PDA

View Full Version : Scott Martin

PatHead
31-12-2016, 11:09 PM
Impressed with him today. Looks like an experienced player. Rather than a young guy just in the team.

greenlex
31-12-2016, 11:13 PM
Never stopped. Even when his passing wasn't great he was always wanting the ball. I think with a bit more movement ahead if him that would have given him options rather than sometimes running into Cup de sacs or trying the impossible. He needs to learn that simple is sometimes the best option. The laddie has a future.

Ryan69
31-12-2016, 11:15 PM
Never stopped. Even when his passing wasn't great he was always wanting the ball. I think with a bit more movement ahead if him that would have given him options rather than sometimes running into Cup de sacs or trying the impossible. The laddie has a future.

The kind of player you want.

A bad pass doesnt make his head drop. Plays like an experienced pro.

Now is the time a player like him should be playing as in the the premier...its not as easy to blood him.

Get him used to being first team player,give him confidence...and we have a player on our hands.

B.H.F.C
31-12-2016, 11:23 PM
I quite like him and think he's a better option than Bartley.

Did the dirty side of the game well today. Doesn't hide but I thought he gave the ball away far too much particularly in the first half.

I think he has half a chance but he's going to struggle for minutes when McGinn and Fyvie come back.

Smartie
31-12-2016, 11:36 PM
There are times during games when you think "we could be in trouble here" as you see space opening up and the opposition threatening us on the break.

Martin has a great habit of making up a lot of ground and through pace, energy, tenacity and tackling ability snuffing out trouble before it really forms.

I've been impressed by him.

Frogga
01-01-2017, 01:13 AM
He has a lot more guts about him than a lot of older players. He plays like a McGinn-Fyvie hybrid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
01-01-2017, 01:52 AM
Wiling to bet he put more yards forwards with the ball at his feet than anyone else.

lucky
01-01-2017, 02:16 AM
Difference between him and Bartley is the ability to pass forward

Onceinawhile
01-01-2017, 02:19 AM
Difference between him and Bartley is the ability to pass forward

Disagree. It's the ability to move it forwards when running.

calumhibee1
01-01-2017, 09:19 AM
A significant improvement on Bartley. Will struggle to keep himself in the team once McGinn and Fyvie are fit again but we should be trying to find as much game time for him as possible.

Libby Hibby
01-01-2017, 09:29 AM
A significant improvement on Bartley. Will struggle to keep himself in the team once McGinn and Fyvie are fit again but we should be trying to find as much game time for him as possible.

Agree but perhaps recent performances will give Lennon the confidence to use Martin more and allow him to rotate McGinn and Fyvie to reduce the chance of injury

Pretty Boy
01-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Managed properly Martin is a ready made replacement for McGinn or Fyvie if they move on.

I remember the 1st time I watched him in the 20s being convinced he would make it. His drive was very similar to a young Scott Brown. I actually think he's still being a wee bit conservative in the 1st team and as he grows into it we well see a lot more from him.

GreenCastle
01-01-2017, 10:45 AM
What I like about him is his attitude.

Went in for a crunching tackle with one of the Falkirk players early on and looked like the Falkirk player was out to get him but he gave as much and more back and it was the Falkirk player who came off worse.

He misplaced a few passes but like others have said just got on wth it and kept asking for the ball.

He moves the ball quickly and isn't scared to drive or oss forward.

I actually thought he finished really strongly and the last 20 mins I though we have a real future talent on our hands here if he keeps progressing.

A real dynamic midfielder who will become a fans favourite.

Still like Bartley also though-but in this league currently Martin seems to be the better option due to his passing ability.

Smartie
01-01-2017, 11:16 AM
What I like about him is his attitude.

Went in for a crunching tackle with one of the Falkirk players early on and looked like the Falkirk player was out to get him but he gave as much and more back and it was the Falkirk player who came off worse.

He misplaced a few passes but like others have said just got on wth it and kept asking for the ball.

He moves the ball quickly and isn't scared to drive or oss forward.

I actually thought he finished really strongly and the last 20 mins I though we have a real future talent on our hands here if he keeps progressing.

A real dynamic midfielder who will become a fans favourite.

Still like Bartley also though-but in this league currently Martin seems to be the better option due to his passing ability.

Yes, me too.

I don't want us to be too quick to write Bartley off. He had a poor game in Greenock but he's had a lot more good games for us than poor ones.

He's just not exactly what we're looking for at the moment and Martin offers us a little bit more of what we do need.

Brooster
01-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Always looking to get on the ball, pass and move pass and move. Great player with a great attitude. And an added bonus for me is that he has pushed Bartley further down the pecking order....one of our weakest players.

The_Horde
01-01-2017, 11:30 AM
He's reminds me of the former Leicester midfielder who is now at Chelsea who's name the forums swear filter wont allow. N'golo ****e.. see

HappyHanlon
01-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Immense yesterday and not scared to get stuck in.

Shame he'll be the one to drop out when McGinn and Fyvie come back.

indiejak1413
01-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Martins a quality player no doubt about it. A few of the 20s would surprise a lots of people.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
01-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Been impressed by him in the few games I've seen him play ..... as has been said he certainly doesn't hide in games and is always looking to get involved, seems to have great energy too. Definitely one for the future and I hope he isn't entirely pushed out when McGinn and Fyvie are fit again.

BSEJVT
01-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Yes, me too.

I don't want us to be too quick to write Bartley off. He had a poor game in Greenock but he's had a lot more good games for us than poor ones.

He's just not exactly what we're looking for at the moment and Martin offers us a little bit more of what we do need.

I like Bartley too but agree with your comments

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bartley moving on this window

At his age he will be looking to play every week and I think he will have a hard job breaking back into this team

Green-Hibee-7
01-01-2017, 01:55 PM
For me did not hide which for a young player breaking through when things aren't going well is all you can ask. Couple of good tackles/blocks particularly at the end stopping crosses. Looked to get things going taking the ball of mcgregor and Hanlon and going forward - lack of space or movement might have hampered this a bit.

Also liked when he got crunched by the Falkirk player he just got up and on with it.

Comes through the youth ranks so automatically you want to see him do well but I do feel he will be pushed down the ranks as soon as other midfielders are back.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Agree but perhaps recent performances will give Lennon the confidence to use Martin more and allow him to rotate McGinn and Fyvie to reduce the chance of injury

We need to see more of the like for like replacements when injuries and or suspensions kick in. IMO it is more of a risk to play players out of position than it is to bring in a young player.