PDA

View Full Version : Samaras.

Ultrabee1-0
04-01-2017, 10:33 AM
If true horrible signing and waste of a decent wage, what is this club turning into? A Neil lennon testimonial? I like lennon but Jesus give it a rest with getting his good old pals in.

Brightside
04-01-2017, 10:34 AM
If true horrible signing and waste of a decent wage, what is this club turning into? A Neil lennon testimonial? I like lennon but Jesus give it a rest with getting his good old pals in.

its pish.

CallumLaidlaw
04-01-2017, 10:35 AM

You just wanted to rant about Lennon eh? It's not true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
04-01-2017, 10:35 AM

:confused:

Since90+2
04-01-2017, 10:47 AM
I dont believe its true but I would be happy if it was to be honest. He would be a better option than Holt or Graham.

04-01-2017, 10:52 AM
I don't think its happening but yes I do agree with what your saying, I don't want us to end up as some retirement home for ex celtic players.

Salt N Sauzee
04-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Some weirdo "Agent" tweeted a photo of him in an Airport from 2014 saying he was signing for Hibs and loads of folk have fallen for it. Not happening.

Mr_F
04-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Would be a cracking signing but it's Lilian

fat freddy
04-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Just read on twitter from a reliable source that Samaras seen with Leeanne, Petrie, Lennon and a few others having coffee in Pilrig? Make of that what you will

WoreTheGreen
04-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Samaras was the waiter

Ozyhibby
04-01-2017, 11:29 AM

Having a go at Lennon for things that have not happened? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gordy M
04-01-2017, 11:30 AM
I don't think its happening but yes I do agree with what your saying, I don't want us to end up as some retirement home for ex celtic players.

Ive read this a few times on here about old ex celtic players?? Sorry who have we signed thats an old, ex celtic player?? Unless you are counting commons who is only 32 and could be a fantasic signing i fail to see where this has come from?

Kato
If true .....

Boring, really.

jacomo
Just read on twitter from a reliable source that Samaras seen with Leeanne, Petrie, Lennon and a few others having coffee in Pilrig? Make of that what you will

Reliable source of what though?

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2017, 11:32 AM
I half-watched a programme on Alba last night about Jimmy Johnstone.

At one point, he was at a function... and the shot cut to Neil Lennon.

Make of that what you will.

chrisski33
04-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Reliable source of what though?

Coffee in piilrig? Classy

eastmainsmsh
04-01-2017, 11:39 AM
I seen a merc pull up and this long tall black haired with fur coat on .....

But she was heading for scorpio

Unseen work
04-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Why does Lennon gets dogs abuse for signing a lot of old Celtic players? When realistically he has signed one, kris commons.

Stubbs signed hendo, mcgeouch and stokes from them.

Let's stop making up excuses to give Lennon abuse.

Fwiw Lennon seems to be exploring alot more leagues too and getting boys in on trial to see if they're good enough

Ray_
04-01-2017, 11:45 AM

Like Stokes, Henderson & Commons, Nah, can't see what players with Celtic connections could ever bring to the club. While saying that, Joe McBride and Jackie Mac didn't do too badly.

Wee Effen Bee
04-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Coffee in piilrig? Classy

Maybe that's the selling point for all these 'over the hill' and ex Celtic superstars we signed last week when I was in a coma: forget the ambition, ignore the great stadium, don't even think about our state of the art training facilities...a wee non-dairy, skinny macchiato in Pilrig will seal the deal!:cb

Waxy
04-01-2017, 11:51 AM
Far to many players have gone in the opposite direction since 1888 and in a fair world Leigh Griffiths would be banging them in for us right now. If any ex Celtic player can make us better then we take it.

Captain Trips
04-01-2017, 11:52 AM
If better than what we have I care not if played for him before.

northstandhibby
04-01-2017, 12:04 PM

What better way is there to win this league than get class players in even if it's just until the end of the season? There should be no doubt Samaras is a class act and I would love to see a player like him grace ER. If we can go a good few points clear and the flag is looking likely ours then would be a great time to bring in the younger ones like Ollie Shaw and Jamie Gullan etc. It might not happen with Samaras but if true I would definitely welcome him.

Glory Glory

Diclonius
04-01-2017, 12:08 PM
I wonder how long this Samaras non-rumour will keep going for. Probably every transfer window until Lennon leaves.

scoopyboy
04-01-2017, 12:10 PM

Don't panic...................

superfurryhibby
04-01-2017, 12:43 PM

Quality daftness on display, the farce is string in this one:not worth

snooky
04-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Don't panic...................

Is that you hinting that we're after Clive Dunn? :wink:

eastmainsmsh
04-01-2017, 01:03 PM
What's bobo balde and agathe up to now

HoboHarry
04-01-2017, 01:05 PM
What's bobo balde and agathe up to now
Would prefer to bring in Bobby Murdoch if he is a free agent........

Oscar T Grouch
04-01-2017, 01:07 PM
A made up rumour that's grown arms legs and fooled a lot of people and it seems to be leaking into the press now. I don't know though, it's been kinda fun watching it evolve 😂

HoboHarry
04-01-2017, 01:13 PM
Like who for example? (other than Commons)

NAE NOOKIE
04-01-2017, 01:39 PM
I always thought Samaras was more hype than substance, the few times I saw him play at ER I cant say I was overly impressed. I doubt we will see him in a Hibs shirt.

Ronniekirk
04-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Lennon hasnt said snything on this at all If thete was something in it and deal was imminent think he would hint at this
On the other hand he was quick to dismiss the Swanson rumour
I would like to see another Striker come in though But the Priority for Lennon will be trying to get Commons tied up so any other signin may need to take a back seat till that is sorted and budgeted for

truehibernian
04-01-2017, 02:04 PM

Would Danny Swanson make you happier ?

eastmainsmsh
04-01-2017, 02:36 PM
Would prefer to bring in Bobby Murdoch if he is a free agent........
Bobby would anchor the middle

mentalhibee
04-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Why does Lennon gets dogs abuse for signing a lot of old Celtic players? When realistically he has signed one, kris commons.

Stubbs signed hendo, mcgeouch and stokes from them.

Let's stop making up excuses to give Lennon abuse.

Fwiw Lennon seems to be exploring alot more leagues too and getting boys in on trial to see if they're good enough

If you have the quality to play for Celtic your probably going to be one of the best players at Hibs like the players you've listed above, so I'm not sure why people would complain at us signing ex Celtic players.

eastmainsmsh
04-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Could be a cracking signing would fancy us to go on and win the title

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 04:17 PM
What better way is there to win this league than get class players in even if it's just until the end of the season? There should be no doubt Samaras is a class act and I would love to see a player like him grace ER. If we can go a good few points clear and the flag is looking likely ours then would be a great time to bring in the younger ones like Ollie Shaw and Jamie Gullan etc. It might not happen with Samaras but if true I would definitely welcome him.

Glory Glory

Regardless of whether this is true or not, this is the most sensible post on the thread. Anyone who thinks samaras isn't good enough for the Scottish first division didn't pay attention when he was playing at celtic. Better than what we currently have.

Hi Heid Yin
04-01-2017, 04:19 PM
If better than what we have I care not if played for him before.

Ditto:top marks

killie-hibby
04-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Like Stokes, Henderson & Commons, Nah, can't see what players with Celtic connections could ever bring to the club. While saying that, Joe McBride and Jackie Mac didn't do too badly.

Another great signing from Celtic was John McNamara.

Brightside
04-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Regardless of whether this is true or not, this is the most sensible post on the thread. Anyone who thinks samaras isn't good enough for the Scottish first division didn't pay attention when he was playing at celtic. Better than what we currently have.

He's not. He's playing at a very low level now and still not scoring.

DickieDastardly
04-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Within reason it wouldn't really bother me which club a player comes from so long they make a positive contribution to Hibs; however for me Samaras was poor when at Celtic and would not enhance our squad now.

beensaidbefore
04-01-2017, 05:11 PM
He's not. He's playing at a very low level now and still not scoring.

Fair dos but I still think he would stroll this league.

ancient hibee
04-01-2017, 05:12 PM

Think you you might mean John Macnamee.

Golden Bear
04-01-2017, 05:23 PM

Big bad John. What a player he was.

killie-hibby
04-01-2017, 05:26 PM

Yes,my mistake. Has anyone seen a better centre half in a Hibs team?

ancient hibee
04-01-2017, 05:28 PM
The first time I saw him he came up for a corner,when that was quite unusual,it was like Moses parting the Red Sea with bodies everywhere.

Big L
04-01-2017, 05:31 PM

Correct!!

northstandhibby
04-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Fair dos but I still think he would stroll this league.

Of course he would, no doubt about it. The guy's a class act. Imagine how much young JC and others would learn from him. I really hope it's true he's here to talk with us to a view of signing.

Glory Glory

Forza Fred
04-01-2017, 07:01 PM

Big John.

They don't make em like him anymore!

southsider
04-01-2017, 08:20 PM

I take it u mean the man mountain that was John McNamee

southsider
04-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Big John.

They don't make em like him anymore!

There was a song in the charts at the time that could well have been written for him. Big John, Big Bad John.

Sergey
04-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Jings - it looks like we're 'on the verge' of signing Samaras. Hibs Mad are normally spot-on :not worth

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_set_to_sign_georgios_samaras_901626/index.shtml

:hilarious

Sas_The_Hibby
04-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Is that you hinting that we're after Clive Dunn? :wink:

If this is true, and I'm sure it must be, then Lennon should be absolutely ashamed! :greengrin:greengrin

weecounty hibby
04-01-2017, 08:38 PM
My uncle who set me off on the Hibs path used to tell me stories of "Big John". Said he totally hates the Huns and during a game at ER v them he came up for a corner. As usual the crowd were chanting " Big John, Big John, Big John" corner comes in, sails over Big Johns head out of his reach so he just stuck the heid on John Grieg instead!! Not sure how true that is but would love it to be, my uncle Gordon loved him when he aged for us

lapsedhibee
05-01-2017, 04:27 AM
There was a song in the charts at the time that could well have been written for him. Big John, Big Bad John.

Yep, and the announcer used his gramophone to play the vinyl 45 from Bandparts over the p.a. system, which you could hear quite well from the east terrace.

hfc rd
06-01-2017, 01:25 AM
Meanwhile, Lennon says midfielder John McGinn "could be in contention for a squad place" following long-term injury and indicated they may be "one more" addition to his squad following last week's capture of winger Chris Humphrey from Preston North End.

Could that "one more" addition be Samaras?

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2017, 03:57 AM
If Lennon signed Brown and Giffiths would that count as signing Celtic players or would it be considered as bringing Hibs players back?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-01-2017, 04:04 AM
If Lennon signed Brown and Giffiths would that count as signing Celtic players or would it be considered as bringing Hibs players back?

You can imagine how the whole SA affair with the Gers (who have no money anyway) has lead to closer links between Hibs and Celtc.

Captain Trips
06-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Looking at the forwards we used it is basically:

Boyle
Cummings
Holt
Graham
Keatings

For me if we had been told you could have Samaras instead of one of these guys at season start I would have said yes purely based on memory of Samaras.

We are half way into season and for me Holt & Graham IMO are not the difference to win title they have been pretty much just ok. I would very happily take the risk of losing either of these guys and trying Samaras and maybe even put Boyle in there also for swap.

Its not hindsight based on what I have seen thus far of some of our forwards I would happliy swap one or two out. Do I know if Samaras will work? No, do I think he can score us more goals than the forwards selected I am very confident he can.

Holt has 3
Graham has 4
Boyle has 4

That IMO is not enough goals between them. I am not having a go at these guys or saying they are not good but at this juncture I think it is not enough goals and that IMO is why we are not more comfortable.

For me I hope the Samaras rumour is true and if not then I am fine for even if we bring in AN Other upfront who not linked with a change is needed up there.

Hopefully though I have cursed my own post and Holt/Graham/Boyle win us the match tonight.