PDA

View Full Version : Players leaving

Tamhere1875
03-01-2017, 12:42 PM
How many players will be leaving Hibs in this transfer window ?

calumhibee1
03-01-2017, 12:53 PM
I personally would let go of Handling, Harris and Stanton if possible and I'd imagine Eardley (I'm not even sure if that's his name) won't get his contract renewed. I do realise it's not as simple as just binning them though. Even if getting rid of the 4 of them freed up a wage for one top quality player to start for the first team it would be good business IMO.

California-Hibs
03-01-2017, 12:57 PM
Handling, Harris and Stanton for sure.

Allant1981
03-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Handling, Harris and Stanton for sure.

who would take handling though? been injured for ages so cant see many people being keen and we wont pay him off

Nicho87
03-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Handling, Harris, Stanton, Eardley, bigger earners who might be moved on you would guess could be Bartley, Forster.

Smartie
03-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Our squad was stretched to the limit in the second half of last season.

I don't think we should be looking to punt anyone, and I'd be rotating the squad where possible to keep everyone fit, fresh and motivated.

We're not in the League Cup but iirc we only had 2 games in that competition post-Christmas last year.

We need cover for starting positions and different tactical options.

There's nobody currently at ER imo who "isn't fit to wear the shirt" and if we're deadly serious about getting promoted and doing our cup defence justice, we should be looking to hang onto everyone.

Dashing Bob S
03-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Harris, Handling and Stanton were exciting prospects but none have progressed in the manner we hoped/expected and their time (sadly) now has to be up at ER.

Big L
03-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Everyone points at Handling Harris and Stanton but these guys have all got contracts and I don't see Hibs paying them off, so it looks like they will remain part of the squad or out on loan. I read a couple of weeks ago that Lennon had talks with Stanton re bringing him back. Don't forget, he still trains with Hibs 3 days a week. I would also like to have a look at Handling, you never know, he just might have a better attitude.
Eardley will go, as for Forster, he just signed a new 2yr deal so he's going nowhere!

Unseen work
03-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Plenty of teams in the championship would take guys like Harris Stanton and handling if they were offered them for free.

All good players but for one reason or another havent quite succeeded at hibs

where'stheslope
03-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Plenty of teams in the championship would take guys like Harris Stanton and handling if they were offered them for free.

Good point.

The problem is if the players stay at Hibs, we pay their wages for the length of the contract.

If they move they will receive less money from other clubs, so why cut your nose to spite your face!!!

silverhibee
03-01-2017, 02:23 PM
Thought Stanton signed a season long loan with Dumbarton.

Think he will see out his 4 year contract with Hibs and then move on.

J-C
03-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Harris has a contract to the end of the season, Handling and Stanton I think are till next year, Eardly is away as he only had a contract till january.

The Spaceman
03-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Sell Handling and Stanton ASAP, wasted wages.

Loan out Crane and Insall.

silverhibee
03-01-2017, 03:04 PM

As has been mentioned, Handling is injured so won't be going anywhere, Stanton on year loan deal and can't see him being bought by any one, I think he will just see his contract out with Hibs, whether out on loan or up in the stand at Hibs until 2018.

Insall is already out on loan and it doesn't seem Crane is ready for our 1st team so best if he went out on loan for rest of the season.

Famous Fiver
03-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Stanton had an outstanding game in the defeat of Dundee Utd. Looked a class act in the highlights I saw. Well worth persevering with him once his loan deal is finished.

He's done his bit to damage Utd. Now it's up to the others to do the same on Friday.

staunchhibby
03-01-2017, 03:29 PM
Possibly sam will be back.They will not pay up remainder of contracts.

indiejak1413
03-01-2017, 04:05 PM

Crane is NOT allowed to go out on loan...which seems strange. Hibs don't want to play him and they don't want anyone else to play him either.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

fife hfc
03-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Our squad has been stretched recently and why would people get rid of Eardley. He was brought in as back up and just because they are not in the team at the moment an injury to Gray and we would be up **** creek. I can't believe even Forster and Bartleys names have been mentioned. Mental!

CapitalGreen
03-01-2017, 04:24 PM

Why are Handling and Stanton wasted wages but Insall not?

HoboHarry
03-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Everyone points at Handling Harris and Stanton but these guys have all got contracts and I don't see Hibs paying them off, so it looks like they will remain part of the squad or out on loan. I read a couple of weeks ago that Lennon had talks with Stanton re bringing him back. Don't forget, he still trains with Hibs 3 days a week. I would also like to have a look at Handling, you never know, he just might have a better attitude.
Eardley will go, as for Forster, he just signed a new 2yr deal so he's going nowhere!
What is suspect about Danny Handling's attitude?

Ozyhibby
03-01-2017, 04:29 PM

All of those players are available for free to anybody who wants them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2017, 04:32 PM
I'd get rid of Sturbridge, always injured.

lord bunberry
03-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Why are Handling and Stanton wasted wages but Insall not?

You could argue that Handling and Stanton have had a chance in the first team and couldn't hold down a place, whereas Insall hasn't.

tamig
03-01-2017, 04:43 PM
You could argue that Handling and Stanton have had a chance in the first team and couldn't hold down a place, whereas Insall hasn't.

Handling has been very unlucky with injuries. I thought he looked very good in pre-season only to be struck down again.

CapitalGreen
03-01-2017, 04:50 PM

2 separate management teams have deemed him not good enough for this level. We are hopefully going to be at even higher level next year so I doubt he'll be in their plans then.

fiolex1
03-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Handling to Raith on loan i' ve heard, don't know about Stanton and Harris

truehibernian
03-01-2017, 05:08 PM
Can see Handling, Harris and Stanton leaving to make way for Swanson.

Salt N Sauzee
03-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Ah the annual Stanton, Handling and Harris thread....

truehibernian
03-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Ah the annual Stanton, Handling and Harris thread....

I like all 3 SnS but we are needing midfielders who regularly chip in with at least 10-12 goals a season - none of them do hence I think they'll go.

lord bunberry
03-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Handling has been very unlucky with injuries. I thought he looked very good in pre-season only to be struck down again.

I don't want us to let them go, I was only making a point regarding Insall

lord bunberry
03-01-2017, 05:30 PM
2 separate management teams have deemed him not good enough for this level. We are hopefully going to be at even higher level next year so I doubt he'll be in their plans then.

Stubbs brought him in as a bit of a long term project and Lennon has only been here for a few months. It's a bit early to be writting the boy off.

bod
03-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Handling to Raith on loan i' ve heard, don't know about Stanton and Harris

thought they only signed ex yams

Pete
03-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Loan all the fringe players out to other teams in this league, hopefully taking points off United in the process. :-D

we are hibs
03-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Who decided it was a bright idea to give handling a 4 year contract in the first place? He'd hardly been a standout before then and had already had injury problems. Find it incredible he's still at the club. Same with Harris. Stanton I can understand as he contributes by scoring a few goals but the other two are completely useless and wastes of wages.

brianmc
03-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Who decided it was a bright idea to give handling a 4 year contract in the first place? He'd hardly been a standout before then and had already had injury problems. Find it incredible he's still at the club. Same with Harris. Stanton I can understand as he contributes by scoring a few goals but the other two are completely useless and wastes of wages.

Wasn't it Mr T Butcher?

HoboHarry
03-01-2017, 05:52 PM
The same people who would have been slaughtered if they had done well and then left on freedom of contract. They had done enough at the time to warrant a further contract, but it's easy to be clever in hindsight isn't it?

Big L
03-01-2017, 05:52 PM
What is suspect about Danny Handling's attitude?

I'm the last person to decry young Hibs players, I would love to see all 3 and a lot more making the 1st team. I thought I read on here away back that he could be a bit unproffessional off the park, not maybe looking after himself as he should, if thats true then I hope he gets it together and forces his way in to Lennons plans. If it's not true then I apologise for casting aspersions against the lads character. As to getting rid of young players, you are alwsys concerned that your decision comes bavk to bite you in the ass, it looks like that could be the case with young Josh Peters who we let go recently, it appears that their are clubs like Millwall and Carlisle after him.

J-C
03-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Butcher agreed Handling 4 yr contract and Stubbs didn't go back on it when he took over, very lucky lad to get a deal like that, same with Harris and Stanton, long term deals on the back of a bit of promise in their play. Now we can't get shot of them because of the long contracts handed out by prior management.

lord bunberry
03-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Wasn't it Mr T Butcher?

It was Stubbs

Thecat23
03-01-2017, 06:06 PM
It was Stubbs

It was Butcher, because it was promised to him Stubbs then honoured it.

Heisenberg
03-01-2017, 06:09 PM
Can see Handling, Harris and Stanton leaving to make way for Swanson.

Would be happy with that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Not sure that there is anything wrong with making it known that players are available for free if any team fancies a punt on them.

where'stheslope
03-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Not sure that there is anything wrong with making it known that players are available for free if any team fancies a punt on them.

As I said earlier!

They don't need to go because the club wants rid of them, they are under contract and where ever they go they will take a pay cut.

So they are likely to see out any contract before leaving.

Also even if they go out on loan, Hibs have to pay their wages or make up the difference of what the other club pays!!!!

So to say 3 players out to bring in Swanson is great, but it is still just another wage!

lord bunberry
03-01-2017, 07:16 PM
It was Butcher, because it was promised to him Stubbs then honoured it.

He didn't have to. Stubbs said he was going to sort big Conrad out with a deal and Lennon didn't give him one.

Andy74
03-01-2017, 07:21 PM
As I said earlier!

They don't need to go because the club wants rid of them, they are under contract and where ever they go they will take a pay cut.

So they are likely to see out any contract before leaving.

Also even if they go out on loan, Hibs have to pay their wages or make up the difference of what the other club pays!!!!

So to say 3 players out to bring in Swanson is great, but it is still just another wage!

If we can get another club to take them it's still ideal because at worst we would pay the difference in the contracts. Better than keeping them here taking a full contract and being miles away from the team.

Broken Gnome
03-01-2017, 07:24 PM
He didn't have to. Stubbs said he was going to sort big Conrad out with a deal and Lennon didn't give him one.

MOWBRAY RIORDAN MOWBRAY RIORDAN MOWBRAY RIORDAN.

Repeat ad nauseam.

jacomo
03-01-2017, 07:49 PM
I like all 3 SnS but we are needing midfielders who regularly chip in with at least 10-12 goals a season - none of them do hence I think they'll go.

Tbf both Stanton n Handling have scored goals for us. Both have a better goal to game ratio than our first choice midfielders.

But if they don't get the opportunity then it's probably best that they move on.

21sMay
03-01-2017, 08:55 PM
I think most Hibs fans would be happy to see handling, Stanton and Harris go if it was to make way for Danny Swanson. Unfortunately i can't see this happening as we have signed humphreys and commons (who I reckon will be here untill end of the season)

Brightside
03-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Stubbs brought him in as a bit of a long term project and Lennon has only been here for a few months. It's a bit early to be writting the boy off.

I can't see him ever playing for Hibs.

Brightside
03-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Handling is back in training and could well be away on loan in Jan. I couldnt see Stanton getting a game either with the current squad. We are a week or so away from having full strength midfield again...and i can't see anyone in our current squad who would get in before SJM, Fyvie, Martin, Commons, Humphrey, Dylan, Shinnie....(Thats 7 players to find space for... ;-)

J-C
03-01-2017, 09:07 PM
I can't see him ever playing for Hibs.

Moved up a league with E Fife and is nowhere near as prolific as last season, only 6 so far, seemingly came back from summer break a stone overweight which Lennon wasn't happy with, he was worth a punt but I don't think he'll be here next season.

McD
03-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Handling is back in training and could well be away on loan in Jan. I couldnt see Stanton getting a game either with the current squad. We are a week or so away from having full strength midfield again...and i can't see anyone in our current squad who would get in before SJM, Fyvie, Martin, Commons, Humphrey, Dylan, Shinnie....(Thats 7 players to find space for... ;-)

bartley and potentially Boyle as well (depending on how Lennon uses him between now and end of the season), so yeah, can't see any of those 3 getting into the team. Harris has had a few opportunities in games this season, and not really done much. Shame really, he could,have been part of the pace and width we've needed.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2017, 12:45 AM
bartley and potentially Boyle as well (depending on how Lennon uses him between now and end of the season), so yeah, can't see any of those 3 getting into the team. Harris has had a few opportunities in games this season, and not really done much. Shame really, he could,have been part of the pace and width we've needed.

The pace disappeared with the injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
04-01-2017, 10:06 AM
I think most Hibs fans would be happy to see handling, Stanton and Harris go if it was to make way for Danny Swanson. Unfortunately i can't see this happening as we have signed humphreys and commons (who I reckon will be here untill end of the season)

Who is this player HumphreyS you speak of?