PDA

View Full Version : First half

smithy_hibees
04-01-2017, 12:22 AM
So with the first half of the season gone by...

What's your overall thoughts on the management team, new signings and current players..

Keepers: Rocky our number 1.. Hard to judge for me... Miss Conrad but sure we all know why 💚.. Laidlaw a decent number 2 for me

Defenders:
Sir David can do no wrong for me best RB in years...
Lewis for me good defender struggles at time with role he gets asked to play but when we're back in the top division and need to defend a bit more he's exactly what we need...
McGregor best centre half in my time watching the cabbage..
Founts and Hanlon both good...

Midfielders: McGinn and Fyrvie both a class above the rest...
Dylan when or if fit he's a great midfielder but injured to much for me to put with 2 above....
Big Marv does what he does well but without the 3 guys above he looks out his depth...
Shinni is good in stages but he's currently not showing up to be any better than hendo

Strikers: I do like Keatso but Cummings must play every week so no place for keatso in the starting 11...
Boyle is a good impact player but starting 11 at hibs unfortunately not quite good enough, think he'd be great for a Falkirk or something..
I do like Greame unsure why
Holt is like a white Nade, enjoying life in the capital city of Scotland

Managements: Is Lennon and co better than Stubbs and co???
Unsure myself.. I'll let you guys argue that one but Stubbs up and left at first opportunity so...

Signings : Commons if he stays could be the difference,
Humphrey does adds pace and power, time will tell

We do need to sign a left back and 1 more forward...

Missed out a few fringe players.... Stanton, Harris and Handling for me time is up

I currently think we will go up most likely by the skin of our teeth

HappyAsHellas
04-01-2017, 12:41 AM
Happy with most of what's going on although if we want to play a wing back system then we need two as Gray and Stevenson aren't good enough for that role. I think Shinnie is a really good player who will get back to his best once Fyvie and McGinn are fit again. Centre of defence looks solid, perhaps a little more so with Marciano in goals and in saying this I still think Laidlaw has done well. Holt does well at holding up play and linking up with others and if we had better supply I'm sure he would have scored more which is the only thing letting his performances down. Cummings has to be at the heart of the attack as he scores goals for fun as the saying goes. He's done it for two seasons now and I don't see it changing thankfully. Keatings and Boyle will have to be at the top of their game to force themselves into the team but unlike with Stubbs it seems Lennon will give them the opportunity and the same goes for Graham. The addition of Humphrey is interesting as it would seem to indicate that we'll be changing formation, but this depends on who else comes or goes during the window. All in all quite confident as we've come through a tough couple of games with the biggest for Friday and we are due a rub of the green against a largely resilient but untalented Utd side. A good result and we can really start to impose ourselves on this league, and not before time.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2017, 12:53 AM
All good except the signing of Shinnie and Holt. Both have failed to do the job they were brought in to do and both are inferior to the players they were replacing.
Graham is an ok back up but that's it.
Manager appears to recognise what's needed with the signing of Humphry and Commons. I think he will bring in another striker before the end of the window as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monktonharp
04-01-2017, 01:27 AM
overall quite pleased. the Bartley sending offs cant be forgotten, we'd have won those. Shinnie looked the biz, when he came on as sub when he signed but has faded away since. he is a passenger at the mo. Holt, looks cumbersome at times but works hard, not a 90 min man though. I regularly bumped into the previous management team,and had a pint with them so I am biased but Neil Lennon is a surprisingly nice friendly guy too and seems to have a confident air about him and I think he will make us better very soon.exactly the kind of man needed, to provent any slacking in the coming battles

04-01-2017, 01:42 AM
I think it would be unfair to criticise a legend like Stubbs for leaving considering what he had in the kitty at hibs.

where'stheslope
04-01-2017, 08:33 AM
I think it would be unfair to criticise a legend like Stubbs for leaving considering what he had in the kitty at hibs.

Totally correct!

I think he left as he knew how much the side needed changing, and the money was not available to make the changes required.

The other posters on this forum every week keep saying, this player and that player needs changed, and to me Stubbs knew this and he also knew he could not make all the changes required to strengthen the team.

For these reasons, I think he took a chance on moving with a winners medal in his pocket, to get a better job!!!

Sadly, it never worked out.

J-C
04-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Whooooosh!!!

CentreLine
04-01-2017, 08:47 AM

Subtle! 🤔
I think you may. Referring to what he might have had as nobody outside of the club really knows

Keith_M
04-01-2017, 08:55 AM
Whooooosh!!!

:confused:

easty
04-01-2017, 08:56 AM

😂

smithy_hibees
04-01-2017, 10:33 AM

Really??
And Rotherham gave him a huge kitty 😂😂

J-C
04-01-2017, 10:39 AM
:confused:

Where'stheslope didn't see it.

Keith_M
04-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Where'stheslope didn't see it.

Neither did I but I've got it now

:greengrin

HappyAsHellas
04-01-2017, 11:08 AM
I think the main reason for Shinnie's dip in form has been the absence of Fyvie. Even though he still doesn't hide and tries to get forward and make things happen. A bit patience and I'm sure the doubters will warm to him.

H18 SFR
04-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Overall for all three groups in the form of the management team, new signings and current players is a 'B+'.

Beat Utd on Friday and I'd change that to an 'A-', 'A' if we win the league and 'A+' if we reach the Scottish cup final.