PDA

View Full Version : hibs flag that was kept at easter road???

berwickhibee
04-01-2017, 01:45 PM
I loaned a flag to gogs a few years back and it was stored at easter road, anyone seen this flag???178981789917900

Smartie
04-01-2017, 01:55 PM
When did you last see it?

berwickhibee
04-01-2017, 01:57 PM
about 3 years ago???

Pretty Boy
04-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Contact the stadium manager. The hibs.net flag is stored at ER and he's really good about letting us have access to it as and when we need it.

Smartie
04-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Phew, nothing to do with me then.

I've often seen the picture in your avatar and wondered if it was a flag that came into my possession.

I ended up with a flag (it looked similar to yours, very long and quite thin although I don't remember it having "Hibernian FC" on it) after the CIS cup final in 2007. I was in the South Stand that day and as we left the ground the flag had been left behind so my group took it with us.

It came on a wee adventure with us that night and it ended up hanging from my 5th floor balcony that night, stretching almost as far as the ground. When I got up the next day it was ripped in half.

I've sometimes wondered how it ripped. I have a couple of theories - one is that someone tried to climb up it and it ripped and they fell (hilarious but alarming). Another theory was that it was whipping about rattling on windows below, someone had enough and cut it, hopefully a Jambo or hun who lived a few floors below. IIRC the weather was fairly wild - the wind may have just battered it about and ended up ripping it.

Anyway, that flag's last day out was to see Hibs win the cup in 2007 but it sadly found it's way into the bin the day after.

I really, really hope this is not the same flag. (Edit - just looked at a few of your photos and they are definitely post 2007).

Canon Hannan
04-01-2017, 02:39 PM
There are many flags stored in the secure locker at Easter Road. Last airing for many was Flag day back in 2012 ish

Maybe the club could permanently place them at the back of the East?

I have received an email from the club about building an atmosphere and will start a thread on this a its important.

RIP
04-01-2017, 06:21 PM
I organised the flag display at Hibs v ICT circa 2011 but after the game the owners collected their flags IIRC. I also organised lockers following a great message board collection by fans. The use of these lockers was passed by the club management to SECT43.

berwickhibee
05-01-2017, 10:04 AM
thanks guys, I will contact the club and see if it is in the lock ups still??? gutted I cant find it!!! its been to liege,anderlecht, and Athens with me!!!:flag: