PDA

View Full Version : Club shop

The Pointer
30-12-2016, 12:39 PM
OK, I know this has been spoken about for ages but I've just been in the shop and it's woeful the lack of stock.

It's empty, devoid, with practically nothing to buy to do with the SCF, nothing on the walls except a couple of photos and just a pile of books in the window to suggest anything out of the ordinary happened this year.

It really is shocking that this state of affairs has been allowed to happen with the club possibly losing anything up to a seven figure sum since May because of the ineptitude of the company running the outlet.

The sooner we get rid of this mob the better and then maybe, the club can belatedly bring in shed loads of stuff.

On the subject of merchandise, I saw on t'internet yesterday that you can buy SRU, Edinburgh and Glasgow rugby Bawbags. I would happily buy a couple of Hibs ones if they were available.

Petrie! :@

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2016, 01:17 PM
Dreadful - huge missed opportunity since May.

They had none of the Aidan Smith book left when I was in yesterday either.

MixuMac
30-12-2016, 01:38 PM
The biggest issue is the shop is run by Nike as part of the deal we have with them and therefore hibs cannot put anything in it without their permission!!!

Hope this will change with any new deal for the 2017/18 strip

Itsnoteasy
30-12-2016, 02:40 PM
The biggest issue is the shop is run by Nike as part of the deal we have with them and therefore hibs cannot put anything in it without their permission!!!

Hope this will change with any new deal for the 2017/18 strip

It's to late next season unless we win the holy grail again

Onion
30-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Was in the shop earlier this week, very little Cup Final stuff for sale.

I was returning a Xmas present bought online and was offered a gift voucher - which was fine. When I checked to see if the voucher would include the £5 standard delivery charge, was told "no, we don't refund the postage" as "delivery had been fulfilled" !! I suggested it should be refunded under UK (Consumer Contracts Regs) & European law and he quickly agreed. Guy made me feel like he was doing me a big favour !

Been a bit of media coverage about some companies refusing to refund standard postage costs for online sales, but I didn't expect the Hibs shop to be one of them. Sharp Practice.

ancient hibee
30-12-2016, 03:39 PM
OK, I know this has been spoken about for ages but I've just been in the shop and it's woeful the lack of stock.

It's empty, devoid, with practically nothing to buy to do with the SCF, nothing on the walls except a couple of photos and just a pile of books in the window to suggest anything out of the ordinary happened this year.

It really is shocking that this state of affairs has been allowed to happen with the club possibly losing anything up to a seven figure sum since May because of the ineptitude of the company running the outlet.

The sooner we get rid of this mob the better and then maybe, the club can belatedly bring in shed loads of stuff.

On the subject of merchandise, I saw on t'internet yesterday that you can buy SRU, Edinburgh and Glasgow rugby Bawbags. I would happily buy a couple of Hibs ones if they were available.

Petrie! :@

could be that the shop has sold out in the run up to Christmas and has to wait for new supplies.

StevieCowan
30-12-2016, 03:47 PM
could be that the shop has sold out in the run up to Christmas and has to wait for new supplies.

If that was the case it would be understandable but it's had very little stock in at all over the last couple of years.

I've walked in several times over the last two years wanting to spend a few hundred quid on presents or memoriblia only to walk out again having spent nowt.

I was led to believe that there was a working party looking at this but I've not read a thing about it since.

It must be a six figure sum the club has lost out on due to not having SCF products readily available.

It annoys the hell out of me.

ancient hibee
30-12-2016, 03:49 PM
If that was the case it would be understandable but it's had very little stock in at all over the last couple of years.

I've walked in several times over the last two years wanting to spend a few hundred quid on presents or memoriblia only to walk out again having spent nowt.

I was led to believe that there was a working party looking at this but I've not read a thing about it since.

It must be a six figure sum the club has lost out on due to not having SCF products readily available.

It annoys the hell out of me.
Yes I think it's been pretty poor and to an old codger like me some of the stuff is drastically overpriced.

beensaidbefore
30-12-2016, 03:55 PM
There is no reason why a second hibs shop could not have been set up to circumvent the deal with Nike and to maximise the income from the cup win.

I have still never had anyone give a good reason why this, or stalls at times like festival are not tried by the club. Half a million tourists in August, how many find their way to the club shop? Can't be many.

Bristolhibby
30-12-2016, 03:56 PM
The thing that rips my knitting is we are almost in 2017 and no Scottish Cup Winners tie.

My set will look incomplete, I have a 1991 Skol Cup winners tie and a 2007 CIS Insurance Cup winners tie, but unbelievable no Scottish Cup winners 2016 tie.

J

calumhibee1
30-12-2016, 04:08 PM

I was returning a Xmas present bought online and was offered a gift voucher - which was fine. When I checked to see if the voucher would include the £5 standard delivery charge, was told "no, we don't refund the postage" as "delivery had been fulfilled" !! I suggested it should be refunded under UK (Consumer Contracts Regs) & European law and he quickly agreed. Guy made me feel like he was doing me a big favour !

Been a bit of media coverage about some companies refusing to refund standard postage costs for online sales, but I didn't expect the Hibs shop to be one of them. Sharp Practice.

Really? I'm actually surprised they gave you a refund of the shipping as the guy said, it had been fulfilled and delivered exactly as you wanted it. Unless there was something wrong with the order they've sent you and it was incorrect/damaged etc then I can understand wanting a refund of the postage as you've had to go down and sort it out yourself. BUt if it's just based on the fact something didn't fit or you didn't want it then I'd have agreed with the shop staff..

Beefster
30-12-2016, 04:17 PM
The thing that rips my knitting is we are almost in 2017 and no Scottish Cup Winners tie.

My set will look incomplete, I have a 1991 Skol Cup winners tie and a 2007 CIS Insurance Cup winners tie, but unbelievable no Scottish Cup winners 2016 tie.

J

There are some things that will just not be economical to produce because they are a pretty niche product that might sell a small number. I could be wrong but ties sound like they might fit into that category.

GreenCastle
30-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Shop is poor - has been for a while.

Sizes and lack of simple products.

Was told they have sold over 22,000 of the cup final DVDs though !

Vini1875
30-12-2016, 05:14 PM
OK I agree that shop has been poor, but I suppose the decision to make this change was based entirely on money and you would have to know how much we were making or losing from the club shop before the Nike deal to understand whether or not it had been a good idea.

With the Scottish Cup and crowds at around 15,000 it does seem like a real missed opportunity, but last season our average crowd seemed like half of this seasons and if we don't go up, what will next season be like?

Does anyone know what the shop makes/loses?

Bristolhibby
30-12-2016, 05:17 PM
There are some things that will just not be economical to produce because they are a pretty niche product that might sell a small number. I could be wrong but ties sound like they might fit into that category.

Maybe. Didn't seem to be an issue in 1991 and 2007. Do people wear ties less?
Never really thought about it as I wear a suit and tie to work everyday.

J

Carheenlea
30-12-2016, 05:24 PM
Down at Ayr back in November I was paying on the day, so had to purchase ticket from their club shop. You could barely move in it down to the shelves heaving with different selections of merchandise.
Definitely room for huge improvement, but the fact this has been a regular complaint for a few years now suggests it might not be worth holding your breath in anticipation.

Hibby Bairn
30-12-2016, 05:29 PM
But a big improvement on the shop in early 80s when it was in old main stand and the stock consisted mostly of metal badges 👍😀

Onion
30-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Really? I'm actually surprised they gave you a refund of the shipping as the guy said, it had been fulfilled and delivered exactly as you wanted it. Unless there was something wrong with the order they've sent you and it was incorrect/damaged etc then I can understand wanting a refund of the postage as you've had to go down and sort it out yourself. BUt if it's just based on the fact something didn't fit or you didn't want it then I'd have agreed with the shop staff..

Hmm, then you'd be wrong :cb

Nothing surprising in folk not knowing this, only reason I did was because of the media coverage a few weeks ago. But it's laid out in the Consumer Contract Regulations 2014 (previously Distance Selling Regs) so no excuse for retailer ignorance. They're knowingly breaking the law and using consumer ignorance to rip folk off.

Just google online sales refunds and you'll find it covered by Which? and other consumer rights sites.

Probably wouldn't have mentioned it, except the guy in the Hibs shop tried to make me feel guilty and that he was doing me a huge favour, where in fact he was just denying me my legal rights - which he would have known.

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2016, 07:08 PM

The guy in the shop told me back in the summer that they were producing a tie and handkerchief set. Same as the one the players wore - the initial reason for the delay was given as the players sourced the tie themselves and didnt tell anyone where they got them. The next reason was they needed them to be embroidered.

Now I think they've just forgotten. Or maybe Nike don't want them to sell them?

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Shop is poor - has been for a while.

Sizes and lack of simple products.

Was told they have sold over 22,000 of the cup final DVDs though !

Does that include the numerous replacements they've had to do? :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
30-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Hmm, then you'd be wrong :cb

Nothing surprising in folk not knowing this, only reason I did was because of the media coverage a few weeks ago. But it's laid out in the Consumer Contract Regulations 2014 (previously Distance Selling Regs) so no excuse for retailer ignorance. They're knowingly breaking the law and using consumer ignorance to rip folk off.

Just google online sales refunds and you'll find it covered by Which? and other consumer rights sites.

Probably wouldn't have mentioned it, except the guy in the Hibs shop tried to make me feel guilty and that he was doing me a huge favour, where in fact he was just denying me my legal rights - which he would have known.

Spot on.
You've got more rights buying online than in the shop as you can't see or try on product.

Nothing worse than someone trying to make a James Hunt of you when you know you were right.

Swedish hibee
30-12-2016, 09:51 PM
I've never ever asked for the postage back on something I've ordered and don't want to keep. I always thought that was the gamble you took...
I've never heard of this!!? Is this common in Scotland?

ps. I agree, the shop is very, very poor but has been for few years now. Sadly.

barcahibs
30-12-2016, 10:44 PM
There is no reason why a second hibs shop could not have been set up to circumvent the deal with Nike and to maximise the income from the cup win.

I have still never had anyone give a good reason why this, or stalls at times like festival are not tried by the club. Half a million tourists in August, how many find their way to the club shop? Can't be many.

I'd be surprised if the deal with whoever is running the shop doesn't give them exclusive rights to sell under the Hibs brand and expressly forbid Hibs opening new shops somewhere in the contract. They'd look a bit daft paying Hibs for the rights to sell stuff from the club shop only for Hibs to then open a different shop and compete with them.

monktonharp
30-12-2016, 11:12 PM
could be that the shop has sold out in the run up to Christmas and has to wait for new supplies.Or it could be that they are completely insipid, unwilling to assist, don't give a flyin', or as I suspect, they are thoroughly incompetent and we should shut the doors as it's so embarrassing.

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 11:29 PM
I noticed that your club shop was selling wee replicas of the Scottish cup with the club badge on the base the cup is on, why is that out of stock? to me that is the kind of thing that every Hibs supporter would want? Seems a bit like whoever deals with that side of it doesn't have the finger on the pulse...

You can buy those wee Scottish cup replicas off ebay and amazon by the way although they don't have the Hibernian badge on it just the SFA one.

monktonharp
30-12-2016, 11:56 PM
I noticed that your club shop was selling wee replicas of the Scottish cup with the club badge on the base the cup is on, why is that out of stock? to me that is the kind of thing that every Hibs supporter would want? Seems a bit like whoever deals with that side of it doesn't have the finger on the pulse...

You can buy those wee Scottish cup replicas off ebay and amazon by the way although they don't have the Hibernian badge on it just the SFA one.while you are on, I needed 2 strips for the 80th birthday of my twin elderly uncles a couple o' years back. one, Christy a Celt. the other Eddie (Mc Hale) a Hibby. I wanted the names on the back and a friend picked one up at C.Park with his name on £56. the other on the same day I picked up the Hibby one but no Name as they ran out of H, ! I paid over £70 with nae name, but was told come back Thursday for a name. went in and they had ran out of Ls. !!!! eventually had to pay more, and got the name Mc Hale on with nowt but hassle. our shop is a disaster zone. your club seems a hassle free experience. much to my chagrin.

MichaelTheCelt
31-12-2016, 12:03 AM
while you are on, I needed 2 strips for the 80th birthday of my twin elderly uncles a couple o' years back. one, Christy a Celt. the other Eddie (Mc Hale) a Hibby. I wanted the names on the back and a friend picked one up at C.Park with his name on £56. the other on the same day I picked up the Hibby one but no Name as they ran out of H, ! I paid over £70 with nae name, but was told come back Thursday for a name. went in and they had ran out of Ls. !!!! eventually had to pay more, and got the name Mc Hale on with nowt but hassle. our shop is a disaster zone. your club seems a hassle free experience. much to my chagrin.

Aye I've never had a bad experience in the Celtic shop either, they even let you off with paying the 5p for the bags if you don't have the 5p, brilliant.

Years ago before they sold the tops without the sponsor I tried peeling mine of with using a how to guide I found on the internet that assured me would work, made a right arse of it as you can imagine, took it back to the shop and told them it happened in the wash (you could pure tell by the way I tried peeling it off) to my surprise they swapped it over nae bother.

hibees 7062
31-12-2016, 12:21 AM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15727185_1216129145144975_7723215145915673415_n.jp g?oh=b9033a19d32f29c36ba823c0f9821a5d&oe=591F7D39

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-12-2016, 12:33 AM

If the goods were damaged I can see the merit in this.

If I ordered a top in Large hoping it would fit when in fact i'm a porker and needed an XXXL, then I have issues in the club forking out for postage...

The Weeman's Mum
31-12-2016, 12:43 AM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15727185_1216129145144975_7723215145915673415_n.jp g?oh=b9033a19d32f29c36ba823c0f9821a5d&oe=591F7D39
Nice

Danderhall Hibs
31-12-2016, 02:00 AM
I'd be surprised if the deal with whoever is running the shop doesn't give them exclusive rights to sell under the Hibs brand and expressly forbid Hibs opening new shops somewhere in the contract. They'd look a bit daft paying Hibs for the rights to sell stuff from the club shop only for Hibs to then open a different shop and compete with them.

Would it be classed as competition if they're selling different products?

jonny
31-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Another gripe to add to the many about the shop.
I went in today to change one of my kids Hibs shirts and they point blank refused.
The wee man opened it on Christmas day and wanted it on right away. I pulled the tags off and stuck it on him (in hindsight I should've waited till he'd had it on before removing the tags but we were caught up in the moment). I then immediately noticed a large thread pull across the shirt.
I showed it to the shop (with the receipt), explained what happened and they refused to change it and said he must've caught it on something because they are all checked before going out.
I bought 3 full kits for my kids and we all have season tickets (along with my dad). Over the course of a season we probably spend about a grand going to see Hibs and buying merchandise.
If he'd damaged it himself I'd have bought a new one. To say I was raging would be an understatement. The manager eventually came out but all he said was that if I wasn't happy I should contact their head office on Wednesday.
I'm going to email the club and contact the head office but am very disappointed in the attitude of staff. Basically called me a liar.

The Weeman's Mum
31-12-2016, 08:38 PM
Another gripe to add to the many about the shop.
I went in today to change one of my kids Hibs shirts and they point blank refused.
The wee man opened it on Christmas day and wanted it on right away. I pulled the tags off and stuck it on him (in hindsight I should've waited till he'd had it on before removing the tags but we were caught up in the moment). I then immediately noticed a large thread pull across the shirt.
I showed it to the shop (with the receipt), explained what happened and they refused to change it and said he must've caught it on something because they are all checked before going out.
I bought 3 full kits for my kids and we all have season tickets (along with my dad). Over the course of a season we probably spend about a grand going to see Hibs and buying merchandise.
If he'd damaged it himself I'd have bought a new one. To say I was raging would be an understatement. The manager eventually came out but all he said was that if I wasn't happy I should contact their head office on Wednesday.
I'm going to email the club and contact the head office but am very disappointed in the attitude of staff. Basically called me a liar.
Shocked but not surprised. Did you get the manager's name BTW? If it was Rob, I am surprised. The assistant manager is tall, glasses and beard. Head office has nothing to do with it, as all matters are dealt with in house. And they don't check everything,not enough staff or time to do so. Fire off an email to Colin Millar and Frank.

The Weeman's Mum
31-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Would it be classed as competition if they're selling different products?

Just Sport have the trademark right. But saying that, they haven't stopped others for doing what they should have done, sell Cup Final and other Hibs related products. Just aswell, this is their final year.

The Weeman's Mum
31-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Or it could be that they are completely insipid, unwilling to assist, don't give a flyin', or as I suspect, they are thoroughly incompetent and we should shut the doors as it's so embarrassing.
Spot on.

jonny
31-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Shocked but not surprised. Did you get the manager's name BTW? If it was Rob, I am surprised. The assistant manager is tall, glasses and beard. Head office has nothing to do with it, as all matters are dealt with in house. And they don't check everything,not enough staff or time to do so. Fire off an email to Colin Millar and Frank.

I didn't get his name pal, the manager was quite softly spoken and had an English accent. In fairness it wasn't him, I think the discussion had gone so far as he felt obliged to back up the member of staff. It was a guy with a beard I was arguing with but he didn't have glasses.

Do you have an email address for Colin or Frank?

The Weeman's Mum
31-12-2016, 09:55 PM
I didn't get his name pal, the manager was quite softly spoken and had an English accent. In fairness it wasn't him, I think the discussion had gone so far as he felt obliged to back up the member of staff. It was a guy with a beard I was arguing with but he didn't have glasses.

Do you have an email address for Colin or Frank?
Hi. That is Neil, the manager. The other guy is his deputy /senior employee. He can be a bit OTT. Colin's email is CMillar@hibernianfc.co.uk. Not sure about Frank's.

pacorosssco
31-12-2016, 10:24 PM

J

I agree. A tie should have been made

tamig
31-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Maybe. Didn't seem to be an issue in 1991 and 2007. Do people wear ties less?
Never really thought about it as I wear a suit and tie to work everyday.

J

I think ties are definitely worn less these days. Most businesses are relaxing dress codes and there's been a huge reduction in the number of suit and tie type establishments. In my experience the few people I know who still wear them do so through personal choice.

jonny
31-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Hi. That is Neil, the manager. The other guy is his deputy /senior employee. He can be a bit OTT. Colin's email is CMillar@hibernianfc.co.uk. Not sure about Frank's.

Much obliged to you mate. I'll drop Colin an email at some point over the next couple of days.

The Weeman's Mum
01-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Much obliged to you mate. I'll drop Colin an email at some point over the next couple of days.

Welcome.

fulshie
01-01-2017, 08:12 PM
Totally agree with shop being short on merchandise but, does anyone know how much the clubs rakes in through internet sales?