PDA

View Full Version : QI

snooky
02-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Just watching it now. How crap has this programme become.
Canned laughter with stupid shallow gags. It has lost all its sophistication.
Shame.

lord bunberry
03-01-2017, 02:59 AM
Just watching it now. How crap has this programme become.
Canned laughter with stupid shallow gags. It has lost all its sophistication.
Shame.
I don't think it's canned laughter, I'm pretty sure it's still filmed in front of a live audience. It was always going to be difficult to replace Stephen Fry, but they've made a half decent job of it with Sandy Togsvig imo.

O'Rourke3
04-01-2017, 09:10 PM
I don't think it's canned laughter, I'm pretty sure it's still filmed in front of a live audience. It was always going to be difficult to replace Stephen Fry, but they've made a half decent job of it with Sandy Togsvig imo.

Me too.

brianmc
04-01-2017, 09:18 PM
The "Qi elves" do a weekly podcast called No Such Thing as a Fish - it's well worth a listen if you're amused by random, bizarre facts.

Mibbes Aye
08-01-2017, 12:19 AM

:agree:

I don;t particularly like Toskvig but she is probably the most natural replacement for Fry.

snooky
08-01-2017, 11:48 AM
:agree:

I don;t particularly like Toskvig but she is probably the most natural replacement for Fry.

Oddly enough, I used to like her when she first appeared on the telly but I find her quite irritating now.

Just Jimmy
10-01-2017, 11:39 PM
I was a big fan before and hadn't even heard Fry was leaving. My first knowledge was tuning in to episode 2 to see her hosting thinking she was just standing in. When i looked it up my reaction was more WTF than oh good.

Having watched it all season, I must say I think it's better with her.

I would be more than delighted if Phil Jupitus never appeared on telly again though. A most unfunny specimen who adds nothing to QI whenever he is on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-01-2017, 12:20 PM
I would be more than delighted if Phil Jupitus never appeared on telly again though. A most unfunny specimen who adds nothing to QI whenever he is on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

His performance on Live at the Apollo was embarassing, It looked like he was off his nut on something.

snooky
11-01-2017, 02:33 PM
His performance on Live at the Apollo was embarassing, It looked like he was off his nut on something.

I heard he was awful at North Berwick "Fringe on the Sea"(?) a couple of years ago.

TRC
16-01-2017, 02:00 AM

Was that the one were he talked about his daughters boyfriend

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-01-2017, 07:05 AM
Was that the one were he talked about his daughters boyfriend

I can't remember to be honest, he had some sort of cloak thing on and was crap, I can recall that much!