PDA

View Full Version : Simon Pia

Lago
06-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Just watched him on BBC Scotland & boy what an absolute doom & gloomer, has he got an axe to grind ?

Badge
06-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Just watched him on BBC Scotland & boy what an absolute doom & gloomer, has he got an axe to grind ?aye

stoneyburn hibs
06-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Just watched him on BBC Scotland & boy what an absolute doom & gloomer, has he got an axe to grind ?

He's had an axe to grind for donkeys it seems. Tiresome.

penihibs
06-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Rev I am Jolly !!

Really a Hibs Fan ?

Lago
06-01-2017, 07:00 PM
He's had an axe to grind for donkeys it seems. Tiresome.

Whats his problem?

Pretty Boy
06-01-2017, 07:04 PM
It's personal between him and STF.

CropleyWasGod
06-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Whats his problem?
STF. It's historical IIRC.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Lago
06-01-2017, 07:08 PM
It's personal between him and STF.

Well the way he came across certainly do himself any favours.

Pretty Boy
06-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Well the way he came across certainly do himself any favours.

He's always the same.

He's actually an intelligent and articulate guy but when Hibs and Tom Farmer comes up the red mist appears and he loses the plot.

john18722
06-01-2017, 07:11 PM
What did he say?

Lago
06-01-2017, 07:14 PM
What did he say?

Well I am paraphrasing a little, but basically Hibs have budgeted for promotion this season, cup win papered over cracks last season & should they fail this season income, attendance will drop & they will be stuck in this division however long, no one can tell. Words to that effect.

Betty Boop
06-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Well I am paraphrasing a little, but basically Hibs have budgeted for promotion this season, cup win papered over cracks last season & should they fail this season income, attendance will drop & they will be stuck in this division however long, no one can tell. Words to that effect.

All true tho no ?

Lago
06-01-2017, 07:25 PM
All true tho no ?

Possibly, but he came across as if it was almost a certainty.

Tyler Durden
06-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Also tweeted something similar to Tom English earlier.

He's a fud

Lago
06-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Also tweeted something similar to Tom English earlier.

He's a fud

Almost as if he wanted it to happen, instead of talking up tonights game, strange.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2017, 07:39 PM

He's pretty much spot on.

Tyler Durden
06-01-2017, 07:43 PM

Did anyone ask him a question about that though?

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2017, 07:44 PM

It's stating the obvious. Don't think anybody believes otherwise. But the cup win was also a lot more just papering over cracks and SP needs to get a little joy in his soul.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Piss poor timing, of course he could be right but why now?

There's no metal left in his axe to grind.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Lago
06-01-2017, 07:47 PM

See my previous post

Lago
06-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Did anyone ask him a question about that though?

No he was asked about tonight game & went off on a tangent.

jacomo
06-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Almost as if he wanted it to happen, instead of talking up tonights game, strange.

:agree:

He seems very resentful of any success under STF's watch.

The protest following relegation was initially justified, but became very personal very quickly. I think he (or people he was associated with) had an agenda to get control of the club.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2017, 08:42 PM
:agree:

He seems very resentful of any success under STF's watch.

The protest following relegation was initially justified, but became very personal very quickly. I think he (or people he was associated with) had an agenda to get control of the club.
Agree.

But it was then, and is now, a case of putting your money where your mouth is.

Hibbyradge
06-01-2017, 08:42 PM

Yes.

Hibbyradge
06-01-2017, 08:44 PM

That's the point.

He'll be disappointed if we go up.

I wonder if he enjoyed 21.5.16 . . .

Bostonhibby
06-01-2017, 08:47 PM
That's the point.

Depends on who was listening to him

gerry70
06-01-2017, 08:50 PM
He is a total Hibs fan. He loves Hibs. He has a different opinion about how stf has played our club than the official sanitised Petrie kwikfit version. He is a lovely guy give him a break!

Love and peace to all hibees for 2017.

sleeping giant
06-01-2017, 08:59 PM

Why on earth did they have him on ?

Lago
06-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Why on earth did they have him on ?

Interviewing some of the fans re tonights game etc

jacomo
06-01-2017, 10:02 PM
He is a total Hibs fan. He loves Hibs. He has a different opinion about how stf has played our club than the official sanitised Petrie kwikfit version. He is a lovely guy give him a break!

Fair enough. But he really needs to let go of his wee vendetta.

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2017, 10:04 PM
He's entitled to his views, but publicly doom-mongering around a football club when things are going well, is just positing yourself as a fud. Shame, because I don't think he is.

HoboHarry
06-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Think Mrs Pia should go oot and visit her maw tonight, he's gaun tae have a face that would turn milk sour ........

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2017, 10:16 PM
Farmer sued him (or threatened to) and his paper a good few years ago and he's pursued him ever since.

heid the baw
06-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Rabid Better together campaign mouthpiece. Blairite New Labour lickspittle who now wants a second referendum. Mair faces than a toon clock that boy. Probably a closet jambo...

Arch Stanton
06-01-2017, 10:24 PM

Budgetted for promotion? Curious thing to say. Yes, we have the biggest spend in the division but something would be very amiss if this wasn't the case for all sorts of reasons (cup runs, HSL and ST sales).

Now, if Hibs had over-budgetted then that would have been something of an accusation, except that it just isn't true.

The crack paperring is bit is a meaningless comment and and being stuck in the division for a long time is a rediculous thing to say. Whatever happens we will still have a bigger budget than any other Championship team and indeed bigger than half the SPL clubs.

brog
06-01-2017, 10:47 PM
That's the point.

He loved it & he enjoyed the parade in our company at the Windsor Buffet. It's fair game to criticise Simon but it's nonsense to doubt in any way his love of our club.

euro Hibby
06-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Had we lost tonight I am not sure we would be reading the same thread but football forums are a bit like a roller coaster. I have known Simon a long time and no doubt he is Hibs fan and wants the team to do well.
At the end of the day it's a hard business. The team probably nets arounf £ 7 Million which is a small business but with a large public following. STF is a very canny business man and yes we probably suffered many years
because of bad management but I think Scottish football has never been set up to allow other teams outside the old firm dominate for too long so sometimes it has maybe been a case of making up the numbers and protecting the investment until we were able to piece together a better management team , a club now more attached to its community and a better and more hungry set of players who have achieved something and want more.

If your reading Simon, Hibs are Hibs, sometimes beautiful and sometimes horribly ugly but they are part of you and part of all of us so time maybe to move on and enjoy often the pain and the little bit of glory that we get from them now and then.

nomad
06-01-2017, 11:01 PM

But he is a Tory?

McD
06-01-2017, 11:04 PM

Played our club?

the sanitised kwikfit version?

aye ok :rolleyes:

green day
06-01-2017, 11:10 PM
He loved it & he enjoyed the parade in our company at the Windsor Buffet. It's fair game to criticise Simon but it's nonsense to doubt in any way his love of our club.

Agreed on his love for the club, but his problem is that he doesnt know when to shut his trap.

His sniping from the sidelines and that of the the others who decided that the HSL scheme was a ponzi scheme in favour of STF actually hurt the club he loves.

He is a bright man, but his ego cant allow him to be wrong.

emerald green
06-01-2017, 11:15 PM
Why was Simon Pia asked to appear on this news slot? Why him of all people?

The (very short) clip I saw was actually filmed with him standing inside ER.

Just Alf
06-01-2017, 11:16 PM

That's fair enough I guess, just a shame he can't do similar which doesn't make him look too good.

GGTTH!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lyonhibs
06-01-2017, 11:51 PM

Could you be so kind as to clarify exactly what the "official sanitised Petrie kwikfit version" is, just so we're clear?

.Sean.
07-01-2017, 12:01 AM
Have I missed something? Is Simon pia no a Hibs supporter with a book or two out? Where was he moaning and what's his gripe?

Tyler Durden
07-01-2017, 12:36 AM

I also have a different opinion on STF than many here or the supposed Petrie spin. I don't go around spreading misinformation like Pia appears to. (Obviously I don't have his media platform but you got the point!)

For such a supposedly intelligent man, he he's not been shy to mix with morons determined to drag Hibs through the gutter.

He can ram it

lucky
07-01-2017, 12:50 AM
Rabid Better together campaign mouthpiece. Blairite New Labour lickspittle who now wants a second referendum. Mair faces than a toon clock that boy. Probably a closet jambo...

Hope your previous 77 posts were better than this drivel.

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2017, 12:52 AM
Have I missed something? Is Simon pia no a Hibs supporter with a book or two out? Where was he moaning and what's his gripe?

I said earlier that he wrote an article about STF years ago and him and his paper (the Scotsman I think) were hit with a huge legal bill.

heid the baw
07-01-2017, 01:22 AM
Hope your previous 77 posts were better than this drivel.

Of course they were all drivel. We are on a football fans forum after all.

truehibernian
07-01-2017, 01:36 AM

STF played our club ? He SAVED our club !

Simon Pia is a nobody that's feels he's a somebody. If you practice something enough you become really good at it - that includes talking and writing nonsense.

CMurdoch
07-01-2017, 01:42 AM
Pia didn't do Hibs or himself any favours in the TV interview.
In Hibs.net parlance "bedwetter"
I shouted "shut up ya knob" at the tele when he was on and got a dirty look of the wife!

RIP
07-01-2017, 01:43 AM
Simon loves Hibs. He was asked his opinion. He thinks Petrie''s gross mismanagement got our club relegated.

He's right.

However we need to be talking the club up if we want promotion.

Eyes on the prize please Simon lad.

07-01-2017, 02:16 AM
While I can understand some of Mr Pia's comments about the Scottish Cup masking other failings within the club his outburst stank of personal agenda.
Mr P you just looked silly.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-01-2017, 02:28 AM

Was certainly a rabid Brit Nat, didn't realise he had changed sides.