PDA

View Full Version : Team v Arabs

alihibs1
31-12-2016, 05:08 PM
With Humphreys signing I wonder how we will set out against United. This is what I would do. Formation = 4-3-3

GK - Laidlaw (unless Marciano is back)

LB - Stevenson. Defensively good enough and with a winger won't be relied on to attack as much.

CB - Mcgregor. Solid

CB - Hanlon. Fonts has done nothing wrong but Hanlon is my pick

RB - Sir David Gray. As with Lewis won't be relied on to attack as much and can certainly do his job Defensively.

CM - Scott Martin. Unless Fyvie is fit he deserves to keep his spot.

CM - Dylan Mcgeoch

CAM - Kris Commons. Showed us what he can do today.

LW - Boyle or Keatings. Boyle can be brilliant but can also look lost. Keatings hopefully is fully fit but may be suited to a central role.

RW - Humphreys. Would guess he is match fit and have heard he has bags of pace

ST - Cummings. Daft but clinical.

You might say we shouldn't change the system again but with wingers in the squad now we need to use them effectively.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
31-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Assuming Marciano, McGinn and Fyvie are all still injured;

Laidlaw

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

McGeouch
Commons
Martin
Humphrey

Cummings
Holt

SUBS

Virtanen
Forster
Fontaine
Bartley
Boyle
Keatings
Graham

Northernhibee
31-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Same again.

wookie70
31-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Same again for me too with the bonus of an even stronger bench.

col02
31-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Assuming Marciano, McGinn and Fyvie are all still injured;

Laidlaw

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

McGeouch
Commons
Martin
Humphrey

Cummings
Holt

SUBS

Virtanen
Forster
Fontaine
Bartley
Boyle
Keatings
Graham

When you look at that squad allied with the returning players from injury that is a heck of a squad.

StevieCowan
31-12-2016, 07:02 PM
When you look at that squad allied with the returning players from injury that is a heck of a squad.

There will be further additions.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2016, 08:04 PM

Yep that's without our main goalkeeper and arguably our two best midfielders.

When you see our squad in black and white like that, we really should be getting promoted this season. It's by far the strongest squad in this division.

Dashing Bob S
31-12-2016, 08:37 PM
With Humphreys signing I wonder how we will set out against United. This is what I would do. Formation = 4-3-3

GK - Laidlaw (unless Marciano is back)

LB - Stevenson. Defensively good enough and with a winger won't be relied on to attack as much.

CB - Mcgregor. Solid

CB - Hanlon. Fonts has done nothing wrong but Hanlon is my pick

RB - Sir David Gray. As with Lewis won't be relied on to attack as much and can certainly do his job Defensively.

CM - Scott Martin. Unless Fyvie is fit he deserves to keep his spot.

CM - Dylan Mcgeoch

CAM - Kris Commons. Showed us what he can do today.

LW - Boyle or Keatings. Boyle can be brilliant but can also look lost. Keatings hopefully is fully fit but may be suited to a central role.

RW - Humphreys. Would guess he is match fit and have heard he has bags of pace

ST - Cummings. Daft but clinical.

You might say we shouldn't change the system again but with wingers in the squad now we need to use them effectively.

Wouldn't start with Boyle - better coming on when defenders are heavy legged and play is stretched.

My_Wife_Camille
31-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Same team as today but drop Shinnie for literally anybody.

Tha Cabbage Kid
31-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Laidlaw
Gray Hanlon McGregor Lewis
Bartley
McGeouch Martin commons
Keatings
Cummings

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

J-C
31-12-2016, 11:25 PM

Was he that bad today?

Craigmount Hibs
01-01-2017, 02:21 AM
Was he that bad today?
No. He didn't have his best game. But he kept looking for the ball. Hanlon and Holt had poorer games. Shinnie unfairly got more abuse.

My_Wife_Camille
01-01-2017, 04:54 AM
No. He didn't have his best game. But he kept looking for the ball. Hanlon and Holt had poorer games. Shinnie unfairly got more abuse.
I'd say that was his best game and he was still crap. Time to get rid

fife hfc
01-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Shinnie is a good player but to me he is not physical enough as he is easily brushed off the ball. In this league our opposition are very physical against us and allowed to be by referees that mean we need to be able to handle ourselves and Shinnie needs to improve that side of the game as technically he is a very good player,

theonlywayisup
01-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Same again - no need to change a winning team. We've enough on the bench to change the flow of the game.

calumhibee1
01-01-2017, 11:04 AM
I wasn't there but if Shinnie never upped his performance I'd have him out for Humphrey. Eventually I'd like to see us playing with Humphrey and Boyle as out and our wingers and really stretch teams.

lucky
01-01-2017, 11:51 AM
Why change a winning side?

fife hfc
01-01-2017, 12:05 PM
We will start the same team. Not the prettiest game yesterday but a good win. What is good is we will have two wingers on the bench so we can change formation and play a different style if needed.

BoomtownHibees
01-01-2017, 12:09 PM

No they didn't. Holt was pretty decent and Shinnie was hopeless

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2017, 01:20 PM
If we have needed width and pace for the best part of 5 years, and have brought in width and pace, why would we not use it?

Sir David Gray
01-01-2017, 02:34 PM
I wasn't there but if Shinnie never upped his performance I'd have him out for Humphrey. Eventually I'd like to see us playing with Humphrey and Boyle as out and our wingers and really stretch teams.

Boyle's not a winger and has said as much himself.

Speedway
01-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Robson

Fyvie
Hendo
McGinn
Commons

Stokes
Bogle

RoxburghHibs
01-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Have I missed some new signings?

Robson? Hendo? Bogle? Stokes?

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2017, 04:14 PM
If we have needed width and pace for the best part of 5 years, and have brought in width and pace, why would we not use it?

We'll be punished by God. These self-designated rules of mediocrity whereby we do the same thing and expect different results exist for a reason. The last thing we want right now is a disturbance in the cosmos. Look at what's happening in Gorgie now with Cathro. He opens his laptop and the poltergeist inside sucks in the Asbo stand which has been slowly killing Yams for generations. No good can come of changing things.

That's why we need to very, very cautious in our use of this new-fangled trendy 'width and pace' nonsense which I don't think will catch on.

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2017, 04:18 PM

He thinks he's not a winger but I've hacked Ian Cathro's laptop and his considerable data stream indicates otherwise.

TheFamous1875
01-01-2017, 11:23 PM
I'd go:

Laidlaw.

Gray (c). McGregor. Hanlon. Stevenson.

McGeouch. Martin.

Humphrey. Commons. Boyle.

Cummings.

danhibees1875
02-01-2017, 10:59 AM
I don't think we should drop Laidlaw even if rocky is back - he hasn't done anything wrong that I've seen. Nice to have competition though.

I'd stick with Holt and have Keatings in. Boyle and Humphrey to get some game time though. Mcginn cameo at the end when we're 4-1 up and cruising. :wink:

Laidlaw.

Gray (c). McGregor. Hanlon. Stevenson.

McGeouch. Martin.

Keatings. Commons.

Cummings. Holt.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Robson

Fyvie
Hendo
McGinn
Commons

Stokes
Bogle

No Sturridge? :confused:

bingo70
02-01-2017, 11:15 AM

I'm raging, we're bringing in Samaras and he's not even in the starting 11?

Ridiculous

Speedway
02-01-2017, 11:36 AM

On the bench.

Speedway
02-01-2017, 11:36 AM
I'm raging, we're bringing in Samaras and he's not even in the starting 11?

Ridiculous

Awaiting international clearance.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2017, 11:37 AM
On the bench.

Awaiting international clearance.

:top marks

Super_JMcGinn
02-01-2017, 11:39 AM

No need.

Same team deserve a chance imo.

eastcoasthibby
02-01-2017, 10:19 PM

Boyle doesn't want to be a winger and says he is a striker ..well there is a bit of both here ..he isn't a striker but has great pace and finishes not too badly at times !! I reckon he could be the equivalent of Johnny Hayes at Aberdeen if he just accepts he's much better value to the team playing wide and getting at defenders from wide areas and getting his scoring chances from that area as well.

Ronniekirk
03-01-2017, 06:54 AM
No need.

Same team deserve a chance imo.

Lennon will want to spring a surprise and catch united out, get an early goal ,and this time dont let them off the hook Keep at them We havent beaten them yet and that will irk Lennon
Am looking for us to put on a performance in front of a Full House

offshorehibby
03-01-2017, 07:52 AM

Two Weeks

SonOfDavidFrancey
03-01-2017, 07:59 AM

Can't expect to walk into a winning team

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-01-2017, 05:08 PM
Laidlaw

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Humphrey
Martin
Bartey
Commons
Boyle

Holt
Cummings

mmcclory02
05-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Got to be 4-3-1-2

Ross Laidlaw- GK - unless Marciano is fit

Lewis Stevenson - LB - no other options but our "legend"
Paul Hanlon - CB - been good so far this season with only a few mistakes
Darren McGregor - CB - best defender so far this season by a long way
David Gray - RB - had a solid season so far but if he gets forward he needs to put in some good deliveries

Scott Martin - CM - played well last time out, deserves to stay in the team
John McGinn - CM - need him back in the team, lack very little creativity and control in the middle of the park
Andrew Shinnie - CM - always seems to be a spark in the midfield

Kris Commons - CAM - played very well against Falkirk with a good assist and great finish from the free kick

Jason Cummings - ST - feel like lennons been tough on him, but a good performance against Falkirk proved that he should be back in the starting 11
James Keatings - ST - think the only way we are breaking Utd down is through our passing play and quick football none of this hump ball nonsense

Big L
05-01-2017, 07:11 PM
4-2-3-1
Marciano

Gray McGregor Hanlon, Stevenson

Martin McGinn

Humphrey's Commons Keatings

Cummings.

Obviously want to win, it's also important we don't lose !

ivan03
06-01-2017, 12:52 AM
Can't believe how many people have left out Shinnie. He works hard, always looking to take the ball and make things happen, he gets caught on the ball at times but personally I think it's because of the lack of options and he always wants to go forward and create. Can't see Lennon dropping him

hfc rd
06-01-2017, 01:09 AM
Marciano (if not fit, then Laidlaw)

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Martin

Humphrey
Shinnie
Commons
Keatings

Cummings

MWHIBBIES
06-01-2017, 03:03 AM
I'd say that was his best game and he was still crap. Time to get rid

You havent been to many games I assume?

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2017, 03:53 AM
Rocky
Gray
Crane
Hanlon
McGregor
McGinn
Commons
Shinnie
Humphreys
Cummings
Holt

Martin
Stevenson
Boyle
Graham
Fountaine
Bartley
Laidlaw

Pete
06-01-2017, 04:21 AM
Rocky
Gray
Crane
Hanlon
McGregor
McGinn
Commons
Shinnie
Humphreys
Cummings
Holt

Martin
Stevenson
Boyle
Graham
Fountaine
Bartley
Laidlaw

5-5-7. I like it.

I'd like to see them try and stop us scoring if we do that.

flash
06-01-2017, 06:29 AM
Is Dylan out that nobody is picking him?

superfurryhibby
06-01-2017, 07:05 AM

I wondered this myself last night but I was too cool to ask:wink:I suspect it's a case of omission by forgetfulness by the OP and then one of herd mentality from the others. If he is fit the Dylan must play.

Brightside
06-01-2017, 07:12 AM
Good chance Commons wont start due to illness. So i can't see Shinnie not playing. Humphrey in for Commons and a wee shuffle in midfield probably. We will have a very impressive bench tonight.

3pm
06-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Good chance Commons wont start due to illness. So i can't see Shinnie not playing. Humphrey in for Commons and a wee shuffle in midfield probably. We will have a very impressive bench tonight.

Shinnie will need to do a lot better than he has in the last 2 games.

DTS
06-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Laidlaw(rocky if fit)
Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray
Back 4 and gk pick themselfes really
Martin
Mcgeouch
McGinn
Commons

If McGinn or commons aren't fit to start shinnie or keats to come in for either

Cummings
Holt

Hibeewilly
06-01-2017, 07:37 AM
I was thinking tge same. Best midfielder we have IMO first name on tge team sheet for me. A class act

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-01-2017, 07:43 AM
Rocky (Laidlaw)

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Humphrey
Dylan
McGinn (Martin)
Commons (Shinnie)

Cummings
Holt

Aldo
06-01-2017, 08:36 AM

Laidlaw (or fit Rocky)

Gray McGregor Hanlon

Martin McGeouch
Humphrey. Boyle
Commons

Cummings. Holt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nameless
06-01-2017, 08:52 AM
Rocky (Laidlaw)

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Humphrey
Dylan
McGinn (Martin)
Commons (Shinnie)

Cummings
Holt
That's the one I would go for.

Brightside
06-01-2017, 09:40 AM
United tend to go 442...but i think they will switch to 451 and look to defend the midfield.

MrRobot
06-01-2017, 10:39 AM
Surely people aren't serious wanting to drop Stevenson for an untested youth(Crane)? This game is massive - ridiculous to even consider unless Stevenson isn't fit.

My_Wife_Camille
06-01-2017, 10:44 AM
You havent been to many games I assume?
You're the one that kept insisting that Liam Craig and Mark Oxley weren't total crap too aren't you?

Northernhibee
06-01-2017, 10:47 AM
You're the one that kept insisting that Liam Craig and Mark Oxley weren't total crap too aren't you?

They weren't. I can only imagine you're one of the sheep who listen to the no-nothing loudmouths as opposed to creating an opinion of your own.

Nicho87
06-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Laidlaw

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Martin
McGeouch
Shinnie

Commons

Holt
Cummings

Borderhibbie76
06-01-2017, 01:10 PM
That's coz they aren't...Oxley was a decent keeper...we've had far worse and Craig is playing for a top 6 prem side

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Martin
McGeouch
Shinnie

Commons

Holt
Cummings

This

Get Humphrey on to stretch the game late on when United are chasing it and he'll run riot

My_Wife_Camille
06-01-2017, 01:19 PM
They weren't. I can only imagine you're one of the sheep who listen to the no-nothing loudmouths as opposed to creating an opinion of your own.Maybe, or maybe I'm one of the no-nothing loadmouths? Or maybe I formed my own opinion based on going to numerous games that they were both absolutely honking.

JimBHibees
06-01-2017, 01:20 PM
United tend to go 442...but i think they will switch to 451 and look to defend the midfield.

Can remember they were cautious in previous game at Er also the last game against them. Will be a scrap in midfield. Think we can definitely get at their defence.

Moulin Yarns
06-01-2017, 01:21 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317507-Dundee-United&p=4898603&viewfull=1#post4898603

scoopyboy
06-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Hard one to pick tonight.

Goalie could be either.

Back four should pick itself and Holt and Cummings up front.

I think Humphrey will start along with McGeouch , Commons as well if fit.

Which leaves McGinn, Martin, Shinnie.

If McGinn up to speed then a no brainer but I'm not so sure he is.

My_Wife_Camille
06-01-2017, 01:27 PM
That's coz they aren't...Oxley was a decent keeper...we've had far worse and Craig is playing for a top 6 prem side

Sent from my SM-G920F using TapatalkPlaying for a top 6 Prem side means absolutely nothing. Amadou Konte played for a top 6 prem side and he was one of the worst players going. John McGinn, Fraser Fyvie, Dylan McGeouch all play for a second tier Scottish team and are all better players than Liam Craig.

Oxley was just as bad as Malkowski and Makalambay.

In fact, using your logic, we were a top 6 side when we had them so they must have actually been better than Oxley.

Borderhibbie76
06-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Playing for a top 6 Prem side means absolutely nothing. Amadou Konte played for a top 6 prem side and he was one of the worst players going. John McGinn, Fraser Fyvie, Dylan McGeouch all play for a second tier Scottish team and are all better players than Liam Craig.

Oxley was just as bad as Malkowski and Makalambay.

In fact, using your logic, we were a top 6 side when we had them so they must have actually been better than Oxley.
😴😴😴😴

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My_Wife_Camille
06-01-2017, 01:31 PM
😴😴😴😴

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk:cb

alihibs1
06-01-2017, 06:04 PM
My prediction was only one off. Bartley for Martin