PDA

View Full Version : 34th minute applause for Shaun McKinley

GORDONSMITH7
03-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Shaun's family would like to invite all of the Hibernian family to participate in a rousing minutes applause in the 34th minute of the game against the Arabs this Friday night. Thanks for the hundreds of wonderful messages, e-mails, texts etc of support that have been sent from Players, Directors and the Supporters who make Hibernian the extraordinary Club that Shaun loved. What a great bunch of people.

GGTTH

BIG G

oneone73
03-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Shaun's family would like to invite all of the Hibernian family to participate in a rousing minutes applause in the 34th minute of the game against the Arabs this Friday night. Thanks for the hundreds of wonderful messages, e-mails, texts etc of support that have been sent from Players, Directors and the Supporters who make Hibernian the extraordinary Club that Shaun loved. What a great bunch of people.

GGTTH

BIG G

It's the very least we can do Big G. Hope it shows we are all thinking of you and yours.

HibbyKeith
03-01-2017, 02:21 PM
More than happy to participate Big G.

Regards to you and yours, Really sorry to hear of your loss.

Hibernia&Alba
03-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Aye, we are all very saddened to learn of your loss. Thoughts to all of your family at this very difficult time. The applause will be a lovely touch.

Dashing Bob S
03-01-2017, 02:38 PM
I'll be making some noise, and I'm sure loads of others will too.

Stantons Angel
03-01-2017, 02:40 PM
I will certainly join in the gesture not just for Shaun but for you and eileen too. Sending love at this hard time for you all.xxx

Liam978
03-01-2017, 03:07 PM
I will certainly join in the gesture not just for Shaun but for you and eileen too. Sending love at this hard time for you all.xxx

Just like to reiterate Janette's post Gordon, although Shaun's passing was to be expected, still hard to bare, love you big man x

Ilovehibs
03-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Will be giving it laldie for Shaun and all your family Big G.
A small gesture but hopefully show you the massive support you have from us Hibbies.

Hope you are all bearing up.
GGTTH.

Bostonhibby
03-01-2017, 03:37 PM
Sadly wont be in Edinburgh but that's a 34th minute that will be loudly applauded.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

GORDONSMITH7
03-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Sadly wont be in Edinburgh but that's a 34th minute that will be loudly applauded.

Same sentiments have been sent from The Netherlands, Norway, The USA, Ireland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales amigo. I will see you when you are next back.

GGTTH

BIG G

Bostonhibby
03-01-2017, 05:58 PM
Same sentiments have been sent from The Netherlands, Norway, The USA, Ireland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales amigo. I will see you when you are next back.

GGTTH

BIG G
Nae words for it Gordon. We'll mark that 34th minute, promise.

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2017, 06:28 PM
This is a terribly sad story that I have been following on .net. Although I don'the know Shaun or any of his family, I will certainly be participating. What strikes me is the post from Big G and the obvious comfort this gesture from the Hibs family will bring to G and his loved ones at this truly terrible moment in their lives. RIP Shaun I salute your tremendous courage GGTTH.

GORDONSMITH7
03-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Received a really beautiful text from John McGinn last night and from John and Suzanne Doolan tonight. Quality.

GGTTH

BIG G

http://i68.tinypic.com/2lj2scn.jpg

FC Groningen Hibernian St.Patrick's Branch members. Top folk.

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Jonnyboy
03-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Received a really beautiful text from John McGinn last night and from John and Suzanne Doolan tonight. Quality.

GGTTH

BIG

Fantastic to hear that, G. We're all with you buddy

GORDONSMITH7
03-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Fantastic to hear that, G. We're all with you buddy

Thanks John. You have no idea how much this means to us at this time.

BIG G

calumhibee1
04-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Thoughts are with you and your family mate. I'm sure the Hibee family will do you proud.

BSEJVT
04-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Although I was aware of Shaun's story I am not a regular bounce visitor so hadn't seen the thread on their forum.

I read it the other day and I am not ashamed to say it moved me to tears whilst at the same time I found it hugely inspirational.

I simply cannot comprehend the courage and dignity with which Shaun and his family have shared their journey.

I know from your comments Big G how proud you are of him and not that it will mean anything from someone you don't know but you have absolutely every right to be.

His first post said Live Forever, I have no doubt that his memory and courage will do so.

It has certainly made me think about how unimportant most things really are.

My deepest condolences to you all

George

Pretty Boy
04-01-2017, 11:59 AM

GGTTH

BIG G

http://i68.tinypic.com/2lj2scn.jpg

FC Groningen Hibernian St.Patrick's Branch members. Top folk.

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

An often overused term but proper Hibs class from John McGinn and John Doolan and his partner.

marinello59
04-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Bump.

Baldy Foghorn
04-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Thanks John. You have no idea how much this means to us at this time.

BIG G

Everyone behind you G..........

mentalhibee
04-01-2017, 09:29 PM
What a great character, always made me laugh when in his company. My thoughts go out to all his family, delighted Shaun got to witness Hibs win the Cup. I will be applauding with all my might on Friday.

GORDONSMITH7
04-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Two very uplifting phone calls received today one this morning from John Doolan and another tonight from Alan Stubbs. Top blokes.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/74bc01c083e7ecf4a6ab1df101e31018.jpg

GGTTH

BIG G

FranckSuzy
04-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Two very uplifting phone calls received today one this morning from John Doolan and another tonight from Alan Stubbs. Top blokes.

GGTTH

BIG G

Quality, Big G.

Leithenhibby
04-01-2017, 10:50 PM

GGTTH

BIG G

Top blokes indeed.

Eddie Turnbull, was bang on the money when he spoke about "Hibs Class".

My thoughts are very much with you and the family at this extremely sad time.

GORDONSMITH7
05-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Top blokes indeed.

Eddie Turnbull, was bang on the money when he spoke about "Hibs Class".

My thoughts are very much with you and the family at this extremely sad time.

I know that 'Hibs Class' has almost become a clique but Ned's words have been proven to me to be spot on.

BIG G

CMurdoch
06-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Just a wee reminder
Lift the roof off for a brave guy and his family

jacomo
06-01-2017, 05:46 PM
What a crowd for it too.

HoboHarry
06-01-2017, 05:48 PM
What is the significance of the 34th minute? I didn't know him and was just curious?

oneone73
06-01-2017, 05:54 PM
What is the significance of the 34th minute? I didn't know him and was just curious?

Shaun passed away at the age of just 34.

oldbutdim
06-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Just had his 34th birthday last month.

HoboHarry
06-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Ah fair enough - what a horribly young age to go.......

kenny.ff
06-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Sounded fantastic on the tv. Flag looked great aswell

rotherhamrob
06-01-2017, 09:56 PM
I don't know you big G but 3-0 seems to be your favourite prediction,tonight I think it was written in the stars.

Itsnoteasy
06-01-2017, 11:15 PM
Hats of to the DU fans everyone observed the minutes applause

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-01-2017, 11:21 PM
I don't know you Gordon nor your son but even I welled up at the minutes applause. For someone to die so young is devastating.

Your boy will have been looking down with a smile on his face at that tonight!

RIP and condolences to you and your family

The hibs family - together as one x

McD
06-01-2017, 11:23 PM

GGTTH

BIG G

Times like these are when the true dignity, class. compassion, support, genuine rallying round their own, and human nature of people shine through, none more so than your son.

My my thoughts are with you and your family, your strength and love will keep his memory with you always

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Superb reception for both our Shaun's this evening. Hibs class. RIP to both young men [emoji172]

calumhibee1
07-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Superb reception for both our Shaun's this evening. Hibs class. RIP to both young men [emoji172]

Agreed. May both Shaun's rest in peace.

matty_f
07-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Thought the crowd marked the moment superbly. Hope that have you some comfort, Big G. Thoughts are with you.

sbell1875
07-01-2017, 12:31 AM
Welling up reading the comments here and thinking back to both of the minutes applause tonight.

RIP both and fantastic to see true Hibs class from Stubbs, Doolan, McGinn to name but a few.

Delighted the team delivered on the pitch and both guys would have been super proud of our club tonight.

Scott Allan Key
07-01-2017, 12:36 AM
Much love to you and the family and to Shaun, who the angels up above blessing Hibs with a performance and spirit befitting his sad passing. Forever green, forever happy now and in our hearts. Thanks for sharing and hope the crowd gave a great send off as Shaun looked on.

Pete
07-01-2017, 12:37 AM

:agree:

They were probably quite confused but hats off indeed to those of them who joined in.

GORDONSMITH7
07-01-2017, 01:41 AM
I don't know you big G but 3-0 seems to be your favourite prediction,tonight I think it was written in the stars.

I have a wee bet on Hibs to win 3-0 every week amigo. This game was special so @14/1.....Paddy Power Turf Accountants 0 Sarcoma UK and St. Columba's Hospice £280 each. Well done Hibs and our magnificent support.

GGTTH

BIG G

CMurdoch
07-01-2017, 01:57 AM
Although I was aware of Shaun's story I am not a regular bounce visitor so hadn't seen the thread on their forum.

I read it the other day and I am not ashamed to say it moved me to tears whilst at the same time I found it hugely inspirational.

I simply cannot comprehend the courage and dignity with which Shaun and his family have shared their journey.

I know from your comments Big G how proud you are of him and not that it will mean anything from someone you don't know but you have absolutely every right to be.

His first post said Live Forever, I have no doubt that his memory and courage will do so.

It has certainly made me think about how unimportant most things really are.

My deepest condolences to you all

George

:top marksGreat post George. Couldn't put it better.
A great guy, family and friends.
I was standing in the East tonight tears streaming down my face on 34 minutes.

Stantons Angel
07-01-2017, 02:00 AM
I know that 'Hibs Class' has almost become a clique but Ned's words have been proven to me to be spot on.

BIG G

And i think "Hibs class" would describe the tribute tonight for both Shaun's from the Hibs supporters!

SRHibs
07-01-2017, 02:01 AM
I have a wee bet on Hibs to win 3-0 every week amigo. This game was special so @14/1.....Paddy Power Turf Accountants 0 Sarcoma UK and St. Columba's Hospice £280 each. Well done Hibs and our magnificent support.

GGTTH

BIG G

Funnily enough my father(Heid) mentioned your 3-0 bet today after the game - you walked past and said hi but may not have recognised him.

Glad we got the most fitting result tonight! #LiveForever

Ilovehibs
07-01-2017, 09:29 AM

GGTTH

BIG G

That is just marvellous Big G. What a fitting result for you and Shaun. Amazing that the 2 charities so close to your heart will benefit from your bet/the result. Just meant to be sometimes eh.
Beautiful tribute to your brave boy from all the fans last night. Hope it will stay with you and the family and lift you at your lowest moments.
The Hibernian family is with you pal.
Rest in peace Shaun. Glory to the great Hibees.

Keith_M
07-01-2017, 09:53 AM

:agree:

GORDONSMITH7
07-01-2017, 10:51 AM
Funnily enough my father(Heid) mentioned your 3-0 bet today after the game - you walked past and said hi but may not have recognised him.

Glad we got the most fitting result tonight! #LiveForever

I did mate. Met him many Hibee moons ago. A gentleman.

BIG G

lugz
07-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Both minute applauses were excellent last night and very moving, like someone already said I'm welling up just reading this thread.

My best wishes go out to both families at this very difficult time and hope they can find extra strength through the hibs family.

FranckSuzy
07-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Saw this on the Bounce. :top marks to everyone who participated and I hope it brought the family some comfort, Big G.

Billy McKirdy
07-01-2017, 04:05 PM
I watched the highlights on TV after I finished work and was touched by the tribute to Shaun, I didnt know him but my girlfriend is friends with his wife, my 15 year old step daughter has been raising fund's for Sarcoma in support of Shaun since late November and she's getting her hair cut tomorrow to donate her hair to make wigs for children with cancer going through chemotherapy.
To date she's raised over £1100 to go towards Sarcoma research and we're all very proud of her for doing this.
It's a horrible disease which usually affects younger people like Shaun and I know all she's raised will hopefully help find a cure one day.
RIP Shaun.
#teammckinley
:flag:

brog
07-01-2017, 04:09 PM
A desperately sad, but at the same time, uplifting thread. I hope all the good wishes bring you some comfort at a horrendous time in your lives & good to see that Alan Stubbs & John Doolan are indeed just top class people.

Canon Hannan
07-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Saw this on the Bounce. :top marks to everyone who participated and I hope it brought the family some comfort, Big G.

What an amazing gesture from the Hibernian family to Big G and his family. May it give them strength and hope 🙏

07-01-2017, 04:14 PM

GGTTH

BIG G

Difficult to know what to say in these situations, I'm so sorry for your loss Big G. I didn't know Shaun personally but going by the many comments i've read he seemed like a very well liked young man who fought his illness which a great deal of courage.

All my thoughts to you and your family at this sad time and I hope you took some comfort from the appaulse last night. Just a little something to show you the support you have from the Hibernian family.

RIP Shaun

southfieldhibby
07-01-2017, 04:34 PM
I watched the highlights on TV after I finished work and was touched by the tribute to Shaun, I didnt know him but my girlfriend is friends with his wife, my 15 year old step daughter has been raising fund's for Sarcoma in support of Shaun since late November and she's getting her hair cut tomorrow to donate her hair to make wigs for children with cancer going through chemotherapy.
To date she's raised over £1100 to go towards Sarcoma research and we're all very proud of her for doing this.
It's a horrible disease which usually affects younger people like Shaun and I know all she's raised will hopefully help find a cure one day.
RIP Shaun.
#teammckinley
:flag:

This is outstanding Marine, sounds like your step daughter is a wonderful kid.

ekhibee
07-01-2017, 04:39 PM
I was confused, there were 2 rounds of applause, what was the other one for about 5 mins before?

Billy Whizz
07-01-2017, 04:43 PM
I was confused, there were 2 rounds of applause, what was the other one for about 5 mins before?

The other Shaun, the poor lad who was murdered on Gt Junction St on New Years morning. He was only 30

Billy McKirdy
07-01-2017, 05:34 PM
This is outstanding Marine, sounds like your step daughter is a wonderful kid.

She sure is, a very caring young lady, the haircut she's been planning for over 3 years since she was 11, it had to be a certain length to be of any use, once she decided it was time she thought it would be appropriate to tie it with raising funds in support of Shaun and Sarcoma, the generosity of people has been humbling and truly amazing, Karen (my girlfriend) met Shaun a few times and spoke highly of him, Beth (my step daughter) has been so determined to make this a great success, not least in tribute to Shaun and his family.

Beths page can be found here.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Beth-Nisbet?utm_source=Facebook

Scouse Hibee
07-01-2017, 05:37 PM

The first one yes but not the second as I think they were a tad confused.

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Great to see the Hibs support showing their appreciation for the families of the two Shaun's, both cruelly taken before their time, both in horrible though different circumstances. Well done to the United fans who supported this.

Joe Baker II
07-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Haven’t had time to post on here for ages but wanted to add a message, I never met Shaun but his dad is an absolutely great guy and would like to echo all the posters above in sending condolences to him and his family, so sad to lose a son at that age and hope posts on this thread provide some comfort.

Billy McKirdy
07-01-2017, 09:48 PM
A massive thank you to Alan, Jack and Harry for your donation to Beth''s appeal from Beth 😊

Hibby D
08-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Worth a bump. What a great gesture by Beth.

She sure is, a very caring young lady, the haircut she's been planning for over 3 years since she was 11, it had to be a certain length to be of any use, once she decided it was time she thought it would be appropriate to tie it with raising funds in support of Shaun and Sarcoma, the generosity of people has been humbling and truly amazing, Karen (my girlfriend) met Shaun a few times and spoke highly of him, Beth (my step daughter) has been so determined to make this a great success, not least in tribute to Shaun and his family.

Beths page can be found here.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Beth-Nisbet?utm_source=Facebook

ekhibee
08-01-2017, 05:09 PM
The other Shaun, the poor lad who was murdered on Gt Junction St on New Years morning. He was only 30
Thanks for letting us know Billy, another tragic loss of a young life..

GORDONSMITH7
08-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Top geezer Stubbs talks about Shaun.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-former-boss-alan-stubbs-looks-back-and-forward-1-4334120

GGTTH

BIG G

Billy McKirdy
08-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Worth a bump. What a great gesture by Beth.

Beth says thank you so much for your donation Hibby D x
She's already raised almost £1200 towards Sarcoma UK.

Shaun''s wife sent Beth a message to support her fundraising this morning.

Sarcoma receives only 1-2% of all cancer funding in the UK and for a cancer which currently only has a 50% survival rate, proportionately more funding is necessary to omprove that figure.

Thank you all for your support #teammkinley

trev the hat
08-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Top geezer Stubbs talks about Shaun.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-former-boss-alan-stubbs-looks-back-and-forward-1-4334120

GGTTH

BIG G

Brilliant from Stubbs !!
Delighted to hear of your correct score on Friday G & the beneficiaries, fantastic gesture.
Thinking of you amigo

GORDONSMITH7
09-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Beth says thank you so much for your donation Hibby D x
She's already raised almost £1200 towards Sarcoma UK.

Shaun''s wife sent Beth a message to support her fundraising this morning.

Sarcoma receives only 1-2% of all cancer funding in the UK and for a cancer which currently only has a 50% survival rate, proportionately more funding is necessary to omprove that figure.

Thank you all for your support #teammkinley

New nowt about this amigo. Just mentioned to my wife. She told me about Beth and her wonderful gesture and that she had donated. Led Zeppelin - Communication Breakdown. Anyway have pitched in myself to support Beth's efforts to raise dough for the Cinderella of cancers when it comes to research. Well done again Beth.

GGTTH

BIG G

Billy McKirdy
09-01-2017, 04:45 PM
New nowt about this amigo. Just mentioned to my wife. She told me about Beth and her wonderful gesture and that she had donated. Led Zeppelin - Communication Breakdown. Anyway have pitched in myself to support Beth's efforts to raise dough for the Cinderella of cancers when it comes to research. Well done again Beth.

GGTTH

BIG G

Thanks BIG G

Can I pass on my sincere condolences to you and your family from mines.

When Beth first told us she was going to raise money in support of Shaun and Sarcoma research we gave her our full support and encouragement.

I think it's the most cruel of conditions and the courage and dignity that Shaun had in his fight has been an inspiration for us all.

Beth thanks you for your donation and will keep her page open for further donations until next Monday.

The generosity of everyone who's contributed has been humbling, cam I just mention my colleagues at Lothian Buses Marine depot in Portobello who have chipped a considerable amount to Beth''s appeal as well as the Hibs fans on the net who've given generously too.

I wish you and all your family well at this difficult time.

Once again, on behalf of Beth, thank you for your kind words.

Marinehibby

GGTTH

#teammckinley

Jonnyboy
09-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Donation made - well done Beth, you're a star x

GORDONSMITH7
09-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Thanks BIG G

Can I pass on my sincere condolences to you and your family from mines.

When Beth first told us she was going to raise money in support of Shaun and Sarcoma research we gave her our full support and encouragement.

I think it's the most cruel of conditions and the courage and dignity that Shaun had in his fight has been an inspiration for us all.

Beth thanks you for your donation and will keep her page open for further donations until next Monday.

The generosity of everyone who's contributed has been humbling, cam I just mention my colleagues at Lothian Buses Marine depot in Portobello who have chipped a considerable amount to Beth''s appeal as well as the Hibs fans on the net who've given generously too.

I wish you and all your family well at this difficult time.

Once again, on behalf of Beth, thank you for your kind words.

Marinehibby

GGTTH

#teammckinley

Thanks mate. As John has said she is a star.

BIG G

Billy McKirdy
10-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Donation made - well done Beth, you're a star x

Beth says thank you very much Jonnyboy, it's very much appreciated 😊

Billy McKirdy
10-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Thanks mate. As John has said she is a star.

BIG G

Thanks BIG G, she's an absolute gem 😊