PDA

View Full Version : The Offside Goals!!!

Glory Lurker
01-01-2017, 11:03 PM
I've been using the Cup DVD as my main source of reference for too long. Despite having been at the game, until watching the highlights on YT tonight, I had totally forgotten that the Other Mob had two goals in the replay disallowed because they were offside. Imagine that! Not only do you watch your team surrender a two goal lead at home with ten minutes to go, but then you are dangled the possibility that you can retrieve the situation only for it to be snuffed out within seconds, not once but twice!

Probably Hibs Class not to include that in the DVD.

Sir David Gray
01-01-2017, 11:22 PM
My one memory from that night (apart from the fact we won!) was that Juanma spent most of the evening either offside or lying on the ground.

Rather pleasing. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
02-01-2017, 06:10 AM
Jason had one disallowed in the first leg at Tynie when he was onside didn't he?

Jones28
02-01-2017, 06:15 AM
We missed 2 absolute sitters in the final minutes of the replay too.

RoscoHibby
02-01-2017, 08:43 AM
They weren't even close though! Up high in the East you could tell he was miles off for both. And another half a dozen instances that night as well. They got pumped over the 90, were lucky get away with 1-0.

Alex Trager
02-01-2017, 09:46 AM
They weren't even close though! Up high in the East you could tell he was miles off for both. And another half a dozen instances that night as well. They got pumped over the 90, were lucky get away with 1-0.

I thought one of them was on, which evens itself out from the Cummings goal at Tynecastle

matty_f
02-01-2017, 10:01 AM
I thought one of them was on, which evens itself out from the Cummings goal at Tynecastle

Neither were onside. Their first one was closest but the boy was definitely offside.