PDA

View Full Version : Time for Heroes DVD

lyonhibs
05-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Whilst there's a thread mentioning issues with certain discs etc etc but this merits a thread of its own.

Disc 1 is to most beautiful, astounding, emotional thing ever committed to film whether film or documentary, fiction or non.

GGTTH on the piano taps into a hitherto undiscovered nerve that's directly connected to my tear ducts. Petrie choking up as well.

Wonderful cinema.

brianmc
05-01-2017, 06:50 PM
I would be inclined to agree!

bigwheel
05-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Whilst there's a thread mentioning issues with certain discs etc etc but this merits a thread of its own.

Disc 1 is to most beautiful, astounding, emotional thing ever committed to film whether film or documentary, fiction or non.

GGTTH on the piano taps into a hitherto undiscovered nerve that's directly connected to my tear ducts. Petrie choking up as well.

Wonderful cinema.

I second that emotion...

HibsNutter
05-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Do we ever play Time for Heroes by the Libertines before the games? Never arrive early enough to know.

Newry Hibs
05-01-2017, 07:02 PM
So erm.... Is the DVD still available? Can't see it on the shop website.

Hibee87
05-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Do we ever play Time for Heroes by the Libertines before the games? Never arrive early enough to know.

I've never heard it, but I'm not usually that early. Would be a great tune though to play 👍

EH54
05-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Newry the dvd was still on sale in the shop at our last home game

FranckSuzy
05-01-2017, 07:15 PM

Wonderful cinema.

Reading your post had me nearly greetin'! :greengrin Agree with everything you said 100% :aok:

Stantons Angel
05-01-2017, 07:53 PM

Wonderful cinema.

have to agree with you 100%.

I bought it for my son when it first came out and even he cried when he watched it..... couldnt believe Petrie was so emotional.

A great bit of work loved by so many!

Onion
05-01-2017, 08:04 PM
The women in our family have little interest in football, but they were all captivated by the Hibs DVD. They love a good documentary and this ranks up there with the best.

The DVD & great story of Hibs quest transcends football:flag:

Cat Stanton
05-01-2017, 08:25 PM
So erm.... Is the DVD still available? Can't see it on the shop website.

Out of stock. I emailed and they replied yesterday saying they will be getting more in, and just to keep an eye on the website.

The fact that I am buying my own copy after waiting for Christmas is the final proof that Santa is a useless, selfish ****er.

McD
05-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Out of stock. I emailed and they replied yesterday saying they will be getting more in, and just to keep an eye on the website.

The fact that I am buying my own copy after waiting for Christmas is the final proof that Santa is a useless, selfish ****er.

😂

allezsauzee
05-01-2017, 08:33 PM
have to agree with you 100%.

I bought it for my son when it first came out and even he cried when he watched it..... couldnt believe Petrie was so emotional.

A great bit of work loved by so many!

Was it the thought of milking the cup win for all the cash that he could that brought a tear to his eye? :greengrin

I do agree with the OP though. I love the DVD and it had me greetin again

Newry Hibs
05-01-2017, 08:34 PM

This!

jakedance
05-01-2017, 08:37 PM
I was in the club shop today and I overheard the gadgie telling someone we'd sold 12,000.

stoneyburn hibs
05-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Got it for my son as an Xmas present, we've still to watch it. Work and other things have been in the way.

Carheenlea
05-01-2017, 09:04 PM
One moment in particular that had the hairs standing was listening to Alan Stubbs geeing up the players for extra time in the semi. Not something you really get to see, and was a powerful watch.

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2017, 09:13 PM
One moment in particular that had the hairs standing was listening to Alan Stubbs geeing up the players for extra time in the semi. Not something you really get to see, and was a powerful watch.

:agree: compared to the United boys who looked disinterested.

Lago
05-01-2017, 09:46 PM

Got as a christmas present from my Son and its TERRIFIC!

2016 Delivered
05-01-2017, 09:53 PM
There will be no greater DVD ever.

John Plunkett
05-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Watched the DVD at 9pm on Xmas Day and enjoyed it that much I watched it again at 9pm on Boxing Day. An absolute classic. Jason Cummings superb and the rest of the team/squad/management staff equally as good. A great bit of business form the club as well and just to top it off my wife (who is a jambo) bought me the DVD for my Xmas. GGTTH !!

Andy74
05-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Thought it was rubbish. You could pretty much tell from the beginning what was going to happen.

itslegaltender
05-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Watched the DVD at 9pm on Xmas Day and enjoyed it that much I watched it again at 9pm on Boxing Day. An absolute classic. Jason Cummings superb and the rest of the team/squad/management staff equally as good. A great bit of business form the club as well and just to top it off my wife (who is a jambo) bought me the DVD for my Xmas. GGTTH !!

wondering how many Hibee Christmas days finished with the DVD on the tv? Agree the moment with the slow GGTTH is really emotional, especially with a few Blanton Bourbons inside me. The scenes of the crowd reacting to the winning goal is simply marvelllous and I cant get enough of that scene with Logan in front of thousands of Hibees cheering the first goal.

2016 Delivered
05-01-2017, 10:14 PM
It's back on now. No need for Stubbsys Everton top though :greengrin That team photo knowing what they went on to win. The Big Dom goal at Starks, Greegsy scoring with his feet :greengrin. Would love Doolan back too. Have a feeling he will be a top manager.

essexhibee
05-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Even the trailer gets me going....

https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/791232934292312064

2016 Delivered
05-01-2017, 10:52 PM

Where I'm at now mate. Henderson knowing JC was going to do something different and him sticking up for him. Them Hendo and McGinn ****ting themselves he was going to do it again. :greengrin

Fyvie was brilliant against Dundee Utd. He looks scary in his interviews though.

#bebrave

2016 Delivered
05-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Mixu - "dont change your mind, choose and drill it" Aye big man, hash broon against Hearts last min in 2001 ( think)
What a peno Paul Hanlon :top marks

Sir David Gray
05-01-2017, 11:05 PM
I was halfway through watching it but Andy Halliday spoiled it by getting the winning goal in the final.

To think it was advertised as a cup winning DVD as well - conning *******s. :rolleyes:

2016 Delivered
05-01-2017, 11:14 PM
I was halfway through watching it but Andy Halliday spoiled it by getting the winning goal in the final.

To think it was advertised as a cup winning DVD as well - conning *******s. :rolleyes:

One feels a song coming on... :wink:

bigstu
05-01-2017, 11:15 PM
i couldn't agree more, the best DVD I have ever seen.

Conrad Logan is my new hero!

SteveHFC
06-01-2017, 12:10 AM
Anyone know the name of the song they used for the background when showing the Raith highlights on the dvd?

hibby6270
06-01-2017, 12:24 AM
I was in the club shop today and I overheard the gadgie telling someone we'd sold 12,000.

Sure 22,000 was quoted in another thread. Could be wrong but either way it's a damn impressive number.

SaulGoodman
06-01-2017, 01:16 AM
Funniest bit for me was Logan saying he asked the official behind the goal "How long left"

"A minute"

"Well it'll be 30 seconds once I take this goal kick"

:hilarious

Swedish hibee
06-01-2017, 02:41 AM
I got it for Christmas.. and haven't watched it yet!!!!!!
Life has been very hetic over the holidays, and I was waiting for the day I've got nothing on & can watch it from start to finish with nobody annoying me- sadly I haven't had that yet, but soon... Cannot wait.

Billy McKirdy
06-01-2017, 03:36 AM
Just finished watching it all.

Time For Heroes is a beautifully told story of one of the best weekends of my life as a Hibs fan.

I found myself crying with joy frequently over the 3 hours it lasts, one of the most dramatic games in the history of the game and our club, our team, our family of fans were the well deserved and long overdue victory.

This day will never be taken away from any of us and those of us lucky to actually be there will treasure our memories till the day we die.

There's something special happened to this club as a result of this cup win and I've got no doubts we're heading back into the top flight next season and not just to make up the numbers, the potential that this sleeping giant of a club has unleashed through this win is just around the corner.

That's how good this dvd is.

We're on our way back again.

GGTTH :flag::flag::flag:

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2017, 04:49 AM
Dislike people who say that Petrie's tears were fake. Trust me, they were genuine enough.

He accidentally spilled a cup of coffee over his nice neat accounts ledger just before they started filming.

Northernhibee
06-01-2017, 07:43 AM
Anyone know the name of the song they used for the background when showing the Raith highlights on the dvd?

Too Drunk To **** by the Dead Kennedys.

haagsehibby
06-01-2017, 10:18 AM
First chance I've had to watch it was yesterday and it is fab. The interviews are brilliant, a particular highlight being LS's inability to pronounce "admirably" :wink:

Too many other highlights to mention but this will be given many viewings.

lyonhibs
06-01-2017, 11:01 AM
First chance I've had to watch it was yesterday and it is fab. The interviews are brilliant, a particular highlight being LS's inability to pronounce "admirably" :wink:

Too many other highlights to mention but this will be given many viewings.

Even more hilarious that it was Darren McGregor that couldn't say it

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2017, 01:42 PM

From a distance they do look alike though.

How far away is the boy sitting from his telly?

haagsehibby
06-01-2017, 01:54 PM

Tbf when I wrote it I did wonder if it was Darren but couldn't be ersed to check :cb I was sure that if I was wrong then someone would correct my error!

jakedance
06-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Sure 22,000 was quoted in another thread. Could be wrong but either way it's a damn impressive number.

I was eavesdropping so could be wrong.

BullsCloseHibs
06-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Dislike people who say that Petrie's tears were fake. Trust me, they were genuine enough.

He accidentally spilled a cup of coffee over his nice neat accounts ledger just before they started filming.

I wondered that too🙄

06-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Unbelievable DVD. I must have watched it about about a million times and i'm yet to make it thru it without bubbling. What a story.

The Petrie moment was particularly moving.

Eyrie
06-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Too Drunk To **** by the Dead Kennedys.
:thumbsup:

I got it for Christmas.. and haven't watched it yet!!!!!!
Life has been very hetic over the holidays, and I was waiting for the day I've got nothing on & can watch it from start to finish with nobody annoying me- sadly I haven't had that yet, but soon... Cannot wait.
You won't care about missing three hours sleep if you watch the first DVD instead.