PDA

View Full Version : Graham Disallowed Goal

QMU-1875
01-01-2017, 12:10 PM
On what planet is this offside? Guys done well to get in space and then a nice finish, a shame he won't get the goal that would add to an impressive return so far. Another shocking call gone against us, the SFA need to look into what is going on with referees in hibs games.

Billy Whizz
01-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Thought at the time it was onside, far side linesman had a bit of a mare

greenlex
01-01-2017, 12:29 PM

All game.

Smartie
01-01-2017, 12:31 PM

It wasn't obvious from where I was - these decisions can be really tough to call, even when you're looking straight across the line.

But you're right about that linesman. Some of his decisions in that second half were criminal. 2 within about 5 minutes when he didn't see the ball clearly come off a Falkirk head for a corner and I'm sure the other was a similar call in relation to a corner.

I actually have a bit of of sympathy for referees and linesmen - they get one chance to see an incident and I don't think we should crucify them after watching 20 replays from different angles of an incident that is 50/50 anyway.

But those 2 were blatant, ridiculously blatant.

Billy Whizz
01-01-2017, 12:32 PM
All game.

Almost comical when he gave a Falkirk bye kick, when it was a Hibs corner

snooky
01-01-2017, 12:48 PM
It wasn't obvious from where I was - these decisions can be really tough to call, even when you're looking straight across the line.

But you're right about that linesman. Some of his decisions in that second half were criminal. 2 within about 5 minutes when he didn't see the ball clearly come off a Falkirk head for a corner and I'm sure the other was a similar call in relation to a corner.

I actually have a bit of of sympathy for referees and linesmen - they get one chance to see an incident and I don't think we should crucify them after watching 20 replays from different angles of an incident that is 50/50 anyway.

But those 2 were blatant, ridiculously blatant.

The odd one or two bad calls you can forgive. When it becomes more than that you start thinking that they have an agenda.

Glory Lurker
01-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Almost comical when he gave a Falkirk bye kick, when it was a Hibs corner

I thought it skiffed McGregor's head.....

Ricky Bobby
01-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Impossible to tell if he was offside from behind the goal, but he did finish the chance well.
The linesman on that side had a poor afternoon.

Callum_62
01-01-2017, 01:03 PM
Seen in hibs tv highlights - no where close to offside

Terrible call

Sir David Gray
01-01-2017, 01:04 PM
The linesman to our left was awful yesterday and should be demoted.

BoomtownHibees
01-01-2017, 01:07 PM
I thought it skiffed McGregor's head.....

No chance. Definitely came off a Falkirk player's head and then the one about 2 minutes later that David Gray hit off the defender when trying to cross it in to the box

Glory Lurker
01-01-2017, 01:17 PM
No chance. Definitely came off a Falkirk player's head and then the one about 2 minutes later that David Gray hit off the defender when trying to cross it in to the box

Yeah, the Falkirk guy got his head on it but I thought it then took a really wee touch off McGregor. I was actually quite annoyed at him for what looked to me like a badly fluffed chance. And, no, I wasn't the linesman! :greengrin

QMU-1875
01-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Hibs need to be compiling these decisions and making it known that they aren't happy. Only so many times this can be called incompetence.

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Hibs need to be compiling these decisions and making it known that they aren't happy. Only so many times this can be called incompetence.

This 100%. Was glad Lennon mentioned it on Hibs TV. The traditional defence of Scottish officials -that they are incompetent rather than bigoted- can only, as you say, be stretched so far.

givescotlandfreedom
01-01-2017, 02:15 PM
I can't wait to see how furious and incensed Houston will be about this wrong decision going against us.

Sir David Gray
01-01-2017, 02:20 PM
I can't wait to see how furious and incensed Houston will be about this wrong decision going against us.

It's all about resources.

PatHead
01-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Yeah, the Falkirk guy got his head on it but I thought it then took a really wee touch off McGregor. I was actually quite annoyed at him for what looked to me like a badly fluffed chance. And, no, I wasn't the linesman! :greengrin

Didn't think it touched macgregor. Both the hibs and Falkirk players started to line up for the corner. That usually tells you who was right. The decision for the throw in was just cheating.