PDA

View Full Version : Airbrushed out again

Leithwalk
30-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Just saw this article on The Conversation.
https://theconversation.com/how-scottish-football-fans-are-taking-charge-in-an-increasingly-polarised-global-market-69016

I've contacted the author pointing out that he's making the same mistake as many others, ignoring Hibs at the expense of Hearts.

I did not mention how much money Hertz owes his university.

green day
30-12-2016, 10:35 AM
https://theconversation.com/how-scottish-football-fans-are-taking-charge-in-an-increasingly-polarised-global-market-69016

I've contacted the author pointing out that he's making the same mistake as many others, ignoring Hibs at the expense of Hearts.

I did not mention how much money Hertz owes his university.

Good to see a fledgling university journo making the same mistakes as the paid ranks, eh?

I had a quick scan, its basically a cut and paste job from lots of other articles - guys obviously happy to get his name against a story so he can put it on future CVs - regardless of the keech content.

Jim44
30-12-2016, 11:13 AM

I did not mention how much money Hertz owes his university .

'his university' is a publicly funded university so in fact HOMFC stole thousands of pounds from the taxpayer by avoiding payment for the use of Riccarton.

Jones28
30-12-2016, 11:15 AM
The OP just smacks of "whatabootery" IMO.

Let them do their shouting in the boardroom about the fantastic job they've done - and lets face it the amount raised by their supporters is pretty impressive.

But also remember that had their fans not rallied to support the club and raise money there wouldn't have been a club to support. We did the same in the Mercer years and something similar happened, a concerned local stepped in with the support of fans to save the club.

The difference between us and them is that Budgy has given them a soft loan and wants her money back - STF bought the club and has built on it ever since.

They've got a long way to go. So let them make noise and pay no attention, I couldn't care less about a CV filler written by a student.

Andy74
30-12-2016, 11:27 AM
The OP just smacks of "whatabootery" IMO.

Let them do their shouting in the boardroom about the fantastic job they've done - and lets face it the amount raised by their supporters is pretty impressive.

But also remember that had their fans not rallied to support the club and raise money there wouldn't have been a club to support. We did the same in the Mercer years and something similar happened, a concerned local stepped in with the support of fans to save the club.

The difference between us and them is that Budgy has given them a soft loan and wants her money back - STF bought the club and has built on it ever since.

They've got a long way to go. So let them make noise and pay no attention, I couldn't care less about a CV filler written by a student.

Whilst a lot of that is true it is also true that when talking abut fan ownership we are way out ahead. We also have 2 fan reps on board.

It is odd that this is totally ignored in the media - even allowing for this being a student.

The mainstream stuff though I suppose is because we didn't go through supporters direct or whatever they are called, and they arrange for most of these articles for their own ends.