PDA

View Full Version : Fans and atmosphere at games meeting!

Canon Hannan
04-01-2017, 01:46 PM
I have received an email from Frank and Hibernian about Fans and atmosphere at games meeting!

Thought I would put this out to the fans. Any ideas?

Sounds like the club are keen.

Canon Hannan
04-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Please mention your name if you can attend.
This is a chance to discuss direct with the club.

Since1875Hibs
04-01-2017, 02:00 PM
Thought it was a private meeting on the back of half a dozen requests. Hopefully it's action orientated.

J-C
04-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Get sec 43 behind the goals in the FF.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Good idea. Chance for the young team to step forward with their ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canon Hannan
04-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Thought it was a private meeting on the back of half a dozen requests. Hopefully it's action orientated.

Thanks Since1875, are you going or have you received an email?

Since1875Hibs
04-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Thanks Since1875, are you going or have you received an email?

A number of us attending, all received emails.

green.oracle
04-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Get sec 43 behind the goals in the FF.

Naw dinnae bother. 30 or so singers aint gonna fill the FF.

Why not put s43 along the front of the east. Makes as much sense as FF lower IMHO.

Canon Hannan
04-01-2017, 02:25 PM
A number of us attending, all received emails.

Ok mate
I have taken the details down but trying to get the guy who started Section 43 to help with input. 👍

Since1875Hibs
04-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Ok mate
I have taken the details down but trying to get the guy who started Section 43 to help with input. 👍

3 of those who were involved at the beginning will be there.

Assuming you'll be referring to Gogs43 on here.

Canon Hannan
04-01-2017, 02:41 PM
3 of those who were involved at the beginning will be there.

Assuming you'll be referring to Gogs43 on here.

Yes Gogs is a friend. Not sure he can make the meeting but I am seeing him on friday to gather info and ideas.

Keith_M
04-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Yes Gogs is a friend. Not sure he can make the meeting but I am seeing him on friday to gather info and ideas.

I personally think the atmosphere hasn't been the same in the Singing Section since Gogs took a back seat from helping to organize it.

J-C
04-01-2017, 02:52 PM
Singing hasn't been the same for a while, too many sitting tentatively watching instead of on their feet signing. It comes with always being let down in the league, just look at the signing in the cup final.

I also feel there's too many kids and families in the East, nothing against them but just feel the east was were the hardened Hibs fans went, it's changed there nowadays. I have a family with 2 kids aged about 10 right in front of me, you're scared to lose it incase you start swearing and then the parents give you the daggers for doing so.

Since1875Hibs
04-01-2017, 02:57 PM
I personally think the atmosphere hasn't been the same in the Singing Section since Gogs took a back seat from helping to organize it.

The location is the issue with no accoustics down the front and no other pockets around the ground willing to create an atmosphere. A quick change to the middle/back of any stand being surrounded by other supporters will see a significant improvement.

No disrespect to Gogs, just stating the facts.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone attending this meeting to understand how they can get more involved in taking things forward. Surprised we haven't heard from them already.

Keith_M
04-01-2017, 02:59 PM
The location is the issue with no accoustics down the front and no other pockets around the ground willing to create an atmosphere. A quick change to the middle/back of any stand being surrounded by other supporters will see a significant improvement.

No disrespect to Gogs, just stating the facts.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone attending this meeting to understand how they can get more involved in taking things forward. Surprised we haven't heard from them already.

I think the move down the front came after Gogs taking a back seat.

It was much better when the Singing Section was at the back.

Canon Hannan
04-01-2017, 03:00 PM
Very true. Gogs actually dragged them to the back of the stand last game. He is a great lad and organised the lads and lasses at the back of Section 43.

Since1875Hibs
04-01-2017, 03:01 PM
I think the move down the front came after Gogs taking a back seat.

It was much better when the Singing Section was at the back.

It was - a move driven by the club. Here's hoping for some common sense, cooperative working where fans can drive positive change.

Since1875Hibs
04-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Very true. Gogs actually dragged them to the back of the stand last game. He is a great lad and organised the lads and lasses at the back of Section 43.

No he didn't? We chose to move based on various odeas/comments posted on another thread here.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to discuss ideas prior to Tues.

Keith_M
04-01-2017, 03:03 PM
It was - a move driven by the club. Here's hoping for some common sense, cooperative working where fans can drive positive change.

Totally agree and I wish you guys all the best at the meeting.

:aok:

Shrekko
04-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Hopefully the point can be made that fans make the atmosphere and the club need to know that ear splitting music and umpteen tannoy announcements in the build up to a game is what kills it as much as anything.

bjsc24671
04-01-2017, 03:17 PM
I think that we should get the guy who is on the mic involved he has no buzz about him he calls the team then shout lets get behind the hibs .I feel he need to get the crowd going long before the game starts :taxi

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Singing hasn't been the same for a while, too many sitting tentatively watching instead of on their feet signing. It comes with always being let down in the league, just look at the signing in the cup final.

I also feel there's too many kids and families in the East, nothing against them but just feel the east was were the hardened Hibs fans went, it's changed there nowadays. I have a family with 2 kids aged about 10 right in front of me, you're scared to lose it incase you start swearing and then the parents give you the daggers for doing so.

Will get shot down for this, but singing in the final was loud but the same 2 maybe 3 songs on loop for the whole match. We don't have Stokes so that's us down to 2 of those ditties.

Atmosphere at er was lost the moment the old East came down. Having 1 place where people know they can go along and get a sing song is imperative. Not getting involved where it should be, but we need a place where singers both season tickets and walk ups can join together. No point in creating a section only to limit its potential to grow by putting non singers within the blocks either side. Regardless of how it is done there are gonna be some folk upset at being moved.

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Atmosphere will never be replicated at grounds like the good old days,people need to realise that.

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Atmosphere will never be replicated at grounds like the good old days,people need to realise that.

We can but try though. The fact ggtth wasn't sung at the final was a huge disappointment for me. The best song when sung in full voice.

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2017, 04:11 PM
We can but try though. The fact ggtth wasn't sung at the final was a huge disappointment for me. The best song when sung in full voice.

It was. :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
04-01-2017, 04:12 PM

great song, preferably sung at a slower pace instead of the attempts to see how fast it can be sung and the first to finish wins

StevieT
04-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Naw dinnae bother. 30 or so singers aint gonna fill the FF.

Why not put s43 along the front of the east. Makes as much sense as FF lower IMHO.

I agree. The FF lower is for families and the kids tickets are cheaper there. If they need to move these fans then how do you propose the club price tickets for kids? They won't make kids tickets cheap in the East or West. I also don't think that people should be forced out of their seats in order to please a handful of people.

green&left
04-01-2017, 04:16 PM

Take it you've never been to Ibrox or Tynie in the away end when winning? Or in the away end at Brondby last summer? :rolleyes:

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:20 PM
It was. :confused:

Don't remember it. Was this during the match?

Seem to remember being bored out my nut with the 75 renditions of sjm and Hibernian fc from the capital. Boring.

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:22 PM
great song, preferably sung at a slower pace instead of the attempts to see how fast it can be sung and the first to finish wins

I agree. My favourite. Maybe I'm a traditionalist
😁

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Take it you've never been to Ibrox or Tynie in the away end when winning? Or in the away end at Brondby last summer? :rolleyes:

No need for the rolling eyes, of course there will be decent atmospheres on occasion but nothing like the regularity of days gone by is my point.

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:23 PM

The issue does not seem to be with the away support, who by all accounts provide amazing backing for the team.

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2017, 04:23 PM

Seem to remember being bored out my nut with the 75 renditions of sjm and Hibernian fc from the capital. Boring.

You were bored at the cup final? :faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-01-2017, 04:25 PM

We also sang SOL at Hampden, again, boring! ;-)

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:25 PM
You were bored at the cup final? :faf:

No. With the babyish singing which was in my opinion bordering on cringy with out any 'real' hibs songs being sung.

Ciukd you remind me when in the game was ggtth sung? I can't remember it at all.

RoscoHibby
04-01-2017, 04:26 PM
As long as the team give us something to shout about then got a feeling it's gonna be cracking atmosphere on Friday! Can't wait for it!
Really hope the drummer and accompanying radges (meant nicely of course!) are at back of the East again?

WS Hibs
04-01-2017, 04:28 PM
No. With the babyish singing which was in my opinion bordering on cringy with out any 'real' hibs songs being sung.

Ciukd you remind me when in the game was ggtth sung? I can't remember it at all.

I think we're all meaning after the game and in fact after Sunshine of Leith (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3b_lw7t2TE&t)

Ringothedog
04-01-2017, 04:30 PM

It was sung during the celebrations after full time,and as long as our fans make a noise I don't care what's sung, backing the team is all that counts

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2017, 04:46 PM

After all that happened that day you have memories of being bored by what was being sung. Wow I find that pretty amazing as many things are etched in my mind of that day and the choice of songs or lack of, is not one of them.

greenlex
04-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Brilliant. Hibs fans moaning about songs.

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:47 PM
We also sang SOL at Hampden, again, boring! ;-)

Not during the match though did we?

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Brilliant. Hibs fans moaning about songs.

On a thread moaning about songs and atmosphere. How terrible.

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:52 PM
After all that happened that day you have memories of being bored by what was being sung. Wow I find that pretty amazing as many things are etched in my mind of that day and the choice of songs or lack of, is not one of them.

Instead if making up stuff, tell me when during the match did ggtth get sung?

HNA4
04-01-2017, 04:52 PM
On a thread moaning about songs and atmosphere. How terrible.

It's actually a thread about a meeting to discuss the atmosphere at games. It would be good to get it back on track :aok:

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:53 PM
I think we're all meaning after the game and in fact after Sunshine of Leith (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3b_lw7t2TE&t)

Fair dos I meant during the 90 minutes. I thought the singing throughout the match was like a hibs kids day at er.

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2017, 04:55 PM
Instead if making up stuff, tell me when during the match did ggtth get sung?

Making things up???? My point is I can'tell tell you!

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:56 PM
It was sung during the celebrations after full time,and as long as our fans make a noise I don't care what's sung, backing the team is all that counts

Thanks for clearing that up. This thread is about atmosphere at matches and my point was that song choice is important if you want others to join in. A bit of variety is important too.

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Making things up???? My point is I can'tell tell you!

Well why say yes it was. That was a bit off no? Seeing as I was actually correct.

Keith_M
04-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Maybe we need a new repertoire of songs.

Now if only we knew some reasonably well known, songwriting Hibbies that could help out.

:hmmm:

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Well why say yes it was. That was a bit off no? Seeing as I was actually correct.

I never said yes it was!

Carheenlea
04-01-2017, 05:06 PM
Over the years I've experienced some brilliant atmospheres following Hibs, but all have been impromptu and subject to occasion and events as they unfold on the park.
You can have all the meetings you like, but you won't get too many people singing themselves hoarse and dancing about at games against the likes of Morton, St Mirren, Ross County, St Johnstone etc. For the big games we get a big game atmosphere in my opinion.

04-01-2017, 05:07 PM
I'd like the atmosphere to be as European as possible. Megaphones, drums and flares although the last one will never happen. The atmosphere is far too sanitised in my opinion.

lord bunberry
04-01-2017, 05:09 PM

This is probably the stupidest thing ive ever read on here. To say you were borderline cringing at a cup final because of the choice of songs is just ridiculous. Maybe football isn't for you.

StevieT
04-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Over the years I've experienced some brilliant atmospheres following Hibs, but all have been impromptu and subject to occasion and events as they unfold on the park.
You can have all the meetings you like, but you won't get too many people singing themselves hoarse and dancing about at games against the likes of Morton, St Mirren, Ross County, St Johnstone etc. For the big games we get a big game atmosphere in my opinion.

:top marks That is exactly it.

Brizo
04-01-2017, 05:12 PM
I think that we should get the guy who is on the mic involved he has no buzz about him he calls the team then shout lets get behind the hibs .I feel he need to get the crowd going long before the game starts :taxi

I hope not. His forced and contrived rallying calls before ko give me the dry boak. To have it inflicted on me "long before the game starts", no thanks. What kills any atmosphere is the clubs forced attempt to create an atmosphere with deafening "pop" music before ko and at half time. Can the music and the "DJ".

Leave making any atmosphere to the fans, , not just during the 90 minutes but before the ko and at half time. Would be great to go back to the old days where there was as much if not more singing pre ko and at half time, particularly vs the OF and the Hertz.

Green Fish
04-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Was at the Real Madrid v Deportivo game few weeks ago.

Guy on the mic gets the crowd right up for it before kick off.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

killie-hibby
04-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Hopefully the point can be made that fans make the atmosphere and the club need to know that ear splitting music and umpteen tannoy announcements in the build up to a game is what kills it as much as anything.

True. The PA guy must believe Hibs supporters are idiots, when at the beginning of every game he squeals "make a noise". Supporters react to players actions,certainly not to any PA command.

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 05:21 PM
This is probably the stupidest thing ive ever read on here. To say you were borderline cringing at a cup final because of the choice of songs is just ridiculous. Maybe football isn't for you.

You won't be surprised to find I disagree. I am calling it as I saw it on the day, and I think it is relevant to this thread. I think the atmosphere is not helped by poor song choices and a step away from the traditional ones.

Itsnoteasy
04-01-2017, 05:33 PM
The song We Are Hibs sung and written after we won SC is excellent
It was tried on Saturday at Falkirk but I don't think a lot of fans know the words.

Canon Hannan
04-01-2017, 05:38 PM
I'd like the atmosphere to be as European as possible. Megaphones, drums and flares although the last one will never happen. The atmosphere is far too sanitised in my opinion.

I am with you there St David. The Europeans have organised support and back the club at any game with any score for 90 minutes. Plus we can pinch their songs.

erin go bragh
04-01-2017, 05:44 PM
You won't be surprised to find I disagree. I am calling it as I saw it on the day, and I think it is relevant to this thread. I think the atmosphere is not helped by poor song choices and a step away from the traditional ones.

Cmon BSB . You must be on the windup.
The atmosphere at the final was electric.
I've been personally told by some players that the fans singing and vociferous support at the final helped massively in lifting the cup .
To pick that game imo is ludicrous.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2017, 05:48 PM
On nights like Friday the club could help the fans set up Tifo displays etc. When the east is full we should use it show just what a great place to watch football Easter road is. They also help create a buzz around the club.

J-C
04-01-2017, 05:49 PM

In a nutshell, it's bloody hard to get all up for a singsong when we're trying to break down a 10 man defence, or that same team scores with their one and only attack.

northstandhibby
04-01-2017, 05:53 PM

Sounds good albeit the flares won't happen. One of my favourite songs is Turnbull's Tornadoes due to it's outstanding anthem like tune. Maybe some song people could update it. Don't see why such a fantastic hibs song and tune should not be re instated?

Glory Glory

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 05:58 PM
Cmon BSB . You must be on the windup.
The atmosphere at the final was electric.
I've been personally told by some players that the fans singing and vociferous support at the final helped massively in lifting the cup .
To pick that game imo is ludicrous.

My original mention of the cup final was only to highlight that none of the oldies were sung. Folk have jumped on that and tried to try and make an issue when there wasn't one.

The atmosphere at the game was amazing and the singing was great, that said, I feel it would have been even better if some of the oldies were in there too. If we are serious about creating a singing section we need to be inclusive of folk who prefer the oldies otherwise that may discourage some singers who don't enjoy the news songs quite as much.

Hope that clears things up a bit😁😁

Waxy
04-01-2017, 05:59 PM
It'll be far easier to generate atmosphere once back in the top league.

Tamhere1875
04-01-2017, 06:05 PM
As someone who stood in the cowshed and the old north enclosure and then the east terrace we didna have so called "singing section" what we had was supporters who got behind the team from the start to the finish of the game, singing jumping about doing what football supporters did then we did not need anyone to tell us when or what to sing. As the old saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink the same goes for supporters if they don't want to sing and jump about they won't no matter how much the guy on the mic or the wee band of singers at the front try.

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2017, 06:10 PM
We can but try though. The fact ggtth wasn't sung at the final was a huge disappointment for me. The best song when sung in full voice.It was sung right after SOL...

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 06:20 PM
It was sung right after SOL...

I was meaning during the game. We aren't gonna be hanging around er for an hour after playing Dumbarton etc so there is no point saving it til after the game to sing once the layers are getting changed.

seanshow
04-01-2017, 06:21 PM
As someone who stood in the cowshed and the old north enclosure and then the east terrace we didna have so called "singing section" what we had was supporters who got behind the team from the start to the finish of the game, singing jumping about doing what football supporters did then we did not need anyone to tell us when or what to sing. As the old saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink the same goes for supporters if they don't want to sing and jump about they won't no matter how much the guy on the mic or the wee band of singers at the front try.

Ive been going to the east stand since the 80s and there was always some big gadgie with a voice like a fogorn standing at the back, he woud roar out 'there is a bonnie fitba team....' thats all it took, and the whole crowd joined in.

We need to locate said rotund gadgie and get him back in his rightful place :)

...These recent chants that i presume have migrated up from english football, do nowt for me i have to say.

Enough said
04-01-2017, 06:38 PM

Was sung at the end after sol.. were you at the final???

ronaldo7
04-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Maybe someone could get a song list distributed the night before the match so we can all practice:whistle:

Sammy7nil
04-01-2017, 07:33 PM
On nights like Friday the club could help the fans set up Tifo displays etc. When the east is full we should use it show just what a great place to watch football Easter road is. They also help create a buzz around the club.

I really donf like these massive amount of work for 30 seconds when the fans would probably prefer fo see the teams coming out and make some noise. I am sure some like them nof for me though. If you must have something wee flags are better imho.

Skol
04-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Going back a few years to late 70s, maybe early 80s, and my uncle was taking me to the game. Stood at the bus stop with Hibs scarves and a car pulled up, 3 hibbies and told us to jump in for a lift. (this wouldnt happen now !)

I wasnt even in my teens then but I remember the chat being based around why it wasnt like it used to be and we sing all these new songs and none of the oldies are sung any more.

Thats how it is, times move on and the new generation bring along new songs and us oldies hark back to the days when we were lads

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Was sung at the end after sol.. were you at the final???

Is there an echo?

ronaldo7
04-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Is there an echo?

Liverpool.:wink:

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 08:08 PM

😂

Waxy
04-01-2017, 08:10 PM

Where?

Scouse Hibee
04-01-2017, 08:12 PM

Now printed in Oldham!

ronaldo7
04-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Now printed in Oldham!

That's Globalisation fur ye.

lyonhibs
04-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Big games and big performances equal big atmospheres. In that order.

Everything else is artificial window dressing IMO if we're talking about the recreation of genuinely big atmospheres at ER

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Every time we have a thread on a positive matter like 'meeting the club to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road' it might be an idea to start a complimentary thread called 'moaning about meeting the club to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road'. This way people will have the opportunity to make exciting points like 'waste of time' 'will never work' etc etc. and the rest of us will be able to ignore this.

BoomtownHibees
04-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Every time we have a thread on a positive matter like 'meeting the club to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road' it might be an idea to start a complimentary thread called 'moaning about meeting the club to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road'. This way people will have the opportunity to make exciting points like 'waste of time' 'will never work' etc etc. and the rest of us will be able to ignore this.

How about one for folk moaning about the cup final atmosphere because we didn't sing GGTTH?

Greencore
04-01-2017, 10:31 PM

Maybe hibs could provide these... wait.. bad idea.

RIP
05-01-2017, 12:10 AM
Ok mate
I have taken the details down but trying to get the guy who started Section 43 to help with input. ��

Craig, yer old buddy suedehead Gogs has had nothing to do with the Singing Section since giving up his ST in 2011. Prior to the Stubbs era, the product on the park was bogging and nothing kills the atmosphere more than the stench of a decomposing club. Here is my recollection of the timeline over the past ten years, but with my memory, a few details are bound to be lacking:-

2007 Board announce new stand. The new East Stand was the opportunity created by the Golden Years generation, third place in the SPL under Mowbray, record ST sales and the CIS Cup win of 2007. The East Stand gantry area (same place as section 43) had always been where the singing started but singing was always a bit hit and miss and the low roof meant it was loud inside but not so loud from the other stands. A lot of the hardcore in there were the same folk that sung loud at away games. This had been the case since the 60s and 70s cowshed era.

2008 Consultation process begins under Colin McNeil and Russell Smith. Mikey creates an East Stand Consultation Forum on Hibs.Net. John Campbell reports back from meetings at Easter Road. Initial reports come back stating NO STANDING will be allowed.

2009. Designs agreed, tenders issued, construction scheduled.

ON THE PARK. Golden Generation sold to pay off debts. Style of football deteriorating under Yogi and Mixu but we retain top 6 or thereabouts.

2010 East Stand Singing Section Campaign
Hibs.Net football team regulars, Jon Pryde and Paul McBeath start their campaign with a succession of posts on the main board.
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?175892-New-East-Stand-Capital-Greens-Singing-support-etc

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?177069-East-Stand-Singing-Section-Capital-Greens-Ultra-s-etc&highlight=Singing+Section

Derry Thomson (who had earlier started a thread/campaign of his own) copies the post onto the Bounce, supported by Ross Vincent, Sean Rafferty and Jamie admin. These guys were in from the start of Sect43 and kept it going for several years with logistical and creative support from Mick Ward, the Italian cousins, Fraser, Gavin and many others whose names I forget - they know who they are.

Fife and Russell announce a section of 1000 seats across half the East from S41 to S45. Paul, John and I reckon that’s too big so I take the database of members and write to everyone plus supporters of the campaign from the messageboards and ask people to buy their ST’s in section 43 top twenty rows. Section 43 is born.

After that the birth of Hibs12thMan, followed by the fantastic days of Sect43, huge displays, marches and the best atmosphere at Easter Road since the 70s.
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?219770-S43-First-Weekly-Announcement-17-October-2011&highlight=Singing+Section

Then sadly the Calderwood, Fenlon (Cup Final), Butcher eras. Lack of investment on the park, Bosman journeymen, dross football, relegation, protests and apart from big games, the initial support wanes from up to 85% of the original singing section at Easter Road due to long winless runs. Management support for the initiative also evaporates as Fife leaves first, followed by long time Hibbies Garry O’Hagan and Russell Smith. The rump of our singing section is kept afloat by the valiant Since1875 guys, with some good strong drumming and a never say die attitude.

To revive the atmosphere at home, what we need IMO are a set of critical success factors:-

Supporter-Led campaign led by the Since1875 team
Full backing from the Hibernian Supporters Association committee.
Full support from our messageboards and facebook pages
Manager and former players as leading lights in the campaign
Strong management marketing effort to re-assign seats in S43 M-JJ as dedicated to singing. If you don’t want to sing constantly, sit anywhere else. I say that because at the Raith game some guys quickly moved when the singing started up. The Ticket office clearly hadn’t informed them
Zero tolerance campaign of loud verbal abuse of our own staff. We are reputedly amongst the worst senior club in Scotland for this and we have all lost count of opposition managers stating that all you need to do to beat Hibs at home is to wait till their fans get on their players backs. If you don’t believe them try speaking to Hibs players past and present.

I personally think this last issue is a problem we could eliminate swiftly. I’ve been told my mates, particularly in the West that we have a small handful of witless dafties who want to make a match about them/their loud voices and a few jakies that can’t handle the Don Revie. Their words not mine! Raising awareness, some peer pressure and better stewarding is all it would take here to allow our boys in green and management team to focus on the job in hand.

Back at ER these days after starting my pension and happy to support Since1875 in any meetings/plans in the unlikely event they need help from an auld lag who went to his first Hibs game in 1961. GGTTH. Gogs.

basehibby
05-01-2017, 01:07 AM
We need artificially intelligent seats at ER. Each seat would be fitted with a sing-ometer and a light which would light up for the 100 singi-est singers throughout the match - whereupon they would be distributed a free pie at half time.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-01-2017, 04:05 AM

Bore of A song about our talisman? And another more recent one?

I don't recall us singing we hate Glasgow Rangers either.

The support was outstanding from start to finish.

If you really were bored you'll be in a minority of 1. I mean really?

Pete
05-01-2017, 04:31 AM

Those who reminisce about the good old days and turn their noses up at anything they consider artificial definately need to realise this.

The low density of the crowd, the rake of the stand and the fact that you're familiar with the strangers around you due to season tickets make it that little bit more uncomfortable. People in general don't like standing out. Back in the "good old days" it was easier to sing, lose it or yell yet still remain relatively anonymous.

The atmosphere on Friday will be pretty good due to the kick off time and the size of the crowd. Having the young team at the back of the East to really improve the accoustics would have made it even better.

Great atmospheres in modern stadiums are perfectly possible but you have to take steps to generate it. It doesn't have to be anything out of the ordinary other than encouraging large groups of young fans to congregate in places where they are most effective visually and can generate a racket.

Deek01
05-01-2017, 09:38 AM
The song We Are Hibs sung and written after we won SC is excellent
It was tried on Saturday at Falkirk but I don't think a lot of fans know the words.

For a team looking to go top of the league the atmosphere at Falkirk was a shambles. Even folk asking the boys singing to be quiet.

frazeHFC
05-01-2017, 03:09 PM
They atmosphere tomorrow will undoubtedly be class and I can't wait. But in general Hibs fans have been awful this season (atmosphere wise). At Falkirk a few of us trying to start a song and absolutely nobody joins in, we equalise and instantly everyone's sat down in silence again. People can mention the singing section being moved / advertised (although everyone already knows where) but at the end of the day 20 folk singing aren't going to make a difference.

Standing section is the way forward I reckon, even if at away games the club puts a certain block aside for those who prefer to stand.

eastcoasthibby
05-01-2017, 03:27 PM
On the issue of a standing section in an arguement for it...at the recent away game at Tannadice behind the goals whereci was stood for the whole game and what real buzzing atmosphere it was throughout ..even though our performance wasn't great I think the standing issue is a real live one to pursue ..if that was anything to go by !!

mghibs
05-01-2017, 03:39 PM
I agree with the standing sentiment. I think people are much more likely to take part when standing, and like stated above, tannadice was an excellent example of that, where there was a sing song for most of the game. Now a days it is possible to have safe standing, and I think designated areas for this mean people know what they are getting themselves in for, standing and singing. I also think this is best suited for behind the goals. Don't think its a coincidence that, as far as I know, the majority of Bundesliga clubs have their standing/singing sections behind the goals. The difficult issue is of course people who are rightly entitled to want to stay where they have had a season ticket for years.

where'stheslope
05-01-2017, 06:55 PM
In all the games I've been to over the years, the best crowd singing comes from the group of fans that are singing up the back of the stands.

The Old Cowshed was a typical example as it was situated at the top of the terrace and the sound came out of it like a megaphone.

When it comes down over the quieter ones heads, although it can bug them it can also help make them join in.

So one big help would be to get the Hibs Choir up near the back so their sound is amplified out over the pitch.