PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie

Hibby_G
02-01-2017, 10:41 AM
Anyone know roughly when this man will be back ?:aok:

Golden Bear
02-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Anyone know roughly when this man will be back ?:aok:

Only saying what I've read but he should be back within the next couple of weeks.

Who knows, maybe even Friday?

Hibby_G
02-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Only saying what I've read but he should be back within the next couple of weeks.

Who knows, maybe even Friday?
Cheers, hope he's back soon.:agree:

Cod Boy
02-01-2017, 11:29 AM
There is a under 20 match this afternoon I would guess if he has any chance for Friday he would get a run out today.

offshorehibby
02-01-2017, 11:34 AM
There is a under 20 match this afternoon I would guess if he has any chance for Friday he would get a run out today.

U20 game off according to a couple of other threads. Plus, if this is a cup game, not sure if they are allowed to field over age players.

--------
02-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Cheers, hope he's back soon.:agree:

Yup. We've missed him - hopefully get the injuries cleared up and put a run together in the second half of the season.

Don't want more disappointments.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2017, 12:15 PM
Fyvie makes us tick, he's the player who's always available and moving it on. He breaks play up, gets us going forward and gives us cover when defending.

I hope we get him signed up for another 4 years at least, and we build the team around him.

CorrieHibs
02-01-2017, 12:21 PM
I was reading the EEN this morning someone emailed this in....
Fyvie for me can remain injured as he does nothing to improve the team

obviously the person doesn't see Hibs much. Fyvie is without doubt one of our best players. We miss him when he's out.

Baader
02-01-2017, 12:38 PM

obviously the person doesn't see Hibs much. Fyvie is without doubt one of our best players. We miss him when he's out.

Think he's quite underrated. He's an important player for us.

.Sean.
02-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Fyvie makes us tick, he's the player who's always available and moving it on. He breaks play up, gets us going forward and gives us cover when defending.

I hope we get him signed up for another 4 years at least, and we build the team around him.
:agree: Agreed

lucky
02-01-2017, 12:40 PM
FF is the link from defence to forwards but he is a target for some boo boys

Hibby_G
02-01-2017, 12:56 PM

Agree:agree:

snooky
02-01-2017, 12:57 PM
Think he's quite underrated. He's an important player for us.

:agree: Me 2

02-01-2017, 01:00 PM
One of our most underrated players IMO. The sooner we have a fit Fyvie and a fit McGinn back in the team the better.

Brooster
02-01-2017, 01:04 PM
U20 game off according to a couple of other threads. Plus, if this is a cup game, not sure if they are allowed to field over age players.

Not a cup game. Fyvie is a class act, we miss him when he's not around.

West lower
02-01-2017, 01:09 PM
One of our most underrated players IMO. The sooner we have a fit Fyvie and a fit McGinn back in the team the better.

I was told a couple of days ago that Fyvie is a good bit behind McGinn in recovery time. Apparently taking longer than was hoped. This came from someone who is usually spot on. Hoping it's wrong, but he seemed to get it from a reliable source. Don't shoot the messenger.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Maybe the point about the way Fyvie plays is the his contribution is rarely flashy or eye catching but it is nonetheless vital. The poster who says he adds nothing to the team is on the wind up surely.

jeffers
02-01-2017, 01:12 PM
I thought last season he was pretty inconsistent, had some great games and some howlers, but even when he wasn't playing well he never hid.

This season I think he's been consistently good, excellent at times. I'll be glad to see him back and hope we get him signed up on an extended contract.

Hibby_G
02-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Agree again:agree:

greenlex
02-01-2017, 01:14 PM

Hopefully Martin filling his boots.

jax67
02-01-2017, 01:18 PM

Probably a comment from the west side of town.

02-01-2017, 01:24 PM
I was told a couple of days ago that Fyvie is a good bit behind McGinn in recovery time. Apparently taking longer than was hoped. This came from someone who is usually spot on. Hoping it's wrong, but he seemed to get it from a reliable source. Don't shoot the messenger.

Think your right. Lennon in the papers today saying McGinn might be ok for friday as might Marcianno but no mention of Fyvie.

The Modfather
02-01-2017, 01:47 PM

Wouldn't disagree with any of that, but does sound like the same description of McGeough, and to a lesser extent McGinn. Personally I feel it's Fyvie or McGeough in this league. Wouldn't play them both as they do the same role, IMO, which is a non scoring, non assisting role. Which isn't to say they don't bring anything to the team.

col02
02-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Fraser is my favourite Hibs player as like already noted and said by many others he is the link between defence and midfield. Noticeable when he doesn't play that Hibs are a bit more route one. He is always available to receive a pass and isn't afraid to put the foot in.

Johnny_Leith
02-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Since Fyvie signed in Feb 2015:

Hibs games with Fraser Fyvie V without

With W/D/L: 34/10/12 - 60.71% wins
GF: 94
GA: 49

Without W/D/L: 22/7/10 - 56.41% wins
GF: 60
GA: 33

I was bored. Didn't cure it.

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2017, 02:51 PM

Agreed. Absolute lynchpin. Superb temperament. Even when it's not working out for him, his head never goes down and he always wants the ball. It galls me when I hear criticism of him. The most vital player in our squad.

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Wouldn't disagree with any of that, but does sound like the same description of McGeough, and to a lesser extent McGinn. Personally I feel it's Fyvie or McGeough in this league. Wouldn't play them both as they do the same role, IMO, which is a non scoring, non assisting role. Which isn't to say they don't bring anything to the team.

McGeough if he was on the pitch more than the treatment table.

Alex Trager
02-01-2017, 03:19 PM
What actually happened with him?

eastcoasthibby
02-01-2017, 09:46 PM

Good reliable player, cares works hard and has a good attitude and is a winner , I would actually consider him for our Captain ..I don't think Gray gi es us the best leadership vocally or demanding of others on the pitch ...??

matty_f
02-01-2017, 10:01 PM

Absolutely right. We are a much better side with him in it.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2017, 10:04 PM
It amazes me the amount of folk that can't see what he brings to the team.I often think that some folk just don'the understand the game well enough to appreciate what actually happens on the pitch.

Aldo
02-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Tin hat firmly on but I think we miss FF more than SJM!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
02-01-2017, 10:10 PM
It amazes me the amount of folk that can't see what he brings to the team.I often think that some folk just don'the understand the game well enough to appreciate what actually happens on the pitch.

I think that some people can't wait for players to make mistakes before pouncing on them.

Fyvie sometimes gives the ball away, which happens when you spend 90 minutes demanding the ball in tight areas.

The people who criticise Fyvie deserve to watch hoofball, where midfielders are scared to get on the ball for fear of getting abuse on the odd occasion they give it away.

We're a significantly better team with Fyvie in it. I must admit though, it took me quite a while to appreciate just how important he is.

tamig
02-01-2017, 10:11 PM

No tin hat required. I agree totally.

ACLeith
02-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Agree totally with that. When he gets back up to full speed again and we hopefully still have Commons they can make the difference to pull us clear. KC's assist on Saturday reminded me of the best we saw from Scott Allan.

HibbyAndy
02-01-2017, 10:29 PM

No tin hat required , FF is our most important player

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2017, 10:59 PM

Often it is what FF does to begin with that allows SJM to play.

B.H.F.C
02-01-2017, 11:08 PM

I don't think we do, as long as McGeough is there and fit. He'll take the ball from the back 4 and get it moving much like Fyvie does. Our biggest problem is when neither Fyvie or McGeough are there.

McGinn, when he's on his game, gives us a totally different dimension though. I just wish we could get the 3 of them on the pitch at once more often.

Big L
02-01-2017, 11:12 PM
I think he is out of contract this season, if that is the case, why have we let it get to this. We should have had him tied up long before now. I would think that their would be a number of clubs interested in a player of his calibre.

DTS
02-01-2017, 11:15 PM
Fyvie for me is the most vital player in the team and should always be first name on the team sheet when fit. He demands the ball off the centre halfs everytime they have the ball and thus starts countless attacks feeding the likes of McGinn shinnie etc. I don't think it's a coincidence that shinnies best form came when fyvie returned from missing the start of the season and has since faded without him in the team. He knows his strengths lie in passing the ball and winning it back id hazard a guess that he's completed and attempted more passes than anyone else in the squad dispite the games he's missed. How many Scottish players can say the have an FA cup and Scottish cup winners medal never mind at the age of 23?

B.H.F.C
02-01-2017, 11:16 PM
I think he is out of contract this season, if that is the case, why have we let it get to this. We should have had him tied up long before now. I would think that their would be a number of clubs interested in a player of his calibre.

Quite a few of them are out of contract. Most of them probably don't want to sign until they know what league we will be in. And we probably aren't in a position to even match their current terms until we know what league we will be in.

greenlex
02-01-2017, 11:18 PM
Fyvie for me is the most vital player in the team and should always be first name on the team sheet when fit. He demands the ball off the centre halfs everytime they have the ball and thus starts countless attacks feeding the likes of McGinn shinnie etc. I don't think it's a coincidence that shinnies best form came when fyvie returned from missing the start of the season and has since faded without him in the team. He knows his strengths lie in passing the ball and winning it back id hazard a guess that he's completed and attempted more passes than anyone else in the squad dispite the games he's missed. How many Scottish players can say the have an FA cup and Scottish cup winners medal never mind at the age of 23?
Liam Henderson has a league cup medal. A Scottish cup medal a Norwegian champions medal to name three I know of and is younger.😎 Just saying.

snooky
02-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Look at the build up to the winning cup final goal. Gray wins a throw in. Who looks hungry for the ball and sets up the penultimate move before THE goal.
Yep. Fraser Fyvie. Every bit a legend as Stoksie an SDG, IMO.

s.a.m
02-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Liam Henderson has a league cup medal. A Scottish cup medal a Norwegian champions medal to name three I know of and is younger.😎 Just saying.

....and a Norwegian Cup medal.SJM has a League Cup medal as well as his Scottish Cup medal.Not a criticism of Fyvie though-I think he makes us tick

DTS
02-01-2017, 11:37 PM

So in response to what I said you don't know any other player that has English and Scottish fa cup medals at that age👀😂. Just saying.

greenlex
02-01-2017, 11:38 PM
....and a Norwegian Cup medal.SJM has a League Cup medal as well as his Scottish Cup medal.Not a criticism of Fyvie though-I think he makes us tick

Absolutely. I was just reminiscing about a fine midfield last season. Young and hungry.

s.a.m
02-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Absolutely. I was just reminiscing about a fine midfield last season. Young and hungry.

Yup.:agree: It was great to see.

SonOfDavidFrancey
03-01-2017, 12:33 AM
Thought he came across as a very mature and deep character in the cup final dvd

HoboHarry
03-01-2017, 12:58 AM
So in response to what I said you don't know any other player that has English and Scottish fa cup medals at that age👀😂. Just saying.
Martin Buchan was a little older but he is the only Scot to have captained both a winning Scottish and English team in an fa final....... just showing my age :greengrin

Is It On....
03-01-2017, 10:46 PM

I think that FF is one of those players that gets serious criticism when he plays and you only realise what you are missing when he is out of the team. He was, and remains, a really good signing and it's key that we sign him longer term when we go up.

Hibby_G
03-01-2017, 10:59 PM

Totally agree with this although would be great to have them both back. Fyvie is a great player and have always rated him from day 1.

Nicho87
03-01-2017, 11:35 PM
Fyvie comes across no nonsense in the dvd, a type of character you want in your team to drive others on. If hibs arent offering him a 3 year deal im very worried about our long term aims.

jacomo
04-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Quite a few of them are out of contract. Most of them probably don't want to sign until they know what league we will be in. And we probably aren't in a position to even match their current terms until we know what league we will be in.

:agree:

As we all know, we are at a serious disadvantage whilst in this division.

However, we should take comfort in being one of the best clubs in Scotland for players to be at, and confident that promotion will give us a good chance of keeping players at the club.

HoboHarry
04-01-2017, 12:34 AM
:agree:

As we all know, we are at a serious disadvantage whilst in this division.

However, we should take comfort in being one of the best clubs in Scotland for players to be at, and confident that promotion will give us a good chance of keeping players at the club.
I keep seeing these type of comments posted but see no evidence to back it up. I didn't see any problem signing players at the start of this season and it doesn't seem to be a problem for this window either......

AinsterHibs
04-01-2017, 11:59 AM
I bumped into Fraser yesterday, he did say that it would be two weeks or so before he was back.
He also mentioned that McGinn is playing on Friday, but I'm sure you know this.

We had a good chat, he has the highest regards for Leanne and Co, and loves being at Hibs (despite admitting to being a Sheep fan) - and hopes that he get's his contract renewed, as he has not been offered one.

Over all, a good lad - despite me slavering on about the Cup etc, and also giving him advice on guitar playing, which is like Stevie Fulton giving beauty tips :wink:

:flag:

Canon Hannan
04-01-2017, 12:04 PM
Fyvie comes across no nonsense in the dvd, a type of character you want in your team to drive others on. If hibs arent offering him a 3 year deal im very worried about our long term aims.

Promotion will help this. Inside info 😎

Jonnyboy
04-01-2017, 07:41 PM
I bumped into Fraser yesterday, he did say that it would be two weeks or so before he was back.

We had a good chat, he has the highest regards for Leanne and Co, and loves being at Hibs (despite admitting to being a Sheep fan) - and hopes that he get's his contract renewed, as he has not been offered one.

Over all, a good lad - despite me slavering on about the Cup etc, and also giving him advice on guitar playing, which is like Stevie Fulton giving beauty tips :wink:

:faf:

Hi Heid Yin
04-01-2017, 08:00 PM

Great and encouraging to hear post.