PDA

View Full Version : not do or die

steelendhibs
06-01-2017, 01:29 PM
As much as anybody I want us to come out all guns blazing tonight and propel ourselves towards the league with unites trailing in our wake. However if we do draw or lose this will no decide the league. It will be silly losses like united 's away to Dumbarton and who out the two of us can have the least of these from now until May 6

But of course winning tonight would be massive mathematically and psychologically. Mon the hibs!!!!

Coults1875
06-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Agree, both ourselves and Utd will pick up silly defeats this season (much like the 2-1 Ayr defeat). However, we must show the resilience to overcome our nearest challengers and not only take all 3 points but ensure they leave with a mindset that the pressure is now on them. It is when the pressure is on you, that you are more than likely to drop points chasing all 3 for each match in an effort to catch up.

GGTTH

Andy74
06-01-2017, 01:36 PM
As much as anybody I want us to come out all guns blazing tonight and propel ourselves towards the league with unites trailing in our wake. However if we do draw or lose this will no decide the league. It will be silly losses like united 's away to Dumbarton and who out the two of us can have the least of these from now until May 6

But of course winning tonight would be massive mathematically and psychologically. Mon the hibs!!!!

I hear you but in a league where we don't expect to lose that many matches a six point potential swing tonight is huge. Not so much an issue if a draw.

Nicho87
Think lennon will be out for revenge. United have been pash against us in 2 games and taken 4 points. Time for a performance and a marker i think. Early goal and make them come out, they'll take a draw, we want 3 points. Lets batter them hibs.

northstandhibby

It's not a league decider that's for sure however we must look to win at home against our closest challengers. Not to win will be a massive disappointment to all who attend. It's a game we really must win to show we mean business. However all will not be lost if we don't. This is a battle to be won tonight not the outright war so to speak. But let's be positive and cheer us on tonight which we will do in huge numbers.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

B.H.F.C
06-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Not a league decider of course. But it's all about momentum and this time last week they were probably thinking they'd beat Dumbarton and be going in to this game looking to go 5 clear. In fact, they were probably thinking we'd drop points at Falkirk as well.

If we beat them and go 4 clear of them instead that is a massive shift 'psychologically' as Lennon likes to say.

This is our biggest league game since we've been in this league IMO.

jacomo
06-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Not a league decider of course. But it's all about momentum and this time last week they were probably thinking they'd beat Dumbarton and be going in to this game looking to go 5 clear. In fact, they were probably thinking we'd drop points at Falkirk as well.

If we beat them and go 4 clear of them instead that is a massive shift 'psychologically' as Lennon likes to say.

This is our biggest league game since we've been in this league IMO.

:agree:

Nothing gets decided tonight, but it feels like a Big Game.

Hibeewilly
06-01-2017, 01:54 PM
:agree:

Nothing gets decided tonight, but it feels like a Big Game.
Its a massive game:agree:

2016 Delivered
06-01-2017, 01:55 PM
This is massive tonight make no mistake about it. Just look at what happened after our loss at Ibrox and the momentum they got winning such a big match in front of a full house.

Rangers visitor
06-01-2017, 02:06 PM
This is massive tonight make no mistake about it. Just look at what happened after our loss at Ibrox and the momentum they got winning such a big match in front of a full house.

I think it was Hibs imploding rather than Rangers momentum that decided the title last year

2016 Delivered
06-01-2017, 02:15 PM
I think it was Hibs imploding rather than Rangers momentum that decided the title last year

We didn't implode until after January. Had we won that game we would have had terrific momentum and rangers the opposite.

Onion
06-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Tonight is huge. Despite what the managers and media say, if can Hibs win it, I think it will go a long way to helping us win the title and promotion. Biggest game of the season by a distance.

Dundee Hibee
06-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Huge game for both clubs, never been this excited about a league match for a long time, I see that United have signed a 6'2" Danish striker, Thomas Mikkelson and he goes straight into the squad for tonight.

Rangers visitor
06-01-2017, 03:02 PM
We didn't implode until after January. Had we won that game we would have had terrific momentum and rangers the opposite.

It might have escaped your notice that 'Gers weren't that good either after January

ballengeich
06-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Not do or die, but if we win this evening I believe we'll gradually pull away in front.

2016 Delivered
06-01-2017, 03:38 PM
It might have escaped your notice that 'Gers weren't that good either after January

It did to be honest, I don't in large give that much of a **** about them now.

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Nothing is won or lost tonight but it's still a big game and a win would certainly put down a marker.

Let's remember though, we won the Scottish Cup in 90+2 so we fight to the end.

Cmon the Hibees!! 💚

H18 SFR
06-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Time to skoosh it! 🎣

Jim44
06-01-2017, 05:15 PM
I can't and won't argue that this match is do or die and I fully understand the logic of our support of not pinning everything on one match. However, a big part of me hopes that the team goes out tonight with a die-hard attitude, condusive to a convincing win and a clear marker that we are the real McCoy.