PDA

View Full Version : Huns/tic game

davym7062
30-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Celtic are even money with bet 365 or 3/4 with William hill!! That's buying cash surely!!!!

Hibernia&Alba
30-12-2016, 11:11 AM
You would think so, but strange things happen in derbies. If I put a stack on Celtc, you can be sure they'd blow it.

Canon Hannan
30-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Sevco have a few injuries and it is tempting even though I don't bet!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Rangers are 19/5.

Golden Bear
30-12-2016, 11:23 AM
The ugly sisters game is very much of secondary importance tomorrow. The big game of the day is at Falkirk.

xyz23jc
30-12-2016, 11:25 AM
The ugly sisters game is very much of secondary importance tomorrow. The big game of the day is at Falkirk.

This. 100%. FACT. END OF. :greengrin:thumbsup::agree:

Hibernia&Alba
30-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Rangers are 19/5.

And they're at home!

easty
30-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Celtic are even money with bet 365 or 3/4 with William hill!! That's buying cash surely!!!!

Great price. Reading almost 2/1 at home to Fulham is another good price for the coupon.

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Cannot imagine for a second Celtic not winning tomorrow except for a few dodgy men in black decisions. Hero Ref Steven McLean's in charge so should be handled fairly enough.

Celtic to win.

Aberdeen to win

Hibernian to win

Would be very satisfied indeed if all three happen although if only us win will still be very satisfied.

Glory Glory

Canon Hannan
30-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Cannot imagine for a second Celtic not winning tomorrow except for a few dodgy men in black decisions. Hero Ref Steven McLean's in charge so should be handled fairly enough.

Celtic to win.

Aberdeen to win

Hibernian to win

Would be very satisfied indeed if all three happen although if only us win will still be very satisfied.

Glory Glory

That would be a nice end to the year I agree. Add in a Dumbarton win too 👍🙏

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 12:45 PM
That would be a nice end to the year I agree. Add in a Dumbarton win too ����

The icing on the cake!!!

:greengrin

Glory Glory

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 07:00 PM
You would think so, but strange things happen in derbies. If I put a stack on Celtc, you can be sure they'd blow it.

Please don't then, thanks :aok:

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Looks like Griffiths and Dembele are both going to miss the game tomorrow.

https://t.co/yvFcNyl54Q

AlbertK86
30-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Looks like Griffiths and Dembele are both going to miss the game tomorrow. https://t.co/yvFcNyl54Q

Clever 👏👏

greenlex
30-12-2016, 11:22 PM
I see there is to be a minutes silence in remembrance of the Ibrox disaster tomorrow. I see that turning out well.

Eyrie
30-12-2016, 11:27 PM
I see there is to be a minutes silence in remembrance of the Ibrox disaster tomorrow. I see that turning out well.

An excellent opportunity for the self proclaimed best fans in the world to show their true nature, or to surprise everyone by showing some respect.

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 11:29 PM

That has to be one of the looniest toons idea I've heard for some time. It reeks of the huns deliberately staging it tomorrow so Jabba and the smsm create a very negative headline when the huns get beat tomorrow!!!

A new low of deliberately creating very negative headlines by the hun boardroom. They could have done a minutes applause or held it at a less controversial match

Ridiculous.

Glory Glory

hibbysam
30-12-2016, 11:32 PM
That has to be one of the looniest toons idea I've heard for some time. It reeks of the huns deliberately staging it tomorrow so Jabba and the smsm create a very negative headline when the huns get beat tomorrow!!!

A new low of deliberately creating very negative headlines by the hun boardroom. They could have done a minutes applause or held it at a less controversial match

Ridiculous.

Glory Glory

What is there to applaud? 66 fans lost their lives and like it or not, it falls as the closest home match to the date. Why should they not honour it just because it's Celtic? I said it on the other thread, and I'll say it here, if Celtic fans can't remember the fallen decently, then it says more about them than Rangers.

Biggie
30-12-2016, 11:32 PM

Silence ?!......they usually do a minutes applause with them no?.......bit mischievous by the Rangers if a minutes silence is to be done knowing full well the Celtc fans will not handle that too well

Carheenlea
30-12-2016, 11:35 PM
Warburton will be paying his own personal tribute by flying his club tie at half mast.

http://i63.tinypic.com/9zox7d.jpg

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 11:37 PM
The silence hasn't even been held yet and folk are already talking about it like we have broken it. Sadly you get ***** in every support and I hope the Celtic fans that are at the game hold it, lets not forget the last minutes silence held at Ibrox was respected and canny mind who it was but some hack journo accused Celtic fans of orchestrated coughing anything to deflect from the result though. :angelic:

Honestly I hate this effing fixture and everything that comes with it.

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 11:39 PM
What is there to applaud? 66 fans lost their lives and like it or not, it falls as the closest home match to the date. Why should they not honour it just because it's Celtic? I said it on the other thread, and I'll say it here, if Celtic fans can't remember the fallen decently, then it says more about them than Rangers.

The applause would still be appropriate as per remembering the ones who lost their lives. An applause is appreciative and is done nowadays to drown out drunken hecklers.

Do you honestly think the huns would stay silent for any Celtic fallen being commemorated with a minutes silence? I would speculate no chance.

It's a farce to hold a minutes silence at a Celtic/The Rangers match and the huns know that!!!

Glory Glory

hibbysam
30-12-2016, 11:42 PM
The applause would still be appropriate as per remembering the ones who lost their lives. An applause is appreciative and is done nowadays to drown out drunken hecklers.

Do you honestly think the huns would stay silent for any Celtic fallen being commemorated with a minutes silence? I would speculate no chance.

It's a farce to hold a minutes silence at a Celtic/The Rangers match and the huns know that!!!

Glory Glory

Applauding is the cowards way of saying 'our fans won't behave'. It is just about appropriate when someone has had an outstanding innings and is taken, not when 66 innocent men/women/children lose their lives in tragic circumstances.

Whether they would or wouldn't bares no difference, my opinion would be the same either way.

No, a farce would be not being able to control yourself from disrespecting a moments silence in respect to fellow football supporters. A minutes silence 4 weeks after the anniversary would have no relevance at all.

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 11:49 PM
Applauding is the cowards way of saying 'our fans won't behave'. It is just about appropriate when someone has had an outstanding innings and is taken, not when 66 innocent men/women/children. Loses their lives in tragic circumstances.

Whether they would or wouldn't bares no difference, my opinion would be the same either way.

No, a farce would be not being able to control yourself from disrespecting a moments silence in respect to fellow football supporters. A minutes silence 4 weeks after the anniversary would have no relevance at all.

Unfortunately not every fan will behave at a minutes silence especially at a Celtic/The Rangers match and it's why a minutes applause to appreciate and show respect for the unfortunate fallen would be far more appropriate.

There are also many other ways the Huns could commemorate the fallen by holding events at Ibrox away from a Celtic match.

It is no doubt controversial to hold a silence when it's highly likely that silence will not be adhered to by all at the match and gives Jabba and his cohorts ammunition to smear the majority when it may be just a few who may not abide to the silence.

Glory Glory

Diclonius
31-12-2016, 12:00 AM
What are the odds on a spike in arrests in Glasgow disproportionate to the increase that normally happens on Hogmanay? City centre will be carnage, especially if someone loses.

Dunbar Hibee
31-12-2016, 01:54 AM

Then they will conveniently forgot about Jock Stein and his support for Rangers on that day.... Then sing about Jock Stein and 'he knew' all day. Both ****bags. **** them both.

Onceinawhile
31-12-2016, 02:06 AM
If I follow correctly, it's "rangers" fault celtic fans are unlikely to stay quiet?

hibbysam
31-12-2016, 02:14 AM
If I follow correctly, it's "rangers" fault celtic fans are unlikely to stay quiet?

Yes, you are following correctly lol

Edinburgher
31-12-2016, 03:47 AM
Got 2-0 and 2-1 Celtic but they invariably screw up my bet bit like Liverpool who I used to like as a child but when I got old enough to bet - now detest!

31-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Cannot see anything other than another win for celtic today. I think if you were to offer the huns a draw right now they'd bite your hand off.

Then again, it is a derby, the huns will have a full home crowd behind them baying for blood so you never know. Any sort of complacency from celtic might bite them on the arse.

snooky
31-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Cannot see anything other than another win for celtic today. I think if you were to offer the huns a draw right now they'd bite your hand off.

Then again, it is a derby, the huns will have a full home crowd behind them baying for blood so you never know. Any sort of complacency from celtic might bite them on the arse.
Who is the ref? These are the games when they have to choose sides. Normally it's easy as they just give all the decisions to the OF side.
The normal practice is to side with TRFC and then give Celtc loads of dodgies in the next several games so the don't feel unfairly treated. :wink:

Jones28
31-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Fans have to police themselves at this kind of event. Some fuds always want to spoil it and put whole clubs in a poor light.

Like another poster has said, breaking silence for this shows more about the Celtic fans that do so than the Rangers brains that organised it.

Betty Boop
31-12-2016, 11:15 AM
I'm sorry but why should Rangers not have a mins silence for something as tragic as the Ibrox disaster ? If that had happened at Easter Road we would expect the same surely ?

Lucius Apuleius
31-12-2016, 11:15 AM
The hun always have a minutes silence to remember the guys and gals who died on January 1st. Not too much to ask for it to be respected. We shall see. How many times has this fallen on Derby day? Quite a few I'd imagine.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Is there actually any suggestion that Celtic fans won't respect the minutes silence? I know they have form when it comes to rememberance day but in the feeding frenzy that follows it is often overlooked that it, genuinely in these cases, is very much a minority. It's also worth remembering that the disruption is justified as politcal, however half baked the thought process is.

In this instance any disruption will be for reasons of football rivalry and there will be no excuse. As has been said above there was a minutes silence at a Rangers v Celtic game not that long ago that was well observed. I also remember one a few years back at Ibrox which was observed until the last second when a Celtic fan shouted out and was roundly booed by his own supporters.

I've no idea if Rangers are at it here or otherwise but the best thing Celtic fans can do is behave and not give them any ammunition. There was a spell when there was a minutes silence almost every time we went to Tynecastle. Obscure players who made about 10 appearances in the 50s and guys who cut the grass in 1975 were 'honoured'. We behaved during every one and they stopped as quickly as they started.

hibbysam
31-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Is there actually any suggestion that Celtic fans won't respect the minutes silence? I know they have form when it comes to rememberance day but in the feeding frenzy that follows it is often overlooked that it, genuinely in these cases, is very much a minority. It's also worth remembering that the disruption is justified as politcal, however half baked the thought process is.

In this instance any disruption will be for reasons of football rivalry and there will be no excuse. As has been said above there was a minutes silence at a Rangers v Celtic game not that long ago that was well observed. I also remember one a few years back at Ibrox which was observed until the last second when a Celtic fan shouted out and was roundly booed by his own supporters.

I've no idea if Rangers are at it here or otherwise but the best thing Celtic fans can do is behave and not give them any ammunition. There was a spell when there was a minutes silence almost every time we went to Tynecastle. Obscure players who made about 10 appearances in the 50s and guys who cut the grass in 1975 were 'honoured'. We behaved during every one and they stopped as quickly as they started.

It looks to me as if the announcement came out, Celtic fans have then taken the high ground in saying they're at it, basically making excuses and blaming all else, and now rangers have jumped on the bandwagon saying they won't also. I for one hope it's respected, but anyone blaming rangers if it isn't is at the Ham!

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Surprised the silence was so well observed.

Dashing Bob S
31-12-2016, 12:20 PM
The hun always have a minutes silence to remember the guys and gals who died on January 1st. Not too much to ask for it to be respected. We shall see. How many times has this fallen on Derby day? Quite a few I'd imagine.

Can't really call it a cynical move from Johnny Hun given it is an annual thing and this is the closest game to the disaster date.

Diclonius
31-12-2016, 12:21 PM

I'd say well done but that's what you're supposed to do in a minutes silence.

hibee_girl
31-12-2016, 12:29 PM
1-0 Rangers

Kenny Miller

Pretty Boy
31-12-2016, 12:30 PM
1-0 Huns. Good goal tbf.

HibbyAndy
31-12-2016, 12:31 PM
How did Miller no get booked for booting the ball miles away ???:confused::confused:

31-12-2016, 12:31 PM
I'd say well done but that's what you're supposed to do in a minutes silence.

Exactly, lets not start lapping up how wonderful celtic fans were, staying silent for just 60 seconds to remember innocent football supporters tragically dying is just common human decency.

johnbc70
31-12-2016, 12:33 PM
How did Miller no get booked for booting the ball miles away ???:confused::confused:

Cause he plays for one of the Old Firm?

Pretty Boy
31-12-2016, 12:35 PM
How long is the advantage rule these days? Foul, ball goes wide, cross comes in, keeper saves and then it gets called back.

Getting the cross away is the end of the advatage surely?

High-On-Hibs
31-12-2016, 12:37 PM
They must have muted the minute silence on Sky Sports. Because you could hear the bampots loud and clear on Fox Sports.

Aldo
31-12-2016, 12:37 PM

And the same when Garner left the field of play in Perth and celebrated with the newco fans who had invaded the pitch :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
31-12-2016, 12:40 PM

Sky cut the sound halfway through it.

Moulin Yarns
31-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Celtc are playing like Hibs, 6 shots 0 on target

SouthMoroccoStu
31-12-2016, 12:46 PM

There was a very audible "Bobby Sands" shout early in the silence

Stay classy.

New team, same old poison

blackpoolhibs
Cant understand the confusion here, celtic are **** and the rangers are ****?

Bostonhibby
Funny to see paddy power update site referring to sevco as the rangers FC (glasgow)

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
31-12-2016, 12:51 PM
1-1

Phil MaGlass
31-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Watchin this game live, good hard game and ah love the drop balls.

Danderhall Hibs
31-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Watchin this game live, good hard game and ah love the drop balls.

Should be more of them - Brown wasn't having it when Miller wanted to launch it back up the park instead of a contest.

Moulin Yarns
31-12-2016, 01:04 PM
6 minutes added at the end of the first half!!!!

31-12-2016, 01:19 PM
After a poor start from celtic, they are getting into their stride now.

Saint Hibee
31-12-2016, 01:31 PM
What are the odds on a spike in arrests in Glasgow disproportionate to the increase that normally happens on Hogmanay? City centre will be carnage, especially if someone loses.

It's okay, they've drafted in Lee Wallace.

GreenLake
31-12-2016, 01:33 PM
The "Old Firm" derby is of such global importance that Fox Soccer Plus is broadcasting it a few hours later and showing a repeat of a College Soccer match between Creighton and Butler instead.

Danderhall Hibs
31-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Rangers persist with playing it out to the centre halfs like they're Puyol and Pique and all they do is put themselves under pressure.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2016, 01:43 PM
I'm only half watching but how bad is Tavernier? He's a really terrible defender, I think Stokes scarred him for life.

Danderhall Hibs
31-12-2016, 01:44 PM
I'm only half watching but how bad is Tavernier? He's a really terrible defender, I think Stokes scarred him for life.

Murder. Everyone knows it and if you can pin him back he's hopeless.

hibee_girl
31-12-2016, 01:48 PM
There's been some good saves in this game.

hibee_girl
31-12-2016, 01:49 PM
2-1 Celtic

Sinclair

Moulin Yarns
Sinclair pits Celtc ahead

cabbageandribs1875
always good seeing the vile huns get beat

Pretty Boy
31-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Waghorn is utter guff as well. To think he had the cheek to mouth off about Hibs being a nothing club.

He'll be desperate to get close to a club like us withink the next 2 or 3 years.

Mon Dieu4
31-12-2016, 01:54 PM

He's only good at going forward against part time players who have worked a full shift before a game, when it comes to a good standard he is found out big time, canny defend at all

IWasThere2016
31-12-2016, 02:03 PM
2-1 Celtic

Sinclair

Should be about 3-8 tbh... I cashed out on my 1-2 :greengrin

Pretty Boy
31-12-2016, 02:05 PM
Foderingham has saved Rangers from a bit of a doing in the 2nd half. 3 or 4 really good saves.

Danderhall Hibs
31-12-2016, 02:05 PM
Armstrong's looking like a decent player again after his seasons rest.

magpie1892
31-12-2016, 02:29 PM

About 15yds out of position for Sinclair's winner and a great shot of Keirnan tearing a strip off him in the background while Sinclair et al celebrate.

I love watching Tavernier; it's a complete 'how not to' of right-back play. The huns apparently want £350,000 for him.

Hibernia&Alba
31-12-2016, 02:29 PM
I wish I'd had the courage to stick a couple of hundred on Celtic at evens after all! :rolleyes:

CyberSauzee
31-12-2016, 03:42 PM
Why doesn't this surprise me...

https://twitter.com/MrSimonRowntree/status/815171883725389824

I am at Ibrox and #RFC fans are chanting "We hate Fenians and Muslims too, we're Glasgow Rangers and we bleed Protestant blue". Disgusting.

Liam89
31-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Why doesn't this surprise me...

https://twitter.com/MrSimonRowntree/status/815171883725389824

I am at Ibrox and #RFC fans are chanting "We hate Fenians and Muslims too, we're Glasgow Rangers and we bleed Protestant blue". Disgusting.

That's a fake account. :wink:

snooky
31-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Three arrests. Amazing.
Well done fans and polis :rolleyes:

31-12-2016, 06:13 PM

Awful. Had absolutely no answers to Stokes in the cup final. Backed off him for the 1st then Stokes read him like a book at the corner for the 2nd.

Waghorn as well, wtf is he all about haha?! Big oaf that couldnae run the length of himself. Murder

heretoday
31-12-2016, 06:16 PM
I saw the second half of this. Celtic were in charge really but towards the end Rangers could have scored twice. Miller missed a sitter!

Rangers goalie was very good.

HoboHarry
31-12-2016, 08:05 PM
If Celtic want to complete Sevco's humiliation, they should offer 600k for Barrie McKay. Sevco aren't in a position to refuse and that would have the Sevco fans grabbing the pitchforks and lit torches lol......

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Interesting spin from BBC Scotland "Celtic's first win at Ibrox in almost 6 years".

😆

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-01-2017, 04:08 PM
My Celtic mate tells me some of their fans left soap, candles, potpourri and towels in the bogs at Ibrox, thought it was quite amusing if true.

01-01-2017, 04:20 PM
If Celtic want to complete Sevco's humiliation, they should offer 600k for Barrie McKay. Sevco aren't in a position to refuse and that would have the Sevco fans grabbing the pitchforks and lit torches lol......

Something they would do. I mean, look at the Scott Allan affair. Celtic had absolutely no interest in signing Allan but after seeing how deseprate the huns were to get him and how much the rangers fans wanted him they came in and bought him. They didn't need nor particularly want Allan, it was IMO simply a GIRUY to the huns.

IanM
01-01-2017, 04:24 PM
My Celtic mate tells me some of their fans left soap, candles, potpourri and towels in the bogs at Ibrox, thought it was quite amusing if true.

They defo left candles! Seen some pics on twitter with the caption - you wrecked our toilets so we've tidied yours - 😂

Deansy
01-01-2017, 05:46 PM
6 minutes added at the end of the first half!!!!

Standard SPL rlues apply when the Huns are drawing - especially at 'Greyskull'.