PDA

View Full Version : Wee Jay and Celtic

01-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Following a discussion with a few pals last night. What do you think about wee Jay and what Celtic do for him?

Personally I think celtic have done so well looking after him and getting him involved. Lovely thing to do for young boy thats been dealt a bit of a cruel hand in life. But I can't help but feel theres a bit of a PR stunt going on now. Every game he seems to be on the pitch now. Maybe time to let another youngster have a chance?

bingo70
01-01-2017, 03:07 PM
Following a discussion with a few pals last night. What do you think about wee Jay and what Celtic do for him?

Personally I think celtic have done so well looking after him and getting him involved. Lovely thing to do for young boy thats been dealt a bit of a cruel hand in life. But I can't help but feel theres a bit of a PR stunt going on now. Every game he seems to be on the pitch now. Maybe time to let another youngster have a chance?

Completely agree.

Started off as a really nice gesture but find the whole thing a wee bit strange now. There must be thousands of disabled/seriously ill Celtic fans, why is he getting such special attention?

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-01-2017, 03:11 PM
If Hibs done that The DR would accuse a Hibs fan of invading the pitch!

McD
01-01-2017, 03:13 PM
I always thought it was a couple of players, Samaras particularly, who went out their way for him, off of their own backs, with no ulterior motives

01-01-2017, 03:44 PM
I always thought it was a couple of players, Samaras particularly, who went out their way for him, off of their own backs, with no ulterior motives, but after a certain point Celtic the club kind of usurped that for their own purposes...

Yea i think it started with Samaras picking him out the crowd during their lap of honour after winning the league. Neil Lennon was pretty good with him as well, giving him his winners medal and letting him come into the dressing room to speak to the players etc.

As i say, and i hope I don't sound like a cynical ******* because i'm not and I really admire what the club have done for him, but I think celtic like to milk the whole thing a bit to sort of say "look how wonderful a club we are" kind of thing. By all means, keep Jay involved with the club, i'm sure I read he is one of the ambassadors for Celtics charity work which is excellent, but i'm sure there are many more disabled celtic kids out there who would love the same chance.

Shrekko
01-01-2017, 04:06 PM
I find it totally bizarre. Celtic are very good with all the charity stuff but can't get my head around why this wee lad has become such a dominant figure. He has been dealt a bad hand but there will be many many equally passionate Celtic fans in the same or far worse positions. It's nothing short of incredible the stuff he's been given, which is great in some ways but surely he's almost at the stage where it far too much to properly appreciate?

Obviously a subject you need to be careful with but I'm not sure why the big push to make him a celebrity.

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Can we not have our own Wee Jay? Anybody know of a kid called Ed DeBurgh?

HoboHarry
01-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Ask Chris de Burgh?

😉

Thecat23
01-01-2017, 04:34 PM
I'm the same, I find the whole thing cringeworthy. What started off as something good has changed into a huge publicity stunt. I'm glad Jay has got to meet players and stuff but as others said, many more fans not as lucky could maybe be shown round.

But are Celtic entirely to blame?

matty_f
01-01-2017, 05:12 PM
I struggle to see the issue. I think it's brilliant what they're doing with the wee guy.

01-01-2017, 05:27 PM
I struggle to see the issue. I think it's brilliant what they're doing with the wee guy.

No issue with it really, celtic have been brilliant with him and no doubt have worked wonders for the wee guys self confidence which is fantastic but I just think the whole things going a bit too far. Bringing him onto the pitch after every big win and onto even the winners podium at hampden to be in the team photo is a wee bit ridiculous IMO.

Scouse Hibee
01-01-2017, 05:30 PM
I see no further than the wee guy and the joy it brings him. Long may it continue.

Thecat23
01-01-2017, 05:31 PM
I see no further than the wee guy and the joy it brings him. Long may it continue.

No one is disputing that. But why just him?

Scouse Hibee
01-01-2017, 05:34 PM

As I said, I'm not interested in why just him or looking for anything beyond it. Not sure why others are so bothered either.

Steve20
01-01-2017, 05:36 PM
I don't praise Celtic much but I think they've done brilliantly for this wee guy and should be applauded for it.

Thecat23
01-01-2017, 05:37 PM
As I said, I'm not interested in why just him or looking for anything beyond it. Not sure why others are so bothered either.

Fair do's, again it's great for him but I've no idea why they can't offer the same to other disabled kids.

Thecat23
01-01-2017, 05:38 PM
I don't praise Celtic much but I think they've done brilliantly for this wee guy and should be applauded for it.

They are being praised.

HoboHarry
01-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Because rightly or wrongly, if there were dozens of kids involved the press would stop covering it. Like it or not the wee man garners a great deal of interest worldwide and has in some ways become a focal point. Given that he is happy and his family and the club are too, it would be inconceivable that anyone would say that he was not to be involved anymore. Like others before me though, I am baffled as to why we would even have a thread on this, some subjects are better left untouched on Hibs.net and this is one of them. IMHO.

marinello59
01-01-2017, 05:43 PM

Why not?

Scouse Hibee
01-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Fair do's, again it's great for him but I've no idea why they can't offer the same to other disabled kids.

Maybe they could and would if approached by others to do so. Pretty sure most clubs would bend over backwards to accommodate similar requests. They have clearly built up a special relationship with this week guy and he has become such a part of the club that he is accepted as just being there.

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2017, 05:50 PM
I think we should get off Celtic's backs here. If Hibs had done the same by a disabled kid, who subsequently became adopted by the club as semi-official mascot/representative we would react badly to criticism from supporters of other clubs, and we'd be justified. It's not as if they are sending this kid down the mines to dig coal.

01-01-2017, 06:05 PM
I think we should get off Celtic's backs here. If Hibs had done the same by a disabled kid, who subsequently became adopted by the club as semi-official mascot/representative we would react badly to criticism from supporters of other clubs, and we'd be justified. It's not as if they are sending this kid down the mines to dig coal.

Don't think anybody on celtic back for this one, everyone seems to be in agreement that its a great thing they've done.

Thecat23
01-01-2017, 06:14 PM

I think everyone has agreed it's been a great thing and rightly praised. It just seems to be all the time now but if that's how it is fair dos.

Thecat23
01-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Because rightly or wrongly, if there were dozens of kids involved the press would stop covering it. Like it or not the wee man garners a great deal of interest worldwide and has in some ways become a focal point. Given that he is happy and his family and the club are too, it would be inconceivable that anyone would say that he was not to be involved anymore. Like others before me though, I am baffled as to why we would even have a thread on this, some subjects are better left untouched on Hibs.net and this is one of them. IMHO.

I'm certainly not wanting Celtic to just stop, I just thought maybe they would help others as well.

HoboHarry
01-01-2017, 06:19 PM
I'm certainly not wanting Celtic to just stop, I just thought maybe they would help others as well.
How do any of us know that they don't help behind the scenes? I may be wrong but I recall that Jay was brought into the limelight because Samaras lifted him out of the crowd - this wasn't something that Celtic orchestrated.

01-01-2017, 06:24 PM
It clearly makes the wee boy very happy and must be so amazing for his family to see him so confident and loved so i'm not saying celtic should just turn round and say right times up. Of course not, its not doing anyone any harm him meeting the players, getting a bit of special attention etc but maybe its just a step to far bringing him onto the pitch at ibrox.

Itsnoteasy
01-01-2017, 06:25 PM
I'm the same, I find the whole thing cringeworthy. What started off as something good has changed into a huge publicity stunt. I'm glad Jay has got to meet players and stuff but as others said, many more fans not as lucky could maybe be shown round.

But are Celtic entirely to blame?

Not its up to the parents. I think if it was your son you would probably milk it as long as you could

HoboHarry
01-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Not its up to the parents. I think if it was your son you would probably milk it as long as you could

Milk it? Seriously? Allowing your son to fulfill dreams is what I would have said.....

Thecat23
01-01-2017, 07:06 PM
How do any of us know that they don't help behind the scenes? I may be wrong but I recall that Jay was brought into the limelight because Samaras lifted him out of the crowd - this wasn't something that Celtic orchestrated.

If they do then great, just haven't seen any other kid doing the things Jay does. I'm not sure I can stress this enough I know it's a good thing I'm not saying it's not, I was simply saying I'd like to think others would be able to get the same treatment too.

SlickShoes
01-01-2017, 07:07 PM
This is a dire thread, he is a wee guy that got a helping hand from some of the players/club and the fans have taken to him, just leave it at that. It's hardly some marketing effort thrust in your face every day.

Thecat23
01-01-2017, 07:07 PM
This is a dire thread, he is a wee guy that got a helping hand from some of the players/club and the fans have taken to him, just leave it at that. It's hardly some marketing effort thrust in your face every day.

Everyone on this thread is happy for him though.

Peevemor
01-01-2017, 07:11 PM
There's a lot of good coming from this in terms of awareness and perception of Downs Syndrome.

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/jay-beatty-overall-spirit-of-northern-ireland-winner-is-peoples-champion-31334923.html

My cousin's daughter, Ella, has Downs syndrome and the family do what they can to raise awareness. They organise social events in their village and have raised thousands for charity over the years.

https://www.facebook.com/Ellas-Fund-809678682421010/

Concerning Celtic and wee Jay, long may it continue IMO.

BH Hibs
01-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Maybe it helps with raising awareness keeping with the same wee boy rather than changing to different children as everyone knows who he is. Just a guess and other than that I wouldn't want to comment on this thread as it doesn't really sit right.

camthebam
01-01-2017, 08:35 PM

Absolutely. That this can be questioned beggars belief. Saw a photo with him wearing a Ranger's fan's scarf. Football is ****in petty at times. It's nice to see it transcends stupidity at times.

JimboHibs
01-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Absolutely. That this can be questioned beggars belief. Saw a photo with him wearing a Ranger's fan's scarf. Football is ****in petty at times. It's nice to see it transcends stupidity at times.

Totally agree,shambles of a thread this.

lucky
01-01-2017, 09:00 PM
There's a lot of good coming from this in terms of awareness and perception of Downs Syndrome.

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/jay-beatty-overall-spirit-of-northern-ireland-winner-is-peoples-champion-31334923.html

My cousin's daughter, Ella, has Downs syndrome and the family do what they can to raise awareness. They organise social events in their village and have raised thousands for charity over the years.

https://www.facebook.com/Ellas-Fund-809678682421010/

Concerning Celtic and wee Jay, long may it continue IMO.
Agree 100% Celtic have done wonders for this kid and raising awareness of Down syndrome. Check out Wee Jays Facebook page, the bhoy and his family are heroes in my eyes . I regularly disagree with posters on here( mostly about politics) but ffs this thread is just wrong. Well done the spin offs and our manager for highlighting this wee bhoy and his issues

HoboHarry
01-01-2017, 09:02 PM
This thread would better locked by an admin.

Peevemor
01-01-2017, 09:07 PM
I don't think the thread should be locked. People are entitled to question Celtic's motivation in all this - maybe this thread provides answers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-01-2017, 09:24 PM
I don't think the thread should be locked. People are entitled to question Celtic's motivation in all this - maybe this thread provides answers.

As far as I can see, all folk are wondering is why they can't spread the love a bit, I'm sure theres other wee Celtic bairns in similar situations that would lap it up too.

bingo70
01-01-2017, 09:25 PM

Exactly, a lot of people are getting hysterical over not a lot.

Everybody has said that what Celtic have done for the lad is excellent and there's just a few people, myself included, that have asked a question. I think everyone is being pretty tactful and trying to ensure nobody is offended.

Mikey09
01-01-2017, 09:51 PM
What a dreadful thread. The wee guys got a great personality and is living the dream. His enthusiasm and love of his club is fantastic without a hint of the usual nonsense that comes with the old firm. Well done Celtic for seeing this. Christ there's some moaning *******'s in the world.

Foritza
01-01-2017, 09:59 PM
No issue with it really, celtic have been brilliant with him and no doubt have worked wonders for the wee guys self confidence which is fantastic but I just think the whole things going a bit too far. Bringing him onto the pitch after every big win and onto even the winners podium at hampden to be in the team photo is a wee bit ridiculous IMO.

Absolutely agree Celtic have been magnanimous for this wee guy . perhaps now time to move on, but when is the moment and when do you to let go very hard . I Think setting up a website that can let you pay your respects forever and enable you to visit when you want to pay respect is the way forward . God bless and thoughts to the family let them decide. Respect.

Nicho87
01-01-2017, 10:11 PM
He is an inspiration in many aspects. But i must admit whenever there is a big game, there he is. Celtic 'family' card gets rammed down your throat. We get it celtic. Every big game though.

Bay Area Hibees
01-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Some seriously cynical folks on here. Jay is loving his dream and they're raising awareness and money for charities through which lots others will benefit.

HoboHarry
01-01-2017, 10:54 PM
He is an inspiration in many aspects. But i must admit whenever there is a big game, there he is. Celtic 'family' card gets rammed down your throat. We get it celtic. Every big game though.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what Celtic or the family are doing....

MichaelTheCelt
02-01-2017, 05:39 AM
Wee Jay has became a bit of a celebrity amongst our fans now, I've seen supporters high fiving him at games when they see him, getting a photo with him always hear folk say look there's wee Jay. I feel I speak for every Celtic fan when I say this but it wouldn't feel right him not being in amongst it during trophy/big win celebrations now, the players love having him around too. Surprised at some of what has been said in this thread, this is the kind of nonsense I'd expect to see on RangersMedia and FollowFollow. Ah well.

Phil MaGlass
02-01-2017, 07:10 AM
I really cant believe were having a thread on this, really bad taste, Celtic are raising awareness and seems the young guy has been unofficially adopted as a sort of club mascot, I dont think for one moment Celtic are looking to gain from this. Almost all Scottish clubs including Hibs do things to raise awareness for a vast variety of charities and illness, for anyone to question sellik on this is beyond belief. As Michael has sais this is the kind of nonsense I,d expect to see on Rangers media and follow follow, cringeworthy.Hopefully this thread gets locked down before some hun or yam copies this link and puts us all in a bad light.

bigwheel
02-01-2017, 08:17 AM
I really cant believe were having a thread on this, really bad taste, Celtic are raising awareness and seems the young guy has been unofficially adopted as a sort of club mascot, I dont think for one moment Celtic are looking to gain from this. Almost all Scottish clubs including Hibs do things to raise awareness for a vast variety of charities and illness, for anyone to question sellik on this is beyond belief. As Michael has sais this is the kind of nonsense I,d expect to see on Rangers media and follow follow, cringeworthy.Hopefully this thread gets locked down before some hun or yam copies this link and puts us all in a bad light.

This 100%

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ronaldo7
02-01-2017, 08:36 AM
Well done Celtic, well done the players, well done the family, and most of all, Well done wee Jay for loving something with a passion.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Yet another thread in which some people read a few posts they disagree with and then decide it's a majority opinion without reading the numerous responses from the other side.

Of course we can't win; don't close the thread and we're heartless barstewards, close it and it will be censorship. People have opinions, sometimes they will differ from your own and you may find them a bit distateful. Deal with it.

HappyHanlon
02-01-2017, 09:19 AM
Wee Jay has became a bit of a celebrity amongst our fans now, I've seen supporters high fiving him at games when they see him, getting a photo with him always hear folk say look there's wee Jay. I feel I speak for every Celtic fan when I say this but it wouldn't feel right him not being in amongst it during trophy/big win celebrations now, the players love having him around too. Surprised at some of what has been said in this thread, this is the kind of nonsense I'd expect to see on RangersMedia and FollowFollow. Ah well.

Sod off back to your Celtc forums then.

No one has said anything bad about Wee Jay, quite the opposite.

Typical "sellick" supporter trying to make something out of nothing.

Sammy7nil
02-01-2017, 09:40 AM

Not very Happy Hanlon today?

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2017, 10:06 AM

He only answered the question and his concerns echoed some on this thread. He's
not trying to make anything other than answer the OP.

Andy74
02-01-2017, 10:23 AM
He only answered the question and his concerns echoed some on this thread. He's
not trying to make anything other than answer the OP.

Equating someone's comments which were made with the right level of respect to something to be found on follow follow is a bit much.

I guess in some people's worlds either someone thinks exactly the same way as you or they are some kind of bigoted Hun but that's not really the way things work.

I have some sympathy with the questions raised by the thread. The really daft comments Ive seen so far are from those trying to close discussion down. Presumably they could instead just make some valid remarks?

I think just generally any charitable stuff and support for causes is obviously very welcome. Unquestionably it has been positive for this fan and his family. I'm sure general awareness has been raised as well. However, I do generally agree that as far as possible it's best for groups or general causes to be supported. I'm usually a bit uncomfortable when fund raising is done for individuals or families.

Itsnoteasy
02-01-2017, 10:44 AM

Just you worry about your own shower of $#1t3. If your no hanging dummies fi yer stand yer flying Palestinian flags or disrupting the minutes silence if it has anything to do with sodjurs or poppies. It sounds like you read The Rangers forums also. Jog on dafty.

02-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Apologies if anyone has taken any sort of offence to the thread, it certainly wasn't meant that way. I have full respect for Jay and think the way Celtic have treated him has been exceptional, they've made the boy and his family feel so happy which is great and what football is all about. My point simply was that maybe it was going a bit far? Just my opinion but if that's how Celtic want to celebrate and their fans want him to be a part of it then fair enough and good on them.

Again, apologies if this has come off in a bad way.

Beefster
02-01-2017, 11:22 AM
I always find it a bit rich when folk who don't help fund the running of the site start trying to dictate who can post here. Isn't that what admins are for?

CelticEnd
02-01-2017, 11:43 AM
There's a bit of a lack of understanding on this thread.

Wee Jay met Lennon in Ireland and then was invited to the ground and met the players who took to him and then Samaras took him on the pitch and all of a sudden he's a bit of a public figure.

Celtic Charity Fund (which has just raised £250k for their Xmas appeal) made him an ambassador for special needs charities they work with. The role of an ambassador is to promote the charity. The charity is doing a lot of good work and wee Jay is part of that. I don't see how this can be seen as anything other than totally positive.

The reason he ended up on the pitch at Ibrox is because Izzaguire saw him in the crowd and wanted took him on the pitch. The players are human and have taken to the wee guy. It's a great little story no matter who you support.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2017, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure i'd want my kid to have the adulation of a crowd of bigots, but maybe that's just me?

Jay wont really know about any of that hopefully, and he's probably lapping every minute of it up, so in one hand i'm happy for the boy, but in the other it's not for me.

That set of supports double standards make me sick.

cleanyman
02-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Good on Celtic. Good on Jay.

But they're kicking the arse out of it.

BroxburnHibee
02-01-2017, 11:54 AM

Wee Jay met Lennon in Ireland and then was invited to the ground and met the players who took to him and then Samaras took him on the pitch and all of a sudden he's a bit of a public figure.

Celtic Charity Fund (which has just raised £250k for their Xmas appeal) made him an ambassador for special needs charities they work with. The role of an ambassador is to promote the charity. The charity is doing a lot of good work and wee Jay is part of that. I don't see how this can be seen as anything other than totally positive.

The reason he ended up on the pitch at Ibrox is because Izzaguire saw him in the crowd and wanted took him on the pitch. The players are human and have taken to the wee guy. It's a great little story no matter who you support.

Thanks for that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-01-2017, 11:57 AM

Your last sentence is a ridiculous leap in comparison to what has actually been posted on the thread so far.

lapsedhibee
02-01-2017, 12:00 PM
What a dreadful thread. The wee guys got a great personality and is living the dream. His enthusiasm and love of his club is fantastic without a hint of the usual nonsense that comes with the old firm. Well done Celtic for seeing this. Christ there's some moaning *******'s in the world.

:hmmm:

bigwheel
02-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Deleted

Itsnoteasy
02-01-2017, 12:03 PM

Who cares.

BoomtownHibees
02-01-2017, 12:03 PM
what makes you say Celtic crowd is bigoted ? I can't recall ever hear sectarian signing from a Celtic crowd in many years...songs of freedom and the Irish republicanism yes...but religious bigotry ...no.

Here we go.......

Itsnoteasy
02-01-2017, 12:04 PM
I'm not sure i'd want my kid to have the adulation of a crowd of bigots, but maybe that's just me?

Jay wont really know about any of that hopefully, and he's probably lapping every minute of it up, so in one hand i'm happy for the boy, but in the other it's not for me.

Spot on

HappyHanlon
02-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Just you worry about your own shower of $#1t3. If your no hanging dummies fi yer stand yer flying Palestinian flags or disrupting the minutes silence if it has anything to do with sodjurs or poppies. It sounds like you read The Rangers forums also. Jog on dafty.

Ken, proper shower of ambulance chasing cretins.

cleanyman
02-01-2017, 12:06 PM
what makes you say Celtic crowd is bigoted ? I can't recall ever hear sectarian signing from a Celtic crowd in many years...songs of freedom and the Irish republicanism yes...but religious bigotry ...no.

Celtic sympathiser IMO

cabbageandribs1875
02-01-2017, 12:13 PM
This thread would better locked by an admin.

after reading the last few posts on it...i agree

02-01-2017, 12:14 PM

If I was a hun or a yam (god forbid) I would be staying well away from taking any sort of moral high ground over this after some of their fans utterly vile abuse on social media towards Jay. Its quite inconceivable to think that someone would abuse a disabled child but sadly its the case. Some hun fans tweets over the last day or so following the hogmany game have been horrendous.

This thread isn't abusing anyone, in fact quite the opposite. Lots of credit and respect being shown to both Jay and towards what celtic have done for him. Don't think their is anything on here that even the yams and huns can twist into something bad.

02-01-2017, 12:15 PM

Really not the place

02-01-2017, 12:21 PM
Where are all these celtic fuds coming from?

oldbutdim
02-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Where are all these celtic fuds coming from?

Oirland.

:thumbsup:

bigwheel
02-01-2017, 12:26 PM
Celtic sympathiser IMO

Grow up.....

02-01-2017, 12:26 PM
I thought they maybe googled "How to beat the rangers in the Scottish cup" and ended up here.

hiberactive
02-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Who cares.
Obviously you as your commenting on it!

Thecat23
02-01-2017, 12:56 PM
Who cares.

Bit harsh as he's just explaining what it's all about.

MichaelTheCelt
02-01-2017, 01:00 PM

Actually I have the Celtic forum opened in another tab, but i'll continue posting here too thanks.

MichaelTheCelt
02-01-2017, 01:01 PM

You seem upset.

MichaelTheCelt
02-01-2017, 01:02 PM

Crowd of bigots aye? you'll know that from sitting in beside Celtic fans then? naw didnae think so, away and don't talk crap.

fat freddy
02-01-2017, 01:06 PM
This thread is heading off in an interesting direction, I was Wee Jay Bored after the first few pages but im going for a bag of popcorn now

Itsnoteasy
02-01-2017, 01:07 PM
You seem upset.

No just telling the truth. You guys will never upset me. MichaelTheWelt

MichaelTheCelt
02-01-2017, 01:10 PM
No just telling the truth. You guys will never upset me. MichaelTheWelt

You're replies in this thread suggest otherwise, bit of a wordsmith eh :wink: MichaelTheWelt I like it.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Yet again people are unable to play the ball and not the man.

Cut the personal stuff out now or the thread will be closed and infractions handed out.

Itsnoteasy
02-01-2017, 01:14 PM
You're replies in this thread suggest otherwise, bit of a wordsmith eh :wink: MichaelTheWelt I like it.

Sorry for that, predictive text is terrible, every time I text Celt!

MichaelTheCelt
02-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Sorry for that, predictive text is terrible, every time I text Celt!

Apology accepted

Celtic and Hibs family n aww that :flag:

Nae personal insults in this Pretty Boy, meant in the most lighthearted way.

WhileTheChief..
02-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Apologies for the hijack.

Pretty Boy, you're private msgs are full. MV.

The Harp Awakes
02-01-2017, 01:21 PM
Well done Celtic, well done the players, well done the family, and most of all, Well done wee Jay for loving something with a passion.

This 100%.

Well done to all concerned, especially the wee man himself:not worth

HappyHanlon
02-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Actually I have the Celtic forum opened in another tab, but i'll continue posting here too thanks.

About time this loser was emptied.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Apologies for the hijack.

Pretty Boy, you're private msgs are full. MV.

PM sent and should be sorted now.

BH Hibs
02-01-2017, 01:26 PM
This thread is heading off in an interesting direction, I was Wee Jay Bored after the first few pages but im going for a bag of popcorn now

Stuff the popcorn mate I'm going for a can of Stella.

TheReg!
02-01-2017, 01:32 PM
I really don't give a toss about Celtic but it's their business with what and who they have on the pitch, it's not worth getting worked up about.

Iggy Pope
02-01-2017, 01:39 PM

I reckon Beefster responded to ***** like this pretty well a number of pages ago.

HappyHanlon
02-01-2017, 01:44 PM
I reckon Brooster responded to ***** like this pretty well a number of pages ago.

Did he aye? Let me go find my caring side.

cabbageandribs1875
02-01-2017, 01:51 PM

time there were more fans of other clubs allowed to post without intimidation

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Crowd of bigots aye? you'll know that from sitting in beside Celtic fans then? naw didnae think so, away and don't talk crap.

There's enough of your types here where i live to know a bigot where i see it, you and the other mob are two cheeks of the same arse.

stoneyburn hibs
02-01-2017, 03:27 PM
Threads taken a turn for the worst and the Celtc fellae is getting an unjust time of it. All in my own opinion of course.

marinello59
02-01-2017, 03:50 PM

He is quite entitled to be here as long as he sticks to the rules. And the same rules about personal insults directed towards him apply.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2017, 03:58 PM
I'm personally always very sceptical about the sincerity of Celtic's actions when it comes to stuff like this but if it helps Jay to enjoy life a bit more then it's no bad thing.

Iggy Pope
02-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Did he aye? Let me go find my caring side.

Rapier-like. The sort of open debate we need on such forums.

I'm_cabbaged
02-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Some of this is nothing short of embarrassing, there's a wee bairn living a dream and it's also raising a lot of cash for a deserving charity!! Get a grip ffs.

greenlex
02-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Some of this is nothing short of embarrassing, there's a wee bairn living a dream and it's also promoting a charity that's raising a lot of cash for a deserving charity!! Get a grip ffs.

Pretty much

I'm_cabbaged
02-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Pretty much

Edited original post, half pissed 🙄

Alex Trager
02-01-2017, 06:17 PM
Completely agree.

Started off as a really nice gesture but find the whole thing a wee bit strange now. There must be thousands of disabled/seriously ill Celtic fans, why is he getting such special attention?

This is how I feel.

There are other tic fans with illnesses etc. Why is this wee guy given so much attention?

Sounds a horrible thing to say but it is a point worth raising

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2017, 06:27 PM
This is how I feel.

There are other tic fans with illnesses etc. Why is this wee guy given so much attention?

A point worth raising really? I would love to know why it is worth raising.

Keith_M
02-01-2017, 06:30 PM
As Hibs Fans, this really is none of our business.

Beefster
02-01-2017, 06:37 PM
This is how I feel.

It sounds horrible because it's actually ****ing mean-spirited. How miserable does someone need to be before they start objecting to someone much less fortunate than the vast majority of us getting 'too much' attention?

bingo70
02-01-2017, 06:52 PM
It sounds horrible because it's actually ****ing mean-spirited. How miserable does someone need to be before they start objecting to someone much less fortunate than the vast majority of us getting 'too much' attention?

All I was doing was trying to look at it from the perspective of one of the other kids who are also in an unfortunate position health wise.

I would never dream of trying to be horrible or mean spirited about someone like Jay Beattie. I certainly don't grudge him the joy he's had from Celtic.

Beefster
02-01-2017, 06:55 PM
All I was doing was trying to look at it from the perspective of one of the other kids who are also in an unfortunate position health wise.

I would never dream of trying to be horrible or mean spirited about someone like Jay Beattie. I certainly don't grudge him the joy he's had from Celtic.

This thread is a disaster in general but my post was in response to the line "Why is this wee guy given so much attention?" that was in the quoted post. That just seemed beyond fair comment to me.

Thecat23
02-01-2017, 06:58 PM
This thread is now an utter car crash. Folk going overboard to be offended at something that isn't there. I've yet to read a post that's "nasty" or "horrible" I'm seeing everyone happy for Jay but some just asking should or could Celtic do it for other disabled children without taken anything from Jay himself.

Now feel free to be offended or to take this post out of context like many have with other posts!

Alex Trager
02-01-2017, 07:41 PM
How am I being mean spirited by asking why there isn't an equal amount of attention being given to those that are less fortunate than ourselves?

As well as Jay

As TC says feel free to pick this up as being horrible but it really is not.

I can't see why other less fortunate Celtic supporters aren't being treated the same way as this dude

Ricky Bobby
02-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Not a fan of Celtic in the slightest, but any actions that any club take to improve the lives of people such as this lad, can only be applauded.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-01-2017, 08:04 PM
This thread is now an utter car crash. Folk going overboard to be offended at something that isn't there. I've yet to read a post that's "nasty" or "horrible" I'm seeing everyone happy for Jay but some just asking should or could Celtic do it for other disabled children without taken anything from Jay himself.

Now feel free to be offended or to take this post out of context like many have with other posts!

Sums it up perfectly F.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2017, 08:07 PM
How am I being mean spirited by asking why there isn't an equal amount of attention being given to those that are less fortunate than ourselves?

As well as Jay

As TC says feel free to pick this up as being horrible but it really is not.

I can't see why other less fortunate Celtic supporters aren't being treated the same way as this dude

You might have a point if any other less fortunate Celtic supporters had come forward and stated they were being ignored. Until that happens this whole thread is about an issue that doesn't exist in my opinion.

Alex Trager
02-01-2017, 08:41 PM
You might have a point if any other less fortunate Celtic supporters had come forward and stated they were being ignored. Until that happens this whole thread is about an issue that doesn't exist in my opinion.

Yeah fair enough.

Unlikely we would know about that, unless they vented via social media.

Wasn't Jay plucked from the crowd one day?
Or was that set up

Alex Trager
02-01-2017, 08:46 PM

Yeah fair enough.

Unlikely we would know about that, unless they vented via social media.

Wasn't Jay plucked from the crowd one day?
Or was that set up

Fuzzywuzzy
02-01-2017, 08:59 PM
I think what has happened for this lad is pretty amazing and he's seems to be having a great time of it. My only concern for the boy would be what happens to him as he gets older? Would the club still support him in the same way?

Andy74
02-01-2017, 09:10 PM

You think Celtic might not be aware that there are any number of people in need out there?

I think the likes of the Hibs Community work is the right way for this type of thing to be done. I think they are in a position now where they have done so much for him that dropping that would be an issue.

fat freddy
02-01-2017, 09:12 PM
The argument that Wee Jay benefits while others dont can be used with any charitable cause. For example, Hibs fans help fund an orphanage in Dnipro, should we not be channelling our efforts to similar orphanages in other Ukranian cities? The kids in Kiev and Doneskt need help too. Same applies to any help provided to any cause, theres always those similarly in need. Do we provide charity to no one for fear of neglecting those with the same issues that recieve less?

Andy74
02-01-2017, 09:14 PM
The argument that Wee Jay benefits while others dont can be used with any charitable cause. For example, Hibs fans help fund an orphanage in Dnipro, should we not be channelling our efforts to similar orphanages in other Ukranian cities? The kids in Kiev and Doneskt need help too. Same applies to any help provided to any cause, theres always those similarly in need. Do we provide charity to no one for fear of neglecting those with the same issues that recieve less?

A better example is if we just picked a kid in Dnipro and transformed their life. That becomes a slightly different thing that many would be less comfortable with.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2017, 09:19 PM
You think Celtic might not be aware that there are any number of people in need out there?

I think the likes of the Hibs Community work is the right way for this type of thing to be done. I think they are in a position now where they have done so much for him that dropping that would be an issue.

Did I say that?

I will say again though that the only issue is the one you and others choose to make believe is there. I can't quite understand why folk always have to look for something sinister in something good. It sadly seems to happen all too often these days.

fat freddy
02-01-2017, 09:20 PM
A better example is if we just picked a kid in Dnipro and transformed their life. That becomes a slightly different thing that many would be less comfortable with.

Good point

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Just waiting for someone to come along and criticise the attention Bradley Lowery is currently getting. I mean why just him,there are plenty of kids suffering from the same illness that deserve the attention. In fact how dare Everton donate 250k to his cause when they could have give to a charity that helps many people.

BoomtownHibees
02-01-2017, 09:45 PM
What's it got to do with us, as Hibs fans, anyway??

Alex Trager
02-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Did I say that?

I will say again though that the only issue is the one you and others choose to make believe is there. I can't quite understand why folk always have to look for something sinister in something good. It sadly seems to happen all too often these days.

I wouldn't say there is anything sinister in it.

Just that it would be good to see a more open approach to involve more guys.

No one is saying stop doing it, just look to open it up.

The Modfather
02-01-2017, 10:56 PM
Apology accepted

Celtic and Hibs family n aww that :flag:

Nae personal insults in this Pretty Boy, meant in the most lighthearted way.

:no way::sick:

Andy74
02-01-2017, 10:56 PM
Just waiting for someone to come along and criticise the attention Bradley Lowery is currently getting. I mean why just him,there are plenty of kids suffering from the same illness that deserve the attention. In fact how dare Everton donate 250k to his cause when they could have give to a charity that helps many people.

There is actually merit in your pretend arguments.

These days a good facebook campaign or a football club picking up on your story could be the difference between kids in similar positions getting treatment or not.

Is that right or should cash be going to ensure anyone that needs treatment gets a chance? I'd always prefer the latter and as I said earlier I am always less comfortable giving to fund raising activities that are for individuals or their families.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2017, 11:13 PM
There is actually merit in your pretend arguments.

These days a good facebook campaign or a football club picking up on your story could be the difference between kids in similar positions getting treatment or not.

Is that right or should cash be going to ensure anyone that needs treatment gets a chance? I'd always prefer the latter and as I said earlier I am always less comfortable giving to fund raising activities that are for individuals or their families.

In an ideal world everyone who needed treatment should get the chance.However as you well know here in reality that unfortunately will never be the case. So fortunately many people are given the chance by campaigns,publicity or association with some organisation or person that can help. How anyone can be uncomfortable on hearing of someone benefitting from such help is beyond me. As I said earlier the constant let's look for a negative out of a positive story is ridiculous and best left unsaid. There is absolutely no need to involve the example of those being helped and like some on here question the motive of it.

Shrekko
03-01-2017, 12:25 AM

I actually think your suggestion that this might happen is in poorer taste than anything you might have been offended by on this thread.

Sorry that's an awful thing to say.

HNA5
03-01-2017, 07:02 AM
I think we're clear what the different viewpoints are on this, and it's beginning to move away from the original point.

For those reasons, it's best this thread is now closed.