PDA

View Full Version : Logging in problems

h18eeynick
02-01-2017, 12:17 AM
Anyone else having a problem in last 2 days having to log in all of the time instead of automatically logging in ? At least it remembers my user name and password but just a bit of a pain

Thecat23
02-01-2017, 12:23 AM
Tick the box next to your username and password, it will keep you logged in.

linlithgowhibbie
02-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Tick the box next to your username and password, it will keep you logged in.

I've had the same problem even when ticking the box.Strange!!!

Viva_Palmeiras
02-01-2017, 10:10 AM
I've had the same problem even when ticking the box.Strange!!!

Had same but assumed it to be iPhone/browser related. Possibly security related.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2017, 10:28 AM
We've recently had a small security upgrade on the site so could be related to that.

I'll check with the people that know about this kind of thing.

Kaiser1962
02-01-2017, 10:58 AM
We've recently had a small security upgrade on the site so could be related to that.

I'll check with the people that know about this kind of thing.

I seem unable to log in via my ISP but log in fine via a VPN? Seems strange?

Jack Hackett
02-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Some anti malware cleaners (Spybot and Malwarebytes to name a couple) will wipe your login information stored in cookies if you don't check what it is they are removing.

tamig
02-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Some anti malware cleaners (Spybot and Malwarebytes to name a couple) will wipe your login information stored in cookies if you don't check what it is they are removing.

Deleting cookies after a security upgrade is always a good shout as a first step to resolving any issues.

Jack Hackett
02-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Deleting cookies after a security upgrade is always a good shout as a first step to resolving any issues.

Absolutely...the point of my post though, is as a possible explanation as to why you may have been logged out. If you are happy to leave cookies for regularly visited sites which require a login, they can be flagged as 'ignore' so that they are not deleted by cleaners

silverhibee
02-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Hope DaveF doesn't see this thread. :greengrin

tamig
02-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Absolutely...the point of my post though, is as a possible explanation as to why you may have been logged out. If you are happy to leave cookies for regularly visited sites which require a login, they can be flagged as 'ignore' so that they are not deleted by cleaners

Got you Jack. Cheers 👍