PDA

View Full Version : January 2017 Transfer Window

Pages : [1] 2

theonlywayisup
27-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Post all the latest rumours / signings here.

C'mon Hibs, let's get some in quickly.

Confirmed:
Chris Humphrey - winger http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317369-Official-Site-CHRIS-HUMPHREY-JOINS-HIBERNIAN

Current:
Tommy Robson - left back http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317323-New-left-back-coming-in (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317323-New-left-back-coming-in/page2)
Hair Zeqiri - central midfielder http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317474-new-player

History, not going to happen:
Aaron Kovar - winger http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?316946-Aaron-Kovar

Out confirmed:
Neal Eardley - defender http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317716-Official-Site-NEAL-EARDLEY-LEAVES-HIBERNIAN

neil7908
27-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Really important month coming up. We need 3 players with 2 of them being wide players that can run at defenders and stretch the play.

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm predicting a Henderson to de liver transplant if I don't cool it on the gin over New Year.

Would love- Swanson and Hendo, plus a pacy wideo.

big gogs
27-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Post all the latest rumours / signings here.

C'mon Hibs, let's get some in quickly.
Stokes is one name doing the rounds,more than likely nonsense,but who willbe leaving ,we can't be adding to the wage bill,bringing in so called better players will cost more money ,the books will have to be balanced.

neil7908
27-12-2016, 12:17 PM
I'm predicting a Henderson to de liver transplant if I don't cool it on the gin over New Year.

Would love- Swanson and Hendo, plus a pacy wideo.

Nothing better than a pacey wideo!

Ryan69
27-12-2016, 12:23 PM
Stokes is one name doing the rounds,more than likely nonsense,but who willbe leaving ,we can't be adding to the wage bill,bringing in so called better players will cost more money ,the books will have to be balanced.

I think we'll have to get rid of a few also.

Id think Lennons summer recruitment took a fair bit of wages.

He he needs to sort it out this window....as Summer's window has been shocking so far.

eastmainsmsh
27-12-2016, 01:21 PM
see the player in the stv video 52 on training top could that maybe be nigel reo coker lol

GreenCastle
27-12-2016, 01:28 PM
Stokes / Henderson ? Legends but is it what this team needs ?

Henderson obviously would add quality to team and morale etc but where would he play?

Wingers surely are the priority but who is available and this would mean changing our formation.

gegs70
27-12-2016, 01:34 PM
Does he still have the American player on trial?

hibbydog
27-12-2016, 01:55 PM

Is that you Rod?

To hell with balancing the books. A FOURTH season in the championship would be a disaster. We need to pull a rabbit out of the hat in January. A game changer. Someone who would start every week and improve the team. Last time in the first division we struggled until we signed mixu and latapy. We still need two signings like that as we've went backwards under Lennon.

I've no idea who we sign though. That's the managers decision. But I fear if we don't sign someone like that, we'll be in the same league with home crowds of 8,000 next season.

I have no problem if that means moving on graham, shinnie plus one or two others.

Over to you Petrie/ Dempster/ Lennon.

HoboHarry
27-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Is that you Rod?

To hell with balancing the books. A FOURTH season in the championship would be a disaster. We need to pull a rabbit out of the hat in January. A game changer. Someone who would start every week and improve the team. Last time in the first division we struggled until we signed mixu and latapy. We still need two signings like that as we've went backwards under Lennon.

I've no idea who we sign though. That's the managers decision. But I fear if we don't sign someone like that, we'll be in the same league with home crowds of 8,000 next season.

I have no problem if that means moving on graham, shinnie plus one or two others.

Given that we are in our third season in this league and getting crowds of more that 15,000 I would love to hear your evidence as to how more than 7,000 fans would simply vanish away. If we are sitting near to or better yet top, the fans will come out in numbers. That was proved in the Latapy/Sauzee years and it's the same now. Your figures are imaginary.

Ozyhibby
27-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Given that we are in our third season in this league and getting crowds of more that 15,000 I would love to hear your evidence as to how more than 7,000 fans would simply vanish away. If we are sitting near to or better yet top, the fans will come out in numbers. That was proved in the Latapy/Sauzee years and it's the same now. Your figures are imaginary.

If we hadn't won the cup that's where we would be right now. I didn't imagine sitting in crowds of less than 8000 last season. It actually happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
27-12-2016, 02:31 PM
We can balance the books in the summer when we sell McGinn or Cummings. If we don't go up, balancing next years books will be very painful.

Ringothedog
27-12-2016, 02:50 PM
If we hadn't won the cup that's where we would be right now. I didn't imagine sitting in crowds of less than 8000 last season. It actually happened.

But we did win the cup so we will never know what our crowds would be just now. If we had done the treble last season my guess is that we would have had to move temporarily to murrayfield to accommodate our crowds of over 40k.

superfurryhibby
27-12-2016, 03:20 PM
One of the most important transfer windows ever for the club. Logic and the league position dictates that the club will need to push the boat out a bit to try and get the guys in who will give us the edge in the next few months.

We need decent quality players who are ready to play from the off. The club and the fans needs a lift and we desperately need options, out wide in particular. It would also be good to offload if possible and I'd be pleased to see a good few out the door if possible.

I have no idea who we will bring in, other than I want to see Henderson. He would be a huge boost.

Unseen work
27-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Peter pawlett should be getting looked at and any other winger with pace and a bit of quality.

We could attract half the players in the league above to join us imo.

hibs0666
27-12-2016, 04:48 PM

No they wouldn't.

cmcd
27-12-2016, 06:31 PM
We can balance the books in the summer when we sell McGinn or Cummings. If we don't go up, balancing next years books will be very painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk No way will selling Cummings balance the books. Who is going to pay that amount off money for a striker with no first touch and no right foot .

HoboHarry
27-12-2016, 06:32 PM

Pure conjecture on your part, you have nothing to back that up.

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2016, 06:34 PM
No way will selling Cummings balance the books. Who is going to pay that amount off money for a striker with no first touch and no right foot .
What amount?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

cmcd
27-12-2016, 06:41 PM
What amount?

I have no idea what amount .Put it this way how much do you think we would get for him next week .Certainly not as much as a couple of months ago

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2016, 06:45 PM
I have no idea what amount .Put it this way how much do you think we would get for him next week .Certainly not as much as a couple of months ago
That's not what I asked .[emoji1]

You said that we wouldn't get "that amount" for Cummings....presumably the amount you think we need to "balance the books.". How much do you think that is?

cmcd
27-12-2016, 07:09 PM
That's not what I asked .[emoji1]

You said that we wouldn't get "that amount" for Cummings....presumably the amount you think we need to "balance the books.". How much do you think that is?

I was referring to Ozyhibbys comment that we could balance the books by selling Cummings

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2016, 07:16 PM
I was referring to Ozyhibbys comment that we could balance the books by selling Cummings
...which suggests that you know how much we need to do that.

At this stage of the season, I'd reckon that's impossible to know.

cmcd
27-12-2016, 07:50 PM
...which suggests that you know how much we need to do that.

At this stage of the season, I'd reckon that's impossible to know.

I have no intension getting into an argument about this . OZYHIBBY says we could clear our debt by selling Cummings I disagree End off for me

Ozyhibby
27-12-2016, 07:53 PM
I have no intension getting into an argument about this . OZYHIBBY says we could clear our debt by selling Cummings I disagree End off for me

I never said clear our debt. Just any deficit we may have to incur to get the players we need to get us promoted.

HoboHarry
27-12-2016, 08:00 PM
I never said clear our debt. Just any deficit we may have to incur to get the players we need to get us promoted.

When the budget was created by LD/RP what crowd number did they use?

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2016, 08:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that the budget would have been based on lower crowd numbers.

A significant amount would also have been set aside for an SFA fine. That's now available.

hibsbollah
27-12-2016, 08:04 PM
This thread has diverged somewhat from the OP...

Malonga in.

cmcd
27-12-2016, 08:08 PM

Balance the books Oz .No big deal just my opinion

Ozyhibby
27-12-2016, 08:09 PM

No idea and I'm sure they will have revised their projections anyway. I have no idea if we will have a deficit or not but the point I was making was that if we need to overspend to get in the players we need then I don't think anyone would complain if it meant selling McGinn or Cummings in the summer to cover it. The important thing is to make sure we are promoted as that is costing more than £1m a season as it is.

Tyler Durden
27-12-2016, 08:17 PM

You already got into an argument. And you lost

Is It On....
27-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Is that you Rod?

A FOURTH season in this division would, in my opinion, be largely the fault of Lennon....when JC scored at Greyskull this time last year and we went "top" the only real difference in the squad is no Liam Henderson. Let's hope he is able to get more out of the current squad starting from now and finally get us out of this league come the end of the season.

cmcd
27-12-2016, 08:24 PM
You already got into an argument. And you lost

Please explain how there is a winner and loser It's about opinions nothing more Nothing less

hibbydog
27-12-2016, 08:39 PM

Don't have any evidence, it's just what I think will happen. So in that sense you're right, my figures are imaginary.

I reckon that no promotion at the third attempt will see attendances fall badly and with it, the playing budget.

So what I am saying (perhaps naively) is this: push the boat out.break the bank for that gem of a player who's going to make all the difference.

theonlywayisup
27-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Rumours please, anyone?

northstandhibby
27-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Would like to see Ally Crawford and Danny Swanson arrive at ER.

Just two talented players I think could add much needed flair and goals/assists.

I also think Shinnie is a quality player who should be signed up if possible.

GreenCastle
27-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Would love to see King Dom return!

Make it happen Hibs !

eastmainsmsh
27-12-2016, 10:49 PM
I don't think Cummings and a few others are fond of Lennon

HappyAsHellas
27-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Don't really see where Henderson would fit in with a fully fit squad, and as others have mentioned we really need to strengthen in other departments, namely wide players, wing backs and possibly another striker. Pawletts been mentioned a few times and someone like him could be a godsend. We desperately need someone who can go past a player and cross a ball. It may sound harsh but Gray and Stevenson are not good enough for the system we are trying to play. Lennon seems to like the system so presumably he might bring in players who can carry out their roles in that particular system.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2016, 09:46 AM

Opinions are fine but without substance they're just our own. Unless you know something we don't.

We're the majority of Fergies Aberdeen side fond of him or Turnbulls Tornadoes? Probably not, so does a lack of fondness of a manager tell us anything?

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2016, 09:52 AM

Not sure that is a negative. The accusation that a player is a managers' favourite is worse.

Lago
28-12-2016, 10:54 AM

At this moment in time I am not too fond of Cummings and quite a few others in the Hibs team, start doing what their paid to do and I'll change my opinion.

CorrieHibs
28-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Would like to see Ally Crawford and Danny Swanson arrive at ER.

Just two talented players I think could add much needed flair and goals/assists.

I also think Shinnie is a quality player who should be signed up if possible.

No chance getting Crawford.

Greenworld
28-12-2016, 11:05 AM
I would like to see players no one has mentioned arrive.
Seems to be the same players every transfer window regutrated.
Let's think big and get the **** out of here

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Pedantic_Hibee
28-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Heard yesterday Stokes was seen at ER. Source not someone I would normally run to for info but just chucking it out there.

gegs70
28-12-2016, 11:16 AM
I see Leon Osman has been linked with Rangers he's a name that's constantly mentioned with ourselves?

Any news on any of the trialists that were training with hibs?

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Someone like Gary Mackay-Stevens is what I feel we need. A player that takes the ball of his full back and runs at the opposition with pace.

The squad we have is good enough to compete in the top flight, we just need to get there. If players are occupying the wide positions then the likes of Holt and Cummings will be able to stay where they're supposed to be, IN THE BOX!! We would then have Commons lingering about for any scraps that drop to the edge of the box

nellio
28-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Absolutely praying that we buy a couple of wingers and change the system a bit.

Glory Lurker
28-12-2016, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't like to see us sign any of Lennon's former players at Celtc or Bolton, or anyone who has played for us before (apart from :hyper, which is arguably unlikely).

Andy74
28-12-2016, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't like to see us sign any of Lennon's former players at Celtc or Bolton, or anyone who has played for us before (apart from :hyper, which is arguably unlikely).

Couldn't care less. Anyone that will improve the squad would do me.

Glory Lurker
28-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Couldn't care less. Anyone that will improve the squad would do me.

We agree, then :wink:

GreenCastle
28-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Someone like Gary Mackay-Stevens is what I feel we need. A player that takes the ball of his full back and runs at the opposition with pace.

The squad we have is good enough to compete in the top flight, we just need to get there. If players are occupying the wide positions then the likes of Holt and Cummings will be able to stay where they're supposed to be, IN THE BOX!! We would then have Commons lingering about for any scraps that drop to the edge of the box

Decent shout - he lives in Edinburgh too I think as always see him about.

Ex Utd player though so may not want to come.

Saint Hibee
28-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Malonga and Henderson would put a smile on my face.

hibees 7062
28-12-2016, 01:14 PM

Bury after Henderson

DJ HIBBY
28-12-2016, 03:27 PM

This plus Mackay Steven would be the quality required to push us on! Especially with McGinn and Fyvie to return. McGinn however needs to add goals to his game !

danhibees1875
28-12-2016, 03:48 PM
This plus Mackay Steven would be the quality required to push us on! Especially with McGinn and Fyvie to return. McGinn however needs to add goals to his game !

Laidlaw
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
GMS Mcginn Fyvie/McGeoch Henderson
Cummings Malonga

That would be a strong team - but I really don't see it happening, any of it.

Arch Stanton
28-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Absolutely praying that we buy a couple of wingers and change the system a bit.

More than change it a bit - wholesale changes more like.

Good wing-backs would be a blessing but out-and-out wingers wouldn't IMO.

snooky
28-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Bury after Henderson

If he goes, then any bid we thought of making will be deid and buried I suppose. :whistle:

HoboHarry
28-12-2016, 05:07 PM
If he goes, then any bid we thought of making will be deid and buried I suppose. :whistle:
That joke was so bad I choked and started coffin........

johncrobertson@
29-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Tommy Robson - Sunderland Under 23 Team Captain linked with us. Left Back! Training with us with a view to a loan or permanent deal in January

Unseen work
29-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Tommy Robson - Sunderland Under 23 Team Captain linked with us. Left Back! Training with us with a view to a loan or permanent deal in January

21 year old left back.

Looks like it's good bye to Callum Crane if he joins.

southsider
29-12-2016, 12:26 PM

Can he cross the ball without hitting the first defender ?

lucky
29-12-2016, 12:46 PM
LS is not as bad at crossing as he's made out on here. His crosses lead to 3 goals in our Scottish cup win last season.

S4uzee
29-12-2016, 12:57 PM
LS is not as bad at crossing as he's made out on here. His crosses lead to 3 goals in our Scottish cup win last season.

Haha come on!!! He hits the first man 99% of the time

CallumLaidlaw
29-12-2016, 01:04 PM

99% of the time?? not a chance.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-12-2016, 01:11 PM
Opinions are fine but without substance they're just our own. Unless you know something we don't.

We're the majority of Fergies Aberdeen side fond of him or Turnbulls Tornadoes? Probably not, so does a lack of fondness of a manager tell us anything?

Would many of Fergies Aberdeen team have known The Tornadoes players?

AlbertK86
29-12-2016, 02:10 PM

Not fair 95% , 4% fly way over bar or into touch and he gets 1% right.

For the amount of ball and spaces / positions he finds himself it is a very poor return.

An increase to 10% good crosses would probably bring another goal a game at the very least

eastmainsmsh
29-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Omar bogle

Callum_62
29-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Omar bogle

Id be more than surprised

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3996772/Barnsley-Rotherham-set-sights-Omar-Bogle-Grimsby-Town-striker-attracts-Championship.html

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Maybe we have enough strikers but Barnets John Akinde is someone who I would defo be looking at if I were Lennon.

BSEJVT
29-12-2016, 08:04 PM

Lewis's crosses are no worse than David Gray's who gets a comparatively easy ride by comparison.

Its almost like a grudging acceptance from those, of whom I have been one and still am on occasion, that other than his crossing Lewis does a not bad job and the only thing left to criticise him on is his crossing.

Imo Lewis put in 4 or 5 great crosses on Saturday

snooky
29-12-2016, 08:14 PM
Lewis's crosses are no worse than David Gray's who gets a comparatively easy ride by comparison.

Its almost like a grudging acceptance from those, of whom I have been one and still am on occasion, that other than his crossing Lewis does a not bad job and the only thing left to criticise him on is his crossing.

Imo Lewis put in 4 or 5 great crosses on Saturday

:agree:

The_Horde
29-12-2016, 09:00 PM

He put in about 3/4 quality crosses on Saturday and nobody decided to attsck them as per.

Golden Bear
29-12-2016, 09:10 PM
He put in about 3/4 quality crosses on Saturday and nobody decided to attsck them as per.

There are a number of occasions when Lewis finds himself isolated without a teammate in close proximity. There's often a posse of opposition players in front of him so the chances of picking out a Hibs player in the penalty box is slim. It happens every game.

The_Horde
29-12-2016, 09:12 PM
There are a number of occasions when Lewis finds himself isolated without a teammate in close proximity. There's often a posse of opposition players in front of him so the chances of picking out a Hibs player in the penalty box is slim. It happens every game.

Aye that too, he then doesn't have the trickery to menouvre a decent crossing opportunity and has to either come back or force it. We really need other players getting into these positions if we want to score more!

hibbysam
29-12-2016, 09:21 PM
No idea and I'm sure they will have revised their projections anyway. I have no idea if we will have a deficit or not but the point I was making was that if we need to overspend to get in the players we need then I don't think anyone would complain if it meant selling McGinn or Cummings in the summer to cover it. The important thing is to make sure we are promoted as that is costing more than £1m a season as it is.

Costing us more than £1m per year? £1.4m in three years is not >£1m per year in my calculator that's for sure.

Cletus
29-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Sean Maguire of Cork City has been watched by us.

Callum_62
29-12-2016, 09:58 PM
we seem to be getting linked to alot of strikers

northstandhibby
29-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Sean Maguire of Cork City has been watched by us.

Centre forward can play right wing according to reports. Played for West Ham reserves and Ireland under 21 I think. Could be a find?

Glory Glory

GreenCastle
29-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Just watched the cup final DVD again.

Changed my mind - I want Henderson back. He just gets Hibs and actually assisted many goals.

Ok he isn't the fast winger we require - he would be good for team morale and another excellent option at set pieces.

My_Wife_Camille
29-12-2016, 10:57 PM
There are a number of occasions when Lewis finds himself isolated without a teammate in close proximity. There's often a posse of opposition players in front of him so the chances of picking out a Hibs player in the penalty box is slim. It happens every game.I had this very rant the other week so I'm glad someone else has noticed it too.

Big L
29-12-2016, 11:26 PM
The team's been playing crap for most of the season, the defense is the only part of the team that gets a pass, Lewis Stevenson is part of that defense. We have a striker who couln't hit a cow in the erse wi a banjo, nothing said about the amount of misses! A midfield that's been non existant since McGinn & Fyvie got injured, nothing said! I don't happen to think Lewis is a great wingback, but If you want a sitting midfielder who will battle for 90 mins and who was the fans player of the season in that role then Lewis is yer man. That's where he should be playing at this time, IMO

theonlywayisup
30-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Have update the front page with the two recent players that we've looked at?

Current:
Tommy Robson - left back http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317323-New-left-back-coming-in (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317323-New-left-back-coming-in/page2)

History:

Anyone else?

Big L
30-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Aaron Kovar away home, no contract, not good enough( Gary Parker)

Ozyhibby
30-12-2016, 10:13 AM
we seem to be getting linked to alot of strikers

See the Grant Holt thread for the reason why.

J-C
30-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Aaron Kovar away home, no contract, not good enough( Gary Parker)

Where's the quote where Parker says this? I thought he went back home for Christmas

EDIT Just seen EEN interview with Parker

Andy74
30-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Where's the quote where Parker says this? I thought he went back home for Christmas

EDIT Just seen EEN interview with Parker

Would be interesting to know what wingers we have to be comparing him against!

GreenCastle
30-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Will Stanton be returning ?

When does the window open / slam shut ?

J-C
30-12-2016, 10:46 AM
Would be interesting to know what wingers we have to be comparing him against!

We have no left sided wingers in the squad, so no comparison.

tooley
30-12-2016, 11:41 AM
What amount?

Steven Fletchers done alright without a right foot.

southsider
30-12-2016, 11:57 AM

But what could he have achieved had he practiced day & night to improve like a certain GB. So much so no one could tell which was his stronger foot

nellio
30-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Just hoping we sign some wide players, it's all well and good pushing Lewis and DG up the park but neight can beat a man and the ball either comes back inside or the cross isn't good enough. They aren't wingers though so shouldn't be expected to go past players and get crosses in. If were going to be doing that we should play with wide men.

QMU-1875
30-12-2016, 01:29 PM
There was a French guy in Edinburgh airport full hibs tracksuit the other day. I asked him if he was on trial with hibs said he was, initals were FM (had it on his bootbag, told me his name but couldn't understand it haha) and I'm sure he said he played for Rennes or Stade Reims. Anyone with info?

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Florent Malouda? :-)

My_Wife_Camille
30-12-2016, 01:44 PM
There was a French guy in Edinburgh airport full hibs tracksuit the other day. I asked him if he was on trial with hibs said he was, initals were FM (had it on his bootbag, told me his name but couldn't understand it haha) and I'm sure he said he played for Rennes or Stade Reims. Anyone with info?
Heard his too and posted as much on the PM board. Haven't heard anything else further though

HappyHanlon
30-12-2016, 01:57 PM

Could be Florian Makhedjouf - winger who plays for Red Star in French Ligue 2.

He was highly rated before an injury curtailed his time at PSG.

Red Star are cash strapped so might take a deal before his contract expires at the end of the season.

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2016, 01:59 PM
He'll be very mobile.

According to Steely Dan, "FM... no static at all."

HoboHarry
30-12-2016, 02:02 PM
He'll be very mobile.

According to Steely Dan, "FM... no static at all."

Terrible joke - get back to cooking someone's books ya bam..............

:greengrin

Callum_62
30-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Could be Florian Makhedjouf - winger who plays for Red Star in French Ligue 2.

He was highly rated before an injury curtailed his time at PSG.

Red Star are cash strapped so might take a deal before his contract expires at the end of the season.

I thought he played for Rennes or Reims.... :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Terrible joke - get back to cooking someone's books ya bam..............

Och..I was waiting for a string of Steely Dan-related puns, too.

Lighten up... it's not Black Friday, you know. :greengrin

brog
30-12-2016, 02:31 PM

And Messi, Maradona & Puskas!

Saturday Boy
30-12-2016, 02:32 PM

As as long as you don't............. Do it again :wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-12-2016, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;4891216]Och..I was waiting for a string of Steely Dan-related puns, too.

Lighten up... it's not Black Friday, you know. :greengrin[/QUOTE

Are you still Reeling In The Years?

You never went to My Old School then!

( A fellow fan)

:wink:

Saturday Boy
30-12-2016, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;4891216]Och..I was waiting for a string of Steely Dan-related puns, too.

Lighten up... it's not Black Friday, you know. :greengrin[/QUOTE

Are you still Reeling In The Years?

You never went to My Old School then!

( A fellow fan)

:wink:

This is more like it. I still wear my Bad Sneakers and won't do it without my Fez on. :fez::fez:

HoboHarry
30-12-2016, 02:52 PM

Only a fool would say that.... but I won't be too sad - I'm home at last.........

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Only a fool would say that.... but I won't be too sad - I'm home at last.........

PEG- seller.

HoboHarry
30-12-2016, 03:27 PM
PEG- seller.
Ah, what can I say? Its been Dirty Work since I left My Old School......

staunchhibby
30-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Possibly Sam Stanton may be coming back As far as i know him and Lennon have been chatting re returning.

Tom Hart RIP
30-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Possibly Sam Stanton may be coming back As far as i know him and Lennon have been chatting re returning.

I would be happy to have Sam back. I still think he has the potential to become a very good player.

Andy74
30-12-2016, 04:17 PM

Brilliant. Don't know what we were all panicking about.

SkintHibby
30-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Any updates about whether Danny Swanson is coming to Hibs or not?

HoboHarry
30-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Brilliant. Don't know what we were all panicking about.

I'm not panicking. Nor do I wet the bed when we draw against Raith Rovers but then again i'm a grown up.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2016, 04:36 PM

Has Sam been ripping it at Dumbarton in his 11 games so far? Man of the match awards? Is he their best player by a mile? If not, why would we want him?

StevieCowan
30-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Not long to wait for what we all think is needed.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Has Sam been ripping it at Dumbarton in his 11 games so far? Man of the match awards? Is he their best player by a mile? If not, why would we want him?

I'd have him back, can score a goal

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Jesus Christ, if Sam Stanton is our saviour we are ****ed completely, FFS we need much better than him, next thing Danny Handling will be getting a new contract.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2016, 05:54 PM
I'd have him back, can score a goal

Only 6 so far in his career in 82 games.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Only 6 so far in his career in 82 games.

How many were sub appearances though, stats man😄

Heisenberg
30-12-2016, 05:57 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/366958/hibs-weigh-up-january-swoop-for-former-motherwell-winger-chris-humphrey/

Pace and width...

keep the faith
30-12-2016, 06:05 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/366958/hibs-weigh-up-january-swoop-for-former-motherwell-winger-chris-humphrey/

Pace and width...

I would be happy with that.

Unseen work
30-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Humphrey would be a quality signing and more importantly, is exactly what we need

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2016, 06:08 PM

Pace and width...

He was good for Motherwell, very quick if my memory is right and looked to drive up the line and into the box.

Remember thinking i wish he played for us at the time, bit worried that he's not played for a while and had a bad injury.

Sorry read that wrong, he has been playing up until recently, could be worth a gamble?

Ozyhibby
30-12-2016, 06:11 PM

Pace and width...

If he still has the pace then he would be a good signing. Decent crosser of the ball:

Heisenberg
30-12-2016, 06:14 PM
He was good for Motherwell, very quick if my memory is right and looked to drive up the line and into the box.

Remember thinking i wish he played for us at the time, bit worried that he's not played for a while and had a bad injury.

Sorry read that wrong, he has been playing up until recently, could be worth a gamble?

Thought the same when he played against one of our many teams in recent years that were devoid of any pace or skill. He'd surely still do a job for us but got to think there will be others, probably down south, interested in him too.

RedHibby
30-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Most of the players we are being linked to give me the feeling that once again we are trying to improve the team on the cheap and with players who have previously had bad injury's. I would really like to know what our scouts are doing to earn their living because it certainly isn't scouting.

McD
30-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Most of the players we are being linked to give me the feeling that once again we are trying to improve the team on the cheap and with players who have previously had bad injury's. I would really like to know what our scouts are doing to earn their living because it certainly isn't scouting.

Our Scouts seemed to to be more adventurous in seeking out possible players under Stubbs.

theres an awful lot of getting linked with current Celtic players and former Lennon players. I would discount Henderson from that slightly, as we've had him on loan prior to Lennon.

i thought the club was restructured after relegation to give a Southampton style setup, where the manager/head coach was recruited based on how th club want to play and run things, where the scouting etc would remain in situ with a similar remit regardless of the person picking the team.

Callum_62
30-12-2016, 07:18 PM

We are in the Scottish Championship - who are our competition strengthening with?

Ive been surprised at how varied the trialists we have had in have been

No complaints so far (but then, we haven't signed anyone yet)

B.H.F.C
30-12-2016, 07:20 PM

Can hardly say that 'once again' we are trying to improve our team on the cheap when you see some of the players we have brought in whilst in this league. Granted it might not always have been what we need but certainly not on the cheap.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2016, 07:21 PM
http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/humphrey-leaves-pne-1-8312004

Lancashire evening post claiming he is about to sign for a Scottish championship club.

SRHibs
30-12-2016, 07:25 PM
This sounds promising.

Callum_62
30-12-2016, 07:27 PM
you're Jamaican me crazy

Should be a good signing if true

under 40 - check

never played for Celtic - check

PETRIE! :greengrin

Scottie
30-12-2016, 07:29 PM
http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/humphrey-leaves-pne-1-8312004

Lancashire evening post claiming he is about to sign for a Scottish championship club.
Another Alan O'Brien reading some of those comments :rolleyes:

RedHibby
30-12-2016, 07:34 PM

Reading the comments I agree.

Heisenberg
30-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Our Scouts seemed to to be more adventurous in seeking out possible players under Stubbs.

theres an awful lot of getting linked with current Celtic players and former Lennon players. I would discount Henderson from that slightly, as we've had him on loan prior to Lennon.

i thought the club was restructured after relegation to give a Southampton style setup, where the manager/head coach was recruited based on how th club want to play and run things, where the scouting etc would remain in situ with a similar remit regardless of the person picking the team.

We've had trialists in from all over the place. As much as we'd like it we can't and won't always sign players in the same bracket as McGinn/Fyvie/Allan. I think Humphrey would be a very good signing for us.

Gordy M
30-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Reading the comments I agree.

I take it you didnt see him at motherwell? Very good direct fast player....played well enough to earn him a move to english champ?

What can you tell me about him, that you are willing to right him off??r

StevieCowan
30-12-2016, 07:39 PM

I've just read all those informative 10 comments under the article, can't understand how (or even your motive for)posting what you have.

Very strange behaviour.

Big L
30-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Just heard Chris Humphreys on his way to ER. Left Preston mutual consent today.

Billychaotic182
Didn't Fenlon try and sign him?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Would be a superb signing

Callum_62
30-12-2016, 07:56 PM
signed in time for the Arabs game?

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-12-2016, 07:56 PM
I liked him when he was at Motherwell, exactly what is needed.

Heisenberg
30-12-2016, 07:57 PM
Kenny Millar says Hibs hopeful of getting deal done despite rival interest from English clubs.

Big L
30-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Played 40 odd games a season for Preston, this season 10. Quite pacey, played winger at M'well. WB and attacking mid at PReston. Can't b a mug.

Smartie
30-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Humphrey is exactly the kind of player we should be going for.

SteveHFC
30-12-2016, 08:02 PM
I liked him when he was at Motherwell, exactly what is needed.
:agree:

California-Hibs
30-12-2016, 08:03 PM
Remember Humphrey from his Motherwell days - rapid! Really good player too, would be very happy if it came off. A proven winger.

Aldo
30-12-2016, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=RedHibby;4891474]Reading the comments I agree.[/

Jezzo a rumour and the guys written off!

Who should we sign??

We are a Championship team after all!

neil7908
30-12-2016, 08:09 PM
If he's as good a player as he was a couple of years ago I'll be delighted to have him at ER. Hope we can get this one over the line

Marco G
30-12-2016, 08:48 PM
If he's as good a player as he was a couple of years ago I'll be delighted to have him at ER. Hope we can get this one over the line
Agree, impressed when I saw him for Motherwell. And he has had plenty games for PNE since.

We've had trialists in from all over the place. As much as we'd like it we can't and won't always sign players in the same bracket as McGinn/Fyvie/Allan. I think Humphrey would be a very good signing for us.
Think he could be in the same bracket, in that he might do something we need and they cannot do, ie a bit if pace, skin a player and get a good ball into the box

Mikey09
30-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Done deal I've heard.

Aldo
30-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Done deal I've heard.

Good news if true.

Thanks Mikey!

Speedway
30-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Spoke to @humphrey_17 last week and he's assured us he's coming up to play on the wing for the 'well. Rest easy folks.

Lago
30-12-2016, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=RedHibby;4891474]Reading the comments I agree.[/

Jezzo a rumour and the guys written off!

Who should we sign??

We are a Championship team after all!

Yip kind of wonder about some who post on here now a days, puzzling comments.

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Humphrey was a top player when at MWell. If turning on the same type of performances he would destroy the defenses in this league. Hope the posters who say he's coming to ER are correct!!!

Glory Glory

JimBHibees
30-12-2016, 09:50 PM

Trolling at its best. Not get the present you wanted at Christmas.

The Captain....
30-12-2016, 09:54 PM
Quite excited by this - I remember thinking Humphrey looked pacey and direct with 'Well. Be interesting to see how we shape up formation wise if he comes in and starts.

If we just signed a decent striker now I'd be pretty happy with the squad (once the injuries clear up a bit).

Andy74
30-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Humphrey was a top player when at MWell. If turning on the same type of performances he would destroy the defenses in this league. Hope the posters who say he's coming to ER are correct!!!

Glory Glory

Indeed. One player I always think about when talking about how other teams have found quick powerful players. That said he may have been at his peak a couple of years ago.

RedHibby
30-12-2016, 09:55 PM
I take it you didnt see him at motherwell? Very good direct fast player....played well enough to earn him a move to english champ?

What can you tell me about him, that you are willing to right him off??r

Yes I did see him when he was at Motherwell. He is older now and has come back from a bad injury. How may times do we have to bring in older players that have had previous bad injuries and they end up getting injured again. Only my opinion but if the guy signs I will fully support him and the team.

Gordy M
30-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Yes I did see him when he was at Motherwell. He is older now and has come back from a bad injury. How may times do we have to bring in older players that have had previous bad injuries and they end up getting injured again. Only my opinion but if the guy signs I will fully support him and the team.

He is only 29 and made 14 app for preston this season??

wookie70
30-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Pace and width but a goal in every 13 or so games and an assist every 5 or so games. Slightly more assists at Well with an assist every 4 1/3 games but that was a few years back.

That is slightly less average career assists than Martin Boyle and he takes 5 times as many games to score a goal as the Squirrel. A bit apples and oranges as a comparison but I would want a player who contributed much more. Humphrey also averaged 1.5 points per game so is usually playing in winning teams.

Jamie Walker for comparison gets an assist every 3.18 games and scores a goal every 3.35. Most of those games have been at a higher level than the Championship. He may be a cheating wee scrote but that is the type of stats I would be looking for. We might not be able to afford someone that has kept that record going for 4 years or so but should be looking for someone who is capable of it and is young and fit to go.

Hippolyte for Falkirk has a goal every 4.38 games and averages an assist every 3.65 games in the Championship. Again a record I would be happy with.

Humphreys may be great but I fear the worst and he is again around the 30 age bracket. Is there nobody with their career in front of them that is available and would make us better, possibly not in this transfer window. That boat may have sailed in the summer.

Thecat23
30-12-2016, 10:17 PM
No idea what he's like now, can't say I'm fussed to be honest if he does come!

GreenCastle
30-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Glad we are looking at wide players..

Can we sign a wide left player with pace too and a Russell Latapy type creative player then I will be happy.

truehibernian
30-12-2016, 10:39 PM
No idea what he's like now, can't say I'm fussed to be honest if he does come!

Would prefer Pawlett TC - as annoying as he is, and much like Walker at Hearts, he burrows into the box and at least gives defenders and refs decisions to make. Not condoning diving or simulation, but he's direct and often wins pens and free kicks. We are not direct enough final third and need pace and penetration.

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 10:52 PM
Was the Samaras rumour a lot of rubbish or genuine?

3pm
30-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Was the Samaras rumour a lot of rubbish or genuine?

Rubbish.

Eyemouth Hibby
30-12-2016, 10:56 PM
I remember years and years ago we were linked with an £800,000 swoop for Nico Claessen, a Belgian International striker, who was plying his trade with Spurs at the time in the top league in England. It was in that rag the Sun so was a pile of keek but at least it was exciting. I long for these days again. That would be like us being linked with Benteke now. Instead we just seem to be linked with a string of average players who cost next to nothing and are about as enticing to watch as an episode of Bargain Hunt. Basically what the January transfer window has become. I know everybody's skint in Scottish Football but it's just incredibly dull the transfer window for Hibs Fans. Hopefully we'll sign Henderson and if we got a focused Stokes that would be great. I'd love to see us try and get a top talent from the premiership to give him game experience. Something outlandish like signing Daniel Sturridge for six months would be momentous and would put the gates at Easter Road through the roof and make Dundee Utd 2nd for sure - which is of course their rightful place in this league. Think I'll go to bed before I become even more deluded. Steve Archibald - a signing like that. Imagine waking up to tomorrow's papers and see the headline "Hibs swoop for Sturridge." Even if it was a pile of nonsense at least you would get excited. Think that's all I'm trying to say.

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Rubbish.

I don't think he'd be of any use anyway waste of a wage if it were true.

Andy74
30-12-2016, 11:01 PM
I remember years and years ago we were linked with an £800,000 swoop for Nico Claessen, a Belgian International striker, who was plying his trade with Spurs at the time in the top league in England. It was in that rag the Sun so was a pile of keek but at least it was exciting. I long for these days again. That would be like us being linked with Benteke now. Instead we just seem to be linked with a string of average players who cost next to nothing and are about as enticing to watch as an episode of Bargain Hunt. Basically what the January transfer window has become. I know everybody's skint in Scottish Football but it's just incredibly dull the transfer window for Hibs Fans. Hopefully we'll sign Henderson and if we got a focused Stokes that would be great. I'd love to see us try and get a top talent from the premiership to give him game experience. Something outlandish like signing Daniel Sturridge for six months would be momentous and would put the gates at Easter Road through the roof and make Dundee Utd 2nd for sure - which is of course their rightful place in this league. Think I'll go to bed before I become even more deluded. Steve Archibald - a signing like that. Imagine waking up to tomorrow's papers and see the headline "Hibs swoop for Sturridge." Even if it was a pile of nonsense at least you would get excited. Think that's all I'm trying to say.

Time for bed!

Heisenberg
30-12-2016, 11:03 PM

Sturridge is too injury prone. Wouldn't take the risk.

But aye, get yourself to bed you absolute lunatic :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2016, 11:13 PM
At almost 30, I doubt Humphries would have the pace he had at Motherwell.

Billychaotic182
30-12-2016, 11:20 PM
Tony Watt is getting his loan terminated at hearts. Would anyone take him here?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-12-2016, 11:22 PM

Sturridge?

Are you for real?

The world has moved on, the days of hibs signing top players ftom England are long gone (if they ever really existed)

California-Hibs
30-12-2016, 11:30 PM
Spoke to @humphrey_17 last week and he's assured us he's coming up to play on the wing for the 'well. Rest easy folks.

Don't like the sound of that 👎

Ozyhibby
31-12-2016, 01:53 AM
Pace and width but a goal in every 13 or so games and an assist every 5 or so games. Slightly more assists at Well with an assist every 4 1/3 games but that was a few years back.

That is slightly less average career assists than Martin Boyle and he takes 5 times as many games to score a goal as the Squirrel. A bit apples and oranges as a comparison but I would want a player who contributed much more. Humphrey also averaged 1.5 points per game so is usually playing in winning teams.

Jamie Walker for comparison gets an assist every 3.18 games and scores a goal every 3.35. Most of those games have been at a higher level than the Championship. He may be a cheating wee scrote but that is the type of stats I would be looking for. We might not be able to afford someone that has kept that record going for 4 years or so but should be looking for someone who is capable of it and is young and fit to go.

Hippolyte for Falkirk has a goal every 4.38 games and averages an assist every 3.65 games in the Championship. Again a record I would be happy with.

Humphreys may be great but I fear the worst and he is again around the 30 age bracket. Is there nobody with their career in front of them that is available and would make us better, possibly not in this transfer window. That boat may have sailed in the summer.

Jamie Walker is one of the best attacking midfielders in Scotland just now and when he moves only Celtic in Scotland could afford him. He'll prob have move soon now that there is no money coming in for Patterson. I'll be glad when he moves.
Just having a winger should creat wxtra space in the middle. From what I remember, humphries was decent and worth a shot.

hibbysam
31-12-2016, 02:07 AM
Jamie Walker is one of the best attacking midfielders in Scotland just now and when he moves only Celtic in Scotland could afford him. He'll prob have move soon now that there is no money coming in for Patterson. I'll be glad when he moves.
Just having a winger should creat wxtra space in the middle. From what I remember, humphries was decent and worth a shot.

Half of walkers goals are penalties, and I'm sure if any side in Scotland got as many penalties as them, there attacking midfielder would have as many goals to their name. Walker is extremely inconsistent, and Paterson is the only one in their side that will move for any considerable money. I'd love to know a game that Walker has stood out in against us because I can't for the life of me think of one, which would make me hope that they sell him.

Greenworld
31-12-2016, 08:12 AM

He is a very good player however he has dodgy knees and I doubt his career will be a long one

Pretty Boy
31-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Daniel Sturridge to Hibs? With expectations like that it's no wonder some folk are disappointed with who we do sign.

I quite fancy seeing us bid for that Ronaldo bloke. Bit outlandish but it's an exciting thought.

wookie70
31-12-2016, 08:42 AM

I'm not suggesting we went for Walker I'm saying we need to get a player who is likely to consistently score and create chances. If Humphreys was to sign and continue at his career average he would score one or two and create 4 by the end of the season. I would be looking for better than that. He could come in and be spectacular or just having pace wide could completely change our fortunes, impossible to say, but I am hoping we get a creative goal scoring winger. Humphreys is not a goal scoring winger and not particularly creative.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
31-12-2016, 08:50 AM
I'm not suggesting we went for Walker I'm saying we need to get a player who is likely to consistently score and create chances. If Humphreys was to sign and continue at his career average he would score one or two and create 4 by the end of the season. I would be looking for better than that. He could come in and be spectacular or just having pace wide could completely change our fortunes, impossible to say, but I am hoping we get a creative goal scoring winger. Humphreys is not a goal scoring winger and not particularly creative.

This is thr problem with stats in fitba though. You only get an assist if you are the one who plays the final ball - but there is obviously a lot more to it than that.

Billy Whizz
31-12-2016, 08:59 AM

Jamie would never play for Hibs anyway

Tyler Durden
31-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Can't believe anyone would be anything other than delighted with this signing. If it happens, credit to Lennon and it's what most people have been crying out for

Unless you're waiting on Benteke/Sturridge or a winger who averages 3.82 assists per game 🙄

Heisenberg
31-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Deal until the end of the season for Humphrey apparently.

Dibben
31-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Deal until the end of the season for Humphrey apparently.

Makes sense... if we weren't to get back up, there will be many wanting away!!

Great news hopefully!! 😁

IanM
31-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Sources have told HITC Sport that Humphrey has agreed a short-term deal until the end of the season at Easter Road with the move set to be confirmed when the transfer window officially opens on 1 January.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Humphreys confirmed. Source-LD after the game [emoji1362]

Onceinawhile
31-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Hibs now confirmed it :) on official site.

Eyemouth Hibby
31-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Sturridge to follow :greengrin. Great win today and thanks for taking the light hearted banter in the manner it was meant.

HoboHarry
31-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Makes sense... if we weren't to get back up, there will be many wanting away!!

Great news hopefully!! 😁
This is based on what? Was there an exodus at the start of this season? And how then can we keep attracting players like Shinnie and Humphries who are capable of playing in the premier?

Dibben
31-12-2016, 08:00 PM
This is based on what? Was there an exodus at the start of this season? And how then can we keep attracting players like Shinnie and Humphries who are capable of playing in the premier?

More based on a 4th season in the Championship will surely see McGinn, Cummings,Fyvie going. This would allow us to help balance th books - as I doubt we'd get the same amount of ST sales. It's been already said that we are losing £1m per season being here.

All IMHO of course!!! 😬

HoboHarry
31-12-2016, 08:05 PM
More based on a 4th season in the Championship will surely see McGinn, Cummings,Fyvie going. This would allow us to help balance th books - as I doubt we'd get the same amount of ST sales. It's been already said that we are losing £1m per season being here.

All IMHO of course!!! 😬
I'm no numbers guy but I would be somewhat surprised if CWG would back up your numbers....... CWG?

West lower
31-12-2016, 08:08 PM

All IMHO of course!!! 😬

We might might be missing out on £1m a year, but we are not making £1m losses a season. Not yet.

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2016, 08:20 PM
I'm no numbers guy but I would be somewhat surprised if CWG would back up your numbers....... CWG?
It's far too early to say what our financial results will be this season. We certainly didn't lose £1m last season.

We are missing out on TV money by not being in the top league....but £1m? I'd doubt it. And our attendances are probably not far off what they would be in the top league.

scoopyboy
31-12-2016, 08:26 PM
It's far too early to say what our financial results will be this season. We certainly didn't lose £1m last season.

We are missing out on TV money by not being in the top league....but £1m? I'd doubt it. And our attendances are probably not far off what they would be in the top league.

It's virtually impossible to quantify how much TV money Hibs would lose as it depends on the finishing position.

If we were to finish third you get a helluva lot more cash than if you finish tenth.

Dashing Bob S
31-12-2016, 08:33 PM

Our attendances this season are probably more than we would get in the top league.

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Our attendances this season are probably more than we would get in the top league.
Arguably.

Had we won the Cup and been promoted, they would have been higher.....couple of derbies and Rantic games would have seen to that.

HoboHarry
31-12-2016, 08:52 PM

That's where I am at - I am struggling to see us getting a full house for a visit of Dundee United if we are mid table in the premier.......

wookie70
31-12-2016, 08:54 PM
This is thr problem with stats in fitba though. You only get an assist if you are the one who plays the final ball - but there is obviously a lot more to it than that.

Stats are an indication for me and you are right that it is just the final ball for an assist but for a winger that would be a big part of the job. The same criteria goes for other wingers so it evens itself out. Hibs have done very well in the stats in the last few years with the exception of the main one - goals. We need more and that either comes from better finishes or creating more or better chances. I'll be delighted if Humphreys batters goal after goal and sets up umpteen more. His career to date suggests otherwise but sometimes it can click and we have been crying out for width and pace so who knows.

Dashing Bob S
31-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Arguably.

Had we won the Cup and been promoted, they would have been higher.....couple of derbies and Rantic games would have seen to that.

Yes, it was the cup wot did it. But I doubt we'd be getting more than 15K at home to St Johnstone, Hamilton, Patrick, Ross County etc, and inevitable TV and Sunday football against Rantic generally (particularly in the second home fixture) leads to a drop in home support as people are bored with sectarian songs and cheating refs.

northstandhibby
31-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Yes, it was the cup wot did it. But I doubt we'd be getting more than 15K at home to St Johnstone, Hamilton, Patrick, Ross County etc, and inevitable TV and Sunday football against Rantic generally (particularly in the second home fixture) leads to a drop in home support as people are bored with sectarian songs and cheating refs.

It would be a far better top league if the Rantic were to have their wish of joining another league somewhere else. It would be far more competitive with around six teams in with a chance of winning it including us of course.

I for one would welcome a league without Rantic and no colt teams left behind. They are desperate to join a richer league and I hope they do sooner rather than later and they can take their sectarian hatred with them.

Glory Glory

greenlex
31-12-2016, 09:28 PM
It would be a far better top league if the Rantic were to have their wish of joining another league somewhere else. It would be far more competitive with around six teams in with a chance of winning it including us of course.

I for one would welcome a league without Rantic and no colt teams left behind. They are desperate to join a richer league and I hope they do sooner rather than later and they can take their sectarian hatred with them.

Glory Glory
They could stay if we only played them twice. One home and one away. It would be a bit closer.
Bigger league is the answer.

Joe6-2
31-12-2016, 09:32 PM
They could stay if we only played them twice. One home and one away. It would be a bit closer.
Bigger league is the answer.

This, time the idiots that run Scottish football listened to the fans!
But then, why change the way they've done things for years!

Dibben
31-12-2016, 09:46 PM

Bad use of wording. I meant that we are missing out on TV money not losing!!

I've no idea on how much we are getting but surely we all agree that we need to get up this season and if we don't we may well lose some of our better players!

mjhibby
01-01-2017, 03:04 AM
[QUOTE=Dibben;4893120]More based on a 4th season in the Championship will surely see McGinn, Cummings,Fyvie going. This would allow us to help balance th books - as I doubt we'd get the same amount of ST sales. It's been already said that we are losing £1m per season being here.

All IMHO of course!!! 😬

I think the massive increase in attendances will mean a loss of less than half that maybe even break even with a wee cup run.

147lothian
01-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Well done Neil Lennon, with the signing of Humphreys, were taking one massive step IMO towards avoiding the unthinkable which would be a fourth year in the second tier

Heisenberg
01-01-2017, 08:40 AM
We've signed a player in a position we badly needed filled. We did it as quickly as possible. He's played this season in a league which is a much higher level than we are currently at.

I don't know what's going on but I like it!

theonlywayisup
01-01-2017, 09:01 AM
So that's:

Confirmed:
Chris Humphrey - winger http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...OINS-HIBERNIAN (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317369-Official-Site-CHRIS-HUMPHREY-JOINS-HIBERNIAN)

Current:

History, not going to happen:

Anyone else? Who will be next in?

SouthMoroccoStu
01-01-2017, 09:40 AM
So that's:

Confirmed:
Chris Humphrey - winger http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...OINS-HIBERNIAN (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317369-Official-Site-CHRIS-HUMPHREY-JOINS-HIBERNIAN)

Current:

History:

Anyone else? Who will be next in?

Pretty sure Gary Parker confirmed Kovar will not be offered a deal - Not better than what we've already got apparently.

lucky
01-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Stats are an indication for me and you are right that it is just the final ball for an assist but for a winger that would be a big part of the job. The same criteria goes for other wingers so it evens itself out. Hibs have done very well in the stats in the last few years with the exception of the main one - goals. We need more and that either comes from better finishes or creating more or better chances. I'll be delighted if Humphreys batters goal after goal and sets up umpteen more. His career to date suggests otherwise but sometimes it can click and we have been crying out for width and pace so who knows.

Hibs are the top scorers in the championship both at home and away. Its a miff that we don't score lots of goals but the fact is we do but we should be scoring more

theonlywayisup
01-01-2017, 10:54 AM
Pretty sure Gary Parker confirmed Kovar will not be offered a deal - Not better than what we've already got apparently.

Okay - maybe I need to be clearer. History to me means in the past, not going to happen.

Big L
01-01-2017, 12:17 PM
Comforting to see that we are not alone in recruiting players 30 plus. The yams are trying to get 37yr old Aaron Hughes currently playing for Kerala Blasters (who? ) to sign for them. He's apparently been offered a contract in China but is torn between Tynie or two years in the Paddy fields, decisions!!

bingo70
01-01-2017, 12:21 PM
Comforting to see that we are not alone in recruiting players 30 plus. The yams are trying to get 37yr old Aaron Hughes currently playing for Kerala Blasters (who? ) to sign for them. He's apparently been offered a contract in China but is torn between Tynie or two years in the Paddy fields, decisions!!

We signed Chris Dignall from the blasters I think.

Big L
01-01-2017, 12:30 PM
We signed Chris Dignall from the blasters I think.

I can only hope Hughes has the same success with the yams as Dagnall had with us.

bingo70
01-01-2017, 12:31 PM
I can only hope Hughes has the same success with the yams as Dagnall had with us.

Scottish cup winners? 😉

Big L
01-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Scottish cup winners? 😉

BTW He's with Crewe now, scored 2 in 20. Don't think he scored for us!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Supposefly Hearts are after McGinn from Aberdeen.

Strange one if true, but would be a cracking signing for them.

keep the faith
02-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Supposefly Hearts are after McGinn from Aberdeen.

Strange one if true, but would be a cracking signing for them.

No chance of that happening!!

Bostonhibby
02-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Suppose you've got to factor in the chance to be developed by the gorgie guardiola and the yams will be able to afford a decent transfer fee once budge instructs them that share money is to be diverted again.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

col02
02-01-2017, 09:57 AM

I'd say there is a good chance of it happening. He's not been a first pick as often this season, he's out of contract the end of the season and he also knows the Hearts assistant manager from Northern Ireland matches.

Kaiser1962
02-01-2017, 10:17 AM

Our average attendance this season is currently 14,788 although this will be subject to change as we are only half way through the season. This is the highest average attendance since 1972-1973 when the average was 16,100. Closest recent average attendance was 2006-2007 at 14,488 which was the peak of a good six seasons (2004-2005 till 2009-2010), attendance wise, of 12k plus.

An example of the prize money for 2015-2016 would be winners of the SPL getting £2,827,400, 6th place £1,318,750 and 12th £949,500. Last season the Championship winners were paid £474,750 with the runner up receiving £400,900.

The English system is slightly different in that live broadcast money is extra to the prize money with the lowest earners last season being Aston Villa at £66.2m and the highest, Arsenal, at £101m. Champions Leicester received £93m.

Billychaotic182
02-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Peter Pawlett is a name that keeps popping up

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2017, 11:05 AM
I'm hearing the Samaras deal may be back on.

sleeping giant
02-01-2017, 11:11 AM

He's been getting mentioned about coming here since Craig Brown was manager.
I remember Speedway starting a thread about it.

J-C
02-01-2017, 11:16 AM

:slipper::shhhsh!:

CRAZYHIBBY
02-01-2017, 11:38 AM
I heard nial mcginn could be joining hibs but aberdeen are wanting to resign him and hearts are interested

Greenworld
02-01-2017, 11:42 AM
Samaras deal almost done according to twitter

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Daniel Sturridge to Hibs? With expectations like that it's no wonder some folk are disappointed with who we do sign.

I quite fancy seeing us bid for that Ronaldo bloke. Bit outlandish but it's an exciting thought.

Check the timing of the post PB all will become clear! :-)

Lago
02-01-2017, 12:08 PM

Where are you getting that info from? I wouldn't mind him at ER.

SRHibs
02-01-2017, 12:19 PM

He's not being serious. I really wish we'd keep this thread to real rumours/news only.

greenlex
02-01-2017, 12:26 PM

and falling down.

Billychaotic182
02-01-2017, 12:27 PM
and falling down.

Hahaha

Lago
02-01-2017, 01:03 PM
He's not being serious. I really wish we'd keep this thread to real rumours/news only.

Should have realised, his reputation as a windup merchant precedes him.:cb

Greenworld
02-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Spfl news on twitter claiming deal is close ...don't know if reliable

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2017, 03:51 PM

He IS being serious, two separate people who are based down here and have links to Lennon have told me he's made enquiries, they dont know how far its got but according to them we are interested.

And the 2nd one told me this last night when out for a meal that he was also at. Which is why i posted this again.

SRHibs
02-01-2017, 03:53 PM
He IS being serious, two separate people who are based down here and have links to Lennon have told me he's made enquiries, they dont know how far its got but according to them we are interested.

And the 2nd one told me this last night when out for a meal that he was also at. Which is why i posted this again.

I take it all back then. Would be an interesting one.

Mr White
02-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Tony Watt looks to be in for a fairly rubbish few weeks once he returns to Charlton. Manager Karl Robinson is quoted on the bbc saying

"Tony has to come back an apologise for certain things and then endear himself to the fans and to me and to the club,"

"What is going to happen with Tony Watt is that he is going to come in and I'm going to run the legs off of him.

I'm going to make him sweat, make him cry and I want to see whether he has got the desire to play for me and this club."

Good luck Tony.

ancient hibee
02-01-2017, 07:31 PM
McGinn will sign for whoever offers him the best deal.

tamig
02-01-2017, 07:44 PM
Tony Watt looks to be in for a fairly rubbish few weeks once he returns to Charlton. Manager Karl Robinson is quoted on the bbc saying

"Tony has to come back an apologise for certain things and then endear himself to the fans and to me and to the club,"

"What is going to happen with Tony Watt is that he is going to come in and I'm going to run the legs off of him.

I'm going to make him sweat, make him cry and I want to see whether he has got the desire to play for me and this club."

Good luck Tony.

Nice one!

Billychaotic182
02-01-2017, 07:49 PM

Good luck Tony.

Strange to think he got a call up over Ross McCormack

Billy Whizz
02-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Strange to think he got a call up over Ross McCormack

Strange to think he got a call up full stop

Mr White
02-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Nice one!

"I'm going to make him cry".

Straight out of the Terry Butcher coaching manual :greengrin

eastcoasthibby
03-01-2017, 08:42 AM
We need a centre forward that scores goals and is a mix of Graham and Holt ...but happy with anyone with a bit of directness and ability/attitude to get into the end of balls in the box, needs to work a bit as well.Regardless of Cummings goals ..we have no one playing up front that has more than one ability ..Cummings goals, Holt presence, Graham - aerial, Boyle -pace, all are far to inconsistent and score on a ratio of about 1-7,chances at best ..
Happy we are looking g at a left back, now just need to get a right back in to put some pressure on Gray ..cos for me has given us very little this season.
Think Humphrey is enough in the wide area for this window and don't need anything else in midfield if we can keep Commons til end of season, cos I reckon he will get is 10-22;goals if he stays.
So striker and 2 full backs please with Commons staying til end of season, that will do for me please.

Ozyhibby
03-01-2017, 09:15 AM
We need a centre forward that scores goals and is a mix of Graham and Holt ...but happy with anyone with a bit of directness and ability/attitude to get into the end of balls in the box, needs to work a bit as well.Regardless of Cummings goals ..we have no one playing up front that has more than one ability ..Cummings goals, Holt presence, Graham - aerial, Boyle -pace, all are far to inconsistent and score on a ratio of about 1-7,chances at best ..
Happy we are looking g at a left back, now just need to get a right back in to put some pressure on Gray ..cos for me has given us very little this season.
Think Humphrey is enough in the wide area for this window and don't need anything else in midfield if we can keep Commons til end of season, cos I reckon he will get is 10-22;goals if he stays.
So striker and 2 full backs please with Commons staying til end of season, that will do for me please.

I'd be happy with just a new striker now.

J-C
03-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Getting quality balls into the box is a priority, Commons will give you that and with Humphrey, hopefully that'll stretch defences and put in better balls, we have enough decent strikers but they've not been getting the supply.

eastcoasthibby
03-01-2017, 11:03 AM
Getting quality balls into the box is a priority, Commons will give you that and with Humphrey, hopefully that'll stretch defences and put in better balls, we have enough decent strikers but they've not been getting the supply.
I agree with the Commons part and hopefully Humphrey will create as well, but to say our strikers have been getting the service. !? Sorry how many chances do they need to convert 3-4,a game just now we must average 6-7 really good chances and same again in half decent ones ....so how many more do they need ??
In saying this on paper they all appear capable of getting a decent amount of goals but haven't done it ...yet ?
Every week we walk away from our games talking about the amount of missed chances ..we can't afford to continue in second half season like that ..it's just not good enough at this level ..

hibs0666
03-01-2017, 11:26 AM

They've been getting ample supply.

Brightside
03-01-2017, 12:05 PM
They've been getting ample supply.

Not of the type JC is talking about. Cut-backs, balls for strikers to run into space on. We may well get 14 chances but many of them are clumsy balls bouncing about with defenders or goalies all over them

hibee316
03-01-2017, 01:27 PM
We need a centre forward that scores goals and is a mix of Graham and Holt ...

Groltham?

Who does he play for?

:)

J-C
03-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Not of the type JC is talking about. Cut-backs, balls for strikers to run into space on. We may well get 14 chances but many of them are clumsy balls bouncing about with defenders or goalies all over them

Exactly, half chances, balls bouncing about like a pinball machine, we need quality not quantity.

Winston Ingram
03-01-2017, 01:55 PM

This