PDA

View Full Version : Only an excuse this year.

Spike Mandela
26-12-2016, 02:56 PM
How will this truly awful program reflect on our historical cup win this year?

Will it feature humour on Hibs fans shock and disbelief, will it take the Daily ****** view of the biggest pitch battle since the Somme or gloss over it completely for a Frank MacAvennie 'burdz' joke?

My guess is the entire Sevco team in changing room with crutches, stookies and slings.

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 03:01 PM

Will it feature humour on Hibs fans shock and disbelief, will it take the Daily ****** view of the biggest pitch battle since the Somme or gloss over it completely for a Frank MacAvennie 'burdz' joke?

My guess is the entire Sevco team in changing room with crutches, stookies and slings.

Probably won't even mention it.

Glory Lurker
26-12-2016, 03:02 PM
I can tell you now that, apart from the Judy Murray bit, it is going to be the usual pile of guff that it always is (no, I haven't seen it). It's incredible that this fetid joke-free-zone garbage still exists. I reckon it only gets commissioned as a unionist ploy to damage national self-confidence (I think I am joking, but not sure).

Pretty Boy
26-12-2016, 03:03 PM
'Vewy pwoud'

Ranger joke

'Where's ra burdz'

Celtic joke

'Mumble, mumble , mumble' ' Kenny Dalglish

Rangers joke

'Fit like, furry boot etc' - Denis Law

Celtic joke

Token non Glasgow joke

'That was supertastic' - Charlie Nicholas

Ranger joke

'Thanks Charlie' - Jim White

Celtic joke

Haw haw haw

Rangers joke

Gordon Strachan content

Celtic joke

Nonsensical and irrelevant Salmond and Sturgeon joke

Rangers joke

Token non Glasgow joke

Big finish featuring Celtic, Rangers and at least 1 of those already mentioned above.

26-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Will be the same old script. Celtic and Rangers jokes over and over again, the odd clip of another team then back to celtic and rangers.

I quite like the show but it's getting boring as its the same jokes and same impressions every year and as I say too focused on the OF and nobody else.

northstandhibby
26-12-2016, 03:08 PM
I can tell you now that, apart from the Judy Murray bit, it is going to be the usual pile of guff that it always is (no, I haven't seen it). It's incredible that this fetid joke-free-zone garbage still exists. I reckon it only gets commissioned as a unionist ploy to damage national self-confidence (I think I am joking, but not sure).

I'm with you on it. Never watched it last year and won't be this year either. Can't stand bigot humor.

Glory Glory

Keith_M
26-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Way past it's 'cancel by date'.

There's a whole generation out there that have no idea who Frank McAvennie is, and the rest of us have heard every possible joke they could possibly have about him.

26-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Way past it's 'cancel by date'.

There's a whole generation out there that have no idea who Frank McAvennie is, and the rest of us have heard every possible joke they could possibly have about him.

The Frank McAvennie patter is the same EVERY year as is the Fergie, Dalgleish, Law, Strachan, Charlie Nicholas, Jim White etc patter. Same jokes just a slightly different context. Time for the guy to freshen it up. As you say, the younger generation probably dont have a clue who McAvennie is.

where'stheslope
26-12-2016, 04:24 PM
'Vewy pwoud'

Ranger joke

'Where's ra burdz'

Celtic joke

Rangers joke

Celtic joke

Token non Glasgow joke

Ranger joke

Celtic joke

Haw haw haw

Rangers joke

Gordon Strachan content

Celtic joke

Rangers joke

Token non Glasgow joke

Big finish featuring Celtic, Rangers and at least 1 of those already mentioned above.

NAW! It will be nothing like that!

Your script is much better!!!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Only an Excuse is like TV Sprouts. Part of Christmas and only needs to be consumed once a year. Whether you like it or not doesn't matter.

snooky
26-12-2016, 05:12 PM

Material akin to a worn out 78 - even older than the traditional worn out 45

Diclonius
26-12-2016, 05:18 PM
There will only be a joke about the pitch invasion (if anything) and if it is the focus will be 100% on Rangers.

It'll be the usual pish from a man who is convinced football in Scotland doesn't exist outside Glasgow.

heretoday
26-12-2016, 06:24 PM
I'll not be watching. I have better things to do at Hogmanay.

Joe6-2
26-12-2016, 06:50 PM

Certainty!

Mr White
26-12-2016, 07:03 PM
It's a wasted opportunity really as a satirical review of the year in Scottish football has the potential to be good if done well. Even before it became a parody of itself OAE didn't ever really do that. It did at least used to have it's moments though.

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2016, 07:21 PM
I love eighties nostalgia. I'll be tuning in.

hibbymick
26-12-2016, 07:31 PM
I wonder what this Jonathon Watson guy does wi his time the rest of the year. :rolleyes:

Northernhibee
26-12-2016, 07:34 PM
The most juvenile, unfunny, out of date rubbish on TV.

Famous Fiver
26-12-2016, 08:13 PM
How about a rerun of the Warburton song with Jack and Victor doing the slosh?

Or the Halliday song?

Naw, they'll photoshop Leeann sitting on the bar.

hhibs
26-12-2016, 08:48 PM
There will only be a joke about the pitch invasion (if anything) and if it is the focus will be 100% on Rangers.

It'll be the usual pish from a man who is convinced football in Scotland doesn't exist outside Glasgow.

Could not agree more !

Carheenlea
26-12-2016, 09:24 PM
I wonder what this Jonathon Watson guy does wi his time the rest of the year. :rolleyes:

You really don't know how lucky you are if you have not had the misfortune of viewing "Two Doors Down".

Tomsk
27-12-2016, 05:33 PM

Polishing his script.

Naw?

Fair enough.

Speedway
27-12-2016, 05:41 PM
'Vewy pwoud'

Ranger joke

'Where's ra burdz'

Celtic joke

Rangers joke

Celtic joke

Token non Glasgow joke

Ranger joke

Celtic joke

Haw haw haw

Rangers joke

Gordon Strachan content

Celtic joke

Rangers joke

Token non Glasgow joke

Exactly that but with Frank McAvennie with oversized teeth in Sid James style perving at someone much younger.

Only the 'impressionist' still knows who Frank McAvennie is...including Frank McAvennie.

snooky
27-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Exactly that but with Frank McAvennie with oversized teeth in Sid James style perving at someone much younger.

Only the 'impressionist' still knows who Frank McAvennie is...including Frank McAvennie.

Agreed, I've seen the orig. Frank McAvennie at a sportsmen's dinner and he was absolutely brilliant,
but he's not as good as Jonathon Watson at impersonating Frank McAvennie.

Brizo
27-12-2016, 05:56 PM
I'd imagine the only people who watch this now are Daily ****** reading low IQ weedgies who still find jokes about characters who've not been in the game for thirty years and cringe worthy 1970s style Pope / King Billy "banter" hilarious.

Hamish
27-12-2016, 06:05 PM
You really don't know how lucky you are if you have not had the misfortune of viewing "Two Doors Down".

Agree 100%. Horrendous programme.

So bad that I would rather watch A League of Their Own. That's only dreadful.

Captain Trips
27-12-2016, 06:28 PM
This had its time about 15-20 years ago when the impressions were of that time.

It has now been for some years about as funny as a mouth full of wasps.

Kavinho
27-12-2016, 06:33 PM
Guaranteed a lot of folk saying they'll "no be watching it, its murder", will be back on shortly after it finishes saying, "that was murder, why did I watch that"

O'Rourke3
27-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Guaranteed a lot of folk saying they'll "no be watching it, its murder", will be back on shortly after it finishes saying, "that was murder, why did I watch that"

another 10 pager as well.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-12-2016, 07:56 PM
An absolute dinosaur of a programme, not watched it for years.

The Green Goblin
27-12-2016, 09:21 PM
It would be funny if someone did a piss-take of how bad the programme is, with a satirical version of the programme itself. :greengrin

northstandhibby
27-12-2016, 09:30 PM
It would be funny if someone did a piss-take of how bad the programme is, with a satirical version of the programme itself. :greengrin

Cut a football in half, stick it on the head of whoever was presenting the parody and you'd be halfway there to having a funnier show than the bigot humor 'patter' of Only an excuse.

Glory Glory

The Green Goblin
27-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Cut a football in half, stick it on the head of whoever was presenting the parody and you'd be halfway there to having a funnier show than the bigot humor 'patter' of Only an excuse.

Glory Glory

Agreed :agree:, I just think it would be good to see someone rip it to shreds for the load of utter pish that it is.

ballengeich
27-12-2016, 10:01 PM
I wish someone would come up with an original comment about this program. I've been reading the same complaints for twenty years.

Hibby Bairn
27-12-2016, 10:07 PM
They need more modern day characters to work material with. Maybe Rudi Skacel and Hibs fans 😎

Pretty Boy
27-12-2016, 10:12 PM

I think it was a bit of a tradition to watch it on hogmanay and a few still hang onto that. There may be a few who also hold a forlorn hope that it will recapture the days when it was actually decent, it's radio heyday and early tv appearances when Tony Roper et al still played a part.

Personally I'll happily admit I record it and watch it a few days later just to have a moan. The thread complaining about it is usually funnier than the programme and it's nice to be able to join in properly. Not really worth taking all that sriously imo.

Tomsk
27-12-2016, 10:27 PM
I wish someone would come up with an original comment about this program. I've been reading the same complaints for twenty years.

... and they are never complete without just this sort of comment.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2016, 10:29 PM

The same complaints about the same material seems ok to me?

ballengeich
27-12-2016, 10:31 PM
... and they are never complete without just this sort of comment.

:greengrin

28-12-2016, 02:12 PM

You would think they would take note then wouldn't you? The show has the potential to be half decent if it wasn't so OF orientated and didn't constantly re-use the same jokes.

The Green Goblin
28-12-2016, 06:13 PM

What do you think of the program?

Colr
28-12-2016, 06:37 PM

Does anyone know who Frank MacAvennie is anymore?

Curly1875
28-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Does anyone know who Frank MacAvennie is anymore?

Who?

Colr
28-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Who?

Had a mucky restuarant in Glasgow wow r week or two in the 90s

Carheenlea
29-12-2016, 11:24 PM
A taster for what's in store - hold on to your sides.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCScotland/status/814501258555838464

California-Hibs
30-12-2016, 07:38 AM

How utterly cringeworthy is that btw!!

Northernhibee
30-12-2016, 07:49 AM

Aren't impressionists supposed to sound and look like who they're supposed to be? Also, aren't comedy shows supposed to be funny?

Pretty Boy
30-12-2016, 08:04 AM

Yas! At least 1 correct on my list already, I also saw a TV advert with him tottering about in high heels so I'm assuming that was Sturgeon so that's 2.

Jack Hackett
30-12-2016, 03:13 PM

not having seen the show before, I am now faced with a dilemma....scour the internet for old shows to download, or sit in a bath of battery acid whilst poking red hot pins in my eyes.

Option 2 is nudging ahead.

northstandhibby
30-12-2016, 03:17 PM

Simply Horrible. Terrible patter.

Won't be watching thank goodness.

Glory Glory

Moulin Yarns
30-12-2016, 05:00 PM
There's a reason why it's on once a year on Hogmanay. It appeals to pished weegies.

BullsCloseHibs
30-12-2016, 05:31 PM
I record this every year and every year I cannot be ersed watching it as it's more predictable than seeing a cloud in the sky. Time this tired tv 'show' was kicked into touch.

BullsCloseHibs
30-12-2016, 05:32 PM
There's a reason why it's on once a year on Hogmanay. It appeals to pished weegies.

I'm not so sure it does tbh. Not all of them anyway.

Broken Gnome
30-12-2016, 05:41 PM

Why does he bring out that same ridiculous gurning face for every single bloody character he does now?

Really is smug, self-satisfied Weegie pish now, having been was until he started looking so bloody pleased with himself. The live video from '95 is about the funniest thing BBC Scotland's ever put its name to.

NAE NOOKIE
30-12-2016, 06:18 PM
There's enough happened in Scottish football this year to make for a funny programme. Hibs winning the Scottish cup and the pitch invasion, a team from a highland village winning the league cup, Dundee Utd getting relegated Hetz building a new stand and even Sevco finally making it into the top division for the first time could at least make for some original old firm material.

Instead of that it will be the usual tired auld keech with the same tired auld characters spouting the same recycled jokes (?) ...... I will probably end up watching it on catch up, but I'm as confident of it being original or funny as I am of Billy Bragg voting Tory.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2016, 06:34 PM
There's enough happened in Scottish football this year to make for a funny programme. Hibs winning the Scottish cup and the pitch invasion, a team from a highland village winning the league cup, Dundee Utd getting relegated Hetz building a new stand and even Sevco finally making it into the top division for the first time could at least make for some original old firm material.

Instead of that it will be the usual tired auld keech with the same tired auld characters spouting the same recycled jokes (?) ...... I will probably end up watching it on catch up, but I'm as confident of it being original or funny as I am of Billy Bragg voting Tory.

I think you're right with the pitch invasion they will labour the point on what it meant and Why folks were on the pitch (I was on the pitch cos I'm a Hibby and it's ending 114 years of hurt, I'm a Hun and on the pitch to defend the queens people and our right to walk on her highways, I wiz on the pitch cos I'm a bam and thought it was a Wembley 77 remake) - probably featuring Griffiths cameo as well.

MichaelTheCelt
30-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Was watching old clips on youtube and thought it was much funnier back then, maybe it is nostalgia that makes me feel that way but it's totally pish now.

McD
30-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Was watching old clips on youtube and thought it was much funnier back then, maybe it is nostalgia that makes me feel that way but it's totally pish now.

Not sure how far back you were watching, it seemed funnier when Tony Roper was a major part of it. I think going back to those days (20+ years ago), there was more current characters/people/players (Jim White, Souness, Gerry McNee, Steve Fulton, Chick Young, Dougie Donnelly, Darren Jackson, Fergus McCann, Archie McPherson, Walter Smith, etc) to take the piss out of, or parody, as well as one-off occurrences throughout the year to make use of.

These days it's the same tired worn characters like McAvennie who aren't current or relevant at all.

I also wonder if there's a few people in reasonably high profile positions who've quietly warned the Beeb they'll take matters further if they were to be seen in a disparaging way, and the Beeb don't want to rock the boat too much.

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2016, 08:19 PM
The problem is that these guys are ancient, as are their gags. It's no longer last century. It's like going to an old folks home, listening to demented jakies slaver nonsense. As has been said, it should appeal to enough pished middle aged weedgies so inebriated they won't know what century they are in, but will have a limited attraction to anybody sentient. I've long since put my shift in with this Tom Kite. Will avoid like the plague but enjoy the car-crash stuff from the brave on here who sit through it to offer a critique. That is really taking one for the team.

30-12-2016, 08:54 PM

EVERY year there is more than enough material to make it more than just about the OF but they still choose to re-run more of the same OF "jokes".

Glory Lurker
31-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Is this rubbish on yet?

pedroorange1875
31-12-2016, 11:08 PM
pathetic already

PISTOL1875
31-12-2016, 11:09 PM
I've turned it on and so far its been keek

Del Boy
31-12-2016, 11:14 PM
As bad as ever

Hamish
31-12-2016, 11:20 PM
I've turned it on and so far its been keek

It's not anywhere as good as keek.

Billychaotic182
31-12-2016, 11:21 PM
Changed it. Same Jokes every year and only rangers and Celtic jokes

flash
I haven't even smiled yet.

Jack Hackett
As bad as ever

Some things in the 21st century are just awesome....I have over 200 alternative channels to choose from :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
31-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Oh dear. This is awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
31-12-2016, 11:24 PM
Mostly crap but funniest for years as far as I'm concerned.

Billy McKirdy
31-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Two Trainspotting junkies hallucinations about Hibs winning the cup, dire stuff

PISTOL1875
31-12-2016, 11:28 PM
30 minutes wasted

pedroorange1875
31-12-2016, 11:30 PM
needs to be stopped now

Mon Dieu4
31-12-2016, 11:30 PM
Anything that has canned laughter telling you that you should be laughing is automatically not funny and pish

calumhibee1
31-12-2016, 11:31 PM
That was the worst yet.

oldbutdim
31-12-2016, 11:33 PM
Embarrassingly unfunny.

McD
31-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Absolutely awful....the Hibs Scottish cup (singular) gag was painfully obvious from the second it came on. Didn't even crack a smile.

does Jonathan Watson have embarrassing pictures of someone high up at the BBC or something? This should have been put out to pasture a long time ago

Golden Bear
31-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Ach it's now traditional to be crap. We would be disappointed if it wasn't.

High-On-Hibs
31-12-2016, 11:41 PM
Glad I forgot about this trash completely. Been watching Pulp Fiction instead.

Saturday Boy
31-12-2016, 11:41 PM
I must be getting old. It was cr*p, but better than the last few years. I think avoiding football, for the most part, worked.

As an aside, they estimate 13 billion ? I thought I heard them say tv viewers worldwide for the Edinburgh New Year, but BBC Scotland are in Glasgow and STV are in Dundee.

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-12-2016, 11:42 PM
30 minutes wasted

Ditto

What an embarrassment

marinello59
31-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Brilliant stuff. Best one yet. The drugs do work.

HoboHarry
31-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Brilliant stuff. Best one yet. The drugs do work.
:faf:

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2016, 11:52 PM
I must be getting old. It was cr*p, but better than the last few years. I think avoiding football, for the most part, worked.

As an aside, they estimate 13 billion ? I thought I heard them say tv viewers worldwide for the Edinburgh New Year, but BBC Scotland are in Glasgow and STV are in Dundee.
There's not even 13 billion people on the planet 😂

Sevconomics.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Stax
31-12-2016, 11:53 PM
Stumbled on on it by accident. Embarrassing doesn't even begin to describe it. Stereotypical dirge.

Waxy
31-12-2016, 11:55 PM
An excuse for a tv show.

HoboHarry
31-12-2016, 11:55 PM

Sevconomics.

Aye there are. 12 billion of them are Hearts fans.......

Apparently.........

Saturday Boy
31-12-2016, 11:59 PM

Sevconomics.

I really should watch the tv with the sound turned up. You'd be amazed at what I think I heard

CropleyWasGod
01-01-2017, 12:09 AM
I really should watch the tv with the sound turned up. You'd be amazed at what I think I heard
Half past 4

Saturday Boy
01-01-2017, 12:11 AM
Half past 4

I heard that, pardon.

With apologies to uncle Mort. (Only really old people will remember him)

Saturday Boy
01-01-2017, 12:32 AM
For any black bun and shortbread munchers among us, BBC Alba Hogmanay show is on until 1:30 . I'm off to move the couch. The dancing bug has got me :banana::banana::banana:

J-C
01-01-2017, 12:33 AM
I watched 10 mins then switched over, absolute drivel.

James70
01-01-2017, 12:36 AM
No excuse more like, totally obsessed with the Old Firm and Frankie boy. Long past it's sell by date though I did like the Nicla sketch.

Saturday Boy
01-01-2017, 12:45 AM
Blue Rose Code on now. I love Alba.

DJ HIBBY
01-01-2017, 12:45 AM
To me it's no even a football show anymore! More non-football political "jokes" nowadays! Was cringe from start the finish

Frogga
01-01-2017, 01:11 AM
I thought it was a big improvement on previous years. Not perfect by a long way but gave us a few good laughs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sprouleflyer
01-01-2017, 01:19 AM
Better playing re-runs of Scotch and Wry!!

poolman
01-01-2017, 01:29 AM
I watched 10 mins then switched over, absolute drivel.

Have to agree, loady schoolboy pish

JennaFletcher
01-01-2017, 01:34 AM
I actually thought it was quite funny and better than previous years! I was almost in tears at the Nicola Sturgeon impression but then again I was about 5 drinks in :greengrin

Colr
01-01-2017, 01:39 AM
Just watching Joolz Holland. Was like a zombie sing-a-long. Some good adverts for healthy living amongst the washed up has beens on offer!

heretoday
01-01-2017, 01:45 AM
We only saw Frankie Boy at the very end.
The Andre Rieu musical bit was quite funny.
Otherwise Old Firm stuff.
Better than in previous years.

HappyAsHellas
01-01-2017, 01:47 AM
I think it was John Cooper Clark who used the line "funny as a death at a birthday party". Pretty much sums up OAE for me. Frank McAvennie? Really? Barry Ferguson?????? Thank christ there's drink on the go.

southsider
01-01-2017, 02:37 AM
Better playing re-runs of Scotch and Wry!!

Right Stirling oot the car

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2017, 02:47 AM
In my opinion it was a football satire show. In it's heyday, on Radio and early BBC1, there was never any political avenue. Why Nicola Surgeon? Woeful, as per the last few years and Frank McAvennie...really! :rolleyes: I think Jonathan Watson needs to find himself another gig.

hibby6270
01-01-2017, 02:53 AM
Ach. It was OK this year.
At least we got a mention, even if it was obvious before the punchline.:greengrin

Centre Hawf
01-01-2017, 04:22 AM
Worst one in years for me. Nicola impression was decent but where was the joke? Old Firm jokes were not bad but nothing special and I got bored seeing and hearing about them again as I do every year. "Make St Mirren great again" was funny or maybe I was just happy to hear about one of the non old firm teams for the first time in ten minutes.

heretoday
01-01-2017, 05:24 AM
In my opinion it was a football satire show. In it's heyday, on Radio and early BBC1, there was never any political avenue. Why Nicola Surgeon? Woeful, as per the last few years and Frank McAvennie...really! :rolleyes: I think Jonathan Watson needs to find himself another gig.

I know but he's become a bit of a BBC institution, however corny. The other channels don't have one.

And after all, who gives a monkey's at this time of year?

Chip shop Joe
01-01-2017, 08:41 AM
I actually thought it was not too bad this year. Much better than previous years which granted is not saying much!

Pretty Boy
01-01-2017, 09:23 AM
The Scottish Pope? Boings of Sprinboing? No idea if it got any better as I turned it off as soon as I saw 'Frankie Boy' creeping up behind Judy Murray.

JimBHibees
01-01-2017, 09:32 AM
So much scope after our cup win but next to no mention. Old firm stuff and McAvennie and Barry dear oh dear.

McD
01-01-2017, 09:36 AM
The Scottish Pope? Boings of Sprinboing? No idea if it got any better as I turned it off as soon as I saw 'Frankie Boy' creeping up behind Judy Murray.

Did I miss a joke with the 'boings of springboing' thing? I couldn't see what on earth that was on about

Onion
01-01-2017, 09:51 AM

:agree: Target audience is mid-old aged Old Firm fans who are stuck in the 70's. It was Daily Record TV.

Waxy
01-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Did I miss a joke with the 'boings of springboing' thing? I couldn't see what on earth that was on about

I was wondering the same. They've now completely ran out of jokes so they're doing politics, tennis and get the sprinboing thing in first so everyone forgets about it.

mcfly
01-01-2017, 10:51 AM
It was a load of rubbish and should be scrapped

Embarrassing

Carheenlea
01-01-2017, 11:36 AM
What's the springboing gag some are talking of? I'm out the country so was spared of viewing.

Dr Jimmy
01-01-2017, 11:46 AM
:agree: It was Daily Record TV.

Perfect description.

The programme is Utter Tom Kite.

Beefster
01-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Everyone thinks it's pish but puts it on every year so that they can double-check.

Pretty Boy
01-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Everyone thinks it's pish but puts it on every year so that they can double-check.

Which is probably why they keep making it.

vuefrom1875
01-01-2017, 12:21 PM
The most juvenile, unfunny, out of date rubbish on TV.

Weggie p#sh!

CockneyRebel
01-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Right Stirling oot the car

The pilots just gone oot (the Gallowgate Gourmet)

Good watter this (the Reverend I M Jolly)

Ricky Fulton - class. My son still has a VHS tape of 6 shows but nowt to play it on, must get it transferred to DVD.

lucky
01-01-2017, 12:34 PM
It was better than the last few years but it's time they put the show to bed.

tamig
01-01-2017, 12:44 PM
I heard that, pardon.

With apologies to uncle Mort. (Only really old people will remember him)

I'm not that old but I didn't know you cared 😀

tamig
01-01-2017, 12:46 PM
No excuse more like, totally obsessed with the Old Firm and Frankie boy. Long past it's sell by date though I did like the Nicla sketch.

That did make me chuckle 😁

Glory Lurker
01-01-2017, 12:49 PM

I don't watch it but will still say it's rubbish. One year it'll be good (million monkeys/typewriters) and I'll be caught out. :greengrin

Ricky Bobby
01-01-2017, 12:50 PM
Recorded it last night and just watched it this morning. You would think there would be plenty of material for Watson with the personalities in the Scottish game just now. Apart from Warburton and Rodgers it was the same tired old stuff. He needs to get himself a gag writer ( Frankie Boyle would add a bit of spice). And he needs to move out of Glasgow. The world does not end when you pass the showcase cinema.

Hibspirational
01-01-2017, 01:04 PM
Who was the blonde in the library suppose to be?

blaikie
01-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Who was the blonde in the library suppose to be?

Michelle Mone

The non football sketches were the best part .... And that says something!

NAE NOOKIE
01-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Just watched it on catch up ..... utter pish apart from the mobile phone joke which was quite funny.

What the hell was the bouncy castle gag relating to? Who was the guy on the boat supposed to be?, no idea and you could see the punchline coming a mile away ... talking of which, where was the Sturgeon sketch punchline? And Millport, highly amusing if yer ma & da used to take you 'doon the water' when the 'ferrr' wus oan I suppose. Then you have the Edinburgh v Glasgow auld years night comparison sketch .... F me, that wasn't predictable.

Apart from that, the usual suspects, I mean Frank McAvennie, really? ... even he's bloody forgotten who he is and the usual 90% ugly sisters in the football content ..... and the Hibs and Aberdeen jokes were lame.

This is what you get when you let the Glasgow mafia run the BBC ....... The whole thing is aimed at a west coast audience, as somebody said "Daily Record television" .... If this is the best they can come up with working with a years worth of sport and news they should make hunting for some new writing talent an urgent priority.

cleanyman
01-01-2017, 01:53 PM
I live in Springboig

What was the bouncy castle all about

HappyHanlon
01-01-2017, 03:02 PM
It was the usual pish but I did find myself laughing at the Whisky retakes

01-01-2017, 03:06 PM
I thought this years was dreadful! I normally (as repetitive as it is) quite like it but this years was pish.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2017, 12:15 PM
Surely it is time to let Peter Houston take over? He could save up all his post match interviews and then edit them down to the best ones for a New Year special?

silverhibee
03-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Utter pish as usual.

Hibbyradge
03-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Best joke on that show was from years back:

McAvennie: "Take the biggest number you can think of. Now double it. That's half the birds I've ****ged!"

Sammy7nil
03-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Best joke on that show was from years back:

McAvennie: "Take the biggest number you can think of. Now double it. That's half the birds I've ****ged!"

This years show was terrible but the funniest joke was Reporter talking aboutthe change in transfer law - That is Bozman Denis Law - No it is true I tell ya

Canon Hannan
03-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Utter pish as usual.

Thought it was really funny. Like the humour and idea of it all. Childish humour that will never age. Loved it. Even laughed at our Nicola getting it tight 😂