PDA

View Full Version : McGinn could be back for Friday's game!

where'stheslope
05-01-2017, 06:15 PM
On STV news that John McGinn is back to full training and could be available for Dundee United game!

They interviewed Neil Lennon and he said the only worry was Fyvie, and Rockie was back in training also.

Seems it's all coming together nicely for the long run in!!!

Enough said
05-01-2017, 06:22 PM
On STV news that John McGinn is back to full training and could be available for Dundee United game!

They interviewed Neil Lennon and he said the only worry was Fyvie, and Rockie was back in training also.

Seems it's all coming together nicely for the long run in!!!

Johns not been injured he had a small op , so hopefully he is ready.

HibbySpurs
05-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Would be a big boost but with Commons in the team for this game at least no need to take any undue risks IMO.

HibsNutter
05-01-2017, 06:28 PM
In for Shinnie if ready, think he'll come good eventually and being dropped may do him good.

Enough said
05-01-2017, 06:36 PM
he had a broken bone in his foot, he played with it for 8 weeks before the op.

Correct hence the reason he wasn't injured!!

houstonhibbee
05-01-2017, 06:36 PM
In for Shinnie if ready, think he'll come good eventually and being dropped may do him good.
I thought Shinnie was only here until Jan. Is he here to end of the season now?

hibsbollah
05-01-2017, 06:40 PM

Are you after Pedant of the Year Award?
Of course he had an injury. Hence the op.

I would always err on the side of caution with a players health but it would be great to see him tomorrow.

HibsNutter
05-01-2017, 06:41 PM
I thought Shinnie was only here until Jan. Is he here to end of the season now?

Season-long loan

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2017, 06:43 PM
If the medical team and the player think he's fit enough to start tomorrow, then get him in.

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2017, 06:46 PM
If the medical team and the player think he's fit enough to start tomorrow, then get him in.

Too right. Even if only for part of the game. He'll be hungry and ready to get tore into them.

Lee Marvin
05-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Mcginn will play tomorrow I reckon. However it will probably be at the expense of Martin, not shinnie

HoboHarry
05-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Thought it was some kind of build up on his ankle bone?

bingo70
05-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Mcginn will play tomorrow I reckon. However it will probably be at the expense of Martin, not shinnie

I think the suggestion was that Humphrie will come in for shinnie and McGinn will come in for Martin.

I don't think I'd start with McGinn yet, start him on the bench and great impact sub to come on if we're struggling.

Andy74
05-01-2017, 07:24 PM

Don't think so. It was a build up of stuff on the bone. He should be fit to go once the op wound has healed. He isn't going to have a previous injury he can make worse or anything.

coldingham hibs
05-01-2017, 07:40 PM

Shinnie was our best player at Tannadice. He has some faults but he is one of our most creative players. I think he gets undue stick on here.

Enough said
05-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Don't think so. It was a build up of stuff on the bone. He should be fit to go once the op wound has healed. He isn't going to have a previous injury he can make worse or anything.

Thanks mate 👍🏻

jacomo
05-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Shinnie was our best player at Tannadice. He has some faults but he is one of our most creative players. I think he gets undue stick on here.

Aye but it's harder to see him and Commons in the same team, no?

hibsbollah
05-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Aye but it's harder to see him and Commons in the same team, no?

Commons is the first name on the teamsheet, especially after Falkirk. I have a feeling Shinnie will drop to the bench.

Enough said
05-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Commons is the first name on the teamsheet, especially after Falkirk. I have a feeling Shinnie will drop to the bench.

No chance , Lennon loves shinnie

hibsboy69
05-01-2017, 08:13 PM
No chance , Lennon loves shinnie

So do I !

Shinnie is class, talented lad who makes things happen. :agree:

3pm
05-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Pleasantly surprised.

Watching him training at Falkirk, he didn't give the impression he was up to speed so good news.

neil7908
05-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Wouldn't love to see John back and I think he's the kind of player that can slip back into the team easier than others so expect him to start.

I'm interested to see the formation we'll play. Once Fyvie is back we are really blessed with some amazing options in midfield. But I still worry we're unbalanced. Humphreys seems like a great signing but presuming he starts on the right, how will the rest of our midfield take shape?

We still lack a natural left midfielder so I wonder if we'll go 4-4-2 with someone (McGinn?) out of position on the left and Commons and McGeouch in the middle.

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2017, 08:26 PM

I agree. Don't get the Shinnie hate in. Doesn't always happen for him, but he has a bit of football about him.

hibsboy69
05-01-2017, 08:39 PM
I agree. Don't get the Shinnie hate in. Doesn't always happen for him, but he has a bit of football about him.

Correct Robert :top marks

northstandhibby
05-01-2017, 08:43 PM

:top marks

I concur!!!

Has a very decent footballing ability and has sometimes been the only forward thinking midfielder when Fyvie and SJM have been out of action. I like him a lot.

Glory Glory

Marco G
05-01-2017, 08:58 PM
I like that he always shows and never hides. Glad he made sure his loan was for full season, shows his committment.

Lennon stated that McGinn needed op to clean out a build up of calcified tissue leading to a lot of pain. He should be back to 100% now he does not need to protect the painful area any more, so we will get the old John McGinn back again!

NAE NOOKIE
05-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Personally I wouldn't chuck McGinn straight in .... has he even kicked a ball in anger since his operation? The same with Humphrey, how many games has he played this season?

Both on the bench for me and put them on if things aint going our way.

monktonharp
05-01-2017, 11:23 PM
if there is a decision to drop someone and bring either McGinn or Humphreys in mine would be Shinnie. I liked the look of him when he came on as sub against the Buddies, and scored iirc. he's faded a bit although he controls the ball well. the problem for me is that he can hover around the 18yd box without the final drive, so drop him and bring in a natural and fast right sided player, Humphreys at least to start. don't think United would like someone with speed tearing down that side

hibby6270
05-01-2017, 11:33 PM
if there is a decision to drop someone and bring either McGinn or Humphreys in mine would be Shinnie. I liked the look of him when he came on as sub against the Buddies, and scored iirc. he's faded a bit although he controls the ball well. the problem for me is that he can hover around the 18yd box without the final drive, so drop him and bring in a natural and fast right sided player, Humphreys at least to start. don't think United would like someone with speed tearing down that side

It's Humphrey!! No s. No ies. No ie. No other variation.

hibby6270
05-01-2017, 11:35 PM
I think the suggestion was that Humphrie will come in for shinnie and McGinn will come in for Martin.

I don't think I'd start with McGinn yet, start him on the bench and great impact sub to come on if we're struggling.

It's Humphrey!! No s. No ie. No ies. No other variation.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2017, 11:37 PM

Someone who requires surgery to solve a problem with a bone would fall into the bracket of "injured" for me.

Craigmount Hibs
05-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Based on Neil Lennon's interview today, seems likely SJM will start on the bench. Commons apparently has a heavy cold, which might mean Humphrey starts in his place - although I would play Keatings in such an important game.