PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: DUNDEE UNITED MATCH SOLD OUT

RSS Bot
05-01-2017, 09:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7140)

3pm
05-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Go on the Hibees!

Andy74
Boooo!!

BoomtownHibees
C'mon Hibs

B.H.F.C
05-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Let's do this Hibs. We can take a big step towards winning the league tomorrow IMO.

SunshineOnLeith
LIES! :grr:

Edit: Ok, it's gone, NOW it's sold out.

RIP
As much as I'm desperate for the club to return to the SPL who would have guessed how big our crowds would build prior to achieving promotion?

Andy74
05-01-2017, 09:48 PM
As much as I'm desperate for the club to return to the SPL who would have guessed how big our crowds would build prior to achieving promotion?

Playing for something is exciting.

I think crowds might drop if we went up. We'd soon be looking for heads if we weren't top 3!

Fans of other teams I know like Patrick prefer it when they are top end of the lower league than mid to bottom of top league.

This is why a league without Celtic and Rangers would work big time. A handful of teams at least playing for the league each year would create proper interest.

Jonnyboy
05-01-2017, 09:56 PM

I think crowds might drop if we went up. We'd soon be looking for heads if we weren't top 3!

Fans of other teams I know like Patrick prefer it when they are top end of the lower league than mid to bottom of top league.

This is why a league without Celtic and Rangers would work big time. A handful of teams at least playing for the league each year would create proper interest.

Agree 100% Andy. Others wont though :wink:

Bishop Hibee
05-01-2017, 09:59 PM

Spot on. Those predicting Armageddon when oldco went bust were sadly disappointed.

Now for the team to match the fans.

givescotlandfreedom
05-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Well done everyone. Hope for an electric ER atmosphere to blow the pretenders away.

Del Boy
05-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Spot on. Those predicting Armageddon when oldco went bust were sadly disappointed.

Now for the team to match the fans.

Scottish football would be fine without them. Look at crowds we are getting in a league with no old firm. When was the last time Dundee Utd brought 2500 fans to Easter Rd in prem lg?

snooky
05-01-2017, 10:24 PM

Doesn't need to be without them. We just need a more even distribution of the wealth so they don't have the financial power to step in and weaken any team that is a challenge to their comfort zone. They've done it for years. A bit of fairness in the official side of the game would go a long way too.
I'd wouldn't mind playing both the OF teams in a league with an even financial distribution and on a neutral refereeing basis. If they move to a bigger pond it would definitely dilute any 'Premier League' win with them not in contention. If they both did a Gretna, well that would work.
Ah, maybe someday. :pray:

Sir David Gray
05-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Pity we have chosen to leave empty seats in the south stand but to sell out the three home stands for a Championship match 2 weeks after Christmas, that's live on TV on a Friday night is pretty damn impressive.

Not bad for a wee team!

silverhibee
05-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Agree 100% Andy. Others wont though :wink:

I also think it would work to J, sadly we will never get the chance to see it happen, as we are stuck with the Rangers & Celtc as no one will ever take them, they can make noises about going down to England or European leagues, it will never happen for them.

silverhibee
05-01-2017, 10:34 PM
How can it be sold out when there is still empty seats in the away end.

Ronniekirk
05-01-2017, 10:47 PM
How can it be sold out when there is still empty seats in the away end.

We have Sold out all the Seats we can minus the ones that will be empty in the South ( different views on why this has come about ) and minus Season ticket Holders that dont turn up and couldnt be arsed teleasing thier seat for someone else So the Sell Out will still be possibly still have over two thousand empty seats
But we will be there roaring the boys onto Victory so i am going to stop fretting about Walk Ups that cant get in
I had intended bringing a few extra through and thougjt i could leave it to the last minute and walk up to the South But realised on Wednesday that was probably not on and got two on line So just be me and my Daughter now , but looking forward to this one

Nicho87
05-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Dundee Utd tweeted over 400 tickets remain from their 600 extra allocated which can be bought pay at the gate.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2017, 11:08 PM
Dundee Utd tweeted over 400 tickets remain from their 600 extra allocated which can be bought pay at the gate.

I don't know why Hibs don't just tell Dundee Utd that as many fans as it takes to fill up the rest of the south stand can purchase tickets up until kick off, since the decision's been made that there's to be no home fans in that stand.

Nicho87
05-01-2017, 11:12 PM
I don't know why Hibs don't just tell Dundee Utd that as many fans as it takes to fill up the rest of the south stand can purchase tickets up until kick off, since the decision's been made that there's to be no home fans in that stand.

Agree if you were a united fan you would be put off going as its worded as 400 and not a ticket more. Defo couple of cock ups with the tickets, a sell out in the 3 home stands but it should have been a 100% not a seat left game. Own goal hibs

silverhibee
05-01-2017, 11:17 PM
Did Utd pay for the extra 600 tickets upfront?

Mr_F
05-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Anyone without a ticket pay at the gate in the Utd end, once in move round to the bit where they're not sitting. Sorted :agree:

IrnBru22
05-01-2017, 11:25 PM
Im a student season ticket holder but i am away for the week. I gave my season ticket to my friend (who is also a student and has a valid id card) but i've been reading recently that people are getting cards confiscated because of the difference in names. Is there any way he can swap my ST for a paper ticket without me being there??

Sir David Gray
05-01-2017, 11:29 PM
Im a student season ticket holder but i am away for the week. I gave my season ticket to my friend (who is also a student and has a valid id card) but i've been reading recently that people are getting cards confiscated because of the difference in names. Is there any way he can swap my ST for a paper ticket without me being there??

As long as you're swapping with someone who's the same gender as you, it should be fine.

Mr_F
05-01-2017, 11:30 PM

Have you verified your studentness with Hibs already?

IrnBru22
05-01-2017, 11:31 PM
As long as you're swapping with someone who's the same gender as you, it should be fine.

I thought they check the name on season ticket against the name on student card?

Sir David Gray
05-01-2017, 11:34 PM
I thought they check the name on season ticket against the name on student card?

I wouldn't have thought they would do that at the turnstiles. They would only do that at the ticket office when you're purchasing tickets.

As far as I'm aware, it's not a condition of entry to carry your student card with you to a game. You need to show it to receive the season ticket in the first place but not at each match.

silverhibee
05-01-2017, 11:34 PM

With the big crowd I doubt these checks will take place.

California-Hibs
05-01-2017, 11:41 PM
A sell out on...

Cold winter Friday night
Live on the tv
In the Championship
Involving a team outwith Hearts, Celtic, Rangers, or Europe

Bloody right it's impressive!!

10/10 from the fans! Teams would kill to have the kind of fan base we have!

IrnBru22
05-01-2017, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't have thought they would do that at the turnstiles. They would only do that at the ticket office when you're purchasing tickets.

As far as I'm aware, it's not a condition of entry to carry your student card with you to a game. You need to show it to receive the season ticket in the first place but not at each match.

Past 5 or so games ive had my student card checked at the turnstile

McD
05-01-2017, 11:45 PM

:agree: Totally agree.

When the non-rantic 10 of the SPL were threatening to give their 2 years notice and leave the league, I was all for it. Get rid of the pair of them

McD
05-01-2017, 11:48 PM

Total guesswork...police and stewarding requirements already allocated based on that number (including those already sold)?

Sir David Gray
05-01-2017, 11:52 PM

Oh right fair enough.

I don't think they would have any grounds to deny you access to the stadium if you didn't show them the card or you didn't happen to have it on you. As I said, I'm pretty certain it's not a condition of entry.

hibbymac
06-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Oh right fair enough.

I don't think they would have any grounds to deny you access to the stadium if you didn't show them the card or you didn't happen to have it on you. As I said, I'm pretty certain it's not a condition of entry.

Copied from the official site. :aok:

Terms & Conditions - Season Tickets - 2016/2017
1. For all concessions purchased we must see proof of eligibility (see criteria below) and you will collect from the ticket office. Alternatively, you can scan your proof of identity to us at: tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk

2. Supporters should bring proof of eligibility/identity to matches as gate checks and verification will be in operation. The club reserve the right to refuse admission if eligibility/identify cannot be verified.

Jones28
06-01-2017, 08:25 AM

Me too - had mine checked up to 4 times per match

JimBHibees
06-01-2017, 08:52 AM
Does seem nonsensical that there is likely to be 1800 vacant seats and game is being called a sell out. Proper explanation should be given.

Andy74
06-01-2017, 09:16 AM
Does seem nonsensical that there is likely to be 1800 vacant seats and game is being called a sell out. Proper explanation should be given.

The headline might seem to suggest that but all they are saying is that it is sold out in terms of home tickets no longer being available. We don't generally use the away end and so whilst it might have been nice to do so I don't think there is any explanation required.

scoopyboy
06-01-2017, 09:33 AM

I'm being pedantic perhaps but it wont be as high as 1800.

End holds 3800 approx. and Utd will shift around 2500 which will leave 1300. Segregation no zone would have to be applied which would probably be another 300.

My estimate would be 1000 seats that could have been used will lie empty.

Having said that if I was a Hibs fan that was desperate to see the game but didn't have a ticket I would go to the South Stand pod and buy a ticket before the game. I'd be amazed if this didn't happen.

flash
06-01-2017, 09:52 AM
4 showing in FF stand.

flash
06-01-2017, 09:53 AM

Moulin Yarns
06-01-2017, 09:56 AM
8 available dotted about all 3 stands

BlackSheep
06-01-2017, 10:00 AM
12 now....

Keith_M
06-01-2017, 10:01 AM
I'm being pedantic perhaps but it wont be as high as 1800.

End holds 3800 approx. and Utd will shift around 2500 which will leave 1300. Segregation no zone would have to be applied which would probably be another 300.

My estimate would be 1000 seats that could have been used will lie empty.

Having said that if I was a Hibs fan that was desperate to see the game but didn't have a ticket I would go to the South Stand pod and buy a ticket before the game. I'd be amazed if this didn't happen.

They've only sold 2,100 so far, Scoops.

Maybe if Hibs had given them a smaller additional allocation instead of the full 600, they might have been able to segregate the South Stand.

It's all speculation, though, and what we do know for definite is that it's going to be a really good crowd, with over 18,000 tickets already sold.

Moulin Yarns
06-01-2017, 10:04 AM
12 now....

14 now. I can see this changing while season ticket seats become available.

Anyone still looking for tickets should get on the phone or online to secure those coming free.

JeMeSouviens
06-01-2017, 10:34 AM

This is true but we were well in the hunt for promotion this time last year with much smaller crowds. Clearly the cup win has been a special extraordinary circumstance unique to us that has thrown the club a lifeline. Let's hope they grab a good firm hold on it tonight.

Hibernia&Alba
06-01-2017, 10:36 AM
Superb effort from the support. How many times has the current capacity been sold out before? Twice maybe?

JeMeSouviens
06-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Superb effort from the support. How many times has the current capacity been sold out before? Twice maybe?

In terms of how many times have Hibs fans sold out the E/W/FF since the east was rebuilt, I think this is the 4th time:

v Hearts, NY derby under Terry Arseface
v Hamilton, play off 2nd leg
v Hearts, cup replay
Tonight

Hibernia&Alba
06-01-2017, 10:48 AM
In terms of how many times have Hibs fans sold out the E/W/FF since the east was rebuilt, I think this is the 4th time:

v Hearts, NY derby under Terry Arseface
v Hamilton, play off 2nd leg
v Hearts, cup replay
Tonight

Cheers for that. Great work by the fans for tonight, in that context.

RoYO!
06-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Get there early everyone- the checks are definitely slowing access. My card didn't scan properly (along with others) and that also slowed things down.

scoopyboy
06-01-2017, 11:08 AM
They've only sold 2,100 so far, Scoops.

Maybe if Hibs had given them a smaller additional allocation instead of the full 600, they might have been able to segregate the South Stand.

It's all speculation, though, and what we do know for definite is that it's going to be a really good crowd, with over 18,000 tickets already sold.

Agreed 2,100 so far but this could climb to 2500 with sales in Dundee today and at ER tonight.

Really looking forward to it, big game, huge Hibs support and under floodlights. Bring it on.

JimBHibees
06-01-2017, 11:10 AM
The headline might seem to suggest that but all they are saying is that it is sold out in terms of home tickets no longer being available. We don't generally use the away end and so whilst it might have been nice to do so I don't think there is any explanation required.

I think there should be an explanation why one of the stands will be just below half empty which could have been used for home fans tonight. You would have thought a walk up cash option for home fans could have been used.

col02
06-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Can anyone of a certain vintage tell me what games used to be like before segregation came into play at football? I find it a shame that football fans have to be treated like cattle but I guess it's a minority that ruin it for everyone.

Peevemor
06-01-2017, 11:18 AM
I think there should be an explanation why one of the stands will be just below half empty which could have been used for home fans tonight. You would have thought a walk up cash option for home fans could have been used.

The explanation has already been given.

Please note that tickets will not be available to Hibernian supporters in the South Stand for Friday night due to advanced segregation arrangements.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7136

mim
06-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Can anyone of a certain vintage tell me what games used to be like before segregation came into play at football? I find it a shame that football fans have to be treated like cattle but I guess it's a minority that ruin it for everyone.

Games were great. New Year especially, when Hibs and Hearts supporters would pass their bottles to each other to toast New Year.
There was always an unpleasant air when the Huns visited however.

Moulin Yarns
06-01-2017, 11:29 AM
Games were great. New Year especially, when Hibs and Hearts supporters would pass their bottles to each other to toast New Year.

Bottles raining down in the 'Cave' (AKA coo shed)

tamig
06-01-2017, 11:29 AM

As someone has already mentioned, there are likely to be only around 1000 empty seats max. That's a good bit fewer than just below half empty. The tickets have been on sale for a while so I'm not sure why anybody who really wanted to go would be left without a ticket at this late stage and what kind of explanation would you be expecting from the club? Do you expect them to shell out for additional security to handle the segregation arrangements in the South which would have to be put in place for the benefit of what could amount to as few as a couple of dozen fans?

hibs0666
06-01-2017, 12:25 PM
As someone has already mentioned, there are likely to be only around 1000 empty seats max. That's a good bit fewer than just below half empty. The tickets have been on sale for a while so I'm not sure why anybody who really wanted to go would be left without a ticket at this late stage and what kind of explanation would you be expecting from the club? Do you expect them to shell out for additional security to handle the segregation arrangements in the South which would have to be put in place for the benefit of what could amount to as few as a couple of dozen fans?

The south stand holds around 3,900 and so there will be somewhere between 1,400 and 1,700 empty seats tonight. As a result we are looking at an attendance of between 18,500 and 18,900.

JimBHibees
06-01-2017, 12:27 PM
The explanation has already been given.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7136

Any idea what that means? :greengrin

Bristolhibby
06-01-2017, 12:29 PM
The south stand holds around 3,900 and so there will be somewhere between 1,400 and 1,700 empty seats tonight. As a result we are looking at an attendance of between 18,500 and 18,900.

Is there a cash gate for Dundee Utd in the South Stand? If so could be much less spare seats.

J

JimBHibees
06-01-2017, 12:33 PM

Maybe it wouldn't be a couple of dozen fans. United have only sold 2100 tickets so 1800 remain. Appreciate some would need to be given up for segregation so could be as much as 1500 available. Just seems a little odd that a few more stewards and a couple of plastic sheets to segregate couldn't have been used. Possibly use East stand pod and open gate at east stand for easier access to South. It isn't River plate and Boca juniors who are playing. Explanation I was getting at would be is this a club decision or a police decision.

scoopyboy
06-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Is there a cash gate for Dundee Utd in the South Stand? If so could be much less spare seats.

J

Yes and yes.

cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2017, 12:37 PM

this also happened after segregation....sometimes the bottles were empty though

Sergey
06-01-2017, 12:38 PM
Apologies if already posted, but an excellent article is on the BBC site by Tom English.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38526398

hibs0666
06-01-2017, 12:39 PM

J

Dundee united have have loads of spare tickets. The only way that there is going to be more people in the south stand is if the 'advanced segregation' quoted by Leeann fails, and the place is full of Hibs.

1875Hibees
06-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Yes and yes.I thought by that they meant that the remaining tickets that Dundee United havent sold, ie the 600 extra they got given, will be on sale at the gates. Not the other 1000 tickets. Might be wrong though.

Famous Fiver
06-01-2017, 01:29 PM
The obituaries to the game in Scotland written by Doncaster or Regan, or was it both, are being spectacularly shown up to be idiotic.

Not an Old (New) Firm in sight, not even the top league, and we have a sell out and the biggest attendance outside a rantic involvement in Scotland all season. TV cameras lined up and I am sure even a few jealous Jambos will be tuning in.

Perhaps one or both could now publicly apologise for their lunacy.

Get Rantic out of our game and let it flourish!!

WhileTheChief..
06-01-2017, 01:55 PM
^^^
Really? You don't miss games against the old firm teams??

No Rangers or Celtic means more games against Hamilton and Partick and the likes.

One of the reasons I want us promoted is to play against the best teams in the country. I look out for a game against one of the old firm more so than against Killie etc. I reckon most folk do.

A 3-0 win at Ibrox or Parkhead feels special. Not so much at New Douglas Park.

Andy74
06-01-2017, 02:00 PM
^^^
Really? You don't miss games against the old firm teams??

No Rangers or Celtic means more games against Hamilton and Partick and the likes.

One of the reasons I want us promoted is to play against the best teams in the country. I look out for a game against one of the old firm more so than against Killie etc. I reckon most folk do.

A 3-0 win at Ibrox or Parkhead feels special. Not so much at New Douglas Park.

No I don't and with the best will in the world winning in those games was a good one off but rarely meant anything in a league sense.

We would be playing Hamilton and Killie anyway I suspect so don't see what your point is about those games.

Instead of meaningless old firm games we could have more games like tonight, games where you could be playing for the title - and I suspect those teams would be more changeable than the same one or two each year.

The crowds suggest that this sort of game is more attractive.

NAE NOOKIE
06-01-2017, 02:16 PM
No I don't and with the best will in the world winning in those games was a good one off but rarely meant anything in a league sense.

We would be playing Hamilton and Killie anyway I suspect so don't see what your point is about those games.

Instead of meaningless old firm games we could have more games like tonight, games where you could be playing for the title - and I suspect those teams would be more changeable than the same one or two each year.

The crowds suggest that this sort of game is more attractive.

The solution has always been simple. Both OF teams fans swear that the politics and bigotry driven elements of their support are a minority ..... split each club into two, one of them the preserve of the Celtic / Sevco fans who are happy to be upfront about their bigotry and one for the 'I'm just a fitba fan' element ..... they could ground share :greengrin