PDA

View Full Version : January 2017 Transfer Window

Pages : 1 [2]

PatHead
03-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Non Hibs transfers, know it is old news but - Nade to Dumbarton and Ryan Stevenson to Raith. Joe Thomson who had been a regular at Dumbarton has returned to Celtic.

brog
03-01-2017, 08:33 PM
Not of the type JC is talking about. Cut-backs, balls for strikers to run into space on. We may well get 14 chances but many of them are clumsy balls bouncing about with defenders or goalies all over them

Im afraid im not convinced. Ive only been at 1 game this season, home vs Pars, & Holt missed 2 absolute sitters. In addition Graham's shank vs Morton will live long in the memory. Holt does ok on hold up play & bringing others into play but if you expect him to be in the 6 yard box finishing off crosses from flying wingers then you need to turn the clock back. Just not going to happen unfortunately.

Is It On....
03-01-2017, 09:15 PM
It's virtually impossible to quantify how much TV money Hibs would lose as it depends on the finishing position.

If we were to finish third you get a helluva lot more cash than if you finish tenth.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but according to an article in the Daily Glasgow, bottom of the Premier League gets £949,500 and top of the Championship £475,000. So with the £500,000 parachute payment probably meant we were no worse of in our first season. Last season, because of the cup runs, again we probably no worse off than our last season in the Premier League. This season we absolutely MUST go up.

McD
03-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Non Hibs transfers, know it is old news but - Nade to Dumbarton and Ryan Stevenson to Raith. Joe Thomson who had been a regular at Dumbarton has returned to Celtic.

Starting to seem like hearts of fife rather than raith rovers. Didn't Locke sign a load of ex hearts pish at killie as well?

stevie-bee
03-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Starting to seem like hearts of fife rather than raith rovers. Didn't Locke sign a load of ex hearts pish at killie as well?

Yes quite a few

CorrieHibs
03-01-2017, 09:31 PM
samaras in Edinburgh to sign a short term deal.

Col2
03-01-2017, 09:33 PM

Picture on Twitter is almost 3 years old. It's a wind up.

Is It On....
03-01-2017, 09:36 PM

Is there any other sort?

Brightside
03-01-2017, 10:05 PM

its 100% an old pic.

Big L
03-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Not of the type JC is talking about. Cut-backs, balls for strikers to run into space on. We may well get 14 chances but many of them are clumsy balls bouncing about with defenders or goalies all over them

Commons will create quality chances, just like the one he gave JC, who's movement on Sat was much improved. CH will provide better cross's and hopefully with his pace will get to the bye line and give us cut backs, lots to look forward to!

21sMay
03-01-2017, 11:52 PM
Not sure how much truth is in this but I heard from a work colleague that Hibs have been trying to get Alan Forrest from Ayr United .

andrew70
03-01-2017, 11:54 PM
Not sure how much truth is in this but I heard from a work colleague that Hibs have been trying to get Alan Forrest from Ayr United .

Would love this to be true. Standout at this level and potential to improve further once promoted.

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2017, 06:55 AM
its 100% an old pic.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he's bald now

Billy Whizz
04-01-2017, 08:01 AM

We have been watching him

Ozyhibby
04-01-2017, 08:06 AM

20 years old with 100 games under his belt and more than 20 goals. Certainly worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oscar T Grouch
04-01-2017, 08:16 AM

On twitter that Joe Thomson is joining QotS on loan til the end of season along with Dom Thomas from Motherwell.

Onion
04-01-2017, 08:25 AM
http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-celtic-player-georgios-samaras-12402110

Peevemor
04-01-2017, 08:27 AM
http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-celtic-player-georgios-samaras-12402110

Dearie me. :greengrin

The Leith Dutch
04-01-2017, 08:33 AM
We need a centre forward that scores goals and is a mix of Graham and Holt ...but happy with anyone with a bit of directness and ability/attitude to get into the end of balls in the box, needs to work a bit as well.Regardless of Cummings goals ..we have no one playing up front that has more than one ability ..Cummings goals, Holt presence, Graham - aerial, Boyle -pace, all are far to inconsistent and score on a ratio of about 1-7,chances at best ..
Happy we are looking g at a left back, now just need to get a right back in to put some pressure on Gray ..cos for me has given us very little this season.
Think Humphrey is enough in the wide area for this window and don't need anything else in midfield if we can keep Commons til end of season, cos I reckon he will get is 10-22;goals if he stays.
So striker and 2 full backs please with Commons staying til end of season, that will do for me please.

I hate to be a neg ferret but if we're lucky enough to get a striker who scores a higher percentage of his chances that player categorically will be sold the very next transfer window because we will receive an offer we simply cannot refuse.

lucky
04-01-2017, 08:37 AM
It's a nonsense to claim Hibs don't score goals. We are the leagues top scorers at home and away. It's become a .net fact that Hibs don't score goals.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2017, 08:54 AM
It's a nonsense to claim Hibs don't score goals. We are the leagues top scorers at home and away. It's become a .net fact that Hibs don't score goals.

We don't score enough considering the league we are in if we want to win it convincingly.
Goals per game ratio

This season 1.66 goals per game
Last season 1.63 goals per game
Stubbs first season 1.94 goals per game
Sevco when they won the league 2.44
Yams when they won league 2.66 goals per game

Sergey
04-01-2017, 09:25 AM

Crivens!

:faf:

Fuzzywuzzy
04-01-2017, 09:29 AM
A badly dressed bearded bloke landing at an airport. Be a few hundred of them everyday.....

Peevemor
04-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Crivens!

:faf:

:hyper

hibbysam
04-01-2017, 09:45 AM
We don't score enough considering the league we are in if we want to win it convincingly.
Goals per game ratio

This season 1.66 goals per game
Last season 1.63 goals per game
Stubbs first season 1.94 goals per game
Sevco when they won the league 2.44
Yams when they won league 2.66 goals per game

Unfortunately, you can't just go about hammering teams left right and centre, its not how football works. Hearts played Cowdenbeath, Alloa, Dumbarton and Livingston (I mean they scored bloody 10 against Cowdenbeath). These are all either part time, or in Livi's case a very poor full time side, and Dumbarton were a far poorer side then than they are now.

We are scoring more than every other side in the league - that tells me we are scoring enough.
We are conceding less than every other side in the league - that tells me our defence is doing it's job.

Why not look further back, Dundee won the league only scoring 1.5 goals per game.

Our issue in recent weeks has been not scoring early enough, which means when we do inevitably concede one, we are right up against it. If we get an early goal, we are far less likely to concede as the opposition get desperate and open up.

Billy Whizz
04-01-2017, 09:46 AM

Think he'd fit in

bigwheel
04-01-2017, 10:12 AM
Think he'd fit in

Not another number 10 ! :wink:

Scorrie
04-01-2017, 11:22 AM

Too wee. Couldnae defend corners.

Don Giovanni
04-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately, you can't just go about hammering teams left right and centre, its not how football works. Hearts played Cowdenbeath, Alloa, Dumbarton and Livingston (I mean they scored bloody 10 against Cowdenbeath). These are all either part time, or in Livi's case a very poor full time side, and Dumbarton were a far poorer side then than they are now.

We are scoring more than every other side in the league - that tells me we are scoring enough.
We are conceding less than every other side in the league - that tells me our defence is doing it's job.

Why not look further back, Dundee won the league only scoring 1.5 goals per game.

Our issue in recent weeks has been not scoring early enough, which means when we do inevitably concede one, we are right up against it. If we get an early goal, we are far less likely to concede as the opposition get desperate and open up.

I'd rather win games comfortably and have the league sewn up early like The Tarts and the THE Huns did than drop points and take the league to the wire like Dundee (13/14 table finished Dundee 69, Hamilton 67, Falkirk 66). I think we should be aspiring to 2.5 goals rather than be satisfied being above 1.5 per game.

The recent Raith game is a good example of having dropped points because we're not clinical enough in front of goal and don't score as many as we should. We're not converting chances at a high enough rate.

Last season The Rangers, Falkirk and ourselves all conceeded 34 goals. However Rangers scored 88, Falkirk 61 and Hibs 59. The difference was in goal scoring.

You are correct to point out our solid defence but we should do everything possible to add goals to this team. The return from Holt and Graham to date isn't good enough. Lennon to his credit has brought in Humphrey to create more chances and Commons to create and carry a goal threat.

To put the boot on the other foot... there has been very little between ourselves and Utd up til now. If Utd. were able to secure a good striker in the January window and he gets a decent number of goals between now and the end of the season it could make the difference between automatic promotion and a playoff lottery.

Jim44
04-01-2017, 03:50 PM
With Celtic about to sign Eboue, adding one more to.their bank.of 13+ midfielders, I wonder what Liam Henderson feels about his future at Parkhead.

GreenOnions
04-01-2017, 04:03 PM
I'd rather win games comfortably and have the league sewn up early like The Tarts and the THE Huns did than drop points and take the league to the wire like Dundee (13/14 table finished Dundee 69, Hamilton 67, Falkirk 66). I think we should be aspiring to 2.5 goals rather than be satisfied being above 1.5 per game.

The recent Raith game is a good example of having dropped points because we're not clinical enough in front of goal and don't score as many as we should. We're not converting chances at a high enough rate.

Last season The Rangers, Falkirk and ourselves all conceeded 34 goals. However Rangers scored 88, Falkirk 61 and Hibs 59. The difference was in goal scoring.

You are correct to point out our solid defence but we should do everything possible to add goals to this team. The return from Holt and Graham to date isn't good enough. Lennon to his credit has brought in Humphrey to create more chances and Commons to create and carry a goal threat.

To put the boot on the other foot... there has been very little between ourselves and Utd up til now. If Utd. were able to secure a good striker in the January window and he gets a decent number of goals between now and the end of the season it could make the difference between automatic promotion and a playoff lottery.

A convincing argument I feel.

brog
04-01-2017, 04:14 PM

I was told this a year ago, I may have posted, but with change of management I assumed was dead. Good if accurate.

500miles
04-01-2017, 04:45 PM

Brian Graham's goalscoring rate is one goal every 130 minutes, so questioning his return is mind boggling.

We lack brains in the final third. With Humphrey on the wing, Holt won't have to drop so deep, and Cummings has real competition from Boyle and Graham.

Keatings playing behind the strikers brings a lot of energy to the attack too, I'm delighted he's fit.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-01-2017, 05:18 PM
With Celtic about to sign Eboue, adding one more to.their bank.of 13+ midfielders, I wonder what Liam Henderson feels about his future at Parkhead.

I said it a month or so ago but I honestly believe Hendo will be back at Hibs come the end of January.

He gave it a go, got a little chance but couldn't break through. Best thing for him is to admit defeat and come back

Ronniekirk
04-01-2017, 05:46 PM

You can ask him at the game on friday night as think he will be in main stand Would love to see him back but think Commons os the short term priority to help get us back up

Lee Marvin
04-01-2017, 05:48 PM
You can ask him at the game on friday night as think he will be in main stand Would love to see him back but think Commons os the short term priority to help get us back up

Save the homecoming of Hendo for the summer, if commons stays there is no space for him this window.

Don Giovanni
04-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Brian Graham's goalscoring rate is one goal every 130 minutes, so questioning his return is mind boggling.

We lack brains in the final third. With Humphrey on the wing, Holt won't have to drop so deep, and Cummings has real competition from Boyle and Graham.

Keatings playing behind the strikers brings a lot of energy to the attack too, I'm delighted he's fit.

I'm pleased Keatings is back too. I think he's a clever player.

Graham has 4 league goals (0 assists) by the half way point of the season. A pace of 8 goals on the season isn't exactly setting the heather alight. Graham signed whilst Lennon was in charge but maybe he just doesn't play him enough?

Cummings scores every 104minutes and is also accreditted with 2 assists whilst Boyle is 163minutes per goal and 1 assist (although there's an arguement whether he is always played as a striker) for comparison.*

* From BBC website.

Famous Fiver
04-01-2017, 07:21 PM
Maybe my memory is playing tricks but in the last two January transfer windows have our signings not been late in the day?

This time round we got Commons in early and Humphrey in time for first January game.

We seem to be better organised this time round.

Smartie
04-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Maybe my memory is playing tricks but in the last two January transfer windows have our signings not been late in the day?

This time round we got Commons in early and Humphrey in time for first January game.

We seem to be better organised this time round.

Did we not do the Boyle/ Harris swap deal quite early in the window a couple of years ago?

I think we got Gunnarson and Dagnall in quite early last year too.

I do remember being quite impressed by Hibs getting their act together quite quickly in both those January windows, certainly compared to what had gone before. Not sure whether it was the LD factor, the Stubbs factor or the Petrie keeping his neb out factor that was most at play.

GreenCastle
04-01-2017, 07:48 PM

Is Henderson not in Dubai with other Celtic players?

A left winger needed and possibly a creative midfielder.

Would love Henderson back though as he just gets Hibs and would be good on set pieces.

Ronniekirk
04-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Is Henderson not in Dubai with other Celtic players?

A left winger needed and possibly a creative midfielder.

Would love Henderson back though as he just gets Hibs and would be good on set pieces.

Forgot they had free time Sire he would of been there otherwise

21sMay
04-01-2017, 10:09 PM
I'd love hendo back but unfortunately I can't see it happening. We are blessed with a great midfield (which is more suited to the spl than championship) and just can't see Lennon taking in another midfielder without players leaving first. Maybe Harris, Stanton, handling, Barkley go to make way ?

hibbysam
04-01-2017, 11:15 PM

How many points did rangers' goal scoring exploits have them clear at this stage last season?

Winston Ingram
05-01-2017, 06:37 AM
How many points did rangers' goal scoring exploits have them clear at this stage last season?

Why does it matter? They had the league won by mid-Feb?

Marco G
05-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Mainly because we imploded? (Matches piling up, postponed etc). Happy with 1-0 victories if it gets us over the line.

hibbysam
05-01-2017, 08:29 AM

It matters to the argument that they blew everyone away by scoring many more goals than everyone else, however they were in exactly the same position as us this time last year. Easy to say at the end of the season what won them the league, but IMO it wasn't scoring plenty goals that done it, it was us winning 2 points from 21 between Mid-February and Mid-April, when the build up of games clearly took its toll, and they picked up 31 from 33 between the last game in December and Mid-March.

Also Rangers won the league by Mid-February? Really? There was 5 points between Hibs and Rangers going into the last week of February. They won the league when, as stated, we imploded in March.

The majority of games where Rangers won by many goals were early in the season, at this stage, when they were 3 points clear, they had scored 61 goals in 20 games. When they then ran away with the league, they scored 27 goals in 16 games. The difference was that they won many games 1-0/2-0, and only scored more than 2 goals 3 times from here on in.

Winston Ingram
05-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Mainly because we imploded? (Matches piling up, postponed etc). Happy with 1-0 victories if it gets us over the line.

We imploded cos we couldn't score goals. The vast majority of wins up to this stage last year were edgy and by a goal. We were constantly edgily defending set pieces into injury time prior to the implosion. Our collapse was coming.

Ozyhibby
05-01-2017, 08:47 AM
We imploded cos we couldn't score goals. The vast majority of wins up to this stage last year were edgy and by a goal. We were constantly edgily defending set pieces into injury time prior to the implosion. Our collapse was coming.

Failure to put teams away also contributed to the fatigue we suffered. Every week the players had to work hard for the full 95 mins. Being a couple of goals to the good in some games would have allowed us to relax a bit more and see games out.

Jim44
05-01-2017, 09:01 AM
It matters to the argument that they blew everyone away by scoring many more goals than everyone else, however they were in exactly the same position as us this time last year. Easy to say at the end of the season what won them the league, but IMO it wasn't scoring plenty goals that done it, it was us winning 2 points from 21 between Mid-February and Mid-April, when the build up of games clearly took its toll, and they picked up 31 from 33 between the last game in December and Mid-March.

Also Rangers won the league by Mid-February? Really? There was 5 points between Hibs and Rangers going into the last week of February. They won the league when, as stated, we imploded in March.

The majority of games where Rangers won by many goals were early in the season, at this stage, when they were 3 points clear, they had scored 61 goals in 20 games. When they then ran away with the league, they scored 27 goals in 16 games. The difference was that they won many games 1-0/2-0, and only scored more than 2 goals 3 times from here on in.

I think that, irrespective of how many goals scored in their victories, Sevco, over the season, built up a facade of invincibility and most teams expected to lose to them and did. On the other hand, our unconvincing performances and results stamped us yet again with a soft touch reputation which encouraged other teams to fancy their chances every time against us. The result is history.

J-C
05-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Over 36 games last season we lost 3 more and drew 2 more than Rangers, that's a potential 13 lost to them over the season and we were 11 points behind at the end. Also over the last 6 games Rangers got 6 out of a possible 18 points, it also has to be pointed out that Rangers had 29 more goals than us last season, that lack of goals has to make an impact on our points difference.

Nobody in this league fears us, we have a soft spot and teams sussed out our tippy tappy slow build up no width game plan, we need to driv at teams with pace and urgency from the off, not when we go a goal behind.

Peevemor
05-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Over 36 games last season we lost 3 more and drew 2 more than Rangers, that's a potential 13 lost to them over the season and we were 11 points behind at the end. Also over the last 6 games Rangers got 6 out of a possible 18 points, it also has to be pointed out that Rangers had 29 more goals than us last season, that lack of goals has to make an impact on our points difference.

Nobody in this league fears us, we have a soft spot and teams sussed out our tippy tappy slow build up no width game plan, we need to driv at teams with pace and urgency from the off, not when we go a goal behind.

That's a daft thing to say - we've lost only 2 out of 19 games played. We've won 11 and have merited more from the majority of our 6 draws.

Of course teams fear us and they change/up their game accordingly.​

Ozyhibby
05-01-2017, 09:51 AM
That's a daft thing to say - we've lost only 2 out of 19 games played. We've won 11 and have merited more from the majority of our 6 draws.

If we scored more goals we would have got more from those draws.

hibs0666
05-01-2017, 09:52 AM

Of course they fear us. Why do you think they park the bus?

J-C
05-01-2017, 10:10 AM

Of course they fear us. Why do you think they park the bus?

They park the bus because the way we have played over 2 seasons, slow and laborious, it's easy to defend against.

Under Fergie Man U were feared by almost all the EPL teams, when he left that fear vanished and they are now just another top 6 club.

We have the best squad but we never really dominate matches, we generally limp over the line, wait till we go behind before we suddenly come to life or occasionally win 3-0 comfortably. Teams play us with the feeling they can always get something from us, looks at Celtic right now teams will play them thinking how can we stop them winning, rather than how can we beat them, that's the difference.

Peevemor
05-01-2017, 10:11 AM
It's interesting to note (or maybe not) that in the old 1st division in 98/99, after 19 matches we had W12 D5 L2.

How did that end up?

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/team_results_list.php?page=17

J-C
05-01-2017, 10:17 AM
It's interesting to note (or maybe not) that in the old 1st division in 98/99, after 19 matches we had W12 D5 L2.

How did that end up?

And by the end we had only lost 3 games, 5 draws and scored 84 goals.

hibbysam
05-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Failure to put teams away also contributed to the fatigue we suffered. Every week the players had to work hard for the full 95 mins. Being a couple of goals to the good in some games would have allowed us to relax a bit more and see games out.

Now your just making stuff up to contribute to your argument. Playing high intensity matches vs St Johnstone, Hearts x2, Inverness x2, Ross County plus league games Weekend-Midweek-Weekend between end of January and mid-March caused fatigue.

We played 13 games in 40 days, including all of those huge cup ties.

ancient hibee
05-01-2017, 12:23 PM

In in other words two wins at Ibrox would have won us the league.

J-C
05-01-2017, 02:27 PM
In in other words two wins at Ibrox would have won us the league.

Not quite as simple as that but it shows that a good few more goals and some of the losses and draws turned into wins, might have won us the league.

staunchhibby
05-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Thought this about transfers

Juice-Terry
05-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Any transfer news/rumours?

Blaster
05-01-2017, 02:43 PM
John rankin joins QOS from Falkirk

eastmainsmsh
05-01-2017, 03:08 PM
I know a yam holding on to his contract sitting tight but at his current club there is two yams who they are fuds lol

Callum_62
05-01-2017, 03:42 PM
I know a yam holding on to his contract sitting tight but at his current club there is two yams who they are fuds lol

:confused:

ancient hibee
05-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Not quite as simple as that but it shows that a good few more goals and some of the losses and draws turned into wins, might have won us the league.

It's as simple as that unless my arithmetic has failed,a 12 point turnaround.

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-01-2017, 04:57 PM
They park the bus because the way we have played over 2 seasons, slow and laborious, it's easy to defend against.

Under Fergie Man U were feared by almost all the EPL teams, when he left that fear vanished and they are now just another top 6 club.

We have the best squad but we never really dominate matches, we generally limp over the line, wait till we go behind before we suddenly come to life or occasionally win 3-0 comfortably. Teams play us with the feeling they can always get something from us, looks at Celtic right now teams will play them thinking how can we stop them winning, rather than how can we beat them, that's the difference.

And yet, as things stand, we're top of the table.

jacomo
05-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Any transfer news/rumours?

I'm at the airport...

HibbyAndy
05-01-2017, 05:03 PM
I'm at the airport...

:hilarious

:greengrin

Cat Stanton
05-01-2017, 05:31 PM

Is this code?

Leith's finest
05-01-2017, 05:50 PM

Can you explain this so that leithers can understand

J-C
05-01-2017, 05:53 PM
It's as simple as that unless my arithmetic has failed,a 12 point turnaround.

No you are right it was that simple but as we know it is not that simple, dropping points to Dumbarton etc was our downfall.

J-C
05-01-2017, 05:55 PM
And yet, as things stand, we're top of the table.

Thanks for pointing that out, I never noticed.

Big L
05-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Does anybody know any good Albanian midfielders, I'm told their is one training at EM. Not got a name!

Borderhibbie76
05-01-2017, 06:22 PM

We never really.dominate matches?? Your having a laugh mate what games are you watching??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, I never noticed.

Glad to help out :greengrin

bingo70
05-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Does anybody know any good Albanian midfielders, I'm told their is one training at EM. Not got a name!

It's on a different thread, Hair Zaqiri apparently. (Yes, that's his first name, my phones not autocorrected it)

Oscar T Grouch
05-01-2017, 06:26 PM

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317474-new-player

ancient hibee
05-01-2017, 06:38 PM
A bizarre place Albania.Once had a King Zog and Norman Wisdom was a great hero,mainly because of advertising lawn mowers.Midfielders hmm.

J-C
05-01-2017, 07:23 PM
We never really.dominate matches?? Your having a laugh mate what games are you watching??

Dominate as in scoring 3-4 goals a game, not just about possession, no point in having that if we don't score.

HoboHarry
05-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Dominate as in scoring 3-4 goals a game, not just about possession, no point in having that if we don't score.
I must lack your sense of ambition, I would happily settle for winning every game 1-0.

Don Giovanni
05-01-2017, 08:28 PM

How did that end up?

IIRC
* there was no transfer window
* we signed 3 quality players during the season - namely Paatelainen, Latapy and Sauzèe
* we were able to attract this level of talent by paying wages well beyond our competition (and our own limits really)
* with that injection of talent we created more chances, scored more goals and put together an impressive run of results that won us the title

I'm not sure a loan of Commons for a month and Humphrey are enough cavalry this time around?

truehibernian
05-01-2017, 08:32 PM
IIRC
* there was no transfer window
* we signed 3 quality players during the season - namely Paatelainen, Latapy and Sauzèe
* we were able to attract this level of talent by paying wages well beyond our competition (and our own limits really)
* with that injection of talent we created more chances, scored more goals and put together an impressive run of results that won us the title

I'm not sure a loan of Commons for a month and Humphrey are enough cavalry this time around?

I'll go out on a limb and say we'll sign Commons for rest of season, Danny Swanson on a pre-contract, Liam Henderson on a 3 year deal.

w pilton hibby
05-01-2017, 08:49 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say we'll sign Commons for rest of season, Danny Swanson on a pre-contract, Liam Henderson on a 3 year deal.

Three days before Christmas Danny Swanson was looking for an extension of his St Johnstone contract.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/341233/danny-swanson-had-to-stop-his-missus-from-buying-st-johnstone-boss-tommy-wright-a-christmas-present/

truehibernian
05-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Three days before Christmas Danny Swanson was looking for an extension of his St Johnstone contract.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/341233/danny-swanson-had-to-stop-his-missus-from-buying-st-johnstone-boss-tommy-wright-a-christmas-present/

I know - I'm hearing he's stalling and considering Hibs - time will tell and I'd say 50/50.

ancient hibee
05-01-2017, 09:10 PM

Trying to build a bit of competition.

SteveHFC
05-01-2017, 09:12 PM

HoboHarry
05-01-2017, 09:13 PM
You forgot about Leigh Griffiths ya neep.......

truehibernian
05-01-2017, 09:18 PM
You forgot about Leigh Griffiths ya neep.......

Sorry Harry, after all that Rod only has £149,000 and is a grand short for Leigh.

HoboHarry
05-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Sorry Harry, after all that Rod only has £149,000 and is a grand short for Leigh.
******, I'll put up the extra grand to get him home.........

Ronniekirk
05-01-2017, 09:22 PM
Dundee United having already signed Conner Salmon are looking to bring in Danish Striker Thomas Mikkelson ahead of game tomorrow night
Interesting and they are clearly intent on trying to keep thier challenge going

Del Boy
05-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Dundee United having already signed Conner Salmon are looking to bring in Danish Striker Thomas Mikkelson ahead of game tomorrow night
Interesting and they are clearly intent on trying to keep thier challenge going
They never signed Sammon in the end

Ronniekirk
05-01-2017, 09:26 PM
They never signed Sammon in the end

Ah must of missed that Thats why they ate after this guy then

Mibbes Aye
05-01-2017, 09:28 PM
A bizarre place Albania.Once had a King Zog and Norman Wisdom was a great hero,mainly because of advertising lawn mowers.Midfielders hmm.

And reputedly offered their throne to the multi- talented C.B.Fry, who managed to play Test cricket for England, turn out in a FA Cup Final and jointly hold the world long jump record.

Brightside
05-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Ah must of missed that Thats why they ate after this guy then

i wish they had signed him!

J-C
05-01-2017, 09:43 PM
I must lack your sense of ambition, I would happily settle for winning every game 1-0.

So would I but we've already drawn 6 and lost 2, been posted by many posters we needs to score more goals than we do, starting with tomorrow night. :greengrin

greenlex
06-01-2017, 02:21 AM
And reputedly offered their throne to the multi- talented C.B.Fry, who managed to play Test cricket for England, turn out in a FA Cup Final and jointly hold the world long jump record.

Maybe we should be looking at this Fry Guy?

hibeejeebies
06-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Maybe we should be looking at this Fry Guy?

Have mercy mercy mercy...

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-01-2017, 07:32 AM
So would I but we've already drawn 6 and lost 2, been posted by many posters we needs to score more goals than we do, starting with tomorrow night. :greengrin

And still top of the pile :wink: but I'm repeating myself, I know! As long as that's the situation at the end of the season I don't care how we do it.

Here's hoping we can extend our lead tonight though:aok:

P.S Maybe we've Drawn 6, Lost 2 just to annoy the jambo's :cb

theonlywayisup
07-01-2017, 08:43 PM
So after last night's fine victory do we need any more signings? Who's next for the Edinburgh Hibees?

jacomo
07-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Neil Lennon has said maybe one more signing.

Personally I am happy with the squad and would be happy if we stay as we are.

Heisenberg
07-01-2017, 08:46 PM
So after last night's fine victory do we need any more signings? Who's next for the Edinburgh Hibees?

I'd want us to sign a left sided winger to give us more competition and back up in that area. That aside don't think we need much more.

Dibben
07-01-2017, 09:41 PM
I'd want us to sign a left sided winger to give us more competition and back up in that area. That aside don't think we need much more.

Would still love to see Gary MacKay-Steven here... no idea if it will happen!

Eyrie
07-01-2017, 10:03 PM

Agreed.

Last night's formation and tactics were excellent, but we have little back up for Humphrey and Boyle unless we still expect Harris to finally come good. Great if it happens, but being realistic that's unlikely.

neil7908
07-01-2017, 11:24 PM
I'd like to see Holt and Graham replaced with another physical forward but one that's younger and has more of an eye for goal.

That is very unlikely and both have had their moments but I'm not that surprised our best performance this season has been without them in the team.

Given the chances of that are slim to none I think we need more depth at both left and right back. A left winger wouldn't go amiss either!

truehibernian
07-01-2017, 11:32 PM
Would still love to see Gary MacKay-Steven here... no idea if it will happen!

Aaron Doran is more realistic and I think he'd fit perfectly at Hibs.

J-C
08-01-2017, 07:04 AM

Very injury prone though.

Heisenberg
08-01-2017, 07:11 AM

Are we interested in him?

Wilson
08-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Very injury prone though.

Then he'd fit in perfectly at hibs :)

truehibernian
08-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Are we interested in him?

No mate, just always liked him and he is a natural winger - direct, quick and can chip in with goals.

As someone said though, looks like he's made of meringue !

neil7908
08-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Speculation in the papers that we'll struggle to hold onto Commons with clubs in America and the English Championship after him. Apparently we're only paying a tenth of his £20k a week salary so we'd struggle massively to match offers from those leagues.

JDT
08-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Any word on the left back we had on trial from Sunderland?

Heisenberg
08-01-2017, 10:04 AM
No mate, just always liked him and he is a natural winger - direct, quick and can chip in with goals.

As someone said though, looks like he's made of meringue !

Yeah he was brilliant for Inverness a couple of years ago. Injuries seem to have ruined him though.

J-C
08-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Speculation in the papers that we'll struggle to hold onto Commons with clubs in America and the English Championship after him. Apparently we're only paying a tenth of his £20k a week salary so we'd struggle massively to match offers from those leagues.

His fiance is an ambassador for SiMBA, a charity to help couples who have had still born babies, she also set up her own charity Lola Commons Fund after their 1st baby was still born. With all that in her life and their other children happy in education in Glasgow, maybe money isn't the main thing driving Commons nowadays. A decent signing on fee and a wage of £3K pw with the chance to maybe do his coaching badges might be just enough to keep him happy, Lennon said in his post game interview that he gets on very well with Commons and he loves coaching him.

DJ HIBBY
08-01-2017, 10:20 AM
His fiance is an ambassador for SiMBA, a charity to help couples who have had still born babies, she also set up her own charity Lola Commons Fund after their 1st baby was still born. With all that in her life and their other children happy in education in Glasgow, maybe money isn't the main thing driving Commons nowadays. A decent signing on fee and a wage of £3K pw with the chance to maybe do his coaching badges might be just enough to keep him happy, Lennon said in his post game interview that he gets on very well with Commons and he loves coaching him.

This 100%! His wife is indeed settled in Scotland and doesn't wish to move. The move to Hibs has been on the cards for a while. He will sign

southsider
08-01-2017, 10:38 AM

Was talking to a taxi driver last night whose brother is the roads guy and Celtic director Keane. Asked about Liam and the guy said Hibs have expressed an interest. Didn't or wouldn't go any further.

Unseen work
08-01-2017, 11:59 AM
Aaron Doran would fit in with the hibs culture about 3/8 years ago from what I've heard.

Always out in town and hangs about with the wrong folk.

Out of form and out of shape.

Would of taken him a couple of years ago but not now.

hfc rd
08-01-2017, 03:27 PM
I think one more winger is required, ideally on the left. Also if Commons' deal isn't extended and he goes elsewhere then Lennon will probably sign another CAM.

dchibs
08-01-2017, 03:43 PM
I think one more winger is required, ideally on the left. Also if Commons' deal isn't extended and he goes elsewhere then Lennon will probably sign another CAM.

Whats Paddy McCourt doing these days.

Aldo
08-01-2017, 04:05 PM
Whats Paddy McCourt doing these days.

Has taken time out to take care of his sick wife who I believe has cancer!

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-01-2017, 04:35 PM

I agree that his family seem settled in Scotland, however Celtic are currently paying him £18,000 pw to play for Hibs. If an English championship club contacted Celtic and offered to pay £10,000 of his weekly wage then they could accept that. Of course it would be up to Commons to agree to go to that club. He will be paid his £20,000 pw regardless of whether he plays for us or a club with far more money. It's Celtic's contribution that will change.

dchibs
08-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Has taken time out to take care of his sick wife who I believe has cancer!

Sorry to hear that.

J-C
08-01-2017, 08:01 PM
I agree that his family seem settled in Scotland, however Celtic are currently paying him £18,000 pw to play for Hibs. If an English championship club contacted Celtic and offered to pay £10,000 of his weekly wage then they could accept that. Of course it would be up to Commons to agree to go to that club. He will be paid his £20,000 pw regardless of whether he plays for us or a club with far more money. It's Celtic's contribution that will change.

You cannot force a player to go to a club, he must agree to the move, just as you cannot force a player out of the club who's under contract, Lennon will have a huge part to play in this, Commons and he are good friends and work well together, at his stage in his career happiness is a lot in football.

Ryan69
08-01-2017, 09:39 PM
You cannot force a player to go to a club, he must agree to the move, just as you cannot force a player out of the club who's under contract, Lennon will have a huge part to play in this, Commons and he are good friends and work well together, at his stage in his career happiness is a lot in football.

If a championship club came in to loan him...hes gone!

Celtic are currently paying 18k a week for him to play at Hibs.

If they offered half....he would be gone.

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2017, 09:43 PM

Only if he wanted to, which is the point folk are making

scoopyboy
08-01-2017, 09:49 PM

Celtic cannot make Commons go anywhere, end of.

They can stop him going anywhere if they so choose but Commons could simply sit tight and take his full salary from them.

Ryan69
08-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Only if he wanted to, which is the point folk are making

If somebody offers more...he wont be here.

I really hope he is though.
On paper our team....Looks fantastic. LOL

if he gets a crack at championship football...I do believe he will be gone. Nobody else in Scotland though!

Big L
08-01-2017, 10:27 PM
He won't go south, it will be us, if a deal can be done, or he will stay with Celtic!

Ryan69
08-01-2017, 10:36 PM
He won't go south, it will be us, if a deal can be done, or he will stay with Celtic!

Exactly!!

Jim44
08-01-2017, 10:46 PM
The % of wages a club might offer Celtic is neither here nor there, unless the player is willing to move. Celtic have no say in the matter. Where has this sudden likelihood of an English Championship coming in for Commons emanated from? I doubt if there had been requests from clubs down south prior to his arrival at ER. If there had been, is it not likely that he would have taken up the opportunity? I reckon that Commons found a loan to us suited his circumstances and I don't see why the same shouldn't apply to an extension. I suppose there is one way a move south could be brokered. If a club for example offered to pay Celtic a much higher % of his wages, Celtic could pass on some of that money to Commons as an inducement to to go south. Celtic would still benefit financially, as would Commons, but again, I think that's an unlikely scenario.

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Celtic cannot make Commons go anywhere, end of.

They can stop him going anywhere if they so choose but Commons could simply sit tight and take his full salary from them.
But according to Common's agent he apparently is saying its not now in their control

jacomo
08-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Exactly!!

Eh? You've just contradicted yourself!

Jim44
08-01-2017, 10:55 PM
But according to Common's agent he apparently is saying its not now in their control

Is that not a wee porky, wherever it came from? Going out on loan is at the instigation of the player or by mutual agreement between the player and his club. Surely that makes Commons the key element in any future loan arrangement.

Jim44
08-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Exactly!!

:confused:

scoopyboy
08-01-2017, 11:00 PM

And his agent is right, if Celtic say no it doesn't happen.

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Is that not a wee porky, wherever it came from? Going out on loan is at the instigation of the player or by mutual agreement between the player and his club. Surely that makes Commons the key element in any future loan arrangement.
seemed to be a genuine tweet by his agent. I guess it will all become clear in a few days.....

houstonhibbee
08-01-2017, 11:09 PM
can't see Celtic saying no if only option is to pay the full whack

Jim44
08-01-2017, 11:13 PM

Correct, but Celtic can't say, hey Kris, we've arranged a loan deal with Leeds United, get your bags packed. Commons is the common denominator, if you pardon the pun.

J-C
08-01-2017, 11:18 PM
I don't understand why Celtic don't just pay off a % of his wages and let him go now, why keep a player there under contract knowing he'll be gone in the summer and isn't part of the managers plans. It must be costing them more in wages to put him out on loan than to negotiate ending his contract, say 20 weeks at £18k on loan(£360k) or a one off payment of £200k.

Captain Trips
08-01-2017, 11:22 PM
I don't understand why Celtic don't just pay off a % of his wages and let him go now, why keep a player there under contract knowing he'll be gone in the summer and isn't part of the managers plans. It must be costing them more in wages to put him out on loan than to negotiate ending his contract, say 20 weeks at £18k on loan(£360k) or a one off payment of £200k.

I guess KC would have to agree to that. He has been on a good wage and I imagine handled it well but £160k is a lot of money to right off I suppose.

Andy74

Because the player will want the full wage he is entitled to. I'm sure Celtic would be delighted to give him less to leave. We are in the same position with the likes of Stanton and Harris.

BoomtownHibees
Exactly!!

So what's it to be??

Jim44
08-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Because the player will want the full wage he is entitled to. I'm sure Celtic would be delighted to give him less to leave. We are in the same position with the likes of Stanton and Harris.

:agree: I think they had quite a stushie with Bobo Balde several years ago when he sat tight and bled them dry for months in order to get his full contractual entitlement.

GreenLake
08-01-2017, 11:40 PM
Commons did a great job for Celtic and should be rewarded by them and not settled short. They should pay off what he is due.

GreenCastle
09-01-2017, 12:04 AM
Henderson or a left winger would be good..

After the 3-0 win I have a feeling we may not see anyone else.

I think Commons will stay till end of the season.

The Sundance Kid
09-01-2017, 12:21 AM
Kenny Millar tweeted earlier saying that he expected Commons to stay until the end of the season and he's normally pretty spot on when talking about Hibs

Mikey09
09-01-2017, 12:29 AM
Commons will be at Hibs till the end of the season.

truehibernian
09-01-2017, 01:04 AM
Kenny Millar tweeted earlier saying that he expected Commons to stay until the end of the season and he's normally pretty spot on when talking about Hibs

Has he tweeted about Pawlett yet ?

The Sundance Kid
09-01-2017, 01:14 AM
Has he tweeted about Pawlett yet ?

He was asked about Pawlett earlier as well and said something along the lines of he could still see it happening but it was perhaps less likely now that we’ve signed Humphrey

Ryan69
09-01-2017, 10:48 AM
So what's it to be??

I think I explained pretty clearly there.

CapitalGreen
09-01-2017, 10:54 AM

Really?

if he gets a crack at championship football...I do believe he will be gone. Nobody else in Scotland though!

Exactly!!

scoopyboy
09-01-2017, 11:52 AM
I think Ryan Porteous has signed a five year deal.

Not exactly transfer news but good news nevertheless.

Vault Boy
09-01-2017, 11:57 AM

Wow, we must have a lot of confidence in his ability. Good to hear.

3pm
09-01-2017, 12:14 PM

Good news that we have someone to replace Handling, Harris and Stanton on these threads in a couple of years! :greengrin

J-C
09-01-2017, 12:17 PM

A fairly young lad so won't be on much wage wise, a five year deal is fine when wages like his will be low, it was the 4-5 year deals to Harris, Stanton and Handling who will be on decent money which are being questioned, we now can't get them off the books because of this.

Lago
09-01-2017, 12:33 PM
A fairy young lad so won't be on much wage wise, a five year deal is fine when wages like his will be low, it was the 4-5 year deals to Harris, Stanton and Handling who will be on decent money which are being questioned, we now can't get them off the books because of this.
Need to get a "L" in there quick:greengrin

Ken
09-01-2017, 12:53 PM

:agree::top marks

scoopyboy
09-01-2017, 01:03 PM
A fairy young lad so won't be on much wage wise, a five year deal is fine when wages like his will be low, it was the 4-5 year deals to Harris, Stanton and Handling who will be on decent money which are being questioned, we now can't get them off the books because of this.

The boy is highly thought of J-C and is doing well at Edinburgh City and for our Development team.

Somebody watched Edinburgh City on Saturday and posted he didn't play too well against Arbroath but there will be a learning curve.

Albanian Hibs
09-01-2017, 01:18 PM

😂😂😂

GreenPJ
09-01-2017, 01:41 PM

What is decent money?

BoomtownHibees
09-01-2017, 01:42 PM

Yep, clearly

Ozyhibby
09-01-2017, 02:03 PM
What is decent money?

A lot more than the the part time clubs who would be interested in them can afford to pay. That's why they are still here.

jacomo
09-01-2017, 03:44 PM
A lot more than the the part time clubs who would be interested in them can afford to pay. That's why they are still here.

So, basically, any full time contract?

I doubt these three guys will be near the top of our wage structure.

JimBHibees
09-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Good news that we have someone to replace Handling, Harris and Stanton on these threads in a couple of years! :greengrin

Exactly what I was thinking. :greengrin Obviously hope not.

J-C
09-01-2017, 05:19 PM

Haha duly edited.

J-C
09-01-2017, 05:22 PM
What is decent money?

Between £750-£1k pw, when there's 2 years left on a contract getting rid isn't that easy, I think Harris ends this year.

J-C
09-01-2017, 05:24 PM
The boy is highly thought of J-C and is doing well at Edinburgh City and for our Development team.

Somebody watched Edinburgh City on Saturday and posted he didn't play too well against Arbroath but there will be a learning curve.

I keep reading on here how good people think he is, hopefully he can progress trough the ranks.

2016 Delivered
09-01-2017, 05:29 PM
What is decent money?

More money than any of their ability suggests they should be on. Handling is good for a laugh on the cup final DVD but apart from that and a peformance at Livi he's done bugger all to deserve a new deal, before his contract renewal.

snedzuk
09-01-2017, 06:33 PM

Still too near Christmas- noel.

stevie-bee
09-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Seen this on Twitter

Dumbarton keen on signing Stanton perm. Qots, Falkirk & ICT interested in Harris. Pars & Raith keen on Handling. Hibs open to offers.

HibbyAndy
09-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Seen this on Twitter

Dumbarton keen on signing Stanton perm. Qots, Falkirk & ICT interested in Harris. Pars & Raith keen on Handling. Hibs open to offers.

Good stuff.

Brightside
09-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Seen this on Twitter

Copied word for word from the PM Board. poor show by the Hibs transfer boy.

stevie-bee
09-01-2017, 07:37 PM
I can't see any team wanting handling ,unless on loan to prove his fitness,

Marco G
09-01-2017, 08:58 PM
More money than any of their ability suggests they should be on. Handling is good for a laugh on the cup final DVD but apart from that and a peformance at Livi he's done bugger all to deserve a new deal, before his contract renewal.
But it aint easy to deserve a new deal when you have had horrendous injuries? What could he have done when he is not playing?

Theinsider
09-01-2017, 09:09 PM

Sorry underscore, in his defence I lifted it from there. Should have stated that on the PM board.

Iceman1875
10-01-2017, 09:03 AM
I can see Harris and Handling moving on. I believe Stanton and Forster had something to offer. Has Eardley gone? I saw on twitter we are interested in Paul Caddis? Ex Celtic right back...

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2017, 10:54 AM
Apparently the Daily Rangers running with a story that QPR want Cummings...but Kenny Millar from Sun has tweeted to say Hibs won't sell and Cummings won't agitate for a move

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2017, 06:16 PM
When does this mofo slam shut?

HibbySpurs
10-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Apparently the Daily Rangers running with a story that QPR want Cummings...but Kenny Millar from Sun has tweeted to say Hibs won't sell and Cummings won't agitate for a move

Daily ranger in trying to unsettle Hibs squad shocker... nut.

Total rag of a "paper".

theonlywayisup
12-01-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm not expecting much Hibs news over the next week or so, but with a couple of ins/outs towards the end of the window.

offshorehibby
12-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Hibernian FC ‏@HibsOfficial 6m6 minutes ago
READ | Neal Eardley has joined Northampton Town following the expiry of his short term deal at Hibernian: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7157

JimBHibees
12-01-2017, 02:51 PM
READ | Neal Eardley has joined Northampton Town following the expiry of his short term deal at Hibernian: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7157

Wonder if we will bring in a replacement.

Michael
12-01-2017, 03:07 PM
When does this mofo slam shut?

It gently closes on January 31st.

Big L
12-01-2017, 03:19 PM

He might have Big Yogi as his manager, he' one of the fav's for the job.

Hibernia&Alba
12-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Everton have signed Morgan Schneiderlin for £24 million

superfurryhibby
12-01-2017, 04:15 PM
Wonder if we will bring in a replacement.

Humphrey spent most of his time at Preston playing right wing back. He and Forster are able to cover Gray. I'd be more inclined to look at the other side of the field. A wide left wide left player would satisfy me this window.

CMurdoch
12-01-2017, 04:19 PM
We don't need any more new players signed up for this season (other than Commons).
What we do need to do is get Fyvie and McGregor signed up ASAP (contracts end this season).

Big L
12-01-2017, 06:19 PM
We don't need any more new players signed up for this season (other than Commons).
What we do need to do is get Fyvie and McGregor signed up ASAP (contracts end this season).

This!

McD
12-01-2017, 07:10 PM

Isn't David Gray out of contract at the end of this season as well?

21sMay
12-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Isn't David Gray out of contract at the end of this season as well?

A 30 year contract should be handed to sir David .(and just Incase anyone doubts this ,I'm 100 percent serious) delivered what no other player/captain did in a verrrrrryyyyy long time

Nicho87
12-01-2017, 11:23 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/championship/neil-lennon-dumbarton-is-trickiest-venue-in-championship-1-4338363

Article suggesting Commons is still on hibs books and last game is Saturday.

Brightside
12-01-2017, 11:29 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/championship/neil-lennon-dumbarton-is-trickiest-venue-in-championship-1-4338363

Article suggesting Commons is still on hibs books and last game is Saturday.

correct.