PDA

View Full Version : Commons - Assist & Winner!

California-Hibs
31-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Well done Kris! Unbelievable that there was some people doubting him after just 2 games (since April!!) even though he didn't even particularly play badly in the first 2.

Today's what you get though - a game changer! A result which could prove to be a real corner turner. Hopefully something can get sorted to get him till the end of the season because like he showed today, he has quality.

Again, well done Kris Commons!! He got us that win today.

cmcd
31-12-2016, 02:28 PM
Well done Kris! Unbelievable that there was some people doubting him after just 2 games (since April!!) even though he didn't even particularly play badly in the first 2.

Today's what you get though - a game changer! A result which could prove to be a real corner turner. Hopefully something can get sorted to get him till the end of the season because like he showed today, he has quality.

Well said Canirfonia .Too many on here quick to criticise.

Marco G
31-12-2016, 02:34 PM

Some doubters, but most of us know him for what he is, someone who can change the game for us!

That malt is going to go down even more easily tonight, I think.

Ozyhibby
31-12-2016, 03:39 PM
He is a game changing player. Never doubted he would be that for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
31-12-2016, 03:51 PM
He has to be kept for the season. He is 2 steps ahead of the rest of his team mates.

B.H.F.C
31-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Sees a pass. No need to have a big man up top, just get a couple of runners and he'll play them in for fun.

Hibby Bairn
31-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Sees a pass. No need to have a big man up top, just get a couple of runners and he'll play them in for fun.

So true. Better movement in and around him and he would create loads.

Dashing Bob S
31-12-2016, 03:57 PM
He is a game changing player. Never doubted he would be that for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Totally agree.

Brightside
31-12-2016, 04:04 PM
Some posters are totally at it!

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2016, 04:29 PM

Spot on, well said

Pretty Boy
31-12-2016, 04:31 PM
He's done ok since coming in imo.

He has quality from a dead ball and that won through in the end today. I'd be happy to see him stay beyond the initial 5 games.

swin1875
31-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Class act and what he done at the end giving his boots into the crowd just class 👍🏻

Vault Boy
31-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Superb quality. Will only get better, hope we keep him for the season.

eastcoasthibby
31-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Will be even better with fyvie and mcginn in the midfield ..or Dylan ...reality is we have missed Fuchs and mcginn big style ..think AL made mistake in playing Bartley and not S Martin..but too late to go back but just remember for future !! I said it before I doni think we need a Bartley at all no pace , no ability, ...even in this league !! Commons needs to stay as he is the goalscorer from midfield something we need desperately ....

Hi Heid Yin
31-12-2016, 05:02 PM
Commons is pure class and is yet to find his peak form after having missed so much first team action at Celtic. If we keep him and he gets fully match-fit then he might very well be the missing link we have long been crying out for - a creative and 'scoring' midfielder - if McGinn and Fyvie could add the scoring bit to their game - they too could become genuine 'class'

Sir David Gray
31-12-2016, 05:12 PM
I think he will only get better as the season goes on and hopefully we can agree to keep him on for the remainder of the season.

He's not going to get a look in at Celtic so unless there's another move on the horizon for him in January the best thing for both parties would be to extend the deal until the summer.

If we can get that agreed then he'll be some signing at this level once he's fully up to speed.

emerald green
31-12-2016, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure that people "doubted" Kris Commons, but speaking for myself only my "doubt" was that Commons was not match fit. Even Neil Lennon and Kris Commons himself new that.

He's a good player, and once he gains full match fitness he will be an important player for Hibs, if his loan period can be extended (there's that wee word IF again).

Tremendous free kick today. That's how to hit a dead ball. Superbly struck.

Billy Whizz
31-12-2016, 05:17 PM
He's done ok since coming in imo.

He has quality from a dead ball and that won through in the end today. I'd be happy to see him stay beyond the initial 5 games.

I'd like to see him stay, hopefully that goal gives him the confidence, that he can still do it.
Apart from his free kick that he scored from, thought his corners and other free kicks today were terrible. Think he put both his corners out the park
Gray little ball for Cummings goal though

ekhibee
31-12-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure that people "doubted" Kris Commons, but speaking for myself only my "doubt" was that Commons was not match fit. Even Neil Lennon and Kris Commons himself new that.

He's a good player, and once he gains full match fitness he will be an important player for Hibs, if his loan period can be extended (there's that wee word IF again).

Tremendous free kick today. That's how to hit a dead ball. Superbly struck.
Yep, totally agree with this. I reckon it was always going to take a couple of games for him to get match fit and now we're starting to see the benefits, with hopefully more to come.

emerald green
31-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Yep, totally agree with this. I reckon it was always going to take a couple of games for him to get match fit and now we're starting to see the benefits, with hopefully more to come.

:agree: :aok:

A Hi-Bee
31-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Quality, Class call it what you wish, you don't lose that along with a fitba brain.:thumbsup:

Jim44
31-12-2016, 06:06 PM
I thought his 'celebration' looked great and definitely meaningful to him.

Itsnoteasy
31-12-2016, 09:59 PM
I'd like to see him stay, hopefully that goal gives him the confidence, that he can still do it.
Apart from his free kick that he scored from, thought his corners and other free kicks today were terrible. Think he put both his corners out the park
Gray little ball for Cummings goal though

Don't think he needs confidence. 2 steps ahead of his team mates. Scores one & lays the other on a plate with a defence splitting pass. It was like beastie mccluskey when at hibs.

Dashing Bob S
31-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Commons was class and will get better. The people who wrote him off should be hanging their heads in shame.

Jim44
31-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Commons was class and will get better. The people who wrote him off should be hanging their heads in shame.

Not really Bob. Opinions can be spontaneous, emotional and superficial. Hanging heads in shame is a bit ott. By the same token, the skooshers might well have been hanging their heads in shame after our relative fall from grace. Anyway, let's all sing from the same hymn sheet into 2017.

WhileTheChief..
31-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Traffic cone?! :wink::greengrin

green day
31-12-2016, 11:56 PM
Seen it on SSN, what a free kick!

Waxy
31-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Another v Utd will be great thanks.

Seveno
01-01-2017, 12:11 AM
I hope that the a**e in seat F262 enjoyed his goal. He moaned all game about how Commons had done nothing since he arrived and should get back to Celtic.

He was much better playing in the middle in the second half and I think Keatings has the speed and intelligence to feed off him.

Itsnoteasy
01-01-2017, 01:22 AM
I hope that the a**e in seat F262 enjoyed his goal. He moaned all game about how Commons had done nothing since he arrived and should get back to Celtic.

He was much better playing in the middle in the second half and I think Keatings has the speed and intelligence to feed off him.

I know who you are talking about, but I don't know him. I was in G 263 his 2 pals were the same.

Shrekko
01-01-2017, 01:30 AM
Absolute class player.

The amount of fans looking to criticise virtually everything is getting embarrassing. The 2/3 games it'll take to get him match fit will be well worth it. Players being judged after less than 180 minutes is cringeworthy.

Scouse Hibee
01-01-2017, 01:30 AM

There seemed to be a few around me today who clearly have no interest in supporting the players on the park. One idiot was particularly amusing as he clearly has bad eyesight or doesn'the know the rules.He called so many things wrong it was laughable.

Is It On....
01-01-2017, 02:13 AM
Don't think he needs confidence. 2 steps ahead of his team mates. Scores one & lays the other on a plate with a defence splitting pass. It was like beastie mccluskey when at hibs.

Beastie...what a player...remember him sliding on his knees in to the goalmouth after we scored against Rangers at ER .....before that thug Souness crocked him later in the game.

makaveli1875
01-01-2017, 12:15 PM
commons is a match winner , if we could keep him for the season it would give us a massive advantage in the title race

he will set up goals , score goals and cause havoc against any defence .

DaveF
01-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Brilliant pass for Cummings.

jacomo
01-01-2017, 03:40 PM

One of my hopes for 2017 is that fewer members of Hibs.net use any possible excuse to have a dig at fellow supporters...