PDA

View Full Version : Jean-Yves M'voto

High-On-Hibs
26-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Absolutely commanded the Raith Rovers defence and prevented 3-4 certain goals, not to mention getting their goal. A strong towering figure who dealt with every cross with ease.

Worth keeping an eye on?

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2016, 07:47 PM
We have 3 better central defenders.

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Absolutely commanded the Raith Rovers defence and prevented 3-4 certain goals, not to mention getting their goal. A strong towering figure who dealt with every cross with ease.

Worth keeping an eye on?

Thought he and the other Raith central defender were Colin Nish in the first half. Looked jittery and slow, regularly caught out of position, and gifted us a few chances. Of course we couldn't take them, but that's who we are.

B.H.F.C
26-12-2016, 07:48 PM
We walked through the middle of their defence about 6 times in the first half but our finishing was brutal.

hibby6270
26-12-2016, 07:51 PM
He was Rob Jones-esque imo which is the best compliment I can give.
Jeez - even MrsHibby6270 commented after the game that "he was really good".:greengrin

That said, it's not really our defence that needs strengthening this season. Maybe, as you say, 'one to watch' for our assault on the Premiership next season?:agree:

Famous Fiver
26-12-2016, 07:55 PM
We played right into his barrow. Tippy tappy played in front of him. He turns more slowly than the Queen Mary. Only when nippy forward (Boyle) came on did we play him properly.

Been said on here by many on here, get nippy wingers turning defenders instead of prodding the ball forward into a packed area where defenders are lined up waiting.

Over to you Mr L.

High-On-Hibs
26-12-2016, 08:05 PM

Not so sure we do tbh.

fat freddy
26-12-2016, 08:06 PM
I thought their other centre back , Beneditcus was excellent, won most of his challenges and always positioned himself in the correct areas, even late in the second half after sustaining an injury that forced him to hobble through the last few minutes, he was able to get himself in good positions to clear a couple of crosses from the right. Wouldnt swap either of their two for our two though.

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Not so sure we do tbh.Based on 1 game? The first time he kicked the ball into touch at ER he'd be getting pelters. We have 3 much better players at the back than him.

hibbydog
26-12-2016, 08:52 PM
A big lump with very little football skills. Get him turning and running back towards his own goal and he looked pretty dodgy.

No point signing him. He wouldn't improve our team

snooky
26-12-2016, 09:01 PM
I thought the guy did quite good however, at this time we should be focusing on strengthening our current weaknesses not our current strengths.

Ozyhibby
26-12-2016, 09:04 PM
He had a good game but we can't waste any of our resources bringing in defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2016, 09:07 PM
He had a good game but we can't waste any of our resources bringing in defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree:

easty
26-12-2016, 09:44 PM

Correct

CallumHibs07
26-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Just because some diddy teams players have a good game against us doesn't mean we should sign them all. We should be looking at much better.

greenlex
26-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Defence isn't the problem and hes no better than we have.

john18722
26-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Just because some diddy teams players have a good game against us doesn't mean we should sign them all. We should be looking at much better.

I agree. My mate is a season ticket holder at Raith who was at the game and said that's the best M'Voto has ever played for Raith and that he is usually a bomb scare.

Diclonius
26-12-2016, 11:03 PM
We have three excellent centre backs. Defending goals is not our problem.

High-On-Hibs
26-12-2016, 11:14 PM
We have three excellent centre backs. Defending goals is not our problem.

If they're so excellent. Why do we look like conceding everytime the opposition reach our final third? I only recall Raith pressing us several times in the game, but those several times they pressed us, they looked like they were going to score each time. If that shot that the Raith player had about half an hour to take on the edge of the box didn't smack of the crossbar, we'd have lost for sure.

I think our defence have had an easy time against opposition that are happy to sit back for a point. But whenever they actually do start to press, we don't look too clever.

GreenCastle
26-12-2016, 11:20 PM
Would sign both their wingers - thought they caused us problems and something we are missing in our team - direct - quick - wide players.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-12-2016, 01:14 AM
I thought their other centre back , Beneditcus was excellent, won most of his challenges and always positioned himself in the correct areas, even late in the second half after sustaining an injury that forced him to hobble through the last few minutes, he was able to get himself in good positions to clear a couple of crosses from the right. Wouldnt swap either of their two for our two though.

No 6 with the Hibs hairdo? He was very good.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2016, 01:24 AM
If they're so excellent. Why do we look like conceding everytime the opposition reach our final third? I only recall Raith pressing us several times in the game, but those several times they pressed us, they looked like they were going to score each time. If that shot that the Raith player had about half an hour to take on the edge of the box didn't smack of the crossbar, we'd have lost for sure.

I think our defence have had an easy time against opposition that are happy to sit back for a point. But whenever they actually do start to press, we don't look too clever.
They look pretty clever only conceding 10 goals in 18 games.
15 years since Hibs have had 3 solid central defenders like the current 3 IMO

RIP Bestie
27-12-2016, 02:24 AM

Worth keeping an eye on?

Naw

Onion
27-12-2016, 08:01 AM

Worth keeping an eye on?

Was my MOTM and a real standout. If he plays like that most weeks, should be at a higher level.

Fife-Hibee
27-12-2016, 09:42 AM

Worth keeping an eye on?

Easily their best player, I thought . Saved them so many times!