PDA

View Full Version : BBC ALBA money?

RoxburghHibs
04-01-2017, 10:30 PM
How much do Hibs get from BBC ALBA for them screening the match on Friday night?

Topographic Hibby
04-01-2017, 10:40 PM
How much do Hibs get from BBC ALBA for them screening the match on Friday night?

Set of Arran sweaters, an Ally Bain CD and a sack o'tatties.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Set of Arran sweaters, an Ally Bain CD and a sack o'tattles.

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

green&left
04-01-2017, 10:48 PM

If it was Neil Doncaster that penned the deal we're probably paying them!:D

ancient hibee
04-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Nothing.It goes into the pool for prize money.The only time clubs get paid direct is for cup matches .

Thecat23
04-01-2017, 11:48 PM
Set of Arran sweaters, an Ally Bain CD and a sack o'tatties.

😂😂

DavieRoy
05-01-2017, 05:59 AM
It is a neglegable amount that they put into the pot.

Just shows you though, regardless of kick off time or if it is televised, if the game is big enough, people will go to the game. It was the same at Tannadice.

Remember we played a Scottish Cup Semi-Final on a Friday night at Ibrox on Sky in 1995!!

Pete
05-01-2017, 06:06 AM
You'll probably find more money down the back of your settee than is in this pot.

We need to get back where we belong ASAP. The top league is full of dross and rudderless ships like Hearts and Aberdeen while the club with some of the best facilities, management, players and board members is pissfarting about with the likes of Raith and getting crumbs off BBC Alba.

So frustrating to think where we could be.

DavieRoy
05-01-2017, 06:26 AM
Thing is with BBC Alba, and I am not a fan or think they are as good as some people do, but they were showing lower league games live before us and Hearts got relegated. They have got lucky in the last few years to get decent games at decent grounds with decent crowds.

At least Sky and BT have an option to show a limited amount of Championship games too.

Funny to think that at the start of the season BBC Scotland lied about Championship coverage basically saying, Sky and BT won't have games, so we can't show them. Our goals are on Sky every Saturday night and sometimes Dundee United's plus live games from them and BT.

At least Sky, BT and BBC Alba want to show our league unlike BBC Scotland.

mjhibby
05-01-2017, 07:35 AM
I thought there was a payment of around 5 grand to the home team. Sure I read it somewhere. Don't think we are losing that much money by not being on TVs as games like the last sevco game at er was played in front of under 13,000 iirc. I remember one season we were the second most team on TVs and got something like the eight highest payment. TVs money is important but not the be all and end all. Numbers through the gates as we are having this season can have a massive impact. We have taken around £900,000 more in our first set of matches v last years. I'm sure we didn't budget for that hence the reason Humphrey was signed so quickly and I'm sure a couple of others once we know if commons is staying till the end of the season.

DavieRoy
05-01-2017, 07:40 AM
I thought there was a payment of around 5 grand to the home team. Sure I read it somewhere. Don't think we are losing that much money by not being on TVs as games like the last sevco game at er was played in front of under 13,000 iirc. I remember one season we were the second most team on TVs and got something like the eight highest payment. TVs money is important but not the be all and end all. Numbers through the gates as we are having this season can have a massive impact. We have taken around £900,000 more in our first set of matches v last years. I'm sure we didn't budget for that hence the reason Humphrey was signed so quickly and I'm sure a couple of others once we know if commons is staying till the end of the season.

The money is in a central pool now though. In the Scottish Premiership, half the money is split evenly and the other half gets handed out depending on league position.

The thing is, they can actually co exist. We have a game on TV that is a near sell out on Friday, why? Nothing to do with kick off times or if it is televised but the game matters. It is an important game, that is why people are going.

WhileTheChief..
05-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Sky and BT are seen as evil money makers who ruin our game by moving kickoff times.

Games get moved for Alba, they pay pennies for the privilege of showing our games and yet get no criticism at all.

Thier football coverage is probably their best (only?) watched show, they should start paying appropriately when the current deal runs out or tell them to bolt.

We want more and more money out of Sky / BT, why should Alba be any different?

If the Scottish Government want Alba shown to a wider audience they should damn well start paying for it. And make them speak in English.

NAE NOOKIE
05-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Sky and BT are seen as evil money makers who ruin our game by moving kickoff times.

Games get moved for Alba, they pay pennies for the privilege of showing our games and yet get no criticism at all.

Thier football coverage is probably their best (only?) watched show, they should start paying appropriately when the current deal runs out or tell them to bolt.

We want more and more money out of Sky / BT, why should Alba be any different?

If the Scottish Government want Alba shown to a wider audience they should damn well start paying for it. And make them speak in English.

The Welsh version of ALBA has English language commentary available on the red button.

Devonhibs
05-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Make the most of it - after Brexit I think it will close as I'm sure they get most of their funding from Europe due to the language factor

ancient hibee
05-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Make the most of it - after Brexit I think it will close as I'm sure they get most of their funding from Europe due to the language factor
All funding from Europe starts from the UK taxpayer.In this case it seems unlikely that any money comes back to fund the BBC.