PDA

View Full Version : Chris Humphrey

hfc rd
06-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Take a bow son. Has done great so far! Been ripping Dixon to shreds down that right!

pontius pilate
06-01-2017, 09:53 PM
What a debut. The guy has some pace about him. I said to my old man his acceleration is like a motorbikes. He must scare defenders senseless.

renato
06-01-2017, 09:54 PM
That touch, best you'll see all season....

GreenCastle
06-01-2017, 09:55 PM
His touch for the goal!

Good debut and like his prescence and attitude !

Hopefully can keep him beyond this season.

Unseen work
06-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Not only is he fast, he is strong.

Very powerful lad.

Scottie
06-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Fantastic debut he's exactly what we've needed and been screaming for for years.

Well done Chris :aok:

hibeejeebies
06-01-2017, 10:19 PM
As debuts go, a solid 8 on the Conrad Logan Scale. Keep it up big man 😁

GreenPJ
06-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Fantastic debut he's exactly what we've needed and been screaming for for years.

Well done Chris :aok:

Great first half but he tired in second half but with games will be a very good addition.

Hibee Mac
06-01-2017, 10:25 PM
What a start to his hibs career. I love the guy already he's exactly what we've been needing for so long.

Both him and our formation today meant that we have everyone in the team playing to their strengths! It's fantastic to see.

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Promising debut

Massive credit to Lennon for changing the formation and line up tonight. Took balls to do that in such a massive game but worked perfectly.

United were annihilated

stoneyburn hibs
06-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Sublime touch leading up to the 2nd goal. Decent debut, bit quiet in the second half.
Looking like a good addition.

spike220
06-01-2017, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=hibeejeebies;4899881]As debuts go, a solid 8 on the Conrad Logan Scale. Keep it up big man 😁[/QUOTE

That is hardly a fair scale to use, 114years in the making. Tough to get a ten on that scale!!!!

B.H.F.C
06-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Sublime touch leading up to the 2nd goal. Decent debut, bit quiet in the second half.
Looking like a good addition.

He was absolutely done in the second half. Was surprised he stayed on as long as he did.

Two assists on debut (even if one was a massive bit of luck) isn't a bad start.

hibby6270
06-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Can only repeat what everyone else has said.
Excellent first half. Not so much involved in the second half but what he Dix do wax effective.
On this evidence, he'll be a great signing.

ronaldo7
06-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Great start big man, you looked absolutely knackered at the end of the match.

We're looking for that intensity every week now. :greengrin

California-Hibs
06-01-2017, 11:23 PM
That first touch and burst of pace to set up the 2nd though?! Ooooft! 👌

LustForLeith
07-01-2017, 06:21 AM
Excellent debut. From leavign the United player on her erse for pretty much his first touch of the game to the constant tracking back.

Libby Hibby
07-01-2017, 06:51 AM
Outstanding last night

bigwheel
07-01-2017, 08:04 AM
Outstanding last night

Maybe a bit over the top...certainly outstanding first touch and wing play for the second goal.....tired and didn't make much impact in the second half. Can be pleased with his debut though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

southsider
07-01-2017, 08:07 AM
Most of us having been saying it all season. We needed pace. NL got it spot on last nite. Chris and Martin in wide area's ran them ragged and they could not handle it. Well done boys that should give us a huge lift and set us up nicely for our Scottish Cup defence. GGTTH.

The_Horde
07-01-2017, 08:09 AM
He was absolutely done in the second half. Was surprised he stayed on as long as he did.

Two assists on debut (even if one was a massive bit of luck) isn't a bad start.

Watch it again. I thought so initially too. But watch Jason's movement when Humphrey takes the first touch. 100% a pass from Humphrey!

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-01-2017, 08:32 AM
I know that he has signed only to the season end but surely now the point has been made about width and pace and decent crossing.

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2017, 08:35 AM
Watch it again. I thought so initially too. But watch Jason's movement when Humphrey takes the first touch. 100% a pass from Humphrey!

Hahahaha. Good try

H18 SFR
07-01-2017, 08:36 AM
I thought that his defensive discipline was exceptional. He never failed once with regards tracking back. It was great to see David Gray get cover (not that he needed it right enough tbh).

The_Horde
07-01-2017, 08:55 AM
Hahahaha. Good try

Honestly, watch it again. Watch JC when humphrey takes the touch, he starts bending his run and does that wee heed swivel thing he does when he wants it in front of him. It's a pass. 100%

bigwheel
07-01-2017, 08:57 AM
Honestly, watch it again. Watch JC when humphrey takes the touch, he starts bending his run and does that wee heed swivel thing he does when he wants it in front of him. It's a pass. 100%

yes, you are right, JC did position himself for the pass...but Humphrey snatched at a shot and it landed at Cummings's feet...it wasn't a pass,

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2017, 08:59 AM

Never a pass in a million years. Cummings did position himself well for a pass but it was a sclaffed shot from Humphrey.

I'm sure he will take the assist though

Just Jimmy
07-01-2017, 09:01 AM
Most of us having been saying it all season. We needed pace. NL got it spot on last nite. Chris and Martin in wide area's ran them ragged and they could not handle it. Well done boys that should give us a huge lift and set us up nicely for our Scottish Cup defence. GGTTH.
Most of us have been saying it since Fenlon was manager.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hibs1972
07-01-2017, 09:05 AM
Have to say a great debut,though I have to disagree with people saying he had pace,knocked it past 2 defenders in 1st half and they easily caught him,looks like a good signing nonetheless!:top marks:thumbsup::flag:

InchHibby
07-01-2017, 09:09 AM
Great first half but he tired in second half but with games will be a very good addition.

I totally agree, noticed early in the second half he seemed to drift out of it a bit, probably forgot how fast and furious it is up here compared to down South. But as you say, a couple of games under his belt and he will be even better.

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2017, 09:09 AM
Have to say a great debut,though I have to disagree with people saying he had pace,knocked it past 2 defenders in 1st half and they easily caught him,looks like a good signing nonetheless!:top marks:thumbsup::flag:

He should plenty of pace at the 2nd goal added to an immense first touch

Hutchie
07-01-2017, 09:11 AM
What was his fee and length of deal?

green day
07-01-2017, 09:11 AM

That's true re the outright pace, not as fast as Boyle but probably more guile.

Looks like a great formation to protect full backs and burst forward.

2016 Delivered
07-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Longer deal please.

AlbertK86
07-01-2017, 09:18 AM

I'm with you. Humphrey uses the instep of his right foot and to me feigned to shoot but either saw or got the shout from Jason.

If he had been shooting I reckon he would've hoped to put the laces through it.

However bottom line is I couldnae give a flying f*** whether it was a shot or a pass. It got us the early goal and the crowd was buzzing from there on in.

Having him and Boyle on the wings meant Jason stayed in the centre forward position instead of drifting wide and really deep as he usually does. Keep him in there with Humphries providing low hard balls across the goal onto his trusty left peg and I can see it being a great combination

lapsedhibee
07-01-2017, 09:20 AM
I said to my old man his acceleration is like a motorbikes.
Though not like Ivan Sproule's on a motorbike.

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Can't believe we have 2 folk saying it was a pass from Humphrey hahahaha

CRAZYHIBBY
07-01-2017, 09:31 AM

Deluded

superfurryhibby
07-01-2017, 09:41 AM
A very good debut from Humphrey. His first half was excellent, he threatened Utd every time he had the ball and he covered back and put in a lot of running. A fortunate assist for the first ( no questions, it was a sclafed shot) and a wonderful bit of play to set up the second.

He faded in the 2nd, don't think anything really came off for him. Nevertheless, he worked hard and on this showing he looks like a canny signing.

wookie70
07-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Not as fast as I was hoping for but he was willing to take his man on and had a very good first half. His touch and cross for the second goal was as good as it gets for a winger. Like Commons he is way short of match fitness so will get better.

The_Horde
07-01-2017, 12:55 PM

Watch it again. Shaped to shoot and passed as the poster above said. The only reason folks are saying otherwise is because the shot was expected.

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2017, 12:57 PM
Watch it again. Shaped to shoot and passed as the poster above said. The only reason folks are saying otherwise is because the shot was expected.

I'm no going to watch it again. Seen it in real time and watched it on Alba when I got home. If you think it was a pass, along with ONE other poster, then you just keep believing that.

B.H.F.C
07-01-2017, 01:09 PM

It was a crap shot. Never a pass in a million years.

Cummings did show good anticipation and that's why he scores so many goals in the box. He anticipates things that others don't.

RoYO!
07-01-2017, 01:19 PM
It was a crap shot. Never a pass in a million years.

Cummings did show good anticipation and that's why he scores so many goals in the box. He anticipates things that others don't.

It was interesting seeing kenny Miller's work rate for his goal in the recent OF game. Literally sprinting to get into the correct area for the cross- complete faith that the ball would be played exactly where it needed to be. Very similar to how Jase plays.

As far as I remember Graham more or less jogged into the box for what should have been our 4th goal. Superb cross. He was more than a yard away from getting a touch on it (as memory serves). This isn't a dig per se. It's more of an observation between the styles of the two strikers. Graham didn't know if it would be chipped over or driven over and as such misses out. Jase knows it will be drilled and is so often where he needs to be- similar to Kenny Miller. This strikers instinct is the main reason I feel he will continue to grow into an excellent player.

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2017, 01:27 PM

Have a wee look at his response:

Ozyhibby
07-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Going by his Twitter exchanges he seems to be settling in well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
07-01-2017, 04:28 PM
It was interesting seeing kenny Miller's work rate for his goal in the recent OF game. Literally sprinting to get into the correct area for the cross- complete faith that the ball would be played exactly where it needed to be. Very similar to how Jase plays.

As far as I remember Graham more or less jogged into the box for what should have been our 4th goal. Superb cross. He was more than a yard away from getting a touch on it (as memory serves). This isn't a dig per se. It's more of an observation between the styles of the two strikers. Graham didn't know if it would be chipped over or driven over and as such misses out. Jase knows it will be drilled and is so often where he needs to be- similar to Kenny Miller. This strikers instinct is the main reason I feel he will continue to grow into an excellent player.
There was another difference.At the goal Humphreys looked and then put the ball in to the right place to match the run.Keatings basically banged it into the middle.

JBradderz
07-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Don't shoot me, but I've been a Hibees supporter for years (2nd team) but don't get much time or opportunitys to get down to ER because I live in Preston and I'm actually a priority north end fan.. so with that being said I thought I'd give my input into Chris Humphrey,

It's sort of a win win for me personally because Chris was a highly rated player for PNE over the years and in my personal opinion he always gives 110% in every game but has a tendency to tire around 60/70 minutes every week, I managed to watch the game last night and he did play really well that touch was sublime.. I genuinely think he'd be a fantastic capture for us (hibs) and a good move all round as he didn't cost a been apart from wages. But as a whole he'll always give 100% but he does get frustrating when towards the back end of a game he just stops working forwards or backwards but as you saw last night he'll do just fine.

jacomo
07-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Don't shoot me, but I've been a Hibees supporter for years (2nd team) but don't get much time or opportunitys to get down to ER because I live in Preston and I'm actually a priority north end fan.. so with that being said I thought I'd give my input into Chris Humphrey,

It's sort of a win win for me personally because Chris was a highly rated player for PNE over the years and in my personal opinion he always gives 110% in every game but has a tendency to tire around 60/70 minutes every week, I managed to watch the game last night and he did play really well that touch was sublime.. I genuinely think he'd be a fantastic capture for us (hibs) and a good move all round as he didn't cost a been apart from wages. But as a whole he'll always give 100% but he does get frustrating when towards the back end of a game he just stops working forwards or backwards but as you saw last night he'll do just fine.

Fair point, but the Arabs defence looked knacked after an hour trying to keep up with him! He looks like exactly the player we need.

Lancs Harp
07-01-2017, 09:30 PM
Dixon has only just stopped spinning round.

Great debut, tired, as to be expected with his lack of game time recently. Pace kills the opposition at every level of football, I thought Humphrey and Boyle gave them a serious headache. Humphrey seemed to interact very well with Sir David Gray down the right. With players coming back from injury, we have a talented squad with lots of options and the squad is a lot better balanced now. We signed big men Holt and Graham but couldnt really supply them with crosses and I think our game suffered because of it earlier on in the season.
Now we have pace down the flanks, can mix the big men and sharper nippier strikers upfront, have the talented Commons in the hole and Super John, Dylan and hopefully soon Fyvie back soon, so plenty of creativity in midfield. If needed Marv playing the anchor and a settled back three or four, plus two keepers much improved on our keeper situation last season.

One game doesnt make a season but there was a lot to admire last night and I have every confidence we are moving in the right direction.
:flag:

07-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Brilliant debut. Great pace and not afraid to take players on. His first half in particular was fantastic.

SkintHibby
08-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Hopefully we'll see some of these being flown at Easter Road soon...:aok:

CentreLine
08-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Every week for a very long time we have been in desperate need of balls in the box but just not delivering. Friday night all that changed. If we do this every week we will smooth this league afte all.

The_Horde
08-01-2017, 07:22 PM
Have a wee look at his response:

Fair play.

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Fair play.

I would have been claiming an assist if it was me 😀

The_Horde
09-01-2017, 09:16 AM

My initial reaction at the game was terrible shot. Then from the highlights I changed my mind. Makes Jason's goal all that bit better too, always seems to find himself in the right place to slot it away.

JimBHibees
09-01-2017, 09:42 AM

Was definitely an assist but it was a shot IMO.

BoomtownHibees
09-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Was definitely an assist but it was a shot IMO.

It definitely was a shot. Confirmed by the man himself

allezsauzee
09-01-2017, 12:43 PM
I remember Paul Dixon getting the absolute piss taken out of him by Zouma during his first stint at United. I wonder if he has nightmares about playing at ER :greengrin

jacomo
09-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Hopefully we'll see some of these being flown at Easter Road soon...:aok:

CAUTION: flag debate.

:wink:

Albanian Hibs
09-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Who cares if it was a shot or a cross? We scored from it right?