PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Chaplin out for season

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2016, 05:33 PM
Poor old Patterson out for minimum 9 months. Hope the Hertz were not relying on transfer fee to finish new hospitality suites.
Nae luck.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Poor old Patterson out for minimum 9 months. Hope the Hertz were not relying on transfer fee to finish new hospitality suites.
Nae luck.

I have to say that isn't remotely funny. It's a shame he's suffered a bad injury, he's a good Scottish talent with a good playing career ahead of him for clubs and country, even if he's playing for hearts just now its not funny to mock him because he's injured.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Nae roof on the stand then.,

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Earlydelivery
28-12-2016, 05:45 PM
Nae luck.
My son snapped his cruciate not the nicest injury .

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2016, 05:45 PM
I have to say that isn't remotely funny. It's a shame he's suffered a bad injury, he's a good Scottish talent with a good playing career ahead of him for clubs and country, even if he's playing for hearts just now its not funny to mock him because he's injured.

No the funny bit is them no going to get transfer money that they would be guaranteed. Comedy Gold

My_Wife_Camille
28-12-2016, 05:46 PM
He's injured, no deed. Tough luck

WWFTWTG
Or they will build it and no pay their bills - nothing new there.

CropleyWasGod
If Hearts are smart, they'll negotiate a new contract for him ASAP.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
28-12-2016, 05:48 PM

Don't think he is mocking the player, but mocking the club. Fair game.

scoopyboy
28-12-2016, 05:48 PM
I have sympathy for the player, as said elsewhere it's not something you would wish on a player.

It does however put Hearts in a difficult financial situation which pleases me immensely.

Nobody will buy him in January, that much is obvious. They were never getting a million but they might have got something decent.

His contract will run out either at the end of May or the end of June and he has already stated he will not sign a new one.

So he will be out of contract but a club might not take a chance on him until he has proven his fitness. Bit of a Catch 22 situation but it could mean he is unemployed for a few months until he is fit again.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Don't think he is mocking the player, but mocking the club.

Aye, some thread title about the club.

scoopyboy
28-12-2016, 05:49 PM

They might be smart but he isn't duty bound to sign it.

Oscar T Grouch
28-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Wonder how this will play out. Sensible idea would be for him to accept a new contract from them through his recovery and then they sell him on once recovered and back to form. The risk in not doing this is he is injured and unfit without a club and unable to get a decent gig elsewhere. Saying that it's a risk for the gorgie gimps too. Kinda funny as it was touted as a £1m move in January with only 6 month on his deal. Might delay the stands finish as out of their assets he's probably the best they have in monetary value. I don't rate walker and don't think he'll reach a high price.

hibbymick
28-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Oh dear what a real shame,,,get well soon Callum,,,the cards in the post. :rolleyes:

Carheenlea
28-12-2016, 05:55 PM

Must say, never heard of Paterson being christened that before, but he has been called other names on here, so not really making fun of his injury by calling him a name.

Paterson suffers a pretty serious injury - Not funny at all

Hearts potentially lose out on a circa £1M in a transfer fee that they have obviously given serious thought to for window - Very funny indeed

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2016, 06:09 PM

He will be more like Charlie now as he needs a stick.

givescotlandfreedom
28-12-2016, 06:13 PM
They should have sold him in the summer.

Pete
28-12-2016, 06:13 PM
I wonder if other players like Walker and Nicholson will be helped out the door quicker than planned.

#FromTheCapital
28-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Any misfortune suffered by hearts is a good thing imo. Couldn't care less if Paterson is injured, these things happen in football.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2016, 06:17 PM
I wonder if other players like Walker and Nicholson will be helped out the door quicker than planned.

I believe Jamie Walker's being touted as a replacement for Tom Daley at the next Olympic Games.

Jim44
28-12-2016, 06:39 PM

Of course you're quite right about finding humour or satisfaction in another club's misfortune with injured players. Empathy is a bit difficult however when you consider the sympathy and respect that their supporters showed us with our serious run of injuries. :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2016, 06:41 PM
They should have sold him in the summer.

Nobody's bid for him - that's why they've been touting him all over the shop the last couple of months.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2016, 06:42 PM

It's karma. Hopefully more to come.

Brooster
28-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Such a shame.

Ozyhibby
28-12-2016, 06:53 PM
Patterson, Walker and Nicholson are their best player by a distance. Hopefully they lose them all this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmcd
28-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Of course you're quite right about finding humour or satisfaction in another club's misfortune with injured players. Empathy is a bit difficult however when you consider the sympathy and respect that their supporters showed us with our serious run of injuries. :rolleyes:

Two wrongs don't make a right .

One Day
28-12-2016, 07:00 PM
It does however put Hearts in a difficult financial situation which pleases me immensely.

This

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Deary me, what a shame for young Rolf. Now where's them lemons i had that stopped me smiling last may? :yw::lolyam::brokenyam::cheerio:

greenginger
28-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Patterson, Walker and Nicholson are their best player by a distance. Hopefully they lose them all this season.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/sam-nicholson-s-hearts-future-in-doubt-as-he-rejects-new-contract-1-4324643

Nicholson already rejected a new contract.

Andy74
28-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Being pleased about an injury to an opposition player is perfectly acceptable.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2016, 07:06 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right .
Indeed.

Hopefully the yams will remember the many many wrongs as they moved swiftly from their pre administration excesses to the moral high ground they now spout from?

That'll be a no.

CraigHibee
28-12-2016, 07:07 PM
bang goes the million they were expecting for him :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2016, 07:07 PM
Nobody's bid for him - that's why they've been touting him all over the shop the last couple of months.

They are still due £450,000 for a development fee.

Radium
28-12-2016, 07:12 PM

Up until his 23rd birthday, is that October next year?

Col2
28-12-2016, 07:13 PM
A real shame for the yam but he is an unlikeable turd similar to ball stroking girlfriend sharing Nicolson.

Budge might need a new call to arms for the blind followers, time to get your wallets out, on top of the season tickets, merchandise, monthly DD donations and previous 'share issues' sponsored by Fat Robbo.

As already said they would have banked on c£600k, now they will at best get a negotiated development fee but might need to wait a while.

And the worst bit is this could dent the yams chances of a Scottish cup run given the oh so special relationship with that trophy.

bigwheel
28-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Feels petty and immature to celebrate a bad injury to a good young Scottish talent - wouldn't want Hearts to win a game of Ludo , but wouldn't wish any player a bad injury ....

supermcginn
28-12-2016, 07:19 PM

Paterson is a plum, lighten up!

macca70
28-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Horrendous for the player and wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Absolute Karma for the club though, literally his 2nd last game before a big windfall, now he's out for the season.

Hard to come back from that injury back to his best and be out the game for that long.

They would be due £450k as a development fee apparently, if someone was willing to take a risk on him in the summer.

I think they were massively reliant on that £1 million for there new bus shelter.

oneone73
28-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Feels petty and immature to celebrate a bad injury to a good young Scottish talent - wouldn't want Hearts to win a game of Ludo , but wouldn't wish any player a bad injury ....

Pretty much where I am.

Andy74
28-12-2016, 07:23 PM

I know, what next? Grown men making up daft songs about other men that run about on grass chasing and kicking a ball? No, the more grown up and serious we all get about our football watching the better.

Keith_M
28-12-2016, 07:27 PM
Ehm, why Charlie Chaplin?

bigwheel
28-12-2016, 07:28 PM
I know, what next? Grown men making up daft songs about other men that run about on grass chasing and kicking a ball? No, the more grown up and serious we all get about our football watching the better.

Yep - you are comparing reminiscing about old football songs and the game itself with celebrating a bad injury for a footballer - yeh, you've won that debate right enough ...

Itsnoteasy

That daft facial hair

macca70

I'm assuming that stupid moustache Paterson seems to think is cool makes him look like Charlie Chaplin

Bostonhibby
28-12-2016, 07:29 PM
I really don't have a problem separating the actual injury the guy has suffered from it's consequences for the poppy thieves who will have had more than a passing interest in his £ value.

Hope the guy eventually recovers. A plague upon the charity robbers.

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2016, 07:29 PM

And the stick he will now be needing to prop him up.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2016, 07:32 PM

Why £450k again? Who works that out?

And presumably that'll be from whoever wants to buy him? Which currently is no one?

lyonhibs
28-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Merked. Unlucky Hearts. I think Paterson is defensively gash into the bargain.

Shame for the player but absolutely no sympathy for the club.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2016, 07:36 PM
I'd bet if Ruddi Skatchel had done his cruciate on Saturday, there would be great merriment here, i have done mine twice and i cant think of anyone who i'd like more to have one than Skatchel, but Patterson will do as a 2nd best. :top marks

greenginger
28-12-2016, 07:37 PM

Or, tell him, sign here or we're no paying for your op.

Maybe that was just the Vlad way, not the nice new cuddly jambo's way. :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Why £450k again? Who works that out?

And presumably that'll be from whoever wants to buy him? Which currently is no one?

I heard it on radio other day. Yes whoever signs him on a pre contract. No fee due if he goes after his 23rd b day.

PatHead
28-12-2016, 07:43 PM
I really don't have a problem separating the actual injury the guy has suffered from it's consequences for the poppy thieves who will have had more than a passing interest in his £ value.

Hope the guy eventually recovers. A plague upon the charity robbers.

As long as it is after October when he can walk for nothing.

BTW do Hearts have to pay for treatment after his contract is finished?

Bostonhibby
28-12-2016, 07:44 PM
As long as it is after October when he can walk for nothing.

BTW do Hearts have to pay for treatment after his contract is finished?
[emoji106] Eventually is a long time[emoji6]

Sergey
28-12-2016, 07:44 PM
I heard it on radio other day. Yes whoever signs him on a pre contract. No fee due if he goes after his 23rd b day.

This tread is truly bringing a tear to my eye.

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2016, 07:47 PM
This tread is truly bringing a tear to my eye.

Is that your glass eye.

matty_f
28-12-2016, 07:47 PM
This has certainly restored my faith in Voodoo.

hibbymick
28-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Since when did Patterson become a good scottish talent. Standards have really dropped. Hes a bang average defender.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2016, 07:51 PM

I'd be interested to hear if this figure is real or a mythical number they've pulled out their arse to try and get something for him. He's clearly been sitting it out to go on a bosman and they're desperate for the cash.

Hopefully his injury lasts the full 10 months and he leaves for whichever league 1 side it is that want him and they don't get a bolt.

28-12-2016, 07:53 PM
You'd have to be made of stone not to shed a tear watching him with his head in his hands getting stretchered off.........

Pretty Boy
28-12-2016, 07:53 PM
He's actually a pretty decent guy and on a personal level I wish him well.

As for Hearts? They pretty much admitted at their AGM they are now in the same place Hibs were a few years back of having to sell players to do much else so my sympathy level isn't a lot. Welcome to the real world.

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2016, 07:54 PM

Your in the minority on this thread. Not once did I mock the player.

Eyrie
28-12-2016, 07:56 PM

:top marks

You'd have to be made of stone not to shed a tear watching him with his head in his hands getting stretchered off.........

I may need to change my user name to Granite.

Keith_M
28-12-2016, 07:58 PM
That daft facial hair

I'm assuming that stupid moustache Paterson seems to think is cool makes him look like Charlie Chaplin

:aok:

MSK
28-12-2016, 07:59 PM
You'd have to be made of stone not to shed a tear watching him with his head in his hands getting stretchered off.........Jeezo must have been some game, knee ****ed & decapitated !!

hibbymick
28-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Jeezo must have been some game, knee ****ed & decapitated !!

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2016, 08:04 PM

So is mugging old grannies to some people,it just depends on the type of person you are.

KeithTheHibby
28-12-2016, 08:05 PM
I think the injury occurred when he tackled someone so he's been pretty much responsible for his own injury.
He's a good player and destined for a career at a higher level however he's still got this rashness about him when on the park.

Andy74
28-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Yep - you are comparing reminiscing about old football songs and the game itself with celebrating a bad injury for a footballer - yeh, you've won that debate right enough ...

Old football songs? Any football songs really are a bit immature, many are petty. Take petty and immature away from football and it becomes a boring place.

I don't see too many folk saying we can't debate Lennon's position because we have to think that his feelings would be hurt and he might not be able to pay his mortgage if he is sacked.

Patterson will still get paid, he will be back playing again and he will
Go on to be a far wealthier man than most of us so I'm not sure why we have to get so concerned about it.

From a football sense, which as a football fan on a football forum is mainly what I'm bothered about, the news is quite welcome.

Andy74
28-12-2016, 08:08 PM
So is mugging old grannies to some people,it just depends on the type of person you are.

I'm sure you're a much better person than me.

I'm somewhere between thinking mugging grannies is probably wrong but being pleased about a rival footballer getting an injury is decent news.

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm sure you're a much better person than me.

I'm somewhere between thinking mugging grannies is probably wrong but being pleased about a rival footballer getting an injury is decent news.

I don't know if I am as I have never met you. However I probably wouldn't think it was decent news to hear you had suffered an injury.

28-12-2016, 08:12 PM
This is the saddest news for the hertz community since the death of their songbook on 21st May 2016. RIP.

hibbymick
28-12-2016, 08:14 PM
When he went off last night I was praying it was nothing trivial. Thats where I am.

givescotlandfreedom
28-12-2016, 08:15 PM

I thought Wigan were close season

Albanian Hibs
28-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Boo hoo

GreenLake
28-12-2016, 08:27 PM
As well as suffering an injury he has to worry about the support his club will give him with their history of dumping Cummings. I wouldn't be surprised if the yams are already hoping to force a new contract on him or leave him to fund his own treatment after the end of the season. Ruthless and heartless mob.

Iggy Pope
28-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Speaking as someone who has never suffered a cruciate injury, I have to say I hope in this case it nips like ****.

For ages.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Speaking as someone who has never suffered a cruciate injury, I have to say I hope in this case it nips like ****.

For ages.

Speaking as someone who's had two of the buggers, i can assure you it nips quite a bit. :greengrin

Andy74
28-12-2016, 08:35 PM
I don't know if I am as I have never met you. However I probably wouldn't think it was decent news to hear you had suffered an injury.

Okay and if you told me you didn't get a job you were going for last month I'd feel bad for you. If Donald Trump told me the same thing I'd have been pleased. Pretty much depends on the role and the context.

cmcd
28-12-2016, 08:45 PM

Agree with this

hibbymick
28-12-2016, 08:46 PM
When he went off last night I was praying it was nothing trivial. Thats where I am.

sleeping giant
28-12-2016, 08:49 PM

:faf:

Made me laugh:-)

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Okay and if you told me you didn't get a job you were going for last month I'd feel bad for you. If Donald Trump told me the same thing I'd have been pleased. Pretty much depends on the role and the context.

The context of a football supporter being happy on hearing of an injury to footballer (rival/opposition) is exactly my point. All about opinions but not one I will ever share.

hibsbollah
28-12-2016, 08:52 PM

Exactly. He will live and get paid. Anyway, he's lucky it was only the lateral, the anterior ligament Really smarts.

sleeping giant
28-12-2016, 08:53 PM
I don't get all this not wanting to revel in players injuries.

During my teenage years I used to pray that John Robertson broke his legs on a weekly basis.

PatHead
28-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Not happy a footballer is injured. Delighted it is costing Hearts a packet though. Be quite a few bricks missing from the new stand now.

hibby6270
28-12-2016, 08:54 PM
For Paterson himself - it's a playing disaster - and there's the possibility he might never recover no matter how good treatment for these type of injuries is these days. Wouldn't wish a serious injury on any player, no matter who they play for.:agree:

For Hertz as a club - it's a financial disaster - and as a Hibs fan, that aspect couldn't have happened to a better club. No tears being shed in this part of Leith as far as I'm concerned. If it means they will be weaker as a result, either from an infrastructure point of view (new stand) or from a squad point of view (he's their top scorer is he not) then that's great.:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2016, 08:57 PM
What kind of injury is ok to want someone who plays for herts to have, is it not better they have one that has them out for a long time rather than a couple of weeks?

And ifthis had been Ruddi Scatchel, would there be anyone saying how terrible this is?

cmcd
28-12-2016, 08:58 PM

Whatever happened to Hibs Class. It seems there is no such thing . I just don't understand how any supporter would be pleased to see a player of any club seriously injured

Lago
28-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Nae luck.

Your out of order, wouldn't wish that on anyone. :confused:

hibbymick
28-12-2016, 09:03 PM
Whatever happened to Hibs Class. It seems there is no such thing . I just don't understand how any supporter would be pleased to see a player of any club seriously injured

Dont place everyone in the same boat as me,,,theres loads of hibs class,,,im just a cold hearted ba****d who takes no pity in any hearts players injury. I remember the days when it was just the players that were told they were soft.

matty_f
28-12-2016, 09:04 PM
I don't get all this not wanting to revel in players injuries.

During my teenage years I used to pray that John Robertson broke his legs on a weekly basis.

I remember those ****s being delighted when Berry injured Paul Wright in a derby. Sure one of them broke Scott Brown's leg as well.

WhileTheChief..
28-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Pleasant change reading about our neighbours misfortune instead of threads slating our own players.

where'stheslope
28-12-2016, 09:05 PM
To many people are forgetting that all players nowadays are insured against such injuries, as 1 bad tackle can lead to a loss of playing career!

Also players union have funds for just this sort of thing.

Over the years our own players have suffered from bad injuries, and even in Derby games of Old, everyone from both sets of fans applauded a player being stretchered off!

How times have changed, not always for the good!

Banter is fine, to wish bad on someone is quite degrading of our support, ( HIBS CLASS)?

cmcd
28-12-2016, 09:07 PM
Dont place everyone in the same boat as me,,,theres loads of hibs class,,,im just a cold hearted ba****d who takes no pity in any hearts players injury. I remember the days when it was just the players that were told they were soft.

Only my opinion you and a few others need to grow up

3pm
28-12-2016, 09:08 PM
I am unsure whether to send him a 'get well soon' card or a mirror so he can use the time to sort his gear out.

Itsnoteasy
The context of a football supporter being happy on hearing of an injury to footballer (rival/opposition) is exactly my point. All about opinions but not one I will ever share.

Not relating this personally to you.
But Liverpool abusing Manchester United fans over Munich & visa versa Manchester United abusing Liverpool fans over Hillsborough & you are bothered what folk are saying about Charles Chaplin.

cmcd
To many people are forgetting that all players nowadays are insured against such injuries, as 1 bad tackle can lead to a loss of playing career!

Over the years our own players have suffered from bad injuries, and even in Derby games of Old, everyone from both sets of fans applauded a player being stretchered off!

Banter is fine, to wish bad on someone is quite degrading of our support, ( HIBS CLASS)?

This

CentreLine

Right with you there SH. I like to see players properly punished for persistent fouls in the park and find myself strongly disliking players who persistently cheat. Paterson Is one of those players. However, I do not care what club they play for or how badly they cheat I will never wish long term injury on any player.
When he plays to his strengths Paterson is a quality player and we cannot get enough of those in Scotland.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2016, 09:10 PM

Football players don't suddenly lose the ability to walk and talk once they retire or have a career ending injury. They can ALL get a normal job once their football career is over, there is absolutely nothing stopping them.

I'd love it if they had more injuries over there, the more misery they have the better in my opinion.

hibbymick
28-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Only my opinion you and a few others need to grow up

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2016, 09:22 PM
Not relating this personally to you.
But Liverpool abusing Manchester United fans over Munich & visa versa Manchester United abusing Liverpool fans over Hillsborough & you are bothered what folk are saying about Charles Chaplin.

Sorry, what is your point? I post about disagreeing with rejoicing in the injury of a player and your response is to quote erseholes who sing sick songs! I don't get it.

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Sorry, what is your point? I post about disagreeing with rejoicing in the injury of a player and your response is to quote erseholes who sing sick songs! I don't get it.

Is it not sick that people are mocking him for being injured.
Like most clubs this will happen when rival players get injured. Think your main teams fans did the same when Luke Shaw broke his leg.

Scottie
28-12-2016, 09:32 PM
Hope he makes a quick recovery as don't like to see any young player seriously injured regardless of who they play for.

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2016, 09:32 PM
Like most clubs this will happen when rival players get injured. Think your main teams fans did the same when Luke Shaw broke his leg.

Eh? You still haven't answered my question,I couldn't care less what other people sing and who they support,they certainly don't represent my feelings. I never called anyone on here sick either,I just don't agree with rejoicing in injury of a football player.

Thecat23
28-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Young player suffering a bad injury isn't funny imo. I wish him all the best and a full recovery. As someone who done the same injury I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

majorhibs
28-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Eh? You still haven't answered my question,I couldn't care less what other people sing and who they support,they certainly don't represent my feelings. I never called anyone on here sick either,I just don't agree with rejoicing in injury of a football player.

Football players don't suddenly lose the ability to walk and talk once they retire or have a career ending injury. They can ALL get a normal job once their football career is over, there is absolutely nothing stopping them.

I'd love it if they had more injuries over there, the more misery they have the better in my opinion.

Your some deflector, Scouse, & you ken it well! I'm with Blackpool here, players love to stick it to the fans, well observed, they also have plenty more than the fans, they work, they get injured (just like fans at their work do) they are well paid & insured, & if they play for that west of Edinburgh Poppy theivin disgrace, like they do to us, they will get it tight! Sorry, but hopefully league derbies next season, this is bad news for them financially. It's fitba & it is barry from my viewpoint to see potter & budge & their theivin project takin a big hit!

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Your some deflector, Scouse, & you ken it well! I'm with Blackpool here, players love to stick it to the fans, well observed, they also have plenty more than the fans, they work, they get injured (just like fans at their work do) they are well paid & insured, & if they play for that west of Edinburgh Poppy theivin disgrace, like they do to us, they will get it tight! Sorry, but hopefully league derbies next season, this is bad news for them financially. It's fitba & it is barry from my viewpoint to see potter & budge & their theivin project takin a big hit!

Deflector? I'm deflecting nothing if you want to rejoice in the injury of a player go ahead, just don't expect me to change my opinion and agree because of some notion that fans singing songs makes it right.

SunshineOnLeith
28-12-2016, 09:52 PM
If you look at his tweet about the scan results, the first reply wishing him well is from a Hibs player.

Just saying.

Thecat23
28-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Deflector? I'm deflecting nothing if you want to rejoice in the injury of a player go ahead, just don't expect me to change my opinion and agree because of some notion that fans singing songs makes it right.

I'm was you here, all for laughing at Hearts but not a young lad who's suffered sore one. Yes they might be insured but they would still rather be on the park doing exactly what we wish we could do and that's play the game.

It's not just a job, folk need to remember it's something they love doing as well. I wouldn't wish injury on anyone in the normal working environment even if they were insured it's just weird and bitter.

Thecat23
28-12-2016, 09:57 PM
If you look at his tweet about the scan results, the first reply wishing him well is from a Hibs player.

Just saying.

Thankfully players aren't like fans and appreciate how bad being out the game for a while can be.

bigwheel
28-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Thankfully players aren't like fans and appreciate how bad being out the game for a while can be.

:aok:

skipster7
28-12-2016, 10:16 PM
I well remember getting a straight red for a shocking 2 footed lunge on Malonga as Hibs were on the break a couple of years back, No sympathy. karma imo. Btw all this good Scottish talent ? really ? if you can win a few headers your a good talent:confused: average at best.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-12-2016, 10:17 PM

If Cletus is smart he'll run down his contract, pay his own physio bills (which is herts style) and sign on a free down in the English Championship with a higher salary.

Mikey09
28-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Anyone thinking Rolf was going for a million in January are mental. He's a decent full back but defensively poor. His positional awareness is brutal yet could be a very good wing back. I for one don't revel in the lads injury but find it mildly funny they were banking on this cash for their all singing All dancing super duper new stand. If Paterson could sort out the defensive side of his game he would become a very good player.

monktonharp
28-12-2016, 10:27 PM
He's actually a pretty decent guy and on a personal level I wish him well.

As for Hearts? They pretty much admitted at their AGM they are now in the same place Hibs were a few years back of having to sell players to do much else so my sympathy level isn't a lot. Welcome to the real world.I never look at him as a pretty decent guy, more a typical smug faced gorgie torag. maybe that's just me, and also I don't know him on a personal level. However, bad luck with the injury although I have seen much worse industrial injuries through work, over the years. Got to say that the possibility that this derails any income to the gorgie mob through a transfer fee, cheers me so much.

majorhibs
28-12-2016, 10:29 PM
I'm was you here, all for laughing at Hearts but not a young lad who's suffered sore one. Yes they might be insured but they would still rather be on the park doing exactly what we wish we could do and that's play the game.

It's not just a job, folk need to remember it's something they love doing as well. I wouldn't wish injury on anyone in the normal working environment even if they were insured it's just weird and bitter.

Listen, we all, every man & woman, dinnae seriously wish bad on OTHERS. But its a fact, its happened tae me more than I think deserved to ME in my career, injuries are happening. Cos thats what happens to humans. Young & Old. Equally as important. Your selectively nissin a good bit here tho! Fitba player. Very well paid & insured, a lot more than most physical workers who can equally be incapacitated with exact same injuries & renumerated a lot less! & I will tell ye what, maybe the generation I am from & how I grew up watchin Hibs & saw interaction between OUR fans/players etc & them to us, then sorry but until you re-educate me on how I should be supportin football, but this is good news for my team. & this players lark, I played long enough to have 2 totally goosed knees now, yeah compassionate etc but opposition get real. You dont want them doing well. Us dinosaurs, eh? Better place when our lack of mobility due to no limbs left finish us all of, then you can all just love & hug each other & cry happily cos the dinosaurs have died on out, & yous can get on with your better place. I am quite lookin forward tae the clouds.

hibbymick
28-12-2016, 10:29 PM
I well remember getting a straight red for a shocking 2 footed lunge on Malonga as Hibs were on the break a couple of years back, No sympathy. karma imo. Btw all this good Scottish talent ? really ? if you can win a few headers your a good talent:confused: average at best.

Who can forget the Souness tackle,,,,,,,,i wanted someone to break his legs that season,,in fact add Mcmoist into that as well.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-12-2016, 10:31 PM

:agree: That was atrocious.

Very bad form. Can't believe the abuse the poor guy took from sick Liverpool fans..

monktonharp
So is mugging old grannies to some people,it just depends on the type of person you are.Says a Liverpool fan, who's never saw big Phil halfing anyone in two

Lago
Young player suffering a bad injury isn't funny imo. I wish him all the best and a full recovery. As someone who done the same injury I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Me to, knee was never the same again & that was after months physo.

hibsbollah
28-12-2016, 10:33 PM
I'm confused. Are we calling him Rolf, Cletus or Chaplin now?

Andy74
28-12-2016, 10:34 PM

More like the players don't think about football the same way fans do. It's their job.

I'm sure being injured is a bit crap but lets not go overboard here. In the scheme of things it's nothing compared to how bad things can get for millions of other people.

When you want managers sacked what thought are you giving to them or their family?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-12-2016, 10:35 PM

Cletus.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2016, 10:38 PM
I'm definitely confused now, I thought he was Ron Mael the Sparks keyboard player

hibsbollah
28-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Cletus.

:aok: just so as I know.

monktonharp
28-12-2016, 10:40 PM

Banter is fine, to wish bad on someone is quite degrading of our support, ( HIBS CLASS)?not this

HoboHarry
28-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Gimp?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-12-2016, 10:41 PM
I'm definitely confused now, I thought he was Ron Mael the Sparks keyboard player

No no no! The distinction between Ron and Cletus is that Ron has charisma!

Bostonhibby
28-12-2016, 10:44 PM
No no no! The distinction between Ron and Cletus is that Ron has charisma!
Charisma? Who the **** is she? Now I am confused[emoji1]

Thecat23
28-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Listen, we all, every man & woman, dinnae seriously wish bad on OTHERS. But its a fact, its happened tae me more than I think deserved to ME in my career, injuries are happening. Cos thats what happens to humans. Young & Old. Equally as important. Your selectively nissin a good bit here tho! Fitba player. Very well paid & insured, a lot more than most physical workers who can equally be incapacitated with exact same injuries & renumerated a lot less! & I will tell ye what, maybe the generation I am from & how I grew up watchin Hibs & saw interaction between OUR fans/players etc & them to us, then sorry but until you re-educate me on how I should be supportin football, but this is good news for my team. & this players lark, I played long enough to have 2 totally goosed knees now, yeah compassionate etc but opposition get real. You dont want them doing well. Us dinosaurs, eh? Better place when our lack of mobility due to no limbs left finish us all of, then you can all just love & hug each other & cry happily cos the dinosaurs have died on out, & yous can get on with your better place. I am quite lookin forward tae the clouds.

That's the best rant I've read in a while. You might need to lie down after that one.

For what's it's worth just because they get paid better doesn't mean they then deserve to be put out the game. I myself have pins and screws in my knee and had to give up. Again wouldn't wish a knee injury on anyone, I'm 38 so if that's to young I bow to the "older wiser" generation.

A lot has changed since the 60's and 70's in football folk need to just chill out it's a ****ing game of football.

Thecat23
28-12-2016, 10:53 PM
More like the players don't think about football the same way fans do. It's their job.

I'm sure being injured is a bit crap but lets not go overboard here. In the scheme of things it's nothing compared to how bad things can get for millions of other people.

When you want managers sacked what thought are you giving to them or their family?

Managers can find jobs, if a player suffers an injury that's bad or effects long term performance then I know what I'd rather be.

I'm not saying Pattersons Injury will stop him progressing I just don't see the joy in it. But hey-ho each to their own.

Edit.. One last thing, do we have to refer back to Pat Fenlon on everything you disagree with me. He was awful Andy leave it in the past.

matty_f
28-12-2016, 10:53 PM
My mates thought it was hilarious when I put my back out at fives. That was a career ender as well. :greengrin

hibsbollah
28-12-2016, 10:55 PM
So to summarise,

Cletus Mael, aka Ron Hitler the yams full back and occasional gimpy keyboard player with the Chaplin tāche has done his cruciate. And there is a distinct lack of sympathy. And Matty has done his back in.

matty_f
28-12-2016, 10:56 PM
So to summarise,

Cletus Mael, aka Ron Hitler the yams full back and occasional gimpy keyboard player with the Chaplin tāche has done his cruciate. And there is a distinct lack of sympathy.

Sounds about right. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
28-12-2016, 10:57 PM
People are criticising folk for wishing a serious injury on a player.

As I see it, no one wished an injury on anyone.

The boy did that by himself.

Thecat23
28-12-2016, 10:59 PM
You, sonny, have a lot of growing up to do! Youve seen a bit, yes, but a TINY bit, & your head needs to swell down by at least 2 sizes. You know a bit football. But not a lot more, sonny.

Wait I need to grow up to wish a player a sore one?

I know as much as the next fan/supporter on here we're no better than anyone else! I grew up in a **** hole rough as hell, and I've seen many horrible things so maybe that's why I don't have the same opinion as yourself. Either way we are all wired different I just don't get the joy of it simple as that.

PatHead
28-12-2016, 10:59 PM
So to summarise,

Cletus Mael, aka Ron Hitler the yams full back and occasional gimpy keyboard player with the Chaplin tāche has done his cruciate. And there is a distinct lack of sympathy. And Matty has done his back in.

............and Hearts still cannot afford their stand.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2016, 11:02 PM
So to summarise,

I don't think you should leave Charisma out, she was only just starting to get a bit of recognition here.

hibsbollah
28-12-2016, 11:06 PM
I don't think you should leave Charisma out, she was only just starting to get a bit of recognition here.

I'm not gossiping but I think she's how Matty put his back out.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Bloody cheerleaders, more trouble than they're worth.

The Modfather
Some folk need to grow up a bit. The guy, while still being a complete weirdo, was only doing his job and now has a serious injury. Can't say I see the humour or celebration in that.

Wonder if those who are rejoicing in the news would be equally as happy had it been Griffiths and it was Celtic losing one of their nest players for 8 months.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
Managers can find jobs, if a player suffers an injury that's bad or effects long term performance then I know what I'd rather be.

I'm not saying Pattersons Injury will stop him progressing I just don't see the joy in it. But hey-ho each to their own.

Edit.. One last thing, do we have to refer back to Pat Fenlon on everything you disagree with me. He was awful Andy leave it in the past.

To be fair, I can see Andy's point here. You say managers can find another job but that's not quite true as their reputation can be seriously dented if they are hounded out of a job.

Is a physical injury more significant or debilitating than a psychological trauma or neurological disorder?

majorhibs
28-12-2016, 11:10 PM
That's the best rant I've read in a while. You might need to lie down after that one.

For what's it's worth just because they get paid better doesn't mean they then deserve to be put out the game. I myself have pins and screws in my knee and had to give up. Again wouldn't wish a knee injury on anyone, I'm 38 so if that's to young I bow to the "older wiser" generation.

A lot has changed since the 60's and 70's in football folk need to just chill out it's a ****ing game of football.

No, sorry, your so far up your own erchie needs repeating. My knees are goosed. For your info, so is my left shoulder. All done & NOT coming back by age 50. By football which pays plenty? That was just my enjoyable sideline, which destroyed both my knees. But you ken better, eh, ranting by auld codgers etc. You, sonny, could not have survived in my working environment. Fortunately you werenae there, cos we all needed to rely on each other. But you revel in yer ken better younger been players everybody else knows nowt environment. You & the players & trainers & coaches up at that altitude shouldnae be bothering wi the concerns of minions like me who are not connected important people like you! Sorry for troublin ye!

hibsbollah
28-12-2016, 11:13 PM
No, sorry, your so far up your own erchie needs repeating. My knees are goosed. For your info, so is my left shoulder. All done & NOT coming back by age 50. By football which pays plenty? That was just my enjoyable sideline, which destroyed both my knees. But you ken better, eh, ranting by auld codgers etc. You, sonny, could not have survived in my working environment. Fortunately you werenae there, cos we all needed to rely on each other. But you revel in yer ken better younger been players everybody else knows nowt environment. You & the players & trainers & coaches up at that altitude shouldnae be bothering wi the concerns of minions like me who are not connected important people like you! Sorry for troublin ye!

Do you have a view on Cletus?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-12-2016, 11:14 PM

I do. He's an unfortunate looking chap.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2016, 11:19 PM
He better stay away from charisma, I swear I'll do time.......

Thecat23
28-12-2016, 11:23 PM

What are you on about? Where have I said I know better? Your actually losing the plot here and I'm being serious!!

I've had serious injurys that put me out work I'm not moaning about it, it's life.

hibsbollah
28-12-2016, 11:27 PM
Charlie Chaplin was also commonly known as 'The Tramp' because of his on screen persona.

Just saying.

Andy74
28-12-2016, 11:28 PM

When did I mention Pat Fenlon??

hibsbollah
28-12-2016, 11:28 PM
What are you on about? Where have I said I know better? Your actually losing the plot here and I'm being serious!!

I've had serious injurys that put me out work I'm not moaning about it, it's life.

I wish yous two would stay on topic Ffs.

Thecat23
28-12-2016, 11:30 PM
When did I mention Pat Fenlon??

You know who you were referring too Andrew!! 😁

Thecat23
28-12-2016, 11:31 PM
I wish yous two would stay on topic Ffs.

I'm trying!!!

CyberSauzee
28-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Yams top league scorer this season as well I think as well as their biggest saleable asset. What's not too like about this for the charity stealers?

Andy74
29-12-2016, 12:08 AM
You know who you were referring too Andrew!! 😁

I wasn't referring to any manager, it was a general point that we comment on football in the terms of how it impacts our team or results or the same for our rivals. Talking about sacking managers or emptying certain players, board members, whatever, it's no different to commenting on injuries. They all have a personal impact but as football fans we don't really care about that generally.

matty_f
29-12-2016, 12:16 AM

She is a very hard centre back, to be fair. Takes no prisoners.

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2016, 02:16 AM
Hope there's a clause in his contract that says it gets extended by 9 months if he gets an injury like this.

BSEJVT
29-12-2016, 04:27 AM
I have sympathy for the player, as said elsewhere it's not something you would wish on a player.

Nobody will buy him in January, that much is obvious. They were never getting a million but they might have got something decent.

His contract will run out either at the end of May or the end of June and he has already stated he will not sign a new one.

So he will be out of contract but a club might not take a chance on him until he has proven his fitness. Bit of a Catch 22 situation but it could mean he is unemployed for a few months until he is fit again.

I would normally agree that I would have sympathy with most players in such circumstances, not this one though.

I remember the lunge at Malonga he was sent off for at ER and cant help but feel that what goes around comes around.

Unlucky Rolf

greenlex
29-12-2016, 05:05 AM
I think the Hearts fans to a man should wear Charlie Chaplin masks at the weekend as a gesture of solidarity. Perhaps the players could wear shirts with the word Cletus on the front? It's only right and proper.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2016, 05:15 AM
Anyone remember them cheering like they'd scored when Griffiths went off in the Wotherspoon derby? I'll keep my sympathy for those who deserve it.

lyonhibs
29-12-2016, 06:24 AM

10/10. A truly wonderful incoherent rant.

Scouse Hibee
29-12-2016, 07:33 AM
Says a Liverpool fan, who's never saw big Phil halfing anyone in two

What a totally daft and irrelevant comment. I have witnessed plenty of things at football matches yet it still doesn't change my view on players getting injured.

scoopyboy
29-12-2016, 07:43 AM

Just saying.

Who was the Hibs player.

Barney McGrew
29-12-2016, 07:54 AM
Who was the Hibs player.

Jordon Forster

Ilovehibs
29-12-2016, 08:45 AM
The Spiv is a despicable character and embodies the worst of hertz. Would not wish the injury on him but no tears for him here.

Hibernia&Alba
29-12-2016, 08:58 AM
It's a very serious injury; I hope he recovers well and comes back asap.

But f*** the Hertz :greengrin

Carheenlea
29-12-2016, 08:58 AM
Had no idea who or what Cletus was, and curiosity got the better of me so had to do a search.
Well done to who came up with that one - uncanny :hilarious

http://i66.tinypic.com/10wmkbn.jpg

One Day
29-12-2016, 09:01 AM
What kind of injury is ok to want someone who plays for herts to have, is it not better they have one that has them out for a long time rather than a couple of weeks?

And ifthis had been Ruddi Scatchel, would there be anyone saying how terrible this is?

I would have preferred it to be him, little knob

Ilovehibs
29-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Had no idea who or what Cletus was, and curiosity got the better of me so had to do a search.
Well done to who came up with that one - uncanny :hilarious

http://i66.tinypic.com/10wmkbn.jpg

That is uncanny...though a wee bit harsh on Cletus.

lucky
29-12-2016, 09:21 AM
If he's out for 9 months then he'll be out of contract so who pays for his treatment after this season? Also shows it's a gamble running down his contract

oldbutdim
29-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Some quite strong opinions on this topic, which surprised me a bit.
Perhaps it's an age thing, or maybe just a lack of empathy thing....... but am I in a tiny minority of Hibs fans who honestly don't care one iota about this **** and his injury and prognosis are entirely irrelevant to me?
Anyone else? Or are others so disinterested they can't be bothered posting or even reading the thread.

SkintHibby
29-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Perhaps it's an age thing, or maybe just a lack of empathy thing....... but am I in a tiny minority of Hibs fans who honestly don't care one iota about this **** and his injury and prognosis are entirely irrelevant to me?
Anyone else? Or are others so disinterested they can't be bothered posting or even reading the thread.

It's an age thing because I also dont care.

The amount of Hearts related garbage on Hibs.net is cringy. Fair enough if they were in the same league as us but they're not so who gives a flying one!

Chip shop Joe
29-12-2016, 09:36 AM
If he's out for 9 months then he'll be out of contract so who pays for his treatment after this season? Also shows it's a gamble running down his contract

This may actually work out well for Hearts. They get him to sign a new deal and pay for all his rehab then when he is back fit they sell him on. Win/win assuming that he comes back fully fit which given this type of injury is not a certainty.

Bostonhibby
29-12-2016, 09:49 AM
I think the Hearts fans to a man should wear Charlie Chaplin masks at the weekend as a gesture of solidarity. Perhaps the players could wear shirts with the word Cletus on the front? It's only right and proper.
Great idea, but don't put it on the away top. You wouldn't want to see it's authenticity affected or do anything to make it look ridiculous.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2016, 10:16 AM

I dont know if its an age thing, but it appears once you are a footballer its then affects your ability to do any other job if you happen to get injured.

Nobody has said they wished it on him, but a few certainly would wish it on Rudolph, but now it's happened i personally hope he never gets back to the average player he was, and he drops down the leagues to play for albion rovers.

It will deprive the gimps of a decent amount of money which is always a good thing.

As others have mentioned, his tackle on Malonga gave no thought to how he may have injured the magician, so **** him.

I have done the anterior cruciate on my right leg twice, i can tell you it bloody hurts, a lot worse than the leg break i also had.

He's a horrible gimp, and knowing this gives me a warm glow inside.

bigwheel
29-12-2016, 10:27 AM
I dont know if its an age thing, but it appears once you are a footballer its then affects your ability to do any other job if you happen to get injured.

Nobody has said they wished it on him, but a few certainly would wish it on Rudolph, but now it's happened i personally hope he never gets back to the average player he was, and he drops down the leagues to play for albion rovers.

It will deprive the gimps of a decent amount of money which is always a good thing.

As others have mentioned, his tackle on Malonga gave no thought to how he may have injured the magician, so **** him.

I have done the anterior cruciate on my right leg twice, i can tell you it bloody hurts, a lot worse than the leg break i also had.

Haters gonna hate, ballers gonna ball

Thecat23
29-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Haters gonna hate, ballers gonna ball

Seems the older we get the more desperately bitter we become. Thankfully I'm not there just yet 😁

Thecat23
29-12-2016, 10:40 AM

I can't see where anyone has said footballers can't go on to do other jobs. What I can see is some just saying it's a tough break for a player no matter who they play for.

Really don't get the hate towards players, it's just a game of football ffs, more to life than hating on players. We all get pissed now and again at certain players but you saying you hope he doesn't come back and falls down the leagues is pretty poor.

lyonhibs
29-12-2016, 10:44 AM
What a totally daft and irrelevant comment. I have witnessed plenty of things at football matches yet it still doesn't change my view on players getting injured.

By way of explanation, it was almost midnight when MH posted that so, you know..... 😂😂😂

oldbutdim
29-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Seems the older we get the more desperately bitter we become. Thankfully I'm not there just yet 😁

Hoi!

I resemble that remark you cheeky young whippersnapper.

Thecat23
29-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Hoi!

I resemble that remark you cheeky young whippersnapper.

😉👍🏼

I wish I was young, I'm starting to get aches and pains already!!

BSEJVT
29-12-2016, 11:13 AM
I can't see where anyone has said footballers can't go on to do other jobs. What I can see is some just saying it's a tough break for a player no matter who they play for.

Really don't get the hate towards players, it's just a game of football ffs, more to life than hating on players. We all get pissed now and again at certain players but you saying you hope he doesn't come back and falls down the leagues is pretty poor.

I don't hate him or any of the Hearts players past or present, with the exceptions of Skacel, Neil Berry and for some reason I cant explain Jimmy Sandison

However the "tackle" he put in on Malonga was absolutely shameful and he didn't give a toss what damage it done ( thankfully none)

Karma is a bitch and he has got his

Itsnoteasy
29-12-2016, 11:25 AM
I don't hate him or any of the Hearts players past or present, with the exceptions of Skacel, Neil Berry and for some reason I cant explain Jimmy Sandison

However the "tackle" he put in on Malonga was absolutely shameful and he didn't give a toss what damage it done ( thankfully none)

You've left out Gary Mckay class A twat

cmcd
29-12-2016, 11:26 AM

What a sad individual you are . I wonder how you would feel if it happened to one of you're family members

Itsnoteasy
29-12-2016, 11:29 AM
What a sad individual you are . I wonder how you would feel if it happened to one of you're family members

As BH has already said. He has suffered the same injury.

Thecat23
29-12-2016, 11:34 AM

So have I, what difference does that make?

bigwheel
29-12-2016, 11:38 AM

It makes it worse tbh...anyone who has played should want players to be able to play - not have bad injuries ..

Itsnoteasy
29-12-2016, 11:39 AM
So have I, what difference does that make?

They last post said, how would you feel if it happened to a member of your family. And I replied with what I said.

Thecat23
29-12-2016, 11:45 AM
They last post said, how would you feel if it happened to a member of your family. And I replied with what I said.

He asked how he would feel if it happened to a member of his family, not him!

It's a game of football, which we all wish we could have played at the top level. Like me saying I hope if you ever get injured at work you'll never be able to do that kind of job again like you could before, so you end up doing something that you won't enjoy. But it's ok because the job you did have paid well right?

hibbymick
29-12-2016, 11:58 AM

That must have been some game to play in,,did you say something wrong to someone,,,,,two anterior cruciate and a leg break in the same game,,phew.

HappyHanlon
29-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Awww boohoo for Paterson.

Shan footballer gets nobbled and deprives the poppy thieves of money :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maybe he'll use the time on the sidelines to get rid of his beastly facial hair.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2016, 12:26 PM

I'd be sad, but i'd get over it and so would they. If they played for the gimps i'd be over the moon with delight, do you know why, i'm a sad individual. :boo hoo:

Itsnoteasy
29-12-2016, 12:42 PM

It's a game of football, which we all wish we could have played at the top level. Like me saying I hope if you ever get injured at work you'll never be able to do that kind of job again like you could before, so you end up doing something that you won't enjoy. But it's ok because the job you did have paid well right?

I've been doing the same job for a long time & there could be a lot worse jobs to do. But doing the same job day in day out is crap . Bet a lot of footballers feel the same. We could start a new thread, Who enjoys there job.

Thecat23
29-12-2016, 12:46 PM
I've been doing the same job for a long time & there could be a lot worse jobs to do. But doing the same job day in day out is crap . Bet a lot of footballers feel the same. We could start a new thread, Who enjoys there job.

Porn stars?

Eyrie
29-12-2016, 01:03 PM

Porn stars?

Dirk Lehmann must be doubly happy then.

Thecat23
29-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Dirk Lehmann must be doubly happy then.

😂😂

FastEddieFelson
29-12-2016, 01:29 PM
just saw him up the gyle - on his own, with crutches and his left leg in a brace. just saying, like.

oldbutdim
29-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Porn stars?

I'm sure many find that a pain in the arse.

Itsnoteasy
29-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Porn stars?

Not sure if the cattle enjoy it.

Thecat23
29-12-2016, 01:49 PM
I'm sure many find that a pain in the arse.

😂👏🏼

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-12-2016, 01:49 PM
By way of explanation, it was almost midnight when MH posted that so, you know..... 😂😂😂

Theres quite a few posts on this thread that that explanation could be valid for.

hibs0666
29-12-2016, 01:51 PM
just saw him up the gyle - on his own, with crutches and his left leg in a brace. just saying, like.

He must have lost his banjo. He's not having the best of weeks.

Big_Franck
29-12-2016, 01:55 PM

Totally agree. F*** him and f*** Hearts, i'm delighted they'll probably now miss out on a decent transfer fee.

cmcd
29-12-2016, 01:57 PM
I'd be sad, but i'd get over it and so would they. If they played for the gimps i'd be over the moon with delight, do you know why, i'm a sad individual. :boo hoo:

I have read you're posts ☺

Bishop Hibee
29-12-2016, 02:06 PM
Disappointed from a Scotland perspective as he would probably be our first pick right back.

Absolutely brilliant in that it pretty much stuffs Hertz chances of a large fee for him.

emerald green
29-12-2016, 02:40 PM
I won't lose a wink of sleep over Rolf's injury to be honest. Not good for him personally, or for his club. Shame. :greengrin

Brooster
29-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Wow....there's folk on here who give a **** about Paterson or whatever his name is and his employers. Are we going soft?

Thecat23
29-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Wow....there's folk on here who give a **** about Paterson or whatever his name is and his employers. Are we going soft?

I don't care about Hearts, I just wouldn't like to see any footballer suffer a sore one that could see them out long term. If I'm in the minority so be it.

I'm sure as I get older I'll man up and become a **** though.

Craig_HFC
29-12-2016, 03:00 PM
I laughed when I heard/read about it.

Guessing that makes me a horrible person... oh well.

Iggy Pope
29-12-2016, 03:18 PM
I don't care about Hearts, I just wouldn't like to see any footballer suffer a sore one that could see them out long term. If I'm in the minority so be it.

I'm sure as I get older I'll man up and become a **** though.

Everything negative about those thieving welts should be fair game on here and celebrated. You hurt your knee a while back, and you've covered it plenty before, but you weren't playing for the sparryheids so Social Media never noticed. I sincerely hope all 11 of their starts on Friday night do what this absolute balloon did to himself on Tuesday. Then we can campaign for 'Hertzcruciating' to become an Oxford Dictionary entry very soon while their huge medical bill and inability to field a team puts them out the box.

FTH.

Jack Hackett
29-12-2016, 04:50 PM

Thank you for speaking my mind. The more of them the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

Itsnoteasy
29-12-2016, 06:59 PM
Disappointed from a Scotland perspective as he would probably be our first pick right back.

Absolutely brilliant in that it pretty much stuffs Hertz chances of a large fee for him.

That's how the Scotland team are *****

Itsnoteasy
29-12-2016, 07:05 PM

He might be happy. Whose to say he likes all his family.

lord bunberry
29-12-2016, 07:07 PM
I hope he signs a 5 year contract and never fulfills his potential at hearts, but milks them for a small fortune. I hope he then leaves for nothing and finds his form again resulting in his new club selling him for millions.

ancient hibee
29-12-2016, 07:27 PM
Just shows why everyone in football chases the money.You never know what'll happen next.

Thecat23
29-12-2016, 07:31 PM

Haha that's a fair point.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2016, 07:55 PM

If any of my family wore that rag, i'd kick them myself.

The Green Goblin
29-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Each to their own, I suppose. I can't stand Hearts, not one bit, and personally, one of their players getting an injury is of no interest to me either way. However, I think it's pretty unpleasant and not Hibs class (imho) to openly celebrate a very serious injury to someone. The circumstances don't matter, whether it is football or forklift truck driving or seeing someone trip and fall in the street or whatever. Why would you be happy that some young footballer (erse or not) just got his ligaments busted? I care nothing for any of the clowns that play for that disgusting club, but I won't cheer and take delight in seeing anyone badly hurt either, doesn't matter who they are. I'd kind of hoped we were better than that. As I said though, each to their own.

Itsnoteasy
29-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Thank you for speaking my mind. The more of them the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

In respect to Mr Chaplin this thread has to continue until he recovers. Hopefully it's the longest thread on .net history.

northstandhibby
29-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Each to their own, I suppose. I can't stand Hearts, not one bit, and personally, one of their players getting an injury is of no interest to me either way. However, I think it's pretty unpleasant and not Hibs class (imho) to openly celebrate a very serious injury to someone. The circumstances don't matter, whether it is football or forklift truck driving or seeing someone trip and fall in the street or whatever. Why would you be happy that some young footballer (erse or not) just got his ligaments busted? I care nothing for any of the clowns that play for that disgusting club, but I won't cheer and take delight in seeing anyone badly hurt either, doesn't matter who they are. I'd kind of hoped we were better than that. As I said though, each to their own.

Kinda sums up where I am on this. I hope the lad recovers in time albeit hope he goes on to have a good career playing elsewhere. Compassion costs nothing and he's a young man with a talent for football despite playing for the Yams.

Glory Glory

truehibernian
29-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Hearts are a little hamstrung with this injury though. That's Paterson out, Nicolson not back until February - and he's not signing a contract - so that's two assets perhaps leaving for a lot less than they anticipated. Cathro and Levein's January window will be interesting. There's speculation Watt's loan is being cut short too.

I wonder if they'll cash in with Soutar and Nicholson this window to get some much needed cash in (for player additions and stand).

Itsnoteasy
29-12-2016, 08:14 PM
Kinda sums up where I am on this. I hope the lad recovers in time albeit hope he goes on to have a good career playing elsewhere. Compassion costs nothing and he's a young man with a talent for football despite playing for the Yams.

Glory Glory

The major point in this debate is that they were counting the £££££££s before they got them, & hopefully they now get salmon trout.

Bostonhibby
29-12-2016, 08:28 PM
The major point in this debate is that they were counting the £££££££s before they got them, & hopefully they now get salmon trout.
Yams spending money they don't have, hasn't arrived and is just resting in their accounts? Surely not.

Thecat23
29-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Hearts are a little hamstrung with this injury though. That's Paterson out, Nicolson not back until February - and he's not signing a contract - so that's two assets perhaps leaving for a lot less than they anticipated. Cathro and Levein's January window will be interesting. There's speculation Watt's loan is being cut short too.

I wonder if they'll cash in with Soutar and Nicholson this window to get some much needed cash in (for player additions and stand).

A lot of talk of Watt's contract getting cut short! I'm not sure this window will see any major movement tbh. They need all the cash they can get. A move for Soutar would be interesting!

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2016, 11:58 PM

Very unfortunate to see the club lose two of their major assets for next to zero, particularly at a time when they'll be cash-strapped with the building of the new stand. But that's all part and parcel of this rich, seething cauldron of intrigue we refer to as 'the game', and we must all roll with the punches, I'm afraid.

Hi Heid Yin
30-12-2016, 12:06 AM

:top marksHear hear!

majorhibs
30-12-2016, 12:08 AM
Yams spending money they don't have, hasn't arrived and is just resting in their accounts? Surely not.

Very unfortunate to see the club lose two of their major assets for next to zero, particularly at a time when they'll be cash-strapped with the building of the new stand. But that's all part and parcel of this rich, seething cauldron of intrigue we refer to as 'the game', and we must all roll with the punches, I'm afraid.

Correct, & when fatty finally becomes too inebriated to intervene successfully, then they will be left with that solo, 1 time, only 1 in Scotland Labour gadgie.

BullsCloseHibs
30-12-2016, 01:43 AM
I'm glad it's not just me who THOUGHT the guy had a £2 Turkish barber

class A KNOB

Itsnoteasy
30-12-2016, 09:38 PM
How's the grapes tasting Charlie.

Itsnoteasy
01-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Happy New Year hope 2017 sees your free transfer after your 23rd b day