PDA

View Full Version : NHC Bob Bradley

Lago
27-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Sacked, only been there since Oct. Always a gamble.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Heard they were going to say to him you are being sacked, but instead had to say they were terminating his employment.

Is It On....
27-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Heard they were going to say to him you are being sacked, but instead had to say they were terminating his employment.

Twenty nine goals conceded in 11 league games takes some doing. They should never have got rid of Garry Monk.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Giggs at evens to take over? Bargepole and no touching.

Swedish hibee
27-12-2016, 08:43 PM
I feel sorry for Bob Cat Bob. He had someone else's squad & no transfer window- What else was he meant to do?

bingo70
27-12-2016, 08:45 PM
I feel sorry for Bob Cat Bob. He had someone else's squad & no transfer window- What else was he meant to do?

Get the most out of the current squad? Make them hard to beat until he could get his own players in?

High-On-Hibs
27-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Get the most out of the current squad? Make them hard to beat until he could get his own players in?

He probably did get the most out of them tbf. They're just rank rotten.

Is It On....
27-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Giggs at evens to take over? Bargepole and no touching.

Favourite for a Premier League managers job on the basis of no managerial experience so far? Oh dear....

Colr
27-12-2016, 08:56 PM

85 days? How long did he need.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Favourite for a Premier League managers job on the basis of no managerial experience so far? Oh dear....

He was caretaker manager for a while at ManU.

Billy Whizz
27-12-2016, 09:09 PM

Think I could do that job too😄

jacomo
28-12-2016, 12:04 PM

:agree:

He's got more experience than Bob Bradley had.

I think the whole Swansea 'project' in danger of going off the rails here. Locally owned and with a clear identity, there was lots to admire about them. Now the owners have cashed in and they seem to have lost their way.

bigwheel
28-12-2016, 12:08 PM

I think the whole Swansea 'project' in danger of going off the rails here. Locally owned and with a clear identity, there was lots to admire about them. Now the owners have cashed in and they seem to have lost their way.

You're having a laugh...Bradley has been a manager for over 30 years - including two worlds cups...there is no comparison between his managerial experience and Giggs.

Lago
28-12-2016, 12:14 PM
:aok:
You're having a laugh...Bradley has been a manager for over 30 years - including two worlds cups...there is no comparison between his managerial experience and Giggs.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2016, 12:21 PM
Seen Alan Pardew quoted as well. Like dominoes falling over. One goes and it sets off a chain.

nellio
28-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Seen Alan Pardew quoted as well. Like dominoes falling over. One goes and it sets off a chain.

Being a Cardiff boy it brings me great pleasure seeing them struggle this season with foreign owners. Something they've been getting at us about since Tan took over.

Hope they get relegated, would love the south Wales derby back.

HoboHarry
28-12-2016, 01:30 PM

You don't know a thing about Bob Bradley do you?

lucky
28-12-2016, 01:44 PM
There was a lot discrimination against Bradley from the English media. They couldn't stand having an American coach. Even soccer AM ripped him. The constant changing of coaches does not work. Clubs generally need stability unless they've got hundreds of millions to spend.

Alex Trager
28-12-2016, 02:02 PM
There was a lot discrimination against Bradley from the English media. They couldn't stand having an American coach. Even soccer AM ripped him. The constant changing of coaches does not work. Clubs generally need stability unless they've got hundreds of millions to spend.

Even then these basket case clubs struggle at times. See Man U, all the 'big' clubs last season

Fergos
28-12-2016, 02:20 PM

I think the soccer am "skit" said it all about how he was received in England. They'll call it harmless banter but behind every joke......

GGTTH

JimBHibees
28-12-2016, 02:30 PM
No way did he get a proper chance.

Is It On....
29-12-2016, 03:06 PM

Always thought that Southampton and Swansea were the role model for "smaller teams (those with <400,000 supporters). Seems Swansea were lucky rather than doing it correctly like Southampton.

GreenLake
29-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Cathro might be able to do the job via Skype from Tynecastle.

Haymaker
29-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Always thought that Southampton and Swansea were the role model for "smaller teams (those with <400,000 supporters). Seems Swansea were lucky rather than doing it correctly like Southampton.

Swansea lost their goalscorers and didn't replace them and this summer lost their captain and organiser at the back. The team simply isn't good enough. They'll be down.

Scouse Hibee
29-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Bradley is without a doubt an experienced coach, but I bet the likes of Allardyce could have got them through to the transfer window in a much better state.

jacomo
29-12-2016, 09:13 PM
You don't know a thing about Bob Bradley do you?

I was referring to experience in the EPL obvs.

Or maybe not so obvs :greengrin

jacomo
29-12-2016, 09:18 PM

No, I think Swansea had it right, but have lost sight of what made them successful.

Southampton have overseas owners who were distrusted by the supporters, but they do maintain a very clear philosophy. Nothing lasts forever, I suppose. Will be interesting to see if they have a succession plan for Les Reed.

brianmc
29-12-2016, 09:20 PM
I think the soccer am "skit" said it all about how he was received in England. They'll call it harmless banter but behind every joke......

GGTTH

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw.
Vewy,vewy pwoud..
Just call me MacVoghts haha
Shhhteve Mclaren
Etc etc
Taking the piss out of folk has happened long before bobcat bob pitched up. Bizarrely it seems some nationalities/accents are ok to mock but others can't be touched?

*Didn't see sky skit but I have listened to some of the mocking and it's backlash on Talksport