PDA

View Full Version : McGinn ready to return.

Big L
01-01-2017, 11:20 PM
Lennon quoted as saying McGinn could be back for Dun utd game on Friday. Any one else heard this?

BoomtownHibees
01-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Lennon quoted as saying McGinn could be back for Dun utd game on Friday. Any one else heard this?

He was out doing a bit of running during the warm up yesterday so can't be that far away.

HoboHarry
01-01-2017, 11:22 PM

Well if he is quoted then you could provide a link?

Big L
01-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Well if he is quoted then you could provide a link?

My brother called to tell me Lennon was quoted in the match report in the Sun. Mark Walkers was the reporter.

B.H.F.C
01-01-2017, 11:30 PM
I saw it somewhere as well, can't remember where. Just said he has a chance of being involved.

Sir David Gray
01-01-2017, 11:32 PM
I would be surprised if he was included in the first team squad after being out injured for more than a month, without being involved in the development squad first.

HibsNutter
01-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Just hope he isn't rushed back. He's hardly going to be firing on all cylinders if he makes it for Friday anyway. Can't risk him getting injured again.

monktonharp
01-01-2017, 11:51 PM
we all want M c Ginn, don't know how his situ is, but It seems a bit early to think he is back hope he is btw.

Ronniekirk
01-01-2017, 11:58 PM
Clearly a wee P R stunt by Lennon to keep united guessing Fyvie was due back befpre Mcginn But niether will ne rushed back for one game no matter how important But to see him out running was clearly a sign that he is making good progress

calumhibee1
02-01-2017, 12:28 AM
After yesterday's results were not in a situation where we need to avoid defeat on Friday anymore. As much as a defeat would be a really. As result it would just be back to being 2 points behind. I therefore wouldn't risk him like I would have been tempted to had we been 5 behind going into Friday.

California-Hibs
02-01-2017, 05:56 AM
After yesterday's results were not in a situation where we need to avoid defeat on Friday anymore. As much as a defeat would be a really. As result it would just be back to being 2 points behind. I therefore wouldn't risk him like I would have been tempted to had we been 5 behind going into Friday.

Good point there. I agree with you, definitely don't want to be rushing McGinn back and have heavy tackles flying into him in a big profile match.

Ozyhibby
02-01-2017, 06:35 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-given-triple-boost-ahead-of-key-clash-with-dundee-utd-1-4329878

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
02-01-2017, 07:12 AM
I wouldnt put him in, quite a long way to go til end of season

Hibeewilly
02-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Its all good news just now so lets get the win on Friday to pile the pressure on United. No need to rush McGinn but what a boost it would be if Lennon feels he is ready to take a place on the bench on Friday

J-C
02-01-2017, 08:13 AM
McGinn wasn't injured, it was a boney growth on his ankle that needed removed. It's more a case of allowing the scar tissue to heal as any impact would open it up fairly quickly, he's obviously a quick healer, the OP wouldn't hamper his fitness as such.

Tamhere1875
02-01-2017, 08:38 AM
He might just get a wee run out in today's development game against Celtic

CallumLaidlaw
02-01-2017, 09:31 AM
He might just get a wee run out in today's development game against Celtic

Been postponed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3pm
02-01-2017, 09:34 AM
I''d be surprised.

Andy74
02-01-2017, 10:28 AM
Just hope he isn't rushed back. He's hardly going to be firing on all cylinders if he makes it for Friday anyway. Can't risk him getting injured again.

He's not been out too long and it's not something he can re-do.

Don't see any reason why he shouldn't be back in after a few days training.

--------
02-01-2017, 10:39 AM
McGinn and Marciano possible contenders for a place on Friday; Humphreys another candidate for a run-out; Fyvie not far away; Commons looking sharper by the minute; danny Handling on the mend ...

Stick in, get all three points on Friday night, and the season's well back on track.

Now all we need's for the referees to get honest ...

Probably happen about the same time as we get world peace. :rolleyes:

jacomo
02-01-2017, 10:50 AM
I thought the timescale for his return was beginning of Feb.

Obviously great news if his recovery is ahead of schedule.

--------
02-01-2017, 10:53 AM
I thought the timescale for his return was beginning of Feb.

Obviously great news if his recovery is ahead of schedule.

I don't think he'll be rushed back, but he's one player whose absence really affects the team. He gets everyone around him playing better football.

Here's hoping.

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2017, 01:49 PM
McGinn and Marciano possible contenders for a place on Friday; Humphreys another candidate for a run-out; Fyvie not far away; Commons looking sharper by the minute; danny Handling on the mend ...

Stick in, get all three points on Friday night, and the season's well back on track.

Now all we need's for the referees to get honest ...

Probably happen about the same time as we get world peace. :rolleyes:

World peace, even with Trump, Putin, Brexit etc still a much likelier prospect.

Enough said
02-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Let's do this hibs 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬