PDA

View Full Version : Fridays game

21sMay
04-01-2017, 10:05 PM
I see Fridays game is now a sell out . This is brilliant news for a championship side btw , will be a massive crowd which can only bode well for the Scottish game! The fans have done their part , time for Lennon and the boys to do theirs. Let's do this Hibs. Well done everybody

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Buzzing for it. Atmosphere will be great and stadium should be rocking

Would like the stadium announcer to come on here prior to the game and try to gauge what approach will work pre game - SOL or something would get everyone buzzing. Would like to see us start with something official to get everyone going.

We've stepped up and bought tickets, now let's cheer the boys on and they'll deliver. This has the Ibrox Dec 15 feel about it. Let's win and start creating some distance between us

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2017, 10:13 PM
Sold out the home stands. No way will United sell 3,900. So far they are at 1,900 with 600 more tickets available. Still leaves over 1,000 seats.

O'Rourke3
04-01-2017, 10:14 PM
Buzzing for it. Atmosphere will be great and stadium should be rocking

Would like the stadium announcer to come on prior to the game and try to gauge what approach will work pre game - SOL or something would get everyone buzzing. Would like to see us start with something official to get everyone going.

We've stepped up and bought tickets, now let's cheer the boys on and they'll deliver. This has the Ibrox Dec 15 feel about it. Let's win and start creating some distance between us

SOL before a game is always a bad move. We use it to celebrate not to assume...

21sMay
04-01-2017, 10:17 PM
I think us fans will make enough noise no matter what is played before hand ! This is a massive game and a win really puts us in the driving seat , it's time to go out and smash our nearest competition. A comprehensive 2/3-0 scoreline will put us firmly in the driving seat

DickieDastardly
04-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Agree with O'Rourke3. Hibs, sell out crowds and confident fans do not have a history of going well together. Let's keep it real and not get ahead of ourselves, at the end of the day a scrappy one nil will suffice (though three would be nice) :aok:...

hibbysam
04-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Agree with O'Rourke3. Hibs, sell out crowds and confident fans do not have a history of going well together. Let's keep it real and not get ahead of ourselves, at the end of the day a scrappy one nil will suffice (though three would be nice) :aok:...

When was the last time we failed to win with a sell out Easter road? The day the place opened against rangers presumably?

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2017, 11:31 PM

Very true. A cocktail almost guaranteed to disappoint.

monktonharp
04-01-2017, 11:38 PM
SoL at the start, for me. time for heroes :wink: it's worked before

Pete
05-01-2017, 04:02 AM

Very true. A cocktail almost guaranteed to disappoint.

:agree:

We need to be as negative and timid as we can possibly be because a noisy, huge support definitely won't help the team at all.

The raucous support lucked out when we beat Hearts 1-0 and I don't want to be taking chances like that again.

To avoid the inevitable, I suggest we start booing the minute the game gets underway.

lapsedhibee
05-01-2017, 04:09 AM
:agree:

We need to be as negative and timid as we can possibly be because a noisy, huge support definitely won't help the team at all.

The raucous support lucked out when we beat Hearts 1-0 and I don't want to be taking chances like that again.

To avoid the inevitable, I suggest we start booing the minute the game gets underway.

Why the delay? Our players are on the pitch several minutes before that. Unless there's a scheduled minute's silence, booing can begin as soon as they run out on to the pitch.

Greencore
05-01-2017, 04:28 AM
SOL at the start for me too:agree:

Pete
05-01-2017, 04:58 AM
Why the delay? Our players are on the pitch several minutes before that. Unless there's a scheduled minute's silence, booing can begin as soon as they run out on to the pitch.

Sounds like a plan. The earlier the better.

Personally, I'm going to get into gear by moaning about Holt and Shinnie while fearing the worst the minute I see the ground.

DavieRoy
05-01-2017, 05:36 AM
What is the view on Friday fixtures? I prefer Friday or last Saturday rather than early Saturday or Sunday.

Atmosphere is better.

One of my mates was moaning about Friday's as if it was a new thing. I told him we played a Scottish Cup Semi-Final at Ibrox against Celtic on a Friday night in 1995. The more things change and all that. We had a few games on a Friday on Sky in the mid 90s. Motherwell 0-0 away in 1995, which was the first Friday live game, also Yogi's debut at Kilmarnock in 1996.

Both Semi-Finals for both cup competitions are televised now, bring back one on a Friday!!

oneone73
05-01-2017, 07:00 AM
What is the view on Friday fixtures? I prefer Friday or last Saturday rather than early Saturday or Sunday.

Atmosphere is better.

One of my mates was moaning about Friday's as if it was a new thing. I told him we played a Scottish Cup Semi-Final at Ibrox against Celtic on a Friday night in 1995. The more things change and all that. We had a few games on a Friday on Sky in the mid 90s. Motherwell 0-0 away in 1995, which was the first Friday live game, also Yogi's debut at Kilmarnock in 1996.

Both Semi-Finals for both cup competitions are televised now, bring back one on a Friday!!

Not for me, due to work. I've had to burn a day's holiday to get to this game.