PDA

View Full Version : Boyd and Cathro

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Dislike Boyd, and I'm sure I'll grow to dislike Cathro, given that he's manager of Los Yambolinos, but I can't quite get there at present.

Does anybody else think Boyd's slagging Cathro's supposed 'lack of man management' (that one rebounded spectacularly) is a cynical ploy to posit himself as the Hun Sutton, when he inevitably moves into punditry?

Unlike Sutton, he won't speak the truth to power in the form of Rantic or SFA, and will content himself with constant digs at the other clubs, delighting the dumbo Hun hordes with his 'controversy'?

I'm never pleased to see the Jambos win, let alone convincingly, but I'm glad this twat ended up with egg on his chops.

BullsCloseHibs
30-12-2016, 01:39 AM
They are both smooth ***** ends. However, Boyd has and always will be the Master *****.

BullsCloseHibs
30-12-2016, 01:40 AM
The word is P s

hibbymick
30-12-2016, 02:18 AM
Boyd made a right fool of himself. On the flip side it was an extremely poor Kilmarnock side that hearts beat. Cathros not out the woods yet. I reckon a good few teams in the championship would be more than capable of beating Killie, who I think will get relegated this season.

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2016, 03:08 AM
Boyd made a right fool of himself. On the flip side it was an extremely poor Kilmarnock side that hearts beat. Cathros not out the woods yet. I reckon a good few teams in the championship would be more than capable of beating Killie, who I think will get relegated this season.

The SPL has been poor for a few seasons now. Hearts, then Rangers, basically walked into the top half of the table from the championship. I reckon Hibs and/or United would do the same.

pacorosssco
30-12-2016, 03:27 AM
The SPL has been poor for a few seasons now. Hearts, then Rangers, basically walked into the top half of the table from the championship. I reckon Hibs and/or United would do the same.

Not much between teams with same budgets. Hearts Dons Huns extra few quid is the small difference. Celtic on other planet. We would have easily handled SPL last two seasons. St Johnstone have done very well. Manager done great job last 3-4 years.

Cathro and Boyd has better ring to it:)

Jones28
30-12-2016, 05:07 AM
Kris Boyd is a tit, he is taking on a Jackson-like style of journalism to try and stir up some sort of following. I despise him and the paper he writes for and hopefully he has a go at us fairly soon because he is a complete gob***** and usually ends up on the wrong side of things.

Saint Hibee
30-12-2016, 09:31 AM
I have no idea whether or not Cathro will turn out to be a good manager. From what we've seen so far, there's a good chance he won't, but fair play to the Yams for going for a young, upcoming manager with fresh ideas rather than some old establishment prick like Houston.

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2016, 09:44 AM
I have no idea whether or not Cathro will turn out to be a good manager. From what we've seen so far, there's a good chance he won't, but fair play to the Yams for going for a young, upcoming manager with fresh ideas rather than some old establishment prick like Houston.

Agreed. If Cathro was at almost any other club I'd want him to succeed. But as things stand I want him to be a dismal failure, then descend to Hades to be bummed by spiky-cocked Demons wearing replica Hibs strips for eternity.

leither17
30-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Kris Boyd is a tit, he is taking on a Jackson-like style of journalism to try and stir up some sort of following. I despise him and the paper he writes for and hopefully he has a go at us fairly soon because he is a complete gob***** and usually ends up on the wrong side of things.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10696843/daniel-sturridges-time-up-at-liverpool-says-kris-boyd

This made me laugh

HibernianJK
30-12-2016, 09:48 AM

All my Hearts supporting mates said the football has been a lot better since Cathro came in. Away to Ibrox first game never easy. Led in other 2 and they've said he just need to learn when to shut up shop, and a pumping of Killie.

easty
30-12-2016, 10:02 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10696843/daniel-sturridges-time-up-at-liverpool-says-kris-boyd

This made me laugh

Boyd is actually right though.

Itsnoteasy
30-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Not much between teams with same budgets. Hearts Dons Huns extra few quid is the small difference. Celtic on other planet. We would have easily handled SPL last two seasons. St Johnstone have done very well. Manager done great job last 3-4 years.

Cathro and Boyd has better ring to it:)

We should have tried to get TW from SJ good manager.

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 12:07 PM
All my Hearts supporting mates said the football has been a lot better since Cathro came in. Away to Ibrox first game never easy. Led in other 2 and they've said he just need to learn when to shut up shop, and a pumping of Killie.

The huns were all over them. Partick should have beaten them quite easily in the second half. Dundee did beat them despite being a poor team this season. Killie are just rank rotten and will be extremely lucky to avoid the bottom two.

How is that an improvement?

Cathro has never managed a team before and will be judged in years to come.

Glory Glory

bruno
30-12-2016, 12:46 PM
We should have tried to get TW from SJ good manager.

he is undoubtedly a successful manager with the resources he has but his football is awful to watch

If there are complaints now about Lennon's tactics this will multiply tenfold if he was the manager

bruno
30-12-2016, 12:55 PM
The huns were all over them. Partick should have beaten them quite easily in the second half. Dundee did beat them despite being a poor team this season. Killie are just rank rotten and will be extremely lucky to avoid the bottom two.

Glory Glory

Having been to all 3 games I can tell you now(not that you will care quite rightly:aok: )that the football improvement is already showing signs of change and indeed improvement

you are correct in his first game we were awful and well and truly beaten by Rangers

Dundee, we started to see his style implemented with the new DM becoming a rotating centre half allowing full backs and Soutar all being given licence to push forward. We were excellent went comfortably 2 up then lost a stupid goal then individual errors cost us. Not happy losing of course but there are signs of changing already with 63% possession and 18 shots at goal away from home an indication of our play. Winning counts of course but developing a better team and philosophy are even more important for our future development

Killie was good against a poor team we made look even worse. Was so one sided but our passing is quicker with more purpose than before and less passing for passing sake

Cathro will take risks unlike Neilson and I fully expect us to have some ups and downs but really look forward to games now where it was becoming a chore (esp away from home) earlier this season.

He may or he may not succeed in the long run time will tell but I'm looking forward to the ride

as for Boyd, he's just an attention craving dick desperate to start a media career now his playing one is well and truly finished

shreevesy
30-12-2016, 01:08 PM
The thing that gets me about Boyd is that he is a Kilmarnock player yet spends him time slagging other clubs and managers and refers to Sevco as "we" constantly.
If that was a current Hibs player I'd be ****** raging with him I'd want him 100% committed to us and if he wasn't I wouldn't want him near my club.
Weapons grade ********.

HibernianJK
30-12-2016, 01:40 PM

Glory Glory

Can't say I watched any match but you seem to be pretty clued up on performances so I'll just take your word for it despite hearing from numerous Hearts fans there has been a marked improvement :aok:

Andy74
30-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Can't say I watched any match but you seem to be pretty clued up on performances so I'll just take your word for it despite hearing from numerous Hearts fans there has been a marked improvement :aok:

We had a marked improvement some weeks ago now against Queen of the South - sometimes the opposition allow you to have a good day.

I'd think like any manager performances will need to be good over a decent period to know how its going. He's taken a team that were doing quite well and have good resources compared to others so you'd expect performances to be good to be honest.

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Having been to all 3 games I can tell you now(not that you will care quite rightly:aok: )that the football improvement is already showing signs of change and indeed improvement

you are correct in his first game we were awful and well and truly beaten by Rangers

Dundee, we started to see his style implemented with the new DM becoming a rotating centre half allowing full backs and Soutar all being given licence to push forward. We were excellent went comfortably 2 up then lost a stupid goal then individual errors cost us. Not happy losing of course but there are signs of changing already with 63% possession and 18 shots at goal away from home an indication of our play. Winning counts of course but developing a better team and philosophy are even more important for our future development

Killie was good against a poor team we made look even worse. Was so one sided but our passing is quicker with more purpose than before and less passing for passing sake

Cathro will take risks unlike Neilson and I fully expect us to have some ups and downs but really look forward to games now where it was becoming a chore (esp away from home) earlier this season.

He may or he may not succeed in the long run time will tell but I'm looking forward to the ride

as for Boyd, he's just an attention craving dick desperate to start a media career now his playing one is well and truly finished

You are 100% correct I couldn't care less about 'Cathro'. I hope he fails miserably at the Yams!!! What I can't stand is the undeserved hype from the media regarding him. He will be judged after a couple of years in the post not after a few games. I understand you being a Yam defending him and talking him up but it irritates me when a hibby comes on telling us what his Yam pals are saying as they are well known to talk bollox.

It was a set up with Boyd to create some drama over a run of the mill league game against a very poor Killie side.

Hope Aberdeen pump you tonight.

Regards.

Glory Glory

ancient hibee
30-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Do you think so? Celtic,Rangers,Aberdeen,Hearts,St.Johnstone,not a lot of room for this Hibs team.

Jones28
30-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Why post on here what your numerous Yam pals are saying? Would you not be better off posting with them on keechback? You could all have a wonderful time saying how 'Yam performances have improved'!!!

Glory Glory

You got previous with each other or are you acting the fud for no reason?

Jones28
30-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Do you think so? Celtic,Rangers,Aberdeen,Hearts,St.Johnstone,not a lot of room for this Hibs team.
We beat all those above other than Celtic last season

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 04:54 PM
You got previous with each other or are you acting the fud for no reason?

Your'e right it was a bit harsh and I'm deleting that post. Wound me up a bit with the Cathro hype that's all bud.

:aok:

Pete
30-12-2016, 07:23 PM

You're not alone amongst your fellow hearts fans in claiming they've noticed a change and an "improvement". Saying that, most of them claimed that the revolution started after the second goal against Dundee only to retract it...and now the revolution has started again.

FWIW I'm with Boyd here. You can have all the best theories in the world but the real test of a manager comes when the chips are down and people need someone in the dressing room to lift them. Seasoned pro's and youngsters alike will be looking to someone who has probably played for his school team at best and has the personality and charisma of a filing cabinet.

A convincing win against a pathetic Kilmarnock team means nothing in my eyes but now the revolution is underway I'm sure Aberdeen will be dispatched, even if you go a goal down.

P.s. It's all very well blaming individual errors and daft goals for the defeat at Dundee but that's just a floral way of saying you bottled it. Still big question marks in that department and you haven't really had the chance prove any doubters wrong. If you do then I'll hold my hands up but I'm not sure this experiment will end in success.

bruno
31-12-2016, 07:40 AM
You're not alone amongst your fellow hearts fans in claiming they've noticed a change and an "improvement". Saying that, most of them claimed that the revolution started after the second goal against Dundee only to retract it...and now the revolution has started again.

FWIW I'm with Boyd here. You can have all the best theories in the world but the real test of a manager comes when the chips are down and people need someone in the dressing room to lift them. Seasoned pro's and youngsters alike will be looking to someone who has probably played for his school team at best and has the personality and charisma of a filing cabinet.

A convincing win against a pathetic Kilmarnock team means nothing in my eyes but now the revolution is underway I'm sure Aberdeen will be dispatched, even if you go a goal down.

P.s. It's all very well blaming individual errors and daft goals for the defeat at Dundee but that's just a floral way of saying you bottled it. Still big question marks in that department and you haven't really had the chance prove any doubters wrong. If you do then I'll hold my hands up but I'm not sure this experiment will end in success.

Time will tell
One things for sure
We were worse than posh last night
No excuses
Second best in every department
Was it cathro
Was it players ability
Was it players fight
Was it Boyds voodoo doll
If I had the answers I'd be in dugout instead crying into my cornflakes

Who knows but we fighting for fourth now

Time to sign off now tail between my legs

Happy new year to all Edinburgh team supporters

Of course I still hope u get beat today naturally but after that seasons goodwill messages to one and all

Viva_Palmeiras
31-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Time will tell
One things for sure
We were worse than posh last night
No excuses
Second best in every department
Was it cathro
Was it players ability
Was it players fight
Was it Boyds voodoo doll
If I had the answers I'd be in dugout instead crying into my cornflakes

Who knows but we fighting for fourth now

Time to sign off now tail between my legs

Happy new year to all Edinburgh team supporters

Of course I still hope u get beat today naturally but after that seasons goodwill messages to one and all

Fair play Brüno - hope the lederhosen isnt chaffing too badly;)
Hopefully a Derby to look forward to next season...