of Jason Cummings was absolutely spot on. Jason now looks like a player who's playing for the team, not just for himself.

Lennon has recruited well and I know there's a lot, on this forum in particular, who don't rate the likes of Holt and Shinnie (which baffles me) but what he's done is added to an already very talented squad with players that will be able to see us over the line. Our bench last night would be the envy of every other Championship club and I dare say a fair few Premiership clubs, too.

Last night was a massive psychological win for Hibs in the title race. It wasn't a MUST win game but the team played like it was and dominated them all over the park. It was fantastic to watch as fans. More crucially, not only have we opened another gap between us and them, we've added another loss to their psyche. Two losses in a row can quickly become three then four and then a dangerous habit.

We've had key players out for a couple of very difficult months but we've lost very few games. We've dropped points but we've not been losing and THAT'S the mark of Champions, in my opinion. I also think that's because of Lennon's influence. Look at when we lost Fyvie last season and went on that horrific run. Lennon is in their heads and I'm pretty chuffed about that because he's a winner and he's hard as nails.

I've seen talk about how he seems "disinterested" and genuinely can't believe people have that perception of him. I see a passionate, respectful, intelligent and tough guy who really, really wants to take us up.

But in Hibs' fans eyes he is not the messiah yet.......as some would want us to believe

lord bunberry
07-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Can we stop calling people at the club Mr or Miss, it's very jamboish.

proud_and_green
07-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Last night's game was excellent and everything came together well. The team seemed to have the balance and a plan we have been looking for

The big test will be against the 'smaller' teams, we have often done well in the big games and then fallen on our archies in the easier games. Can the boys get themselves up for the smaller games, with smaller and quieter crowds. That's when Lenny needs to do the hard work.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 06:41 PM
Last night's game was excellent and everything came together well. The team seemed to have the balance and a plan we have been looking for

The big test will be against the 'smaller' teams, we have often done well in the big games and then fallen on our archies in the easier games. Can the boys get themselves up for the smaller games, with smaller and quieter crowds. That's when Lenny needs to do the hard work.
starting next week at Dumbarton............

Canon Hannan
07-01-2017, 06:48 PM
I have no reason to doubt you 147. CH on the other hand......

Houston - You have a problem. Did you enjoy being at the game and seeing our manager on the pitch at the end celebrating?
Anyway it's a shame you think Hibs fans who like Neil Lennon are Celtic fans. Must mean those who dislike him are Rangers fans in your weird world 😂 You are a strange creature fascinated with the Old Firm.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Houston - You have a problem. Did you enjoy being at the game and seeing our manager on the pitch at the end celebrating?
Anyway it's a shame you think Hibs fans who like Neil Lennon are Celtic fans. Must mean those who dislike him are Rangers fans in your weird world 😂 You are a strange creature fascinated with the Old Firm.

You dont half talk some pish, and i should know im an expert on it.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 07:11 PM
You dont half talk some pish, and i should know im an expert on it.
If you were a Hibs fan CH then like all the rest of us you would say its too early to pronounce Lennon a great manager. Now maybe he is in the eyes of some Celtic fans based on history but not yet at easter rd. Have you got it yet?

Since90+2
07-01-2017, 07:21 PM
Lennon so far has got us exactly where we should be nothing more nothing less. You could argue that he failed in the league cup as a home tie to QOTS is one we should expect to win.

So far I would say it's a solid 7/10 for Lennon. I suspect he will take us up which any manager worth their money should be able to achieve with the squad we have in this league.

lord bunberry
07-01-2017, 07:23 PM
I wonder if you would be so enthusiastic if Ally McCoist was the manager.

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 07:26 PM
I wonder if you would be so enthusiastic if Ally McCoist was the manager.
no, he has a "special" relationship with lennon that he cannot share he tells us. not that anyone's interested.......and doesn't make him a "great hibs manager"

lord bunberry
07-01-2017, 07:31 PM
no, he has a "special" relationship with lennon that he cannot share he tells us. not that anyone's interested.......and doesn't make him a "great hibs manager"

A special relationship with Celtic is my guess

pacoluna
07-01-2017, 07:33 PM

Why does he have to explain? I think he is a v good manager as well, I'm not going to bullet point all my reasons why though!

houstonhibbee
07-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Why does he have to explain? I think he is a v good manager as well, I'm not going to bullet point all my reasons why though!
because you don't go on here telling us ad nauseum.....

Super_JMcGinn
07-01-2017, 09:04 PM

He hasn't been a v good manager for us so far, not by a long shot.

Out in 2 cups at ER and only 4 points ahead of a v poor utd side.

Our squad is far superior to anything in that division and we should easily win this League.

He had us playing 352 most weeks against dross and had us set up more defensively than any other Hibs side I can remember, especially at home.

His handling of Jason was also very suspect imo, that didn't come across as good management skills to me especially as he was the one who seemingly persuaded him to stay.

If Fri night is a sign of things to come we can now hope to stretch away and secure promotion, playing some attacking high tempo football to boot.

If he is still around next season THEN will be the time to judge him against bigger teams and in the top League.

147lothian
07-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Considering Lennon started the campaign by losing Stokes and Henderson I think his half way report has to be pretty good, he has also identified how to break teams that pack their box down with his first real venture into the transfer market with the signings of Commons for skill and know how Humphrey to give us much needed width, this for me is a vital step in getting out of this second tier

007 Mickey Weir
07-01-2017, 09:27 PM
I thought he read the fans perfectly when bringing on SJM just as the game had hit a lull. Totally lifted the stadium and the team for one last push. Then get the third. Well done Neil

Northernhibee
07-01-2017, 09:38 PM
See if you'd told me we were facing a team with two experienced, reliable defenders like Hanlon and McGregor, midfielders like Commons, Bartley, McGinn, McGeouch and soon Fyvie and on top of that a forward line with the pace of Boyle and Humphrey and an incisive poacher like Cummings in the centre? I'd be ****ing terrified.

Canon Hannan
07-01-2017, 09:56 PM
I thought he read the fans perfectly when bringing on SJM just as the game had hit a lull. Totally lifted the stadium and the team for one last push. Then get the third. Well done Neil

Spot on 🙏

poolman
07-01-2017, 10:03 PM

Our squad is far superior to anything in that division and we should easily win this League.

He had us playing 352 most weeks against dross and had us set up more defensively than any other Hibs side I can remember, especially at home.

His handling of Jason was also very suspect imo, that didn't come across as good management skills to me especially as he was the one who seemingly persuaded him to stay.

If Fri night is a sign of things to come we can now hope to stretch away and secure promotion, playing some attacking high tempo football to boot.

If he is still around next season THEN will be the time to judge him against bigger teams and in the top League.

There's just not pleasing some people, but hey-ho top of the league by four points about half way thru the season.

As far as I remember this is the first time that's happened since we got relegated but don't let the facts get in your way 😑

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 11:15 PM
Never saw Lennon as a messiah but as a focused hard-nosed manager who would do what it takes to get us and keep us up. To be honest I don't see much beyond that. As far as both parties are concerned that will probably do it.

No, he won't leave here a legend in the same way Stubbs did, but I'm more confident he'll get us promoted and leave the club on a strong footing in the SPL. If he does that then we owe him a lot because another season in this league would be disasterous for Hibs. As it is, we've had a nice wee break and done something momentous in the club's history in the process. But we need to get out of here now and continue to realise our potential. Stubbs and Lennon in their own way, will be great building blocks to this.

However this is still conjecture at this stage. Everything to play for. But Lennon has taken the correct action in personnel to give us confidence to go up. I'm sensing that Hibs and Lennon now have a firm grip round the throat of this division and aren't in the mood to let go.

SRHibs
08-01-2017, 02:24 PM
A special relationship with Celtic is my guess

I can imagine he has a 'special' relationship with Stokes as well.

Canon Hannan
08-01-2017, 02:38 PM
I can imagine he has a 'special' relationship with Stokes as well.

Fraser F and his family actually who Are Aberdeen supporters. Maybe I support them too?

Famous Fiver
08-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Commons is the first £20,000 a week footballer to appear in the Scottish Championship and this is purely down to Lennon.

Whatever else you say about him he does carry some clout in the transfer market.

Any on here who are sniping need to take a look at themselves.

And, yes, in my opinion he does look like a £20,000 a week player. There is not another club in Scotland- including our jamboid big team friends- who would not take him

Canon Hannan
08-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Commons is the first £20,000 a week footballer to appear in the Scottish Championship and this is purely down to Lennon.

Whatever else you say about him he does carry some clout in the transfer market.

And, yes, in my opinion he does look like a £20,000 a week player. There is not another club in Scotland- including our jamboid big team friends- who would not take him

Great post FFer.
It reminds me of the time we had McLeish. He had presence and connections while being respected. Hopefully the doubters will realise what we have!?

Super_JMcGinn
08-01-2017, 03:00 PM

I don't think anyone is sniping, some of us don't see him as a messiah or a great manager is all. I agree with you as regards contacts, I just hope they stretch further than the east end of Glasgow.

Mr White
08-01-2017, 03:05 PM
I don't think anyone is sniping, some of us don't see him as a messiah or a great manager is all. I agree with you as regards contacts, I just hope they stretch further than the east end of Glasgow.

Last week's signing of a player from Preston suggests they do.

Canon Hannan
08-01-2017, 03:06 PM

Very true SirDavidofGray(Gail): McGeogh, Henderson, Stokes and Commons have proven to be poor. Shame you can't accept he has Celtic connections. I suppose that's your own issues. When would you accept he is a good manager? Would you be able to? Was Stubbs good?

Famous Fiver
08-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Sir David can't resist another snipe. Mind boggling.

As already pointed out Preston North End is nowhere near East End of Glasgow.

Speechless.

JimBHibees
Last week's signing of a player from Preston suggests they do.

As does an Israeli goalkeeper, an ex Norwich striker and a Birmingham loanee.

Famous Fiver
Oh, and by the way how close is Israel to Glasgow?

Mr White
08-01-2017, 03:12 PM
As does an Israeli goalkeeper, an ex Norwich striker and a Birmingham loanee.

Indeed. Plus Finnish, Italian and US trialists. All pure sellick minded so they were.

Super_JMcGinn
08-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Sir David can't resist another snipe. Mind boggling.

As already pointed out Preston North End is nowhere near East End of Glasgow.

Speechless.

I wasn't having a snipe, isn't anyone allowed an opinion without upsetting the tender souls amongst us ?

I was alluding to the rumours about Samaras Ciftci and numerous other ex celtic players linked with us.

The only ex celtic players I want to see are Stokesy and Hendo in that order.

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Indeed. Plus Finnish, Italian and US trialists. All pure sellick minded so they were.
The argument being made on this thread is that Neil Lennon is not at this point in time a great hibs manager and we are trying to understand why CH and his like are trying to peddle him on here that he is a great manager for whatever reason.

Maybe he was seen as that by Celtic fans when he was there manager but by no stretch of the imagination by any hibs fans as a Hibs manager - yet.

So CH as has been asked before tell us why you believe he is a great manager based on his performance to date?

I believe most hibs fans will say so far so good with some issues along the way but willing him to succeed and be a very good manager that gets us promotion.

Would you agree with that?

Mr White
08-01-2017, 03:27 PM
I wasn't having a snipe, isn't anyone allowed an opinion without upsetting the tender souls amongst us ?

I was alluding to the rumours about Samaras Ciftci and numerous other ex celtic players linked with us.

There's no evidence we even made enquiries about either Ciftci or Samaras. We have however signed and had on trial a number of players with no celtc connections. People see and believe what they want to sometimes though I suppose.

Mr White
08-01-2017, 03:28 PM
The argument being made on this thread is that Neil Lennon is not at this point in time a great hibs manager and we are trying to understand why CH and his like are trying to peddle him on here that he is a great manager for whatever reason.

Maybe he was seen as that by Celtic fans when he was there manager but by no stretch of the imagination by any hibs fans as a Hibs manager - yet.

So CH as has been asked before tell us why you believe he is a great manager based on his performance to date?

I believe most hibs fans will say so far so good with some issues along the way but willing him to succeed and be a very good manager that gets us promotion.

Would you agree with that?

I realise that question was to someone else but as you quoted me I'll say I absolutely agree with the bit in bold

Since90+2
08-01-2017, 03:30 PM

Rumours :faf:

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2017, 03:37 PM

These were not rumours, one of our posters made up a story and it grew and grew....

Do you really think we are after only ex Celtic players? Let me think, Marciano, Shinnie, Holt, Graham, Humphrey....Need I go on?

Lago
08-01-2017, 03:37 PM

Nonsense post

Super_JMcGinn
08-01-2017, 03:39 PM
These were not rumours, one of our posters made up a story and it grew and grew....

Do you really think we are after only ex Celtic players? Let me think, Marciano, Shinnie, Holt, Graham, Humphrey....Need I go on?

I didn't say we were. Houston sums up my feelings perfectly on this thread, over and out.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2017, 03:41 PM
I didn't say we were. Houston sums up my feelings perfectly on this thread, over and out.

:bye:

Lago
08-01-2017, 03:41 PM

Numerous ex Celtic players, only in your mind.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2017, 03:46 PM
Very true SirDavidofGray(Gail): McGeogh, Henderson, Stokes and Commons have proven to be poor. Shame you can't accept he has Celtic connections. I suppose that's your own issues. When would you accept he is a good manager? Would you be able to? Was Stubbs good?

FFS if you had not said he was a great manager instead of your now downgraded good manager, this thread would have slipped off the first page with 3 or 4 replies.:rolleyes:

Lago
08-01-2017, 04:02 PM
FFS if you had not said he was a great manager instead of your now downgraded good manager, this thread would have slipped off the first page with 3 or 4 replies.:rolleyes:

Disagree one or two on here determined to stir it where Neil Lennon is concerned not just on this thread.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Disagree one or two on here determined to stir it where Neil Lennon is concerned not just on this thread.

There's only about 2 or 3 folk who have come straight out and said the don't want him, the rest are waiting on his greatness to appear and another 2 or 3 want him anointed.

I'm in the middle hoping he gets anointed in the future.

WhileTheChief..
08-01-2017, 04:07 PM

I think Lennon is a great manager and have thought so since we appointed him. I've given reasons why on numerous threads over the months.

I don't give a damn about Celtic, not sure what you mean by 'and his like' and I'm not peddling anything.

Some of of us just happen to like our manager and are giving him support. There are more than enough people knocking him, just look back to before the Falkirk game.

By your reasoning anyone that likes him is Celtic minded. Total pish.

Your dislike for Lennon is probably to do with your dislike for Celtic.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2017, 04:09 PM
I think Lennon is a great manager and have thought so since we appointed him. I've given reasons why on numerous threads over the months.

I don't give a damn about Celtic, not sure what you mean by 'and his like' and I'm not peddling anything.

Some of of us just happen to like our manager and are giving him support. There are more than enough people knocking him, just look back to before the Falkirk game.

Your dislike for Lennon is probably to do with your dislike for Celtic.

:top marks

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=WhileTheChief..;4901922]I think Lennon is a great manager and have thought so since we appointed him. I've given reasons why on numerous threads over the months.

I like him as well Chief, just don't get the clamoring to convince us that he's somehow a great manager based on performance to date. What's so difficult to understand about that?

WhileTheChief..
08-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Ok, so if change great to good can we all agree?! :greengrin

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 04:29 PM
Ok, so if change great to good can we all agree?! :greengrin
of course, but CH needs to stop trying to ram his message down everyone's throats at every opportunity like he's Lennon's lovechild. Its not balanced and won't convince anyone of anything.

Arch Stanton
08-01-2017, 04:36 PM
I don't know about great but NL has certainly got what it takes to get us promoted. He is a clever guy and good at figurring things out.

There was nothing wrong with bringing in 2 big forwards, a creative midfielder and using Gray and Stevenson as wing-backs - it just didn't work so great is all.

So he changed it, for the better. If anyone doubts we will get up then I'd like to know who will go top.

Mr White
08-01-2017, 04:37 PM
of course, but CH needs to stop trying to ram his message down everyone's throats at every opportunity like he's Lennon's lovechild. Its not balanced and won't convince anyone of anything.

He's not breaking any forum rules by posting his opinion so I don't see he needs to stop anything. If it annoys you that much you could use the ignore function and forget all about him.

Lago
08-01-2017, 04:44 PM
There's only about 2 or 3 folk who have come straight out and said the don't want him, the rest are waiting on his greatness to appear and another 2 or 3 want him anointed.

I'm in the middle hoping he gets anointed in the future.

To my mind there appears to be a not so hidden agenda where Neil Lennon is concerned.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2017, 04:56 PM
To my mind there appears to be a not so hidden agenda where Neil Lennon is concerned.

I'm not seeing that, what i have seen is a team struggle week after week to break teams down, playing football thats been very narrow and slow.

Friday was the first time in a long time where we've played well and got the right result and everyone went home happy.

If that view is having an agenda against Lennon then i'm guilty.

Lago
08-01-2017, 05:05 PM
I'm not seeing that, what i have seen is a team struggle week after week to break teams down, playing football thats been very narrow and slow.

Friday was the first time in a long time where we've played well and got the right result and everyone went home happy.

To an extent I agree about slow narrow football, but come on that was a complaint over the past 2 years only then it was called playing a diamond, Lennon inherited quite a few problems hopefully now being address.

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 05:05 PM

At the end of the day its not about Lennon its about hibs.

If Lennon gets Hibs up we will all be ecstatic

If he decides to stay after that and continues the good work and gets us into the top 3 in a year or two we will all be over the moon. The would be the time to talk of Lennon in terms of great Hibs managers aka Macleish before he became the GJP :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2017, 05:11 PM
To an extent I agree about slow narrow football, but come on that was a complaint over the past 2 years only then it was called playing a diamond, Lennon inherited quite a few problems hopefully now being address.

I agree 100%, hopefully they have been addressed, but 1 terrific result hardly makes Lennon a great Hibs manager, maybe in the future if he can get us up and punching our weight?

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 05:14 PM
I agree 100%, hopefully they have been addressed, but 1 terrific result hardly makes Lennon a great Hibs manager, maybe in the future if he can get us up and punching our weight?
We all hope that's behind us now and we can move on and upwards in terms of performances and results....

Lago
08-01-2017, 05:22 PM

Agree, but I do think hibs did a great piece of business getting him on board, he really had nothing to be gained by dropping into the 2nd tier of Scottish football & more to lose. Like you hope does the business for hibs in getting us promoted. :agree:

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Agree, but I do think hibs did a great piece of business getting him on board, he really had nothing to be gained by dropping into the 2nd tier of Scottish football & more to lose. Like you hope does the business for hibs in getting us promoted. :agree:
Don't want to get into a debate on whether he had more to gain or lose - again I'm more concerned about Hibs than any individual - however he did take the gamble if you want to put it like that based on his perception that hibs were in the top 4 or 5 clubs in the country despite being in the lower tier and wouldn't have done it for any other club outwith those 5

147lothian
10-01-2017, 12:50 PM

If its any consolation HH, CH annoys me too as it appears he has his own reasons for supporting Lennon which are different from mine, I just think Lennon came in for a lot of unfair criticism especially after losing Stokes and Henderson before the campaign had even started but still managed to instill a winning mentality which is obviously needed to get promotion, I've not used the ignore button but I just ignore CH when he posts on Lennon

Mr White
10-01-2017, 12:56 PM
If its any consolation HH, CH annoys me too as it appears he has his own reasons for supporting Lennon which are different from mine, I just think Lennon came in for a lot of unfair criticism especially after losing Stokes and Henderson before the campaign had even started but still managed to instill a winning mentality which is obviously needed to get promotion, I've not used the ignore button but I just ignore CH when he posts on Lennon

That maybe needs a little bit of work...

Stevie Reid
10-01-2017, 01:28 PM

Probably been mentioned already in this thread, but Lennon's eye for a player and signing record at Celtic were very good - and in Van Dijk, Forster and Wanyama alone, brought in players for around £5.5M combined, who were then sold on for a combined profit of approximately £30M. They all came from relative obscurity in Groningen, Newcastle reserves and Beerschot AC, respectively. Tom Rogic was a steal at £400,000 from an Australian team. These would suggest that he is prepared to look as far as his scouting network allows for players with excellent potential.

Celtic also sold many more of his signings on at a significant profit, such as Gary Hooper, Kelvin Wilson and Adam Matthews. The goals and assists return that he got from Kris Commons for £300K was outstanding too. Wikipedia shows that Celtic were nearly £20M up from transfer dealings when he was their manager, and that doesn't include the fees for Forster or Van Dijk, who were sold when Deila was there.

If he were to get us up and have similar (relative) successes with us, we'd all be very, very happy. But the bottom line is I couldn't give a **** where the signings come from as long as they improve us - I'm puzzled why something so trivial would bother anyone, tbh.

2016 Delivered
10-01-2017, 01:57 PM
I would give Park a lot more credit than Lennon on the Celtic signing front. Was he Celtic manager or head coach?

Stevie Reid
10-01-2017, 02:04 PM
I would give Park a lot more credit than Lennon on the Celtic signing front. Was he Celtic manager or head coach?

He was manager and therefore would have made the final decision on the dozens of players that would be put to him by his scouts.

JimBHibees
10-01-2017, 02:23 PM
He was manager and therefore would have made the final decision on the dozens of players that would be put to him by his scouts.

And he would be the one having to take responsibility for the success or otherwise of the signings.

Stevie Reid
10-01-2017, 02:25 PM
And he would be the one having to take responsibility for the success or otherwise of the signings.

Absolutely, Jim.

Canon Hannan
10-01-2017, 02:54 PM

You must be a mind reader knowing why I support Neil Lennon??? Actually like Alex McLeish he is a big name who can entice quality. I am more concerned by supporters who don't support him when we have great potential under him.

Canon Hannan
10-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Probably been mentioned already in this thread, but Lennon's eye for a player and signing record at Celtic were very good - and in Van Dijk, Forster and Wanyama alone, brought in players for around £5.5M combined, who were then sold on for a combined profit of approximately £30M. They all came from relative obscurity in Groningen, Newcastle reserves and Beerschot AC, respectively. Tom Rogic was a steal at £400,000 from an Australian team. These would suggest that he is prepared to look as far as his scouting network allows for players with excellent potential.

Celtic also sold many more of his signings on at a significant profit, such as Gary Hooper, Kelvin Wilson and Adam Matthews. The goals and assists return that he got from Kris Commons for £300K was outstanding too. Wikipedia shows that Celtic were nearly £20M up from transfer dealings when he was their manager, and that doesn't include the fees for Forster or Van Dijk, who were sold when Deila was there.

If he were to get us up and have similar (relative) successes with us, we'd all be very, very happy. But the bottom line is I couldn't give a **** where the signings come from as long as they improve us - I'm puzzled why something so trivial would bother anyone, tbh.

Great post 👍

2016 Delivered
10-01-2017, 03:58 PM
You must be a mind reader knowing why I support Neil Lennon??? Actually like Alex McLeish he is a big name who can entice quality. I am more concerned by supporters who don't support him when we have great potential under him.

Who isn't supporting him? Just because some don't think he's a great manager doesn't mean he's not getting the support.

2016 Delivered
10-01-2017, 03:59 PM

Of course. But for all the correct calls there was loads of ***** signings too.

Stevie Reid
10-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Of course. But for all the correct calls there was loads of ***** signings too.

Don't agree with that at all. His signing record was very good, overall.

But according to what you wrote earlier, any ***** signings would be John Park's fault anyway.

2016 Delivered
10-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Don't agree with that at all. His signing record was very good, overall.

But according to what you wrote earlier, any ***** signings would be John Park's fault anyway.

Yep, Mr Park is now out a job. I still credit him with the gems he found though.
Anyway there's no argument from me. Lennon for me is potentially a good manager still learning his way into management. He seems a good guy and I really hope he succeeds. My only negative feelings is the amount of time he talks about Celtic and I don't think he sees himself here long term. It's hard to put faith into a manager building something long term if there's a feeling that he could be off at any given time. He just hasn't got that connection for me, yet.

147lothian
12-01-2017, 06:31 PM

That's a decent point CH, I can't really argue with that :aok:

2016 Delivered
12-01-2017, 07:03 PM
That's a decent point CH, I can't really argue with that :aok:

Makes you think, who was more successful in there career playing and managing so far, Stubbs or Lennon? Hard to split them.

Mr White
12-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Makes you think, who was more successful in there career playing and managing so far, Stubbs or Lennon? Hard to split them.

Lennon has the edge in both through his European adventures imo.