Dashing Bob S
06-01-2017, 07:32 PM
Needs to get over May 21st.

WeeRussell
06-01-2017, 08:48 PM
So do I

Scottie
06-01-2017, 09:27 PM
He was at least ***** tonight for both teams. How many yellow's were dished out ?

And he's one of the best ref's we are meant to have :rolleyes:

danhibees1875
06-01-2017, 09:31 PM
What did he do wrong? Thought he had a reasonable game - I don't remember ever being that annoyed at a decision other than a freekick he gave against Gray towards the end.

GreenCastle
06-01-2017, 09:32 PM
He was at least ***** tonight for both teams. How many yellow's were dished out ?

And he's one of the best ref's we are meant to have :rolleyes:

This - bad for both.

Hibee87
06-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Thought he done fine other than Bartley booking. There was 2 chalanges in first I screemed for a red but on seeing the replays the yellows dished were the correct decision

Dom'sFirstTouch
06-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Seen far worse. He had to spend most of his time correcting the West stand linesman.

Salt N Sauzee
06-01-2017, 09:38 PM
I still don't know why he booked Bartley?

Paisley Hibby
06-01-2017, 09:50 PM
What did he do wrong? Thought he had a reasonable game - I don't remember ever being that annoyed at a decision other than a freekick he gave against Gray towards the end.

Eh?????? Are you serious? What about booking Bartley for a nothing tackle? And given the total number of cards he dished out you'd think that was a bloodbath tonight. It was no such thing. Total walloper. And as for the linesman on the west stand side - jeez!!! Mind you, his Mum had ironed his shorts and shirt very nicely.

H113EE5
06-01-2017, 09:50 PM

:agree: I thought he did ok. Let play go and brought back players for bookings when play stopped.

danhibees1875
06-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Eh?????? Are you serious? What about booking Bartley for a nothing tackle? And given the total number of cards he dished out you'd think that was a bloodbath tonight. It was no such thing. Total walloper. And as for the linesman on the west stand side - jeez!!! Mind you, his Mum had ironed his shorts and shirt very nicely.
Bartley pulled the boy back as they were getting away. He could have not given the yellow or he could have, about 50/50 there tbh. He dished out a lot of bookings because we played some good fast football that united tried to counter with fouls and were rightly booked for doing so.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Topographic Hibby
06-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Bartley grabbed the guy twice IIRC. Once around the arm and again around his waist. He was getting a bit worked up cause challenges were going in on him unpunished.

Stand back, take a breath....it probably was a yellow (tin hat on...). Overall, ref had a reasonable game (now desperately looking around for a 2nd tin hat.....).

allezsauzee
06-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Collum is much better than what we usually get refereeing us in the championship. I thought he did ok

hibeejeebies
06-01-2017, 10:06 PM

Big Marv took one for the team and was a justifiable yellow I felt. The frustrating thing was seconds before he let their boy (Durnan?) off without a card, giving him the "don't do that again" finger wag for a far more cynical foul on Martin Boyle. It's this kind of inconsistency that drives football supporters mad.

McD
06-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Thought he was poor tonight, booked Bartley and gray for their first fouls, whilst flood and a few other Utd players got away with plenty more. Durnan should have been booked for a worse version of what Bartley did (wasn't his first), but wasn't. A Utd player brought one of ours down on a breakaway, waves play on as Hibs still had the ball but didn't book their player when play stopped.

McD
06-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Big Marv took one for the team and was a justifiable yellow I felt. The frustrating thing was seconds before he let their boy (Durnan?) off without a card, giving him the "don't do that again" finger wag for a far more cynical foul on Martin Boyle. It's this kind of inconsistency that drives football supporters mad.

:agree: Can live with the Bartley booking when the same is applied the other way. Durnan wasn't the only one who got away with a telling off for the same thing as Bartley's booking

Marco G
06-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Thought he was poor tonight, booked Bartley and gray for their first fouls, whilst flood and a few other Utd players got away with plenty more. Durnan should have been booked for a worse version of what Bartley did (wasn't his first), but wasn't. A Utd player brought one of ours down on a breakaway, waves play on as Hibs still had the ball but didn't book their player when play stopped.
100%. Too happy to warn their players but book ours. Thought Utd were cynical and desperate and could have been down to 9 or 10 men easily.

Eyrie
06-01-2017, 10:21 PM
:agree: I thought he did ok. Let play go and brought back players for bookings when play stopped.

I'd agree with this, although the Bartley booking was pedantic at best.

McD
06-01-2017, 10:26 PM
100%. Too happy to warn their players but book ours. Thought Utd were cynical and desperate and could have been down to 9 or 10 men easily.

:agree: Said on another thread I don't know how they finished with 11

hibby6270
06-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Have seen Collum have worse games than tonight. Whilst some decisions were 'strange', overall he wasn't too bad. Just my opinion.:greengrin

Weststandwanab
06-01-2017, 10:33 PM
:agree: Said on another thread I don't know how they finished with 11

They finished with 11 because of the ref's incompetence

lyonhibs
06-01-2017, 10:39 PM
What a wee gremlin that gimp is.

McD
06-01-2017, 10:41 PM
They finished with 11 because of the ref's incompetence

Says it all mate :aok:

eastcoasthibby
06-01-2017, 10:42 PM
I still don't know why he booked Bartley?

Or Gray near the end ..and didn't book Durnan for checking out Boyle as he was going past him into the box ...

Tom Hart RIP
06-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Thought Murdoch should have had a straight red for foul on Marvin before half time. Haven't seen replay. He should have had a second yellow for chopping down Dylan in 2nd half. Ray McKinnon subbed him immediately after that.
Also Durnan should have had a yellow for foul on Boyle just after half time then his subsequent yellow would have meant a sending off.

RoYO!
06-01-2017, 10:44 PM
He's one of those refs that you can really sense/ feel him starting to lose the plot. It's as if the game runs away from him and he tries to stamp his authority by dishing out yellows. Very surprised to have 11 a side at the end. Think the Utd players went from raging/ bitter to simple acceptance that they were done.

cleanyman
06-01-2017, 10:44 PM
I thought Collum had a good game.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Bet the clown dishes out yellow cards to all his family members on Christmas morning.

lucky
06-01-2017, 10:47 PM
I thought he was inconsistent as usual. But he was better than the East stand assistant who refused to refuse to raise his flag even when the call went out or players were well outside

AndyB_70
07-01-2017, 09:22 AM
I find it funny people asking for straight red cards for nothing more than tackles that were only yellow. People have gone soft. He is probably the best ref we have had for a while considering the dross we normally get in this league. I think he could have handled a few things differently but overall I thought he was OK. Let play flow and went back to either talk to players or book them.

TRC
07-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Still can't forgive the wee rat for his failure to award a free kick for us against the huns

Sammy7nil
07-01-2017, 10:11 AM
I find it funny people asking for straight red cards for nothing more than tackles that were only yellow. People have gone soft. He is probably the best ref we have had for a while considering the dross we normally get in this league. I think he could have handled a few things differently but overall I thought he was OK. Let play flow and went back to either talk to players or book them.

:agree::agree::agree:

O'Rourke3
07-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Curates egg. Deliberate push in the back on Marv and Collum saw nothing and they went up the park and had a shot at goal. The first yellow card could easily have been a red. The United player changed his angle to ensure our player got chopped. He gets decisions right but gets a lot wrong too. Had he booked the defender for the first body check the second one where there was nothing between Squirrel and the goalie wouldn't have happened. He must have infra red vision as there were free kicks given for something no one in the ground could see and often not when clear fouls were taking place.

It might have been one of his better games but he's no great shakes.

HibernianJK
07-01-2017, 10:28 AM
Or Gray near the end ..and didn't book Durnan for checking out Boyle as he was going past him into the box ...

Gray's challenge was right in front of me was definitely a booking and he didn't complain.

Islington Hibs
07-01-2017, 10:32 AM
I thought Collum had a good game.

agree. One or two strange decisions but he allowed sensible play-on's a couple of times. No complaints.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-01-2017, 11:26 AM
Inconsistentencies happen now and again. I thought he had a decent enough game. Booking Bartley seems to be a requirement though.