PDA

View Full Version : Let's Have Easter Road Rocking

Since1875Hibs
06-01-2017, 06:37 AM
Much has been said this season about the atmosphere inside ER and steps are now underway between the supporters and the club to improve this.

Tonight we have a sell out in three stands and I have no doubt that tonights top of the table clash, under the floodlights with a large travelling support will ensure the atmosphere will take care of itself.

We may feel we are perhaps entitled to three points due to the backing we've already given the club in ticket sales ahead of the match; however it's important we all play our part in generating a positive, vocal backing and get behind the team before kick-off and during the match regardless of how things pan out.

Let's raise the roof tonight and cheer the boys onto hopefully a convincing victory and stretch our lead at the top.

GGTTH

Enough said
06-01-2017, 07:21 AM
Much has been said this season about the atmosphere inside ER and steps are now underway between the supporters and the club to improve this.

Tonight we have a sell out in three stands and I have no doubt that tonights top of the table clash, under the floodlights with a large travelling support will ensure the atmosphere will take care of itself.

We may feel we are perhaps entitled to three points due to the backing we've already given the club in ticket sales ahead of the match; however it's important we all play our part in generating a positive, vocal backing and get behind the team before kick-off and during the match regardless of how things pan out.

Let's raise the roof tonight and cheer the boys onto hopefully a convincing victory and stretch our lead at the top.

GGTTH

I agree in a way. But I really think it's up to the players if am honest, they need to start well with pace tempo attacking play that will get is fans up for it .

Hi Heid Yin
06-01-2017, 07:28 AM

GGTTH

Hear Hear! Come on you Hibeees!!:flag::flag::flag:

Tom Hart RIP
06-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Just been reading one of the secret footballers books. There is a chapter on West Ham and how other teams enjoyed going to Upton Park as everyone knew that the fans would get on the players backs after 20 mins if they weren't winning and that affected them adversely.
I spoke to Jimmy Nic after his one game in charge and he was frustrated at our players because they would not try the things they did naturally in training for 'fear' of the crowd reaction. I brought this up on here and the majority said that anyone who couldn't handle some abuse from the stands shouldn't be a professional footballer and certainly should not play for us. Others said that they had paid their money so were entitled to abuse our players.
Fair enough but even if one players performance is affected then that could be the deciding factor as to whether we win or lose.
We ALL want to win the league so tonight can we get behind the team even if things don't go our way.

hibbysam
06-01-2017, 07:31 AM
I agree in a way. But I really think it's up to the players if am honest, they need to start well with pace tempo attacking play that will get is fans up for it .

I'm afraid if you have to wait until 5/10 minutes into the game, at a full house Easter Road, in our biggest game of the season, to decide whether you are going to create an atmosphere then it shows a lot of the problems in the place. The stadium should be bouncing from 5/10 minutes before Kick off.

GreenCastle
06-01-2017, 07:39 AM
Having been at the last Friday night game in Dundee between Hibs and Utd and the other sell outs at ER I believe the atmosphere will be electric.

The only games with big crowds it's been different is the playoff games.

We have a pretty good record with full houses at ER and I would expect the same tonight.

Get there early as going to be busy and back the guys right from the warm up !

Enough said
06-01-2017, 08:29 AM
I'm afraid if you have to wait until 5/10 minutes into the game, at a full house Easter Road, in our biggest game of the season, to decide whether you are going to create an atmosphere then it shows a lot of the problems in the place. The stadium should be bouncing from 5/10 minutes before Kick off.

Not sure where you read the 5/10 minutes from in my original post!!!!

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-01-2017, 08:40 AM
what would be nice is for the playes to see an almost full stadium when they are returning to the dressing room for final preparation and get changed. Then whilst they're inside the stadium announcer doesnt speak too much and allows the fans to build an atmosphere.

Easter Road could be rocking if the fans turn up early enough and create the atmosphere. we dont need to wait till the players have the first attack or first shot on goal lets having it bouncing from 10 mins before kick off!

Absolutely buzzing for it now.

"We know what we are, we know what weeeee aaaaaarrrrre.... SCOTTISH CUP CHAMPIONS..... we know what we are!!!"

Dalianwanda
06-01-2017, 08:49 AM

I suppose if we have to wait to see how the players tempo is then this would be a decent amount of time :-) I see what your saying, but I think the crowd should be up for it way before the first kick of the ball..I think a slow tempo could calm the crowd down a bit but we shouldn't need to wait for a fast tempo to get us going (when I say us I'm counting me as part of the Hibs family, not the crowd, I'll be watching on telly :wink:)

hibbysam
06-01-2017, 09:00 AM

You said they need to start well with a high tempo to get the crowd going, that to me means you want the team to have a good opening (Which I have said is 5/10 minutes) before the crowd get going.

We as supporters should Support, that's our job. The players in turn will hopefully put in a performance.

Since1875Hibs
06-01-2017, 09:02 AM
You said they need to start well with a high tempo to get the crowd going, that to me means you want the team to have a good opening (Which I have said is 5/10 minutes) before the crowd get going.

We as supporters should Support, that's our job. The players in turn will hopefully put in a performance.

This. Get the place rocking from the moment they finish the warm up. That could very well give them an extra boost to ensure they come out all guns blazing whilst striking fear into United.

Keith_M
06-01-2017, 09:10 AM
I realise this is controversial, and I should put my tin hat on, but it would be nice if people turned up at the turnstyles in plenty of time to get in before the game starts.

With 16,000 fans n the home end, there's going to be massive queues at the gates if everybody decides to arrive at 7:40.

GreenCastle
06-01-2017, 09:25 AM
I realise this is controversial, and I should put my tin hat on, but it would be nice if people turned up at the turnstyles in plenty of time to get in before the game starts.

With 16,000 fans n the home end, there's going to be massive queues at the gates if everybody decides to arrive at 7:40.

Not controversial at all !

Makes sense but you will get the people who leave the pub last minute and the fans trying to find their seats who will stumble in late as always.

Going from past sell outs - the food stall queues aren't worth it and get there early to avoid any hassle getting in / missing kick off.

hibsbollah
06-01-2017, 09:33 AM

Totally agree. It wont happen though. Im disappointed not to be there tonight (I'm going for a BBC Alba images/Hibs TV audio combo in the house) but if I was going id be aiming to get there early. Its not even going to be that cold tonight so theres no excuse really.

fat freddy
06-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Just been reading one of the secret footballers books. There is a chapter on West Ham and how other teams enjoyed going to Upton Park as everyone knew that the fans would get on the players backs after 20 mins if they weren't winning and that affected them adversely.
I spoke to Jimmy Nic after his one game in charge and he was frustrated at our players because they would not try the things they did naturally in training for 'fear' of the crowd reaction. I brought this up on here and the majority said that anyone who couldn't handle some abuse from the stands shouldn't be a professional footballer and certainly should not play for us. Others said that they had paid their money so were entitled to abuse our players.
Fair enough but even if one players performance is affected then that could be the deciding factor as to whether we win or lose.
We ALL want to win the league so tonight can we get behind the team even if things don't go our way.

Each club has its own nuances when it comes to the support and how they react to the flow of a game, I believe it comes down to three factors, expectation, percieved playing style and history. West Ham fans have to live in the shadow of their more successful neighbours, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea, they also believe in playing a certain way which isnt always possible against superior opposition and they have it built into their DNA that they won the world cup in 66 as the England team had a spine of West Ham players. These factors and the clubs inability to go beyond mid table in the EPL leads to frustration in the stands which can lead to the players feeling pressurised during matches.

Hibs have a similar DNA, fans brought up on tales of the Famous Five, Turnbulls Tornadoes ect, a tradition of flair football (urban myth in my experience bar a couple of seasons), a European tradition / history, first European Cup semi finalists, defeats of Barcelona, Real Madrid amongst others, and long spells seen as less successful than our steroid enhanced neighbours in Gorgie. These factors have created an impatient, frustrated support with the players often feeling the brunt of that frustration. It takes a certain type of player to shine at clubs like Hibs and West Ham, players that arent fazed by negativity from the stands when the game isnt going to plan, players that can play through poor spells without their confidence being affected.

West Ham have come through a recent sticky spell and appear to be improving which suggests their players can handle the pressure, albeit they are no longer at Upton Park. Hibs have had a few poor results but last weeks performance at Falkirk suggests we are getting back on track, tonights match will tell us much about the character of the players.

Time For Heroes.

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2017, 10:08 AM

GGTTH

Spot on :flag: