PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: DUNDEE UTD TICKET UPDATE

RSS Bot
05-01-2017, 10:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7136)

greenginger
05-01-2017, 10:15 AM
No Hibs supporters in the South due to " advanced segregation arrangements ".

Sounds like Police Scotland Glasgow Ltd have said us pitch invaders and rioters canny be trusted to sit in the same stand as the opposition support.

Nicho87
05-01-2017, 10:16 AM
Seems hibs underestimated the uptake in tickets from our fans.

Pretty Boy
05-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Surely we aren't in a situation where we are turning away Hibs fans because we have underestimated demand and accomodated more away fans in their place?

Hibernia&Alba
05-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Surely we aren't in a situation where we are turning away Hibs fans because we have underestimated demand and accomodated more away fans in their place?

It would be bizarre, wouldn't it, given the effort of recent years to improve attendances?

Ronniekirk
05-01-2017, 10:29 AM

Would like the fans Reps to clarify the position as how this has come about If its at all been down to a Police recommendation then i think we deserve to know
The fact they only got an initial allocation of 1 900 suggests we were thinking of our own fans being allowed in the South The Falkirk win should of been the clincher for that to be the case So when did united ask for more and when did we agree to this ?

Hibeewilly
A total missed opportunity. After the weekend results the Club should have known demand would be extremely high

adhibs
Dempster needs to explain her decisions on this. Ridiculous that we have them more tickets rather than kept them for our own support.

Nicho87
05-01-2017, 10:33 AM
Theres been a baws up somewhere. We agreed to the 600 extra to utd 2 days ago was it? Why did hibs not realise ticket sales plus walk ups would carry us over to south stand. Dempster has made a mistake here.

Pretty Boy
05-01-2017, 10:33 AM
Would like the fans Reps to clarify the position as how this has come about If its at all been down to a Police recommendation then i think we deserve to know
The fact they only got an initial allocation of 1 900 suggests we were thinking of our own fans being allowed in the South The Falkirk win should of been the clincher for that to be the case So when did united ask for more and when did we agree to this ?

Way I see it is if Hibs sales had dried up they could have had 1500 or so tickets available for Utd fans at the pods.

Giving them the tickets when the Hibs end was selling well and on the back of a great result at the weekend just seems a mistake to me. People were predicting close to a sell out even before the Falkirk game based on the way sales were looking.

Col2
05-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Own goal. Was it really that difficult to predict a home fans sell out given we have been within c1000 on average in most home games. A top of the table clash, Friday night under the floodlights......

The segregation point is a direct reflection of giving untitled too many tickets (in hindsight).

So assuming at best United have 2500 ticket sales we now have 1500 seats unsold likely demand prior to the game and walk up on the day will be disappointed.

Not a great story.

However the game is more important. So come on Hibs lets get 3 points.

Hibbyradge
05-01-2017, 10:34 AM
No one has been refused a ticket yet and I doubt very much that anyone will be.

If it does happen, it'll be a miniscule number.

green&left
05-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Only Hibs could have a sellout over 24hrs before kick-off and have 1400+ seats laying empty. Quite unbelievable really.

Nicho87
05-01-2017, 10:35 AM
No one has been refused a ticket yet and I very much doubt if anyone will be.

If it does happen, it'll be a miniscule number.

Well the point im making potential walk ups wont be refused cause they wont bother coming.

Hibbyradge
05-01-2017, 10:40 AM
Well the point im making potential walk ups wont be refused cause they wont bother coming.

Most walk ups, if not all, will have bought a ticket.

Nicho87
05-01-2017, 10:42 AM
Most walk ups, if not all, will have bought a ticket.

Hope so too mate. Just will be annoying if theees empty seats in the south and home fans have been refused entry. All good intentions.

Ronniekirk
05-01-2017, 10:46 AM

Think by end of today the club will need to issue statement re walkups
I think if its a cold but dry night thete woul d have been a few hundred at least as this is being seen as a posdible Championship decider game ( too early i know ) but if they win they go back on top and thats what makes this an exciting game to want to be at
United fans lnow this and are clearly intent on backing thier team Rightly so but thier are bound to be fans that normally walk up a d cant print at home who have been cuaght out as they were under the impression the South would be opened up
I take Hibby Radges point but by the end of today i think thier will be people who cant get tickets
I wouldn't sell my two even if offerred crazy money I want to be there in person

Andy74
05-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Only Hibs could have a sellout over 24hrs before kick-off and have 1400+ seats laying empty. Quite unbelievable really.

It's not really unbelievable - I'm sure its quite common for home ends to sell out for games and not the away end.

It's nice that we sometimes have the option of selling some of those away end tickets to home fans but I think on this occasion demand from the away team was always likely to be pretty good too - maybe not enough to sell the whole end but enough to make the decision a bit awkward.

I'm sure just about everyone that wants a ticket has got one.

Arch Stanton
05-01-2017, 10:54 AM

And you don't think maybe it's the potential walk-ups who have been mopping up the tickets? I can hardly imagine there would be many thinking they could just walk up and get a ticket on the day.

To be honest I doubt if this decision will affect the club much financially if at all. Providing an oversupply of tickets would have stopped all this Full House excitement and also the ticket scramble.

Hibeewilly
05-01-2017, 10:54 AM
The fact is that these sponsors returns tickets and ST holders tickets where they are being released for sale are disappearing as fast as they go on the ticketing site. That shows demand is still strong. I feel the same as others on this thread that if there is going to be 1400 or so empty seats its a spectacular own goal. Potential income down the drain:rolleyes:

GreenCastle
05-01-2017, 10:56 AM
People need to calm down.

If Hibs fans wanted to go to this game they have had a lots of opportunities to do so for a long time.

Season Tickets
Half Season Tickets
Online sale etc

The South Stand is usually the away end - it is again this time.

There has been more demand from Hibs fans than previous games but I would prefer the fans filled the 3 home stands on a regular basis than moan every so often when a big game comes around that there isn't 1000 extra seats made available in the South.

Mathias Jack
05-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Think by end of today the club will need to issue statement re walkups
I think if its a cold but dry night thete woul d have been a few hundred at least as this is being seen as a posdible Championship decider game ( too early i know ) but if they win they go back on top and thats what makes this an exciting game to want to be at
United fans lnow this and are clearly intent on backing thier team Rightly so but thier are bound to be fans that normally walk up a d cant print at home who have been cuaght out as they were under the impression the South would be opened up
I take Hibby Radges point but by the end of today i think thier will be people who cant get tickets
I wouldn't sell my two even if offerred crazy money I want to be there in person

I'm annoyed at the amateurish way we've dealt with this, totally missed opportunity by the club here. Hope the fans reps mention this to the club at the next meeting.

These tickets have been on sale way in advance. Over the phone, on the website, or in person at the ticket office; there's been more than enough time for folk that wanted a ticket, to get one. I'd be surprised if there was any statement as regards walk ups.

Peevemor
05-01-2017, 10:59 AM
I'm annoyed at the amateurish way we've dealt with this, totally missed opportunity by the club here. Hope the fans reps mention this to the club at the next meeting.

Nonsense

These tickets have been on sale way in advance. Over the phone, on the website, or in person at the ticket office; there's been more than enough time for folk that wanted a ticket, to get one. I'd be surprised if there was any statement as regards walk ups.

Why? I'm pretty certain that Hibs will confirm the sell-out later today and announce that there will be no walk-ups (unless they've kept tickets aside - which I doubt).

JeMeSouviens
05-01-2017, 10:59 AM
https://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

Ronniekirk
05-01-2017, 11:00 AM

The statement would simply be reminding those that dont have a ticket that the game is Sold Out
If people then turn up in off chance of getting one from someone putside the ground so be it

GreenCastle
05-01-2017, 11:01 AM

The deadline to give Hibs the South Stand was probably Wednesday and we haven't sold out hence giving Utd more tickets.

That's happened before and 1 day before a game isn't as easy to organise with staff for food / stewards / police if required etc.

Hibbyradge
05-01-2017, 11:01 AM
If it was so easy to forecast the demand for this game, why are people scrambling for tickets at the last minute?

Don't they have phones or the internet? Or mates?

Ironically, some of the demand for this game is being created by the demand itself.

Folk are wanting to go because there will be a big crowd and the atmosphere will be electric (unless we lose an early goal or 2 in which case it will be poisonous).

On the plus side for Hibs, the value of a buying season ticket has been well demonstrated, if not increased.

Golden Bear
05-01-2017, 11:08 AM
All very disappointing in so far as the Club have been put in a position whereby they can't meet the ticket demand from their own supporters for this important game. I'm not sure if the situation has arisen because of a lack of foresight by Hibs themselves or whether Police Scotland have put their oar in and prevented Hibs from selling tickets for the South stand.

Either way, its a very poor show.

bigwheel
05-01-2017, 11:12 AM
All very disappointing in so far as the Club have been put in a position whereby they can't meet the ticket demand from their own supporters for this important game. I'm not sure if the situation has arisen because of a lack of foresight by Hibs themselves or whether Police Scotland have put their oar in and prevented Hibs from selling tickets for the South stand.

Either way, its a very poor show.

TBH. There is maximum one home game a year where this is an issue ...some
Clubs down south have to deal with it every week. I don't see it as really a big deal - or a poor show. it's a very unusual case of demand outstrips supply.

I'm actually delighted - I hope we get the kind of success that this becomes a regular issue !

Golden Bear
05-01-2017, 11:16 AM
Clubs down south have to deal with it every week. I don't see it as really a big deal - or a poor show. it's a very unusual case of demand outstrips supply.

I'm actually delighted - I hope we get the kind of success that this becomes a regular issue !

As long as there are empty seats in the Stadium and people want to buy these seats but can't, then yes, it is a poor show.

scoopyboy
05-01-2017, 11:17 AM
If Hibs had no intention of using the away end / south stand then why drip feed Utd blocks of tickets?

They could have given Utd the whole end rather than 1000 then 900 then 644.

Makes no sense to me.

Blaster
05-01-2017, 11:19 AM
If Hibs had no intention of using the away end / south stand then why drip feed Utd blocks of tickets?

Makes no sense to me.

Maybe Utd having to pay for what they take J?

Arch Stanton
05-01-2017, 11:22 AM

Makes no sense to me.

They need to know how many pies to dust off. :agree:

scoopyboy
05-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Maybe Utd having to pay for what they take J?

Possibly, but I think something has happened that means we cannot share the end.

Seems strange to me.

skyhibs
I went on Monday to buy a ticket for my son.. Easter road was closed so thought I would just travel over and pay at the gate... might be struggling now though

Frogga
I think there's more to this than we know that will explain why we can't share the stand. I'm not convinced that it's just poor planning.

Blaster
05-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Possibly, but I think something has happened that means we cannot share the end.

Seems strange to me.

I think the police have stopped it personally

Whether because too late to resource or their fear of trouble I don't know

Bostonhibby
05-01-2017, 11:28 AM
Feels like something the fans reps should be updating us on?

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
05-01-2017, 11:30 AM
I went on Monday to buy a ticket for my son.. Easter road was closed so thought I would just travel over and pay at the gate... might be struggling now though

You not got the Internet?

Andy74
05-01-2017, 11:32 AM

Yep. Knowing you need to buy a ticket in advance is a good thing.

Not long ago some were criticising Hibs for building the East. Now it's an issue because the day before the game we can't sell tickets in the away end?!

SteveHFC
05-01-2017, 11:32 AM

Seems strange to me.

very strange when you consider the other mob can split stand down the middle with just a few empty seats between fans no matter who they play

Andy74
05-01-2017, 11:35 AM
very strange when you consider the other mob can split stand down the middle with just a few empty seats between fans no matter who they play

Which was planned well in advance and happened only because they consistently sold out all other tickets.

When we get to that stage we can make a more permanent decision on how many away stand seats we keep for Hibs fans.

flash
05-01-2017, 11:36 AM
Which was planned well in advance and happened only because they consistently sold out all other tickets.

When we get to that stage we can make a more permanent decision on how many away stand seats we keep for Hibs fans.

To quote a friend of mine you are farting against thunder Andy.

Hibbyradge
05-01-2017, 11:37 AM

Well, given your post count, you're obviously one of those people who aren't internet savvy so you couldn't be expected to know the ticket office opening hours on January 2nd, a national public holiday, or realise that there is a phone number and an online method you could use.

On the up side, it's on TV so you've saved yourself a few bob, and you'll know if there's ever another game you fancy. :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
05-01-2017, 11:38 AM
So in the meantime the Club are deprived of much needed income not to mention the advantages of having a vocal support in all areas of the stadium.

Hibbyradge
05-01-2017, 11:41 AM
So in the meantime the Club are deprived of much needed income not to mention the advantages of having a vocal support in all areas of the stadium.

I take it that if Dundee United had asked you for 600 more tickets, you'd have told them to bolt, thereby depriving the club of GUARANTEED extra income?

3pm
05-01-2017, 11:42 AM
I'm with Hibs on this.

Islington Hibs
05-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Can't believe some of these sanctimonious posts.

It is not disappointing at all. On the contrary it is very good news that Hibernian can shift 17000 tickets for a televised Scottish Championship game. I doubt any other team in Scotland, Aberdeen included, outside Celtic, the Rangers or possibly Hearts could sell that number, ever.

Creating competition for seats also helps drive up interest and possible season ticket sales. No need to buy a season if you get your choice of view and no atmosphere.

In any case almost certainly reading between the lines of her statement the reason there will be no Hibs fans in the South is simply down to the Police.

People have had weeks to buy- might sharpen them up a bit in future if they miss a hopefully great night at Easter Road.

Mathias Jack
05-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Nonsense

Why? I'm pretty certain that Hibs will confirm the sell-out later today and announce that there will be no walk-ups (unless they've kept tickets aside - which I doubt).

The statement would simply be reminding those that dont have a ticket that the game is Sold Out
If people then turn up in off chance of getting one from someone putside the ground so be it

https://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

Just to clarify what I meant....

Yes we'll obviously release a statement saying we've sold out, but within that statement they won't have to say 'no walk ups'. Or are there folk out there that thick, that don't understand what sold out means and try and walk up anyways?

Golden Bear
05-01-2017, 11:47 AM
I take it that if Dundee United had asked you for 600 more tickets, you'd have told them to bolt, thereby depriving the club of GUARANTEED extra income?

I'd have sold them in such a way that it was possible to segregate the fans effectively. They could have been drip fed with a further supply if necessary.

Kojock
05-01-2017, 12:03 PM
My take on this is that Hibs had no intention of opening the South Upper to away fans to keep stewarding etc costs down. They underestimated the size of the Utd demand so therefore were forced to release more and more tickets to them until the lower tier was sold out. This meant they could not sell any upper tier tickets to Hibs fans as they won't allow opposing fans to sit above them for fear of things being thrown etc.

West lower
05-01-2017, 12:13 PM
I'd have sold them in such a way that it was possible to segregate the fans effectively. They could have been drip fed with a further supply if necessary.

You have to give forward notice to the police so they can arrange the correct number of plods. You can't just phone them up and say "we changed our plans, send more plods along". You try getting a cop on a Friday night :greengrin

Hibs90
05-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Poor organisation by whoever made the decision. I also don't see how it's fair how the tramps can do it but we can't. It would be pretty ****ing easy to segregate. Then again could just be the police still punishing us for May

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Poor organisation by whoever made the decision. I also don't see how it's fair how the tramps can do it but we can't. It would be pretty ****ing easy to segregate. Then again could just be the police still punishing us for May

I'm thinking the same.

BH Hibs
05-01-2017, 12:16 PM
Can't believe some on here are using this as an excuse to give the club a kicking. We are going to sell out our tickets for a Friday night fixture just after Christmas. Well done to everyone for getting their tickets. It's not Hibs fault Dundee United can't sell out the south stand and if they did there wouldn't be any seats left in the stand which is almost always used exclusively for the away fans. Unbelievable.

scoopyboy
05-01-2017, 12:20 PM
My take on this is that Hibs had no intention of opening the South Upper to away fans to keep stewarding etc costs down. They underestimated the size of the Utd demand so therefore were forced to release more and more tickets to them until the lower tier was sold out. This meant they could not sell any upper tier tickets to Hibs fans as they won't allow opposing fans to sit above them for fear of things being thrown etc.

The lower isn't sold out however. The initial allocations were a mixture of upper and lower.

ancient hibee
05-01-2017, 12:29 PM
It's not a singing section we need it's a moaning one.

DickieDastardly
05-01-2017, 12:30 PM

They can do it because there is access to the away stand from the concourse of the crappy stand opposite old main stand; means they can still segregate the fans entering and leaving; I do not think we can do that at the Dunbar end.

BroxburnHibee
05-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Have I missed something here? Have Hibs actually said it's sold out?

If not then that means there's still tickets to be had. There certainly was when I got mine this morning.

All these posts showing the stadium plan saying sold out mean b****r all IMO.

Benny Brazil
05-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Some people really enjoy situations like this just so they can give the club some grief.

Am not a season ticket holder but I realised early that this would be a key game so bought tickets online for me and my son - simple.
We have sold roughly 18k home tickets for a Championship game against DUTD on a Fri night that is live on TV - I'd rather we celebrate that fact and look forward to the game.

hibbysam
05-01-2017, 01:09 PM
They can do it because there is access to the away stand from the concourse of the crappy stand opposite old main stand; means they can still segregate the fans entering and leaving; I do not think we can do that at the Dunbar end.

Very simply, we make home fans in the South go round the back of the East, through the big gates and into the turnstiles at the East end of the South, and exit the same way. Away fans enter through the West end of the South.

Bristolhibby
05-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Was going to ask how the South stand has been split in the past, as it has been done.

Is there barriers behind the stand and in the concourse.

Regarding home fans above away fans, is that an actual rule or just something advisory? Definitely recall being under Huns at Ibrox many moons ago. Also recall being above Italian fans in the San Siro.

J

lucky
05-01-2017, 01:17 PM
There are stil tickets available in the home end so need for Hibs to open the south stand up

trev the hat
05-01-2017, 01:29 PM

Totally Agree ⬆️

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2017, 01:33 PM
I watched herts v killie the other day, and killie had about 10 rows of support from top to bottom, and their was a segregation line of about 6 seats then the gimps in the rest of the stand.

Maybe Hibs can't segregate the same way? :confused:

WhileTheChief..
05-01-2017, 01:33 PM
A few posts saying "We can't afford to miss out on ££s"

We're not missing out on anything. We will have approx 4K more fans going on Friday than to any other game this season so far. That's a lot of money we didn't expect to be getting.

I'm not saying we're flush with cash but jeez, we're not on the breadline either. You'd think we were a part time outfit used to getting crowds of 500 the way some are going on.

If some Hibs fans are locked out then great. Hopefully we get a tremendous atmosphere and great result. This will help keep demand going strong in the weeks to come.

You can go online and buy tickets weeks in advance but I bet we'll see similar threads to this towards the end of the season.

If you lose out on Friday get down and buy a half ST now, don't blame the club in a couple of months time.

WhileTheChief..
05-01-2017, 01:35 PM
Was going to ask how the South stand has been split in the past, as it has been done.

Regarding home fans above away fans, is that an actual rule or just something advisory? Definitely recall being under Huns at Ibrox many moons ago. Also recall being above Italian fans in the San Siro.

J

The concourse can only be split down the middle. I'm assuming that Utd needed more than half so if they spill into the 'other' half that means we'd be in with them.

mim
05-01-2017, 01:42 PM
If you lose out on Friday get down and buy a half ST now, don't blame the club in a couple of months time.

Interesting point. Hibs are selling half seasons today, so they must have kept back some seats in some part of the stadium. Nobody is going to buy a half season now if it doesn't include tomorrow's game.

hibbysam
05-01-2017, 01:45 PM

J

When the East was being built, we had the "West side" of the South, this was because there were no Hibs fans in the East Stand (Obviously) so was easiest for releasing fans after the game to have us at that side.

If it was segregated now, we would have the "East side" of the South, which makes it easiest for Hibs fans to arrive/leave without mingling by using the rear of the East stand.

Segregation outside would be simple barriers/stewards as the turnstiles are so far apart behind the stand.

Inside the stand we have a wall with a massive set of gates which close, which is manned by a couple of stewards.

If United sell 2500 tickets which they have been given, it only takes them a little over half way across the stand. The concourse could still easily be split as normal, and in the stand the United fans who are slightly over half way along would just use the "West side" entrances/exits to get back to their own side of the concourse.

Either the 2500 isn't split identically upper and lower, or Hibs are intending on giving United even more tickets once those are away.

monarch
05-01-2017, 01:50 PM
As long as there are empty seats in the Stadium and people want to buy these seats but can't, then yes, it is a poor show.

But you're ignoring the segregation issue here i.e. separate toilets, refreshment kiosks, additional stewarding etc.
Also what if if Hibs had refused the additional 600 odd ticket request from United but only sold say a hundred to their own fans ? Folk would be critical of the resultant loss.

It seems to me that Hibs are damned if they do or damned if they don't.

Anyway in a perverse way it's good to be debating an issue resulting from a near sell out. Don't remember too many of these debates in the past !

HibbySpurs
05-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Disappointing but as I've been saying all week, not surpring in the slightest.

Can't believe punters are making such a stink either to be honest?

First fair play to the Arabs for flogging 2500 tickets an outstanding performance and what are Hibs to do after giving them their initial allocation and they've come back saying "we need more, a lot more"? Respond by saying "well, naw because we might sell more than we normally do so bolt"?.... As a business if someone is saying gimme gimme gimme it makes business sense to do so.

Next there is an issue with segregation here, this would involve more police & stewards (bear in mind a two rows of stewards occupying the end rows of both supports is quite a few £8 per hours), also the police don't like taking any chances even though the chances of bother at this game are very small.

There are other issues, catering, first aides etc. Etc.

I'm sure the club would love to have opened the stand to Hibs support and I'm sure they have actively sounded out the relevant parties about it. I suspect yes it maybe could have been done but after taking into consideration all the factors the management of Hibs have decided against it either on basis of risk, profitability or any other number of reasons.

Not a poor show at all, not the decision we as fans hoped for but I'm sure that it is the correct decision for Hibernian Football Club.

Moulin Yarns
05-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Interesting point. Hibs are selling half seasons today, so they must have kept back some seats in some part of the stadium. Nobody is going to buy a half season now if it doesn't include tomorrow's game.

This was on the website yesterday, when it was obvious supply was high.

Supporters still looking to buy a half season ticket are advised to purchase soon to ensure the Dundee Utd game is included within the season ticket.
Given the high demand for Dundee Utd match tickets, those looking to purchase a half season ticket will be restricted in terms of seat availability for this match.
Supporters looking to purchase a half season ticket can either:

-purchase at the Ticket Office in person - they can give you a ticket for the Dundee Utd match in one of the remaining available seats, and advise of seat availability for the rest of the season

-purchase online and select one of the few available seats, which will be your season ticket seat for the rest of the season

lucky
05-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Whose who haven't got a ticket can use the following excuses;
Too expensive
Not a 3pm Saturday KO
Game live on TV
Night games no good for kids

HibbyAndy
05-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Whose who haven't got a ticket can use the following excuses;
Too expensive
Not a 3pm Saturday KO
Game live on TV
Night games no good for kids

To be fair that's a good excuse

Moulin Yarns
05-01-2017, 02:16 PM
4 in the East, 4 in the West and 2 in the North.

Total shambles, I thought fans would be scrambling for tickets, but no, seems too much bickering going on

Sir David Gray
05-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Ridiculous decision, regardless of who actually made it.

patlowe
05-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Am I right in thinking there are roughly 3,500 seats in the South Stand? So take away 2,500 allocated for United fans and, accounting for the decent number of seats you would lose through the process of segregation, are we really talking about that many spare tickets here? 800? Fair enough, it will be a bit of a shame seeing a small band of empty seats IF we do sell out the home stands AND there is demand for more, but I don't think it's that much of a disaster when you consider the additional cost/hassle that splitting the stand would entail at this stage.

H18 SFR
05-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Am I right in thinking there are roughly 3,500 seats in the South Stand? So take away 2,500 allocated for United fans and, accounting for the decent number of seats you would lose through the process of segregation, are we really talking about that many spare tickets here? 800? Fair enough, it will be a bit of a shame seeing a small band of empty seats IF we do sell out the home stands AND there is demand for more, but I don't think it's that much of a disaster when you consider the additional cost/hassle that splitting the stand would entail at this stage.

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2017, 03:57 PM

We're not missing out on anything. We will have approx 4K more fans going on Friday than to any other game this season so far. That's a lot of money we didn't expect to be getting.

I'm not saying we're flush with cash but jeez, we're not on the breadline either. You'd think we were a part time outfit used to getting crowds of 500 the way some are going on.

If some Hibs fans are locked out then great. Hopefully we get a tremendous atmosphere and great result. This will help keep demand going strong in the weeks to come.

You can go online and buy tickets weeks in advance but I bet we'll see similar threads to this towards the end of the season.

Agree with everything bar the bit in bold. I don't think it's great that some Hibs fans are locked out when almost half a stand is lying empty. I think it's poor organisation.

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2017, 04:00 PM

All that needs done is split the stand at the bottom concourse, which isn't difficult, then block off the few exits where Dundee United fans sit, that are above the Hibs side of the concourse.

HibsNutter
05-01-2017, 04:01 PM

We are technically losing money as an opportunity cost. But in real terms we're making a lot more than usual matches in ticket revenue.

Golden Bear
05-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Wish I knew the fully story on this one but I don't suppose we'll ever find out.

:hmmm:

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2017, 04:06 PM
We are technically losing money as an opportunity cost. But in real terms we're making a lot more than usual matches in ticket revenue.

We underestimated our support and probably overestimated United's. So we've effectively swapped 200-600 United fans, for 500-1,200 Hibs fans.

patlowe
05-01-2017, 04:21 PM
All that needs done is split the stand at the bottom concourse, which isn't difficult, then block off the few exits where Dundee United fans sit, that are above the Hibs side of the concourse.

Fair enough, but I was also thinking in terms of stewarding and policing inside and outside the ground, along with the expectation that a Friday night fixture may bring with it additional "risk" in the eyes of some.

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Fair enough, but I was also thinking in terms of stewarding and policing inside and outside the ground, along with the expectation that a Friday night fixture may bring with it additional "risk" in the eyes of some.

A cordon to divide fans at the back of the south, then they just go their separate ways? It's what will happen on Friday night anyway.

skyhibs
05-01-2017, 04:45 PM
You not got the Internet?

no

skyhibs
05-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Well, given your post count, you're obviously one of those people who aren't internet savvy so you couldn't be expected to know the ticket office opening hours on January 2nd, a national public holiday, or realise that there is a phone number and an online method you could use.

On the up side, it's on TV so you've saved yourself a few bob, and you'll know if there's ever another game you fancy. :rolleyes:

dont know why my post count would mean am not internt savvy..........

Hibbyradge
05-01-2017, 10:55 PM
dont know why my post count would mean am not internt savvy..........

I was right though, proved by the fact that you said 2 posts ago that you don't have the internet.

You can use a phone though, right?