PDA

View Full Version : Using another person's season ticket

Pages : [1] 2

grammyb111
25-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Did anyone else have issues on Saturday getting in? I was stopped by an overly officious security person because I was using my missus' ticket. She's away down south for Christmas so I gave my ticket to a friend. Because her ticket says "miss" on it they said it wasn't me. It's one adult using another adults' season ticket, that has never been an issue before, why now?! I can understand if it was a concession ticket but that wasn't the case. If Hibs are serious about tickets not being transferable then I have to consider my options as I'm only in my seat about half the time and if I can't make it I give it away. Thoughts?

Scouse Hibee
25-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Did anyone else have issues on Saturday getting in? I was stopped by an overly officious security person because I was using my missus' ticket. She's away down south for Christmas so I gave my ticket to a friend. Because her ticket says "miss" on it they said it wasn't me. It's one adult using another adults' season ticket, that has never been an issue before, why now?! I can understand if it was a concession ticket but that wasn't the case. If Hibs are serious about tickets not being transferable then I have to consider my options as I'm only in my seat about half the time and if I can't make it I give it away. Thoughts?

How did they know?

grammyb111
25-12-2016, 11:24 PM
How did they know?

Outside the east they asked to see my ticket, they looked at it and since it said "miss" not "mr" on it they said it wasn't me and confiscated it

Scouse Hibee
25-12-2016, 11:27 PM
Outside the east they asked to see my ticket, they looked at it and since it said "miss" not "mr" on it they said it wasn't me and confiscated it

FFS that's a bit strong. I have never been asked to show my ST in the West before approaching the turnstile. Did you go to ticket office and explain it was your wifes card after it was confiscated?

seanshow
25-12-2016, 11:29 PM
I suppose from the clubs point of view for security you should use your own ticket,
Category A games ( granted, in short supply this season) could be one reason for requesting people use or buy their own ticket.

grammyb111
25-12-2016, 11:31 PM
FFS that's a bit strong. I have never been asked to show my ST in the West before approaching the turnstile. Did you go to ticket office and explain it was your wifes card after it was confiscated?

Nope, the guard said it had to be her going in to claim it and that it couldn't be used for that game. It has never been an issue before and no one has ever checked before, as I said I give it away about half the time. I'm in fairly unique position that I can get in free every week anyway so I used that option but the fact it came to that is a joke in my opinion

Hi Heid Yin
25-12-2016, 11:54 PM
You say you gave your own ticket to someone else to use whilst you used your partners, well the way I see it is that our club were deprived of that other persons money. Your sense of indignation is groundless. You basically tried to scam our club.

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 12:08 AM
You say you gave your own ticket to someone else to use whilst you used your partners, well the way I see it is that our club were deprived of that other persons money. Your sense of indignation is groundless. You basically tried to scam our club.

I disagree and I think you'll find many others in the same situation, even those who share a ticket or group of tickets. I pay for two adult tickets when I could pay nothing and still get in, some scam...

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2016, 12:15 AM
I disagree and I think you'll find many others in the same situation, even those who share a ticket or group of tickets. I pay for two adult tickets when I could pay nothing and still get in, some scam...

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Transferable tickets don't exist and you knew this when you purchased the ticket.
Rather than scam the club why not approach them and ask for your tickets to be made officially transferable?

Itsnoteasy
26-12-2016, 12:20 AM

Firstly I see no problem with it.
Secondly why buy a ticket if you can get in for nowt.
If it was me I would use the money you spend on a season ticket & sponsor a players shirt then you are still contributing to HFC

bigstu
26-12-2016, 12:28 AM
That is a joke! We use each other's season tickets all the time & it is one reason I get one as I know I can't make every game (living in Aberdeen) but the games I can't make someone else will use my ticket.

J-C
26-12-2016, 06:16 AM

Not really scamming the club now is it. The seat was paid for and if his wife wasn't there it'd be empty, people use others tickets all the time. The fact that it was a woman's name on the ticket is the issue, surely as long as it was another adult there should be no problem.

ShinyFantastic
26-12-2016, 06:34 AM

There are no words to describe this nonsense....

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Transferable tickets don't exist and you knew this when you purchased the ticket.
Rather than scam the club why not approach them and ask for your tickets to be made officially transferable?

Scam the club! Are you for real? The guy gave a spare ST to someone to use rather than it go to waste. He has already said he can get in for free anyway but yet he still buys a ST. Your scamming the club comment is ridiculous.

lucky
26-12-2016, 06:55 AM
He's not scamming the club but unfortunately the steward is correct tickets are not transferable. Stewards checking the ticket prior to entry has happened at the last few home games

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 07:06 AM
He's not scamming the club but unfortunately the steward is correct tickets are not transferable. Stewards checking the ticket prior to entry has happened at the last few home games

Is this just happening in tbe East,ours have never been checked going into the West.

Mr White
26-12-2016, 07:15 AM
The inconsistency is that although hibs state tickets are not transferable... they actually are as you can swap a season ticket for a paper ticket for the same or another seat, even in another stand and upgrade a concession to an adult one. Of course that requires going to the ticket office and hibs agreeing to do so but it's not as simple as "tickets are not transferable".

I'd also question the stewards right to confiscate the card after refusing entry.

lucky
26-12-2016, 07:30 AM
Is this just happening in tbe East,ours have never been checked going into the West.

As I said has happened for the last few home games.

lucky
26-12-2016, 07:34 AM
The inconsistency is that although hibs state tickets are not transferable... they actually are as you can swap a season ticket for a paper ticket for the same or another seat, even in another stand and upgrade a concession to an adult one. Of course that requires going to the ticket office and hibs agreeing to do so but it's not as simple as "tickets are not transferable".

I'd also question the stewards right to confiscate the card after refusing entry.

Tickets aren't transferable without the agreement of the club. But your comments on stewards rights is interesting, what can you do if your ticket is taken off you because of misuse? Also what rights do you think you've got that have been breeched?

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 07:36 AM

Yes but not in the West for me hence me asking if just the East?

lucky
26-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Yes but not in the West for me hence me asking if just the East?

Wasn't having a go. Just stating a fact. Clearly Hibs believe there is ticket fraud going on and it's happening in the East stand.

green day
26-12-2016, 07:42 AM

Im in West upper and it hasnt been happening across our side.

Seems a bit pointless really, I get my dad has to go through the concessions gate and I go through the adult gate - but why the drama if one adult swaps for another?????

Thecat23
26-12-2016, 07:46 AM

Well this post is pretty crap. He's not scamming anyone!

Siralbertkidd
26-12-2016, 07:47 AM

Similar situation.

My friend is away on holiday, so he left me his Season ticket and I took my missus along to the game.
Supervisor (East) confiscated the ticket.
He totally agreed that it was because she was a woman that it flagged up the ticket was not hers, and that if I had brought another guy with me there would not have been a problem. He also stated he did the same thing all the time himself when he went to see his rugby team. I dont particularly want to accuse anyone of a sexist act, but I can see how that conclusion could be drawn.

Now I have calmed down and checked the terms and conditions, amongst the 30 odd conditions it does state the ticket is not transferrable and so we shouldnt have used it, but it is well known common practise for there to be "shared seasons" in the groups who sit around me in the ground, so it never crossed my mind it was a problem.

My understanding was that the checks were to stop people using conncessions incorrectly, not to stop adults using adults tickets.

The Supervisor stressed time and time again however that it was "an instruction from your club", and that "your club dont want you doing this".

Frank and Amit read this boards, so I would like to ask them:

Did the Club issue this clear instruction to the Stewards?
Was this discussed at a Board Meeting and if so how did our Reps vote?

What I am trying to find out is what do Hibs seek to gain from this? Instead of two supporters cheering on the team, there were two empty seats and a lot of ill feeling.

Hibs90
26-12-2016, 07:49 AM
It is a joke. It's just gonna piss people off slowly but surely. We want to keep the fans in surely not send them away!

Mr White
Tickets aren't transferable without the agreement of the club. But your comments on stewards rights is interesting, what can you do if your ticket is taken off you because of misuse? Also what rights do you think you've got that have been breeched?

None of my rights have been breached thankfully.

The cards do not state that they remain the property of the club. What authority do event security stewards have to confiscate people's property? I'd be surprised if they have that power legally.

Scouse Hibee
Wasn't having a go. Just stating a fact. Clearly Hibs believe there is ticket fraud going on and it's happening in the East stand.

I didn't think you were having a go,was just trying to find out if the checking was just in the East.

theonlywayisup
26-12-2016, 07:54 AM
My thinking on this subject is that I buy a ST knowing that I'll probably miss 2-4 games a season. For those games my partner takes our children to the game and uses my ticket. If the ST couldn't be swapped then it's unlikely that we'd buy a ticket for the game I miss and the children would probably miss the game too. If this to become reality then it's likely that I wouldn't buy a ST. So preventing me from letting my partner use the ticket would probably cost the club over £500 and I would pick and choose my games.

When the football is a poor as it is at the moment I don't think they should be annoying the ST holders.

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 07:54 AM
Similar situation.

My friend is away on holiday, so he left me his Season ticket and I took my missus along to the game.
He totally agreed that it was because she was a woman that it flagged up the ticket was not hers, and that if I had brought another guy with me there would not have been a problem. He also stated he did the same thing all the time himself when he went to see his rugby team. I dont particularly want to accuse anyone of a sexist act, but I can see how that conclusion could be drawn.

Now I have calmed down and checked the terms and conditions, amongst the 30 odd conditions it does state the ticket is not transferrable and so we shouldnt have used it, but it is well known common practise for there to be "shared seasons" in the groups who sit around me in the ground, so it never crossed my mind it was a problem.

My understanding was that the checks were to stop people using conncessions incorrectly, not to stop adults using adults tickets.

The Supervisor stressed time and time again however that it was "an instruction from your club", and that "your club dont want you doing this".

What I am trying to find out is what do Hibs seek to gain from this? Instead of two supporters cheering on the team, there were two empty seats and a lot of ill feeling.

Pretty ridiculous, I gave our two ST's to someone else as we are away for Christmas, but as they went to a couple of guys the club would know no difference.

Mr White
26-12-2016, 07:56 AM
My thinking on this subject is that I buy a ST knowing that I'll probably miss 2-4 games a season. For those games my partner takes our children to the game and uses my ticket. If the ST couldn't be swapped then it's unlikely that we'd buy a ticket for the game I miss and the children would probably miss the game too. If this to become reality then it's likely that I wouldn't buy a ST. So preventing me from letting my partner use the ticket would probably cost the club over £500 and I would pick and choose my games.

When the football is a poor as it is at the moment I don't think they should be annoying the ST holders.

You can get a paper ticket for any match and have the season card deactivated for that match at no cost if you go to the ticket office in advance.

Mr White
26-12-2016, 08:01 AM
Given that tickets can easily be transferred with the club's agreement surely they'd be better to turn a blind eye to adults transferring adult season cards and concentrate on stopping the misuse of concession tickets?

SteveHFC
26-12-2016, 08:10 AM
You can get a paper ticket for any match and have the season card deactivated for that match at no cost if you go to the ticket office in advance.

that's why it makes no sense stopping a mr using a mrs ST just means more work for ticket office

Mr White
26-12-2016, 08:11 AM
that's why it makes no sense stopping a mr using a mrs ST just means more work for ticket office

:agree:

WestStandMoaner
26-12-2016, 08:41 AM

The only scam at hibs is the fact the fans constantly support the club but remain in the second tier of Scottish football. Fans have passed their season tickets onto mates for years, get a life

Bishop Hibee
26-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Our group of 7 ST holders pass on our tickets all the time if one of us can't make it. We'll make sure it's male to male so they don't get confiscated but we'll continue to do so.

I'm all for the club clamping down on those who've bought a concession ST they are not entitled to use but not allowing the transfer of valid ST's to equivalent users is over the top. Time to change the rules.

Greencore
26-12-2016, 09:01 AM
Should have said you were trans.

lugz
26-12-2016, 09:12 AM
I have an adult season ticket along side my daughters concession and so far this season myself, my wife and my mum have used the adult ST without any problem. If the club were to start clamping down they'd be losing 2 ST holders.

northstandhibby
26-12-2016, 09:13 AM
Similar situation.

I think this last sentence sums the issue up in a nutshell. Passing on your bought and paid for ST if you can't make the match shouldn't be an issue. You obviously trust the person given it to behave and act responsibly and surely it is better the seat is occupied than empty.

Hope someone at board level has a bit common sense on this issue before it damages trust.

Conning concessions are a different matter. If caught you've no excuse, not saying it's a hanging offence but it's something the club are correct to clamp down on and cancel the concessionary ticket if found out.

WhileTheChief..
26-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Why didn't you just politely say No to the steward and go to the ticket office window and explain the situation?

No chance I would just have handed mine over and I'm pretty sure they would have said it was fine.

Ping them an email and they'll see you alright.

J-C
26-12-2016, 09:22 AM

Probably not everyone knows that and not everyone has time to do it, especially if it's a last minute thing.

Mr White
26-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Probably not everyone knows that and not everyone has time to do it, especially if it's a last minute thing.

Absolutely, I think it highlights how unnecessary Saturday's clampdown was though.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-12-2016, 09:37 AM
Should have said you were trans.

In all seriousness - there is an equality issue here, if people are being stopped purely on the grounds of perceived sex, the club is potentially in breach of the 2010 Act. I know its not going to be the case very often, but there could be times when the identity of an individual is ambigious, its not for stewards to be humiliating people by making judgements.

WhileTheChief..
26-12-2016, 10:02 AM
^^ 😂 Just no. This has nothing to do with equality or any acts of law!!

Flipping el.

It was an over zealous steward, nothing more. Let's not get Jeremy Corbyn involved eh!!

Siralbertkidd
26-12-2016, 10:15 AM

Flipping el.

It was an over zealous steward, nothing more. Let's not get Jeremy Corbyn involved eh!!

What I am trying to tease out While The Chief, is was it an over zealous steward, or was it an order from the Hibs Board?

Siralbertkidd
26-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Why didn't you just politely say No to the steward and go to the ticket office window and explain the situation?

No chance I would just have handed mine over and I'm pretty sure they would have said it was fine.

Wish it was just the case of an e mail, but the Supervisor says the instruction was that the Season Ticket holder for the one he had confiscated had to go into Easter Road to verify his identity.

So not only were me and my missis peed off, so will my mate be when he has to go out his way to travel to Edinburgh to resolve a situation not of his making!

Nakedmanoncrack
26-12-2016, 10:25 AM

Flipping el.

Oh OK, we'll just let you decide then, there's nothing to suggest it was one individual over zealous steward, rather than the result of a club instruction.

easty
26-12-2016, 10:30 AM
In all seriousness - there is an equality issue here, if people are being stopped purely on the grounds of perceived sex, the club is potentially in breach of the 2010 Act. I know its not going to be the case very often, but there could be times when the identity of an individual is ambigious, its not for stewards to be humiliating people by making judgements.

What are you on about?

It's not an equality issue, or a sexism issue, it's Hibs attempting to stop people using other folks season tickets. Which is unnecessary enough, without bringing nonsense like the 2010 act into it.

Brooster
26-12-2016, 10:32 AM
Hibs are determined to weed out the considerable number of adults who are attending games on concession tickets and have been doing so for years. Fans in the East will have noticed the increased stewarding at the last 2 home games which is designed to capture these fraudsters. Seems like they are also taking the opportunity to highlight fans who are transferring non transferable tickets who are also defrauding the club. If you are pulled up you cant really complain.

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 10:36 AM

Yeah, I'm going to send something on to the club and to Amit as well. Friends that went in at the same time had upgraded a male's concession season ticket to an adult paper ticket which was used by a female, if we'd thought it was going to be an issue we'd have given her my missus' one but didn't cross my mind it'd be a problem. We then didn't want to 'bust' her by pointing out the idiocy of it all. Had we been in the same position as SAK who posted above I'd have made more of a fuss, we got in anyway at no extra cost, but had we not I'd have been livid.

Like others in our position, I'd have to consider giving up my ticket if it was genuinely non transferable. As is it makes no financial sense for me to have a season ticket, I do so to support the club with the knowledge that when I can't sit in my seat (8-10 times a season) I can offer it to someone else.

I think London Hibs even have a group of ticket that they exchange between themselves, which I think is perfectly acceptable (in fact is to be encouraged) but could be wrong on that

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Hibs are determined to weed out the considerable number of adults who are attending games on concession tickets and have been doing so for years. Fans in the East will have noticed the increased stewarding at the last 2 home games which is designed to capture these fraudsters. Seems like they are also taking the opportunity to highlight fans who are transferring non transferable tickets who are also defrauding the club. If you are pulled up you cant really complain.

Defrauding the club? You can go to the ticket window and exchange your ticket free of charge?!

Carheenlea
26-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Whoever took the ticket off you was just simply being one of those joyless, over officious dullard's who appear to be attracted to such jobs.
A bit of common sense needs to be applied in such circumstances as adults using someone else's adult ST is not really ripping off the club. A paid for seat, and someone with the ticket fitting the criteria sitting in said seat. If I can't use my ST I try and make sure someone can get the use of it.
Also, I know a guy who lives overseas who tried to purchase shares, but terms dictated that as he lived overseas he was not able to purchase. Because he wanted to make a contribution to the club in some way, it was suggested to him by the club that he might like to become a season ticket holder, and if he knew of anyone back home that could use his ST, then there was one way for him to contribute. That being the case, I'd suspect the club won't have too many issues with ST's being used by others providing they fit the correct category.

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2016, 10:40 AM
The stewarding was a little zealous on Saturday. If was in the East and witnessed one or two rather salty exchanges, particularly with smokers trying to get back in after the HT puff outside.

Brooster
26-12-2016, 10:44 AM
Defrauding the club? You can go to the ticket window and exchange your ticket free of charge?!

By transferring a season ticket you are allowing someone in for free who would normally have to pay.

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Firstly I see no problem with it.
Secondly why buy a ticket if you can get in for nowt.
If it was me I would use the money you spend on a season ticket & sponsor a players shirt then you are still contributing to HFC

I understand what you mean, I guess it's my sense of what I perceive as 'fair'. I'm lucky that I'm in a position to have that option but I suppose it's that I feel I should pay for what I get, which is why when I've paid for two tickets for Saturday I think I should be entitled to two tickets

BoomtownHibees
26-12-2016, 10:47 AM

Defrauding the club by using a ticket that has already been paid for and that would never have been highlighted if it was a male using another males ticket?? What a load o bollocks

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 10:48 AM
By transferring a season ticket you are allowing someone in for free who would normally have to pay.

Or not go at all. I've paid for two tickets so I should get two tickets, whether it says they are non transferable or not. As mentioned before, the ticket office let you transfer them for free, so although it says it is the rule, clearly it is not enforced. In fact in the case of upgrading a concession ticket, is actively encouraged

andyf5
26-12-2016, 10:48 AM
The stewarding was a little zealous on Saturday. If was in the East and witnessed one or two rather salty exchanges, particularly with smokers trying to get back in after the HT puff outside.

I wasn't allowed in at my normal gate as this week it was designated for concessions only. However no sign and the guy that refused me entry did not explain why I was being refused entry and a supervisor had to be called to explain. All a bit unnecessary. I also share my season ticket when unable to go. I suppose I should get a paper ticket and if club requires this I can do so in future, hopefully online.

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 10:49 AM

No, you could be taking someone who wouldn't normally go, they could even become a paying fan themselves after their free trial;-)

basehibby
26-12-2016, 10:50 AM

Time to start attending in drag? "I'm a lady!"

To be fair I don't see your transfering your ticket with the Mrs as a problem. This has arisen from people with Kids/Students STs lending them to others who don't qualify on those counts. This has lead to the club tightening up their procedures and you are a case of "collateral damage" I think mate.

Carheenlea
26-12-2016, 10:51 AM
There is quite a common practice at some bigger clubs in the UK with heftier pricing where maybe two fans will share the cost of a ST and take turns in using it. I know of both Rangers and Celtic fans in my hometown who do this, and I know of one who has half a share of a Manchester United ST.

Since90+2
26-12-2016, 10:52 AM
I would say a good proportion of fans will have given their season ticket to a mate if they have been unable to attend at some point. If its an adult using an adult full price ticket then I dont see the issue to be honest and it could actually cost the club money if its enforced (from people not renewing if this is the case as has been hinted at on this thread).

Its a separate issue of people purchasing kids tickets for adults that the club need to clamp down on and the vast vast majority of the support would support.

I hope its just been a case of a slight communication breakdown between the club and the stewards.

BH Hibs
26-12-2016, 10:52 AM

This and also the fact that there has been countless threads about it before and the club has made statements about it in the past. Yes it is a bit extreme and I've both gave my ticket and used a spare in the past but if it's not your ticket you have no valid complaint.

Brooster
26-12-2016, 10:54 AM
Or not go at all. I've paid for two tickets so I should get two tickets, whether it says they are non transferable or not. As mentioned before, the ticket office let you transfer them for free, so although it says it is the rule, clearly it is not enforced. In fact in the case of upgrading a concession ticket, is actively encouraged

You said earlier you didnt pay for 2 tickets. You got a free ticket, got pulled up for breaking the terms and conditions yet still moan. Your sense of entitlement is different from mines.

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 10:56 AM
This and also the fact that there has been countless threads about it before and the club has made statements about it in the past. Yes it is a bit extreme and I've both gave my ticket and used a spare in the past but if it's not your ticket you have no valid complaint.

Surely he does have a valid complaint as he could have simply been sent to the ticket office to transfer the ticket rather than have it confiscated? On a side note I wouldn't let any steward take a ST off me and would have went to the TO myself with it once challenged.

bigwheel
26-12-2016, 11:00 AM
No one should get pulled up for using an adult ticket if they are an adult ..I don't care what the T&cs say ...some people can't afford a ticket for themselves - if they want to share it , it should be completely fine ...the club should sort this out. It's a tone that never existed before.

BoomtownHibees
26-12-2016, 11:02 AM
You said earlier you didnt pay for 2 tickets. You got a free ticket, got pulled up for breaking the terms and conditions yet still moan. Your sense of entitlement is different from mines.

You maybe need to re-read his posts

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Are Kicks for Kids ST not transferred between different people regularly with no problems?

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 11:05 AM

I've paid for two season tickets and two of us got into the game. As someone who goes out of the way to pay for two tickets when I could walk in for nothing if you're talking about 'entitlement' then you are very much mistaken. I, and many others on this thread, believe you should get what you pay for.

BH Hibs
26-12-2016, 11:09 AM
Surely he does have a valid complaint as he could have simply been sent to the ticket office to transfer the ticket rather than have it confiscated? On a side note I wouldn't let any steward take a ST off me and would have went to the TO myself with it once challenged.

But he didn't do that and even if he did that paper ticket would only be valid for the person who's name is on the ticket so his complaint wouldn't be valid. However as I said before it is a bit extreme.

Don Giovanni
26-12-2016, 11:10 AM

We've paid for access to 18 home league games this season by purchasing an adult season ticket. Surely, a season-ticket holder should be able to nominate someone to sit in that pre-paid seat when they are unable to attend. It's not a case of missed revenue. As an example my Dad would simply end up attending on his own (or not at all) and there would be less supporters cheering on the Hi-bees.

In fact, due to having an 11 month old and living in Newcastle the Dumbarton game was my first game in a year. My folks generously offered to pay for half the season ticket this year. Should my mother not be allowed in because my name is on the ticket?

I'd be furious if my Ma went down to ER with an adult season ticket and was refused entry.

Hibs are at serious risk of losing a large number of season ticket holders with this policy. They really need to ask themselves if they want sporadic, big-game attendances with utterly pish crowds against less attractive opposition?
Or the gauranteed income of a season ticket and the habit forming behaviour of attending ER?

It's already very expensive "entertainment" and there are plenty of other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. It's not like a season ticket is hugely cost-effective for the average punter - miss a couple of games and you'd be better off paying at the gate.
Except people won't- they'll just go now and again, make an effort for the big games.

The club will drive supporters (customers) away with this attitude. Including me. A season ticket holder for over 20 years.

Fuzzywuzzy
26-12-2016, 11:11 AM
I had emailed LD about having a parental ticket as there are going to be times that I can't go so she could take him. Never got a response. Think it would be a great help to some folk. I did get my ticket checked first game of the season and it's never happened since.

Brooster
26-12-2016, 11:15 AM
We've paid for access to 18 home league games this season by purchasing an adult season ticket. Surely, a season-ticket holder should be able to nominate someone to sit in that pre-paid seat when they are unable to attend. It's not a case of missed revenue. As an example my Dad would simply end up attending on his own (or not at all) and there would be less supporters cheering on the Hi-bees.

In fact, due to having an 11 month old and living in Newcastle the Dumbarton game was my first game in a year. My folks generously offered to pay for half the season ticket this year. Should my mother not be allowed in because my name is on the ticket?

I'd be furious if my Ma went down to ER with an adult season ticket and was refused entry.

Hibs are at serious risk of losing a large number of season ticket holders with this policy. They really need to ask themselves if they want sporadic, big-game attendances with utterly pish crowds against less attractive opposition?
Or the gauranteed income of a season ticket and the habit forming behaviour of attending ER?

It's already very expensive "entertainment" and there are plenty of other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. It's not like a season ticket is hugely cost-effective for the average punter - miss a couple of games and you'd be better off paying at the gate.
Except people won't- they'll just go now and again, make an effort for the big games.

The club will drive supporters (customers) away with this attitude. Including me. A season ticket holder for over 20 years.

Cant disagree with any of that Don but I can see why the club are taking a stance on some elements of the abusers.

GreenCastle
26-12-2016, 11:17 AM
This is a joke.

I see it as a Hibs membership - you should be able to use it for another Adult.

I understand the issue of an Adult using a kids ticket - that isn't right.

But an adult giving to another adult - like at a concert, Euro 2016 game, tennis event etc - Hibs are going to piss off a lot of fans with this.

I am another one who can't make the occasional game but I give to a friend who can make the odd game and they turn up and fill the seat and maintain their interest in Hibs.

With the overpriced cost of a Season Ticket - I would seriously re consider getting a ticket if it was empty more often than not - it also has helped me even recruit a friend or 2 over the years as they got the Hibs bug back. I never got a thanks from Hibs for referring a lapsed ST back !!

At least there should be an option like a rental car to have a 2nd named driver - person who is able to use it.

Also whats to say a steward is judging someone....you aren't a guy / women ...when they could be transgender ?! Dangerous way to go...

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Cant disagree with any of that Don but I can see why the club are taking a stance on some elements of the abusers.

Which is my point exactly, I have said that if I was using a type of ticket to which I was not entitled then I could have no complaint, but an adult using another adult's ticket does not fall into that

Brooster
26-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Which is my point exactly, I have said that if I was using a type of ticket to which I was not entitled then I could have no complaint, but an adult using another adult's ticket does not fall into that

Would you try the same swap with a flight ticket?

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 11:24 AM

Does Easter Road have airport type security? What a ridiculous comparison to make!

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 11:24 AM

If the option was there to go to the ticket desk and swap my card ticket for a paper ticket as it is at Hibs, you bet

GreenCastle
26-12-2016, 11:25 AM

Flying needing ID / Passport to travel is much different to attending a Hibs v Raith Rovers game I feel.

Scottish Football is struggling as it is. Is it just our club doing this ?

What happens if you win tickets or even get free tickets to enter Easter Road - doubt you will get turned away.

Adults using kids tickets - Agreed not right.

Adults letting a friend use ticket when they can't make it - post a poll and I bet the majority will be pissed off if Hibs go down this route and they will lose many renewals next season and that's with or without promotion.

Since90+2
26-12-2016, 11:27 AM

Completely different scenario to what's being discussed.

Siralbertkidd
26-12-2016, 11:28 AM

Afraid handing over the ticket is my regret Scouse, I am just not streetwise enough.
I mistakenly thought that by keeping calm and showing the Supervisor my own ID and explaining the friend on holiday situation there would be no problem.
There was certainly no intention of trying to defraud Hibs out of money, as Brooster has suggested.

Your other point is also correct regarding Kicks for Kids tickets, to which I contribute.
I have tried to restrict my point in this thread to who decided "shared tickets" are no longer allowed and that ID might be asked for from all supporters, rather than go down the potential lost future revenue to Hibs if all the T&C are strictly adhered to!

seanshow
26-12-2016, 11:31 AM
The club could remove the gender prefix from 2017 season tickets and that would solve any issues, while still stopping concession ticket fraud.

Brooster
26-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Completely different scenario to what's being discussed.

Different scenario....same rules.

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 11:34 AM
The club could remove the gender prefix from 2017 season tickets and that would solve any issues, while still stopping concession ticket fraud.

Think this is the way to go

bigwheel
26-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Different scenario....same rules.

are you seriously saying that you object to someone giving their ST to a friend to use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sergey
26-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I'm going to send something on to the club and to Amit as well. Friends that went in at the same time had upgraded a male's concession season ticket to an adult paper ticket which was used by a female, if we'd thought it was going to be an issue we'd have given her my missus' one but didn't cross my mind it'd be a problem. We then didn't want to 'bust' her by pointing out the idiocy of it all. Had we been in the same position as SAK who posted above I'd have made more of a fuss, we got in anyway at no extra cost, but had we not I'd have been livid.

Like others in our position, I'd have to consider giving up my ticket if it was genuinely non transferable. As is it makes no financial sense for me to have a season ticket, I do so to support the club with the knowledge that when I can't sit in my seat (8-10 times a season) I can offer it to someone else.

I think London Hibs even have a group of ticket that they exchange between themselves, which I think is perfectly acceptable (in fact is to be encouraged) but could be wrong on that

Correct - we've had varying numbers over the years in different parts of the ground and have never had any problems in passing them on to our members. They probably only get used 50% of the time and having the tickets is us giving something back to the club and giving a benefit to our members.

I entered Stamford Bridge a few weeks ago using a female ST and no one batted an eyelid - and that was a Cat 1 match vs Man Utd.

Brooster
26-12-2016, 11:41 AM
are you seriously saying that you object to someone giving their ST to a friend to use?

No Im not saying that at all. What I am saying is thats its against the rules as they stand and folk cant complain if caught.

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 11:43 AM

Next season my missus and I will be Dr x

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 11:45 AM
No Im not saying that at all. What I am saying is thats its against the rules as they stand and folk cant complain if caught.

Except they aren't the rules as enforced, folks can swap their card ticket for a paper one

bigwheel
26-12-2016, 11:47 AM

....it's about the spirit of the action - there is no decent reason to stop an adult using a non concession ticket - it's very poor from Hibs...all fans should be disappointed in that.

J-C
26-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Hibs could issue a colour scheme for season tickets, green for an adult, yellow for an OAP/concession and purple for a child. The ruling for usage would simply be changed to read for the use of season ticket holder or any other adult nominated by the said ticket holder.

I spoke to an older guy in the East on saturday and he was questioned re his age as he has an OAP concession, he said he was flattered to be asked as he's now 74.

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Except they aren't the rules as enforced, folks can swap their card ticket for a paper one

And groups regularly swap tickets,poor show from Hibs or just maybe the stewards have misinterpreted their instructions regarding concession and adult misuse. I hope that is the case.

Mr White
26-12-2016, 11:54 AM
As mentioned earlier this would surely be a perfect opportunity for the fans rep directors to comment and hopefully clarify the club's position here.

RIP
26-12-2016, 12:02 PM
My nephew from New Jersey was over for Christmas. We have 4 STS between my brother and I. My brother bought his son an adult ticket price £22.

A season ticket means that the club offers a discount for a named family member over the course of a season - about a tenner a game IIRC. No doubt we could have used another family members ticket had there been one available. But wouldn't that have left the club £22 out of pocket?

A season ticket is a concession ticket for a named supporter at half full price or more. If for reasons of economy there's a demand for a transferable friends and family ticket that would need to be looked at by HFC Marketing dept.

WhileTheChief..
26-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Oh OK, we'll just let you decide then, there's nothing to suggest it was one individual over zealous steward, rather than the result of a club instruction.

Chill, it was a light hearted post. I thought that was obvious.

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Correct - we've had varying numbers over the years in different parts of the ground and have never had any problems in passing them on to our members. They probably only get used 50% of the time and having the tickets is us giving something back to the club and giving a benefit to our members.

I entered Stamford Bridge a few weeks ago using a female ST and no one batted an eyelid - and that was a Cat 1 match vs Man Utd.

My missus wants her lipstick back.

Der Panzer
26-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Astounding that anyone can accuse a loyal season ticket holder of scamming the club in this scenario.

Really keen to get the club's stance on this as we've either got a board that is completely out of touch with the support or we're employing stewards that are undermining the club.

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Have been in touch with Amit and he's going to take a look

BoltonHibee
26-12-2016, 12:18 PM
I have 2 season tickets, one has my name on it and the other has my name with "2" after name. So the part about not being transferable is not true.

s.a.m
26-12-2016, 12:29 PM
My nephew from New Jersey was over for Christmas. We have 4 STS between my brother and I. My brother bought his son an adult ticket price £22.

A season ticket means that the club offers a discount for a named family member over the course of a season - about a tenner a game IIRC. No doubt we could have used another family members ticket had there been one available. But wouldn't that have left the club £22 out of pocket?

A season ticket is a concession ticket for a named supporter at half full price or more. If for reasons of economy there's a demand for a transferable friends and family ticket that would need to be looked at by HFC Marketing dept.

I get your point. However, the club wants us to buy season tickets because a) they want our money up front, and b) they want us to commit to a full season of games despite the fact that most people will probably not be able to attend them all. Leaving aside personal commitments, all fixtures are subject to change, sometimes at short notice, yet season ticket holders are expected to take this on the chin - and many of us do, willingly. Any season ticket concession isn't a charitable donation from the club: they make the calculation that the money upfront and multiple match commitment makes it worth their while, and that's why they market them so ferociously.

I feel strongly about people scamming the club through misuse of concessions etc.., and I've happily handed over money to Hibs over the years because I want to contribute. However, I feel pretty hard-nosed about season ticket matches: it's a multiple purchase of a product, for which there's a slight discount*, because it suits the club for us to buy tickets this way. I can't for the life of me see how it matters who uses it, so long as it's not being used by someone not entitled to that category of ticket.

*Standard seasons were £380 this year, I think. 18 x 22 = £396. That's less than a pound discount per game. Better than a poke in the eye with a pointy stick. But not much.

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 12:49 PM
I have 2 season tickets, one has my name on it and the other has my name with "2" after name. So the part about not being transferable is not true.

I agree it's ridiculous but just checked the T&C's and card remains the property of the club,must be given up to club or an agent of the club for inspection and is for use by the named holder only. These are probably standard T&C's for all football tickets to try and combat touts. Not really designed to prevent this situation but unfortunate.

Phil MaGlass
26-12-2016, 01:12 PM
Its quite simple really, dont get a season ticket, dont lose out on games you would miss due to things out of your control, pick and choose the games you go to, thus the club loses money, for me its a no brainer, if you cant let someone else use your ST then **** them dont get an ST, its the clubs loss

scoopyboy
26-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Its quite simple really, dont get a season ticket, dont lose out on games you would miss due to things out of your control, pick and choose the games you go to, thus the club loses money, for me its a no brainer, if you cant let someone else use your ST then **** them dont get an ST, its the clubs loss

You have won the financial / logical argument with that post.

Can't believe you are being serious in encouraging fellow Hibs fans not to buy season tickets though.

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2016, 01:20 PM
Astounding that anyone can accuse a loyal season ticket holder of scamming the club in this scenario.

Really keen to get the club's stance on this as we've either got a board that is completely out of touch with the support or we're employing stewards that are undermining the club.

Did the offender get caught in the act of using another persons ticket that he was not entitled to use?
The answer is yes?
The offender through a misplaced sense of indignation then goes public and bleats about being hard done by.
I understand fully the principle of giving your own ticket to another adult to use when you yourself can't make the game, but the issue is one of "has our club ruled in this matter and given the offender or anyone else the right to wily nily give their non-transferable ticket to a non-paying other person?" The answer is No.
Whilst I might personally agree in principle with the caught offender's thinking, it still boils down to a wee scam as his intention was to decieve the stewards and indeed our club. This would be how a court of law might interpret things too.
I really do think that the caught offender should approach our cub and ask them to reconsider the non-transferable aspect of season tickets. I personally would be happy if I could give my ticket to a non-paying customer, whose interest in Hibs might otherwise be zilch, but only in the full knowledge that my club has permitted me to do so. Until such time as our club rules in this matter and formally changes things then "terms' like scam can and will be used when referring to incidences of someone keeping their fingers crossed that they dont get caught as they hand over a non-transferable ticket that belongs to someone else.

Phil MaGlass
26-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Actually I am, fans put their hard earned cash into a season ticket knowing its not worth the money, they wont attend all the games and the standard of football for one of the most expensive ST,s in Scotland is pish, the club could do something to fill the stadium, folk sre handing ST,s in some cases to fans that have lapsed or who may never have come to ER. Meaning it encourages more folk in the end to come again. Now if the club dont see it like that, thats their problem, if I was a ST holder it would certainly bother me.

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Did the offender get caught in the act of using another persons ticket that he was not entitled to use?
The answer is yes?
The offender through a misplaced sense of indignation then goes public and bleats about being hard done by.
I understand fully the principle of giving your own ticket to another adult to use when you yourself can't make the game, but the issue is one of "has our club ruled in this matter and given the offender or anyone else the right to wily nily give their non-transferable ticket to a non-paying other person?" The answer is No.
Whilst I might personally agree in principle with the caught offender's thinking, it still boils down to a wee scam as his intention was to decieve the stewards and indeed our club. This would be how a court of law might interpret things too.
I really do think that the caught offender should approach our cub and ask them to reconsider the non-transferable aspect of season tickets. I personally would be happy if I could give my ticket to a non-paying customer, whose interest in Hibs might otherwise be zilch, but only in the full knowledge that my club has permitted me to do so. Until such time as our club rules in this matter and formally changes things then "terms' like scam can and will be used when referring to incidences of someone keeping their fingers crossed that they dont get caught as they hand over a non-transferable ticket that belongs to someone else.

Offender.......scam.......hahaha what a post. You sound as if you are almost happy about the situation that a fellow Hibee season ticket holder found himself in when doing what hundreds of folk have done for years!

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Offender.......scam.......hahaha what a post.

Thank you. One does try one's best:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Thank you. One does try one's best:greengrin

Take a bow :-)

linlithgowhibbie
26-12-2016, 01:35 PM

Spoken like a true supporter,,,,,,,NOT

scoopyboy
26-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Actually I am, fans put their hard earned cash into a season ticket knowing its not worth the money, they wont attend all the games and the standard of football for one of the most expensive ST,s in Scotland is pish, the club could do something to fill the stadium, folk sre handing ST,s in some cases to fans that have lapsed or who may never have come to ER. Meaning it encourages more folk in the end to come again. Now if the club dont see it like that, thats their problem, if I was a ST holder it would certainly bother me.

Tells me all I need to know.:greengrin

If Hibs made seasons transferrable it wouldn't bother me but I can understand why they don't.

If a person is going to attend a game but receives a season ticket from a fan who cannot attend then that person isn't paying his entrance fee.

On Saturday I reckon we had in the region of 3700 walk ups, with possibly 1000 season ticket holders not turning up. If those 1000 handed their seasons on to a walk up then the club would have lost in the region of £15,000. Do you think that is right?

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 01:49 PM

If Hibs made seasons transferrable it wouldn't bother me but I can understand why they don't.

If a person is going to attend a game but receives a season ticket from a fan who cannot attend then that person isn't paying his entrance fee.

On Saturday I reckon we had in the region of 3700 walk ups, with possibly 1000 season ticket holders not turning up. If those 1000 handed their seasons on to a walk up then the club would have lost in the region of £15,000. Do you think that is right?

This argument certainly doesn't stackup for me and many more I suspect. My unused ST's go to folk who don't normally go or have stopped going because of cost or whatever reason. These folk are going because I have given them a free ticket as simple as that. The club lose nothing but gain a spectator in an otherwise empty seat.

Holmesdale Hibs
26-12-2016, 01:56 PM
I dont make it to ER much these days but when I used to have a season ticket I'd give it to mates any time I couldn't use it myself. I've heard of people doing this at most clubs and to me it seems consistent with the spirit in which a season ticket is bought. So long as someone's not trying to get in on a concession ticket when they shouldn't be I think it's fine.

I know Hibs have sold season tickets to supporters clubs before and these are then sold to members on a first come first served basis. Seems fair but the club clearly knew these were being transferred when they sold them.

There will always be inconsistencies unless Hibs start ID'ing everyone that goes in to the ground. IMO, season ticket holders have already paid for their ticket and they should be able to give it away if they can't make it themselves.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2016, 02:00 PM
It's not exactly the same situation but my brother's season ticket (his own) wouldn't scan on Saturday so he was made to go round to the ticket office and queue for 10 minutes for them to print him off an actual match ticket. Before he did so, he asked to speak to a supervisor, to which he was told "I am the supervisor!".

He eventually got in when he came back round with a match ticket but he missed the first 25 minutes of the game and apparently he wasn't the only one who was made to go round to the ticket office with exactly the same issue. When this used to happen last season a supervisor was able to use their discretion and let the person in.

The fact that either the scanner or the card happens to be faulty isn't the problem of the individual fan and it's something that needs to be sorted.

It's absolutely ridiculous and a letter of complaint is on its way.

scoopyboy
26-12-2016, 02:01 PM
This argument certainly doesn't stackup for me and many more I suspect. My unused ST's go to folk who don't normally go or have stopped going because of cost or whatever reason. These folk are going because I have given them a free ticket as simple as that. The club lose nothing but gain a spectator in an otherwise empty seat.

I can see both sides of the argument SH, and as I said earlier I couldn't care less if Hibs made it transferrable.

However that said I think Hibs have to make some sort of statement on the matter. I realise the t&c state they are not transferrable yet the club seem to allow groups to buy them which clearly are being used by multiple users.

Regarding your comment regarding you give your ticket to someone who wouldn't be going anyway, again I understand that. BUT you surely can't expect Hibs to say it's alright to pass your season ticket to somebody who wouldn't have attended but you can't if someone was going to be a walk up and pay.

Hibs90
26-12-2016, 02:04 PM
Okay so what about this scenario; Person A who is not a ST holder can't afford to pay £22 for a walk up ticket. Person A's friend/family member however is a ST holder and can't attend one week and offers Person A use of their season ticket. It's not revenue lost as Person A wouldn't have attended otherwise. So is this allowed or not? Surely it's better if the bum is in the seat? Literally cannot believe Hibs would turn people away like this.

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 02:09 PM
I can see both sides of the argument SH, and as I said earlier I couldn't care less if Hibs made it transferrable.

However that said I think Hibs have to make some sort of statement on the matter. I realise the t&c state they are not transferrable yet the club seem to allow groups to buy them which clearly are being used by multiple users.

Regarding your comment regarding you give your ticket to someone who wouldn't be going anyway, again I understand that. BUT you surely can't expect Hibs to say it's alright to pass your season ticket to somebody who wouldn't have attended but you can't if someone was going to be a walk up and pay.

No of course not, I just think the actual numbers would be small and most ST's probably go the same way as mine. There needs to be consistency though even with groups. Also surely such a radical change should have been publicised just like the concession/adult issue was. People have been handing tickets over for years so a warning announcement would have prevented bad feeling.

BoomtownHibees
26-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Okay so what about this scenario; Person A who is not a ST holder can't afford to pay £22 for a walk up ticket. Person A's friend/family member however is a ST holder and can't attend one week and offers Person A use of their season ticket. It's not revenue lost as Person A wouldn't have attended otherwise. So is this allowed or not? Surely it's better if the bum is in the seat? Literally cannot believe Hibs would turn people away like this.

No different to the scenario the whole thread is about

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 02:10 PM
!!

You were making a valid point until your last word.

Siralbertkidd
26-12-2016, 02:11 PM

Slegehammer to crack a nut arguement there Scoops, but Ill counter with, if the 1000 season tickets holders dont renew because Hibs strictly adhere to the T&C (when it suits them, or on a random basis) and so become peed off , then the club loses £380,000. Do you think that is right?

hibeerealist
26-12-2016, 02:12 PM
Petrie sort it!!! This is shocking and obviously causing problems, I think you will see a definite drop in ST sales next year IF this IS he club's instruction to stewards and Fit is, they are being very silly.

Adults using kids tickets yes stop that, we all support that stance.

hibeerealist
26-12-2016, 02:13 PM
You were making a valid point until your last word.

Agreed but was SO angry reading this I could not help myself

scoopyboy
26-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Slegehammer to crack a nut arguement there Scoops, but Ill counter with, if the 1000 season tickets holders dont renew because Hibs strictly adhere to the T&C (when it suits them, or on a random basis) and so become peed off , then the club loses £380,000. Do you think that is right?

I don't like nuts so I wouldn't use a sledgehammer.

Siralbertkidd
26-12-2016, 02:52 PM
I don't like nuts so I wouldn't use a sledgehammer.

so we can put that "Topic" to one side then if you dont like nuts!

scoopyboy
26-12-2016, 03:03 PM
so we can put that "Topic" to one side then if you dont like nuts!

I concede SAK.:greengrin

beensaidbefore
26-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Was discussing nth is with family yesterday. We talked about buying 2 adult tickets to use between my 2 brothers, dad and I. Means there will always be a couple of us free to go. As it stands none of us have a st, we would also be buying a kids ticket so the nephew could go regardless which adults are attending.

Are we saying this is not permitted?

silverhibee
26-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Anything from the fans reps regards this issue.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2016, 03:25 PM
I have always seen it as the seat has been bought for the season and if I want to give it to someone else then that's up to me. Don't want to sound patronising but when I have offered mine it is usually where finding the money to go would be the issue to who I give it to so the club isn't losing out. The other option I suppose is an empty seat and maybe a pie and a cuppa not bought so the club does lose out.

Onceinawhile
26-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Gave mine up to the wife's friend and her two sons for the Dumbarton game recently as my two sons and I couldn't go.

There's no chance they would have gone otherwise and one of the two boys who went is now a hibs fan.

Technically against the ts and cs but I've got a clear conscience.

Alex Trager
26-12-2016, 03:55 PM
'Scam' lol

macca70
26-12-2016, 04:15 PM
You are paying for an adult to sit in the seat for a season, who uses it should be irrelevant.

If I've ever been unable to attend, I always give it to a mate to use. If I have paid for the seat Then it should be up to me who I allow to use it.

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2016, 04:21 PM

You bought 2 season tickets because your arse wont fit on one seat.

Famous Fiver
26-12-2016, 04:32 PM
As I said in an earlier post the standard of stewarding is pathetic.

I have a concession ticket. Since they introduced checking I swear I have never once been given scrutinised by a steard they are only interested in looking at the ticket. In my experience a 30 year old could get in easily with an OAP ticket. Very unfortunate for him that the OP got what must have been the only alert steward on duty.

Nutmegged
26-12-2016, 04:33 PM
There are no words to describe this nonsense....

Ohh there's plenty of words to describe it mate but they'd all get you banned

Jones28
26-12-2016, 05:23 PM
You have won the financial / logical argument with that post.

Can't believe you are being serious in encouraging fellow Hibs fans not to buy season tickets though.

If I was going to miss 5/6 games a season I wouldn't buy a season ticket as it's doesn't make sense financially for me - and I'm even less inclined to do so if the ticket cannot be shared between others.

Siralbertkidd
26-12-2016, 05:26 PM
If I was going to miss 5/6 games a season I wouldn't buy a season ticket as it's doesn't make sense financially for me - and I'm even less inclined to do so if the ticket cannot be shared between others.

Out of interest, before this thread, how many people knew that tickets were non transferrable?

marinello59
26-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Out of interest, before this thread, how many people knew that tickets were non transferrable?

I would imagine most of us, it's been discussed here before and it is in the terms.

Siralbertkidd
26-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Have been in touch with Amit and he's going to take a look

Thanks for doing that, did he give you any idea when he would give a response?

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2016, 06:19 PM

Have never been stopped for using the Missus season ticket, but was once prevented from entry for sporting her underwear. My own fault, shouldn't have been flashing it around and showing off, but still put it down to overzealous stewarding.

hibee
26-12-2016, 06:46 PM

That's been the case for as long as I can remember.

If I miss the odd game I don't give my tickets away, I'm still losing money if they're sitting at home or being used by someone else anyway.

grammyb111
26-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Thanks for doing that, did he give you any idea when he would give a response?

He's having Christmas with his family but was going to read the thread and take it from there. Seems fair enough

Slim Shady
26-12-2016, 07:47 PM
The guy using his wife's season ticket is no different to buying 3 walk up tickets And dishing them out to your mates.

I'm not allowed to purchase a ST through conflicts of interest. My son has one and I regularly use my wife's when I would like to go with my son. If i don't go then she takes him. I don't think I'd be handing over any ticket.

dp00
26-12-2016, 07:49 PM
I used to be in a position where is could get tickets for what ever game I wanted no problem however that's changed so was considering a half season ticket so I was able to get tickets for any cup games ect.

The likely hood is id plan to let some mates use it for the odd game. If that's not possible I may just leave it

Worrying the fans reps are silent on this issue tho. This is the type of thing I'd expect them to be involved in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
26-12-2016, 07:51 PM
I used to be in a position where is could get tickets for what ever game I wanted no problem however that's changed so was considering a half season ticket so I was able to get tickets for any cup games ect.

The likely hood is id plan to let some mates use it for the odd game. If that's not possible I may just leave it

Worrying the fans reps are silent on this issue tho. This is the type of thing I'd expect them to be involved in

They've only just been told.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

BoltonHibee
26-12-2016, 07:56 PM
You bought 2 season tickets because your arse wont fit on one seat.

I was wondering when you'd be along! [emoji3]

Maybe they are not transferable after all and the ticket office thought the same as you!!

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2016, 07:57 PM
I was wondering when you'd be along! [emoji3]

Maybe they are not transferable after all and the ticket office thought the same as you!!

:greengrin Merry xmas pal. :aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
26-12-2016, 08:22 PM

Probably a lot knew that strictly speaking they are not transferable - but we're aware that commonsense had always prevailed up to now and it hadn't been enforced.

jacomo
26-12-2016, 09:04 PM
You are paying for an adult to sit in the seat for a season, who uses it should be irrelevant.

If I've ever been unable to attend, I always give it to a mate to use. If I have paid for the seat Then it should be up to me who I allow to use it.

Absolutely.

The accusations of 'scam' etc on this thread are ridiculous.

BoltonHibee
26-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Probably a lot knew that strictly speaking they are not transferable - but we're aware that commonsense had always prevailed up to now and it hadn't been enforced.

One of mine must be ( ignore what blackpool said )

Speedy
26-12-2016, 09:28 PM
This is a joke.

I see it as a Hibs membership - you should be able to use it for another Adult.

I understand the issue of an Adult using a kids ticket - that isn't right.

But an adult giving to another adult - like at a concert, Euro 2016 game, tennis event etc - Hibs are going to piss off a lot of fans with this.

I am another one who can't make the occasional game but I give to a friend who can make the odd game and they turn up and fill the seat and maintain their interest in Hibs.

With the overpriced cost of a Season Ticket - I would seriously re consider getting a ticket if it was empty more often than not - it also has helped me even recruit a friend or 2 over the years as they got the Hibs bug back. I never got a thanks from Hibs for referring a lapsed ST back !!

At least there should be an option like a rental car to have a 2nd named driver - person who is able to use it.

Also whats to say a steward is judging someone....you aren't a guy / women ...when they could be transgender ?! Dangerous way to go...

From the club's point of view it doesn't matter if an adult is given an adult/senior/student/kids ticket, it's either lost revenue or it isn't.

silverhibee
26-12-2016, 09:29 PM
They've only just been told.

But if they knew it was going to take place then they could have prepared a statement to let the fans know the reasons for it being taken in the first place.

And Christmas is over. :wink: :greengrin

Speedy
26-12-2016, 09:32 PM

Could leave the club in an embarrassing position if you identified yourself as "miss". :greengrin

lord bunberry
26-12-2016, 09:39 PM
But if they knew it was going to take place then they could have prepared a statement to let the fans know the reasons for it being taken in the first place.

We won't hear from them. Both of them are decent guys, I don't know Amit, but I've seen big Frank in and around the club ever since I've been a hibby. So far though I don't see the point in having them other than being a box ticking exercise.

Happy hibee
26-12-2016, 09:40 PM

I have a st in the east but can't make Dundee Utd game not my
Fault as I arrive back from Kent on Saturday morning no refund
From jobs when they change times or days the fans are not the priority
Anymore so I will give my ticket to my nephew who would be a cons

GreenCastle
26-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Why with walk up tickets does it not matter then?

Male or female can use that ticket but a season ticket it has to be a male / female / transgender who paid for it ?

Still curious to see how equal opportunities Hibs are dealing with the issues of transgenders also? Does the stadium have specific toilets etc

Galahibby
26-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Are Kicks for Kids ST not transferred between different people regularly with no problems?
Just what I was thinking. Surely as long as it's kids using kids STs and adults using adult ones, there shouldn't really be an issue. I took my laddie (non ST holder) to hospitality the other week and gave my ST to a mate's dad. He wouldn't have gone otherwise so I didn't see it as scamming the club. In fact, they got the cost of 2 hospitality tickets out of me which I saw more as doing the Club a favour. The team had the support of 3 people - all paid for - instead of just me as it would've been otherwise.

Galahibby
26-12-2016, 09:55 PM
And for what it's worth, the way they're playing just now, they should just be grateful anyone actually wants to go and watch them!

oldbutdim
26-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Why with walk up tickets does it not matter then?

Male or female can use that ticket but a season ticket it has to be a male / female / transgender who paid for it ?

Still curious to see how equal opportunities Hibs are dealing with the issues of transgenders also? Does the stadium have specific toilets etc

Brilliant!

BH Hibs
26-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Does anyone on here seriously expect anyone from Hibs in an official capacity to issue a statement saying it's ok to pass your season ticket onto your mate if you can't attend? If so they're living in cloud ****ing cuckoo land.

Siralbertkidd
26-12-2016, 10:52 PM
Does anyone on here seriously expect anyone from Hibs in an official capacity to issue a statement saying it's ok to pass your season ticket onto your mate if you can't attend? If so they're living in cloud ****ing cuckoo land.

Well I think they have painted themselves into a corner, because its either a you can or you cant answer.
The secondary question then becomes "are you going to ID everyone going in to make sure they are using the right ticket , or does it only apply to women/East/anyone else that suits? .

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2016, 11:12 PM

That's not the point though is it? Only different gender to the name on the ticket is being challenged not mates of the same gender.

Don Giovanni
27-12-2016, 06:44 AM
Well I think they have painted themselves into a corner, because its either a you can or you cant answer.
The secondary question then becomes "are you going to ID everyone going in to make sure they are using the right ticket , or does it only apply to women/East/anyone else that suits? .

Speaking of suits, would sponsors and complimentary tickets be considered both "transferable" and "a scam" that is potentially depriving the club of revenue?

:dunno:

P.S. I don't have a problem with sponsors and comps. I see these tickets as a perk for some contribution to the club. Perhaps season ticket membership should be treated similarly - allowing tickets to be transferred within their catagory?

Siralbertkidd
27-12-2016, 07:31 AM

If you had two tickets to go and see The Specials and your mate couldnt go, would you really just leave the other ticket in the house?
The T&C on gig tickets are even stronger than "non transferrable"!

Brooster
27-12-2016, 07:40 AM
You are still taking that one to heart aren't you? If I had known you were free that night I would've invited you lol.

Siralbertkidd
27-12-2016, 07:57 AM
You are still taking that one to heart aren't you? If I had known you were free that night I would've invited you lol.

Next time mate. Could maybe bring Lewis along as well.

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-12-2016, 08:05 AM
The unfortunate thing is that there are a small minority of 'fans' scamming the club.

People have been reselling ST's to walk-ups in the East and pocketing the extra cash themselves is one example and for that and the other scams I agree with the club for their stance.

I do have sympathy for those genuine people that give their tickets to family members or mates in good faith that wouldn't normally go. The only problem I see is the transfer of tickets does invite the more unscrupulous to operate and that is the biggest threat to the club.

Since90+2
27-12-2016, 08:10 AM
I have never heard of a season ticket holder reselling his ticket to make a profit on it. How much profit would they actually make? A quid?

Allant1981
27-12-2016, 08:14 AM
The answer is yes?

the only person using the word scam is you, he is not scamming the club as the ticket has been paid for, if it was a free ticket he had been given then was selling it then this would be different, just mind me never to offer you my ticket if i cant make it!

oneone73
27-12-2016, 08:18 AM
I have never heard of a season ticket holder reselling his ticket to make a profit on it. How much profit would they actually make? A quid?

Don't understand that. You couldn't sell a season ticket for one game, could you? How would you get it back? Follow the buyer into the ground? Can't believe that's happening on any sort of scale.
There's defending the club, then there's going out of your way to invent outlandish excuses

Beefster
27-12-2016, 08:21 AM
I couldn't really give a **** what anyone does with their ST but I do find it amusing when folk get on their high horse about something and then decide that Hibs absolutely must now make a public pronouncement on said subject.

lapsedhibee
27-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Don't understand that. You couldn't sell a season ticket for one game, could you? How would you get it back? Follow the buyer into the ground? Can't believe that's happening on any sort of scale.
There's defending the club, then there's going out of your way to invent outlandish excuses

Fairly easy to do if you had two season tickets right next to each other. Wife can't go one week, pocket £20 to help get over your disappointment.

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-12-2016, 08:25 AM
I have never heard of a season ticket holder reselling his ticket to make a profit on it. How much profit would they actually make? A quid?Not their own tickets - reselling tickets of friends or family members that couldn't make it.

oneone73
27-12-2016, 08:28 AM
Fairly easy to do if you had two season tickets right next to each other. Wife can't go one week, pocket £20 to help get over your disappointment.

Ah, I get you. Fair enough.

Sioux
27-12-2016, 08:49 AM
At least those recipients of free entry cannot come on here and proclaim "I'll shout at, and abuse, anyone I like..I've paid my money"
:wink:

Bishop Hibee
27-12-2016, 08:55 AM

No. When we have a spare ST it goes to someone who normally doesn't attend.

marinello59
27-12-2016, 09:20 AM
I couldn't really give a **** what anyone does with their ST but I do find it amusing when folk get on their high horse about something and then decide that Hibs absolutely must now make a public pronouncement on said subject.

Donald Trump will be tweeting about this very issue later.

Mr White
27-12-2016, 09:37 AM

Not sure about that but from the posts in this thread it seems that there are different rules being applied depending on where people live and which stand their tickets are for. Unfairness and inconsistency like that will tend to get people annoyed in my experience.

J-C
27-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Not sure about that but from the posts in this thread it seems that there are different rules being applied depending on where people live and which stand their tickets are for. Unfairness and inconsistency like that will tend to get people annoyed in my experience.

Going by this thread it looks like the East is being picked on as the stand where all the frauds are happening, doesn't seem to be many if any from the West or FF.

My take on it is they are trying to catch out people using kids or concession tickets but surely as long an adult is using an adult ticket there should be no problems, no matter their sex.

What if you get a young looking 65 year old, how would he show his age if he didn't have a driving licence to prove it, what would happen there?

Jim44
27-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Let's turn this thing on it's head. If the club knew that a season ticketed seat was definitely not going to be used at a given match, is there not just a chance they might resell the seat if they could get away with it. Take it further, if for some daft reason they knew that two rows of seats, say 40 seats were definitely going to be empty, would they give up the chance to rake in £1k.? :dunno: food for thought in this daft argument.

Galahibby
27-12-2016, 10:35 AM

You can transfer a flight ticket though, and I have done in the past. Albeit you have to pay an admin fee to change the name. Slightly different circumstances to going to the fitba though, is it not?

GreenCastle
27-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Next season..

I would call it a Hibs membership Card - which includes Season Ricket seats and a barcode. Basically the barcode can be scanned in the club shop for loyalty points like a supermarket club card. Spend X amount get X off a purchase. This is not a ticket loyalty scheme just club purchases.

I would make it clear on season ticket membership if it's an Adult or Youth - visible from a distance if possible.

I would allow the purchaser of the card to be able to give it to whoever they want for a game.

I wouldn't allow them to resell ticket or an adult to use a kids / student.

I would also sort the Tannoy system and improve the quality/ price of stadium food - while hopefully be watching SPFL football if I was to be greedy.

oconnors_strip
27-12-2016, 10:43 AM

I think this is a good idea in these times when many more people have done or are under gender change, cross dressing etc. Many of them would be upset if a steward confronted them about the title on their cards

Bishop Hibee
27-12-2016, 11:49 AM

Me and the 6 ST holders I sit with are exactly the same as this. As for BoltonHibee having 2 Season Tickets with his name on them 😀 Sounds like something Andy Goram might do. The club needs to sort this out.

I used to get a spare ST back in the 80's from family in the old North Stand if someone couldn't make it. This helped me catch the Hibs bug and I've pumped thousands into the club over the years

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Me and the 6 ST holders I sit with are exactly the same as this. As for BoltonHibee having 2 Season Tickets with his name on them 😀 Sounds like something Andy Goram might do. The club needs to sort this out.

I used to get a spare ST back in the 80's from family in the old North Stand if someone couldn't make it. This helped me catch the Hibs bug and I've pumped thousands into the club over the years

I usually buy an ST to support the club, in the knowledge that working on the continent some weekends means I'll only be able to attend around 50% of the games (the rest I watch through Hibs TV). When I'm not around I leave it with somebody who can't afford to go regularly, or has fallen by the wayside and need their interest re-booted.

While I understand that they can't condone this, if the club start being draconian about not using other people's ST's, then I suspect that they will lose a lot of ST sales in this area. It will discourage fans like myself from renewing.

Whether you can or can't make all the games, many fans still see purchasing an ST as a preferred way of supporting the club. I would rather do this than get involved in share issues - not knocking those who do, it's personal choice.

Kojock
27-12-2016, 01:44 PM

So you're saying that if someone bought a ticket but could no longer attend they should not be allowed to sell it on as the purchaser might have bought a ticket from Hibs.

Happy hibee
27-12-2016, 02:31 PM
At the end of the day Hibs don't give a f*** about
The fans it is a business and a money making
Machine that will con us time and again top dollar
For 2nd tier football if we stay down then they will
Come cap in hand pleading for the same ST to
Part with their cash for a 4th season the Scottish cup party is over wake up and smell the coffee.

bigwheel
27-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Part with their cash for a 4th season the Scottish cup party is over wake up and smell the coffee.

hahaha i think you might want to change your user name!

northstandhibby
27-12-2016, 03:31 PM

:rolleyes:

There were over 150 happy hi bees tucking in to a free Christmas Dinner courtesy of the club. Of course they care about the fans.

Mon the Cabbage.

ekhibee
27-12-2016, 03:39 PM
I've been a ST holder for approximately 30 years and because I now live and work in the west of Scotland I can't always make the games so I've always given it to a mate if I can't attend. If the club decide to enforce this thing with the stewards then I'm sorry but I won't be renewing my season ticket, and it wouldn't surprise me if quite a few other people feel the same way. Just one question though, from a legal point of view I don't understand how they could enforce it in the first place. Surely the only people who have the legal right to confiscate your season ticket are the police? Maybe somebody could clear this up for me.

Happy hibee
27-12-2016, 03:43 PM
:rolleyes:

There were over 150 happy hi bees tucking in to a free Christmas Dinner courtesy of the club. Of course they care about the fans.

Mon the Cabbage.

Media exercise apart from opening Easter Road food was from Tesco supplied the food and it was the volunteers who did the business and 2 players I was there as a helper

northstandhibby
27-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Media exercise apart from opening Easter Road food was from Tesco supplied the food and it was the volunteers who did the business and 2 players I was there as a helper

Over 150 happy hi bees still tucked into a Christmas Dinner because of the club though and good on them even if they did get some good media exposure. Well done to the club for doing this great gesture.

:aok:

Since90+2
27-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Hibs wont officially come out and say its fine to pass on your season ticket to someone else but I suspect that at the next home game the stewards wont enforce this.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2016, 03:55 PM

No doubt your happy demeanour enhanced their experience

High-On-Hibs
27-12-2016, 04:04 PM
So to make sure i'm understanding this right. The club would rather have an empty seat that has been paid for, rather than allow somebody who has borrowed the ST to sit in it? :confused:

Madness if that is the case.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2016, 04:06 PM

Did a lot of people not eat their dinner because they had serious issues with regards to the motivation of the club?

Jones28
27-12-2016, 04:07 PM

Happy hibee 😂😂😂

Beefster
27-12-2016, 04:29 PM

No offence but that might be the worst poem that I've ever read.

Hi Heid Yin
27-12-2016, 05:04 PM

Oh dear, Scrooge is alive and well...bah humbug!

EH54
27-12-2016, 05:44 PM
You can upgrade a Child's ticket to a Adult ticket at the TO if an adult is attending the game instead of a child the cost is around 11 quid for the East and have done it in the past so clearly tickets are transferable shocking that people are having STs taking off them over this

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2016, 05:46 PM

:hilarious

dp00
27-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Still no word from fans reps ??? Even if not a statement but a message saying they will look into it would do

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Still no word from fans reps ??? Even if not a statement but a message saying they will look into it would do

It's already been said on this thread that Amit will.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2016, 10:38 PM
You can upgrade a Child's ticket to a Adult ticket at the TO if an adult is attending the game instead of a child the cost is around 11 quid for the East and have done it in the past so clearly tickets are transferable shocking that people are having STs taking off them over this

It's out of order if anyone has had their season ticket confiscated by a steward over this.

I would love to know under what grounds they are allowed to confiscate someone's season ticket. I wouldn't have thought that would have been the job of a steward. By all means refuse to let someone in for whatever reason but confiscating a season ticket isn't on.

jacomo
27-12-2016, 11:21 PM
Oh dear, Scrooge is alive and well...bah humbug!

You're one of the folk who set him off, with your ridiculous assertion that this is a scam.

Please don't ever become a steward.

Siralbertkidd
28-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Phoned ticket office today and they don't have confiscated seasons back from security yet.

ekhibee
28-12-2016, 10:20 AM
It's out of order if anyone has had their season ticket confiscated by a steward over this.

I would love to know under what grounds they are allowed to confiscate someone's season ticket. I wouldn't have thought that would have been the job of a steward. By all means refuse to let someone in for whatever reason but confiscating a season ticket isn't on.
I raised this issue in an earlier post. I would have thought the only people that have the legal right to confiscate season ticket's are the police, it's hard to believe that stewards have the authority to do it, unless the steward in question wasn't aware of the rules regarding this or was on some kind of power trip.

Gordy M
28-12-2016, 10:38 AM
I raised this issue in an earlier post. I would have thought the only people that have the legal right to confiscate season ticket's are the police, it's hard to believe that stewards have the authority to do it, unless the steward in question wasn't aware of the rules regarding this or was on some kind of power trip.
Could i possibly be that the steward took the season ticket in the event that it may have been lost/stolen? If its not in the name of the person presenting it then i would have thought that might be a reasonable course of action? Im not sure, just giving a reason as to why it might have been taken?

Radium
28-12-2016, 10:45 AM

Stewards will be acting as agents of the club, and as mentioned in the thread, the card is the clubs property.

The stewards are an easy target but on the whole are only carrying out the clubs instructions.

The steward who checked my card certainly took his time and then explained that it was to stop people conning the club. I took it to mean using concessions without being qualified. If it is to stop people using others cards then people like me will be lost.

I got the chance to go to a couple of games under Yogi through a ST that wasn't being used. Been a ST since and have one for my son.

28-12-2016, 11:04 AM
If you can upgrade a Child Season ticket to an Adult for a one off match surely that makes the card transferable, even if the T&C's say its not.
This appears a hammer to crack a nut. If people are defrauding the club by using concession tickets to gain access when they are adults I have no sympathy for the culprits and this needs to be stopped.

On the other hand if an adult is using an adult ticket I don't have an issue with this and think this could be an own goal if the club dig their heals in on this. Been invited into the Edinburgh Suite a couple of times by a member who has a few seats in there. His seats are all in his or his companies name. It's really no different from a Season Ticket Holder having more than one Season Ticket and inviting friends to use spare seats.

ekhibee
28-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Stewards will be acting as agents of the club, and as mentioned in the thread, the card is the clubs property.

The stewards are an easy target but on the whole are only carrying out the clubs instructions.

The steward who checked my card certainly took his time and then explained that it was to stop people conning the club. I took it to mean using concessions without being qualified. If it is to stop people using others cards then people like me will be lost.

I got the chance to go to a couple of games under Yogi through a ST that wasn't being used. Been a ST since and have one for my son.

I fully understand the point you're making Radium, and it's a fair one, but I was really just questioning whether stewards have the power to confiscate? When I worked at HMV (many,many years ago) the security guards there could stop people but didn't have any powers to search, only the police could do that. I wondered if, in this case, the same rule applied?

danhibees1875
28-12-2016, 11:22 AM

:faf:

Brilliant!

Speedy
28-12-2016, 11:24 AM
I fully understand the point you're making Radium, and it's a fair one, but I was really just questioning whether stewards have the power to confiscate? When I worked at HMV (many,many years ago) the security guards there could stop people but didn't have any powers to search, only the police could do that. I wondered if, in this case, the same rule applied?

If the terms of the season ticket say the physical card remains property of the club then it seems reasonable that a steward (on behalf of the club) would have the power to confiscate a card if someone other than the agreed cardholder is trying to use it.

(Just my interpretation of the :rules:, whether anyone agrees with the :rules: is a different matter)

EH54
28-12-2016, 03:37 PM
According to the TO, Hibs are currently having a meeting about this just now. Guessing they received a few complaints.

Pete
28-12-2016, 03:46 PM
According to the TO, Hibs are currently having a meeting about this just now. Guessing they received a few complaints.

That's good.

All they need to do is check that adults aren't using kids tickets and relax a bit about the rest. If it's an adult using another adults ticket then let it go.

Carheenlea
28-12-2016, 04:24 PM

Maybe more to with one of the fans reps (Amit) bringing it to their attention, as was mentioned earlier in thread.
Hopefully some common sense will be administered, and the use of concession tickets by those not entitled to such hopefully being the only matter of concern.

ekhibee
28-12-2016, 06:26 PM
If the terms of the season ticket say the physical card remains property of the club then it seems reasonable that a steward (on behalf of the club) would have the power to confiscate a card if someone other than the agreed cardholder is trying to use it.

(Just my interpretation of the :rules:, whether anyone agrees with the :rules: is a different matter)
Well you're probably right, but I don't want to start a whole new argument about whether the card belongs to the club or to the individual. :wink:

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2016, 09:19 PM
Well you're probably right, but I don't want to start a whole new argument about whether the card belongs to the club or to the individual. :wink:

Surely it belongs to the fan until they do something wrong that would allow the club to confiscate.

Speedy
28-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Surely it belongs to the fan until they do something wrong that would allow the club to confiscate.

It'll probably tell you on the back of the card.

Many of these cards state they 'remain the property of' the issuer.

Well at least that's what the Matalan security staff told my mate when he was stopped for using my card :greengrin

Siralbertkidd
29-12-2016, 09:12 AM

Any feedback from this meeting yet or is it going on inro day 2?!

EH54
29-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Unfortunately I have no idea, Was just told by TO staff yesterday there was a meeting currently going on about the this. Hopefully someone or Hibs will update us soon.

Siralbertkidd
29-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Silence is not golden.

Bristolhibby
29-12-2016, 06:32 PM
That's good.

All they need to do is check that adults aren't using kids tickets and relax a bit about the rest. If it's an adult using another adults ticket then let it go.

This

Siralbertkidd
29-12-2016, 10:49 PM
This

Yep
. Five days on. Nothing from the rep or from Hibs. Ever felt cheated.

ackeygraham
30-12-2016, 05:43 AM
I'll be honest i don't see what the issue is, but due to staying in the weege sometimes I can't make it. I have recently phoned the ticket office and had them print of a ticket for a friend to collect. I'd be complaining to the club if me, all about customer service.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Yep
. Five days on. Nothing from the rep or from Hibs. Ever felt cheated.
The issue arose on the afternoon of Christmas Eve. Three days of holiday followed. Amit said he would raise the issue. If the reports on here are correct, a meeting has already taken place.

Is that being cheated?

Siralbertkidd
30-12-2016, 07:40 AM
The issue arose on the afternoon of Christmas Eve. Three days of holiday followed. Amit said he would raise the issue. If the reports on here are correct, a meeting has already taken place.

Is that being cheated?

Call me an old cynic if you like, but I have seen plenty establishment cover ups, or problems being "kicked into the long grass". I am hoping you are right on this CWG, but for me at the moment the silence is deafening.

WhileTheChief..
30-12-2016, 08:50 AM
The Hibs board are now part of 'the establishment'??

I thought that was our neighbours role!

marinello59
30-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Call me an old cynic if you like, but I have seen plenty establishment cover ups, or problems being "kicked into the long grass". I am hoping you are right on this CWG, but for me at the moment the silence is deafening.

An establishment cover up after demands for a club statement are not answered immediately?:greengrin
Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Most people know that officially season tickets are non-transferable. It's not somethbig that is regularly policed but it does give the club the right to make occasional spot checks. Irritating if you get caught out but in the great scheme of things does it really matter that much?

ekhibee
30-12-2016, 09:18 AM
An establishment cover up after demands for a club statement are not answered immediately?:greengrin
Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Most people know that officially season tickets are non-transferable. It's not somethbig that is regularly policed but it does give the club the right to make occasional spot checks. Irritating if you get caught out but in the great scheme of things does it really matter that much?
Well you're quite right to point that out if it is just occasional spot checks, but a lot of people, I would suggest into possibly the thousands, pass their ticket on to somebody else if for some reason they can't use it. If they are prohibited from doing that it could have the knock on effect of lost revenue for the club, and from that perspective in the grand scheme of things it really does matter, would you accept that?

marinello59
30-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Well you're quite right to point that out if it is just occasional spot checks, but a lot of people, I would suggest into possibly the thousands, pass their ticket on to somebody else if for some reason they can't use it. If they are prohibited from doing that it could have the knock on effect of lost revenue for the club, and from that perspective in the grand scheme of things it really does matter, would you accept that?

I have no idea how many people pass their season tickets to others to use if they can't attend themselves but I would imagine that a large number have done it. The real question is how many people would not buy a season ticket because they couldn't do it. Would there really be that many and would they stop attending altogether rather than pay at the gate. If people are effectively sharing a season ticket then I guess they would be a game changer for them but how many people do that? I didn't see much evidence of that around me, the same people in the same seats game after game.
I would imagine the best option for the club is to continue as it is, effectively turning a blind eye most of the time.

BSEJVT
30-12-2016, 09:52 AM

Whilst I agree entirely that an adult season ticket should be able to be used by another adult I can see the clubs problem.

I can see that its politically difficult for them to be seen to be cracking down on one part of the usage of season tickets by other than the holder (the concession scam) and turning a blind eye to the other.

I get entirely that they are two completely different things, but I can see their issue

Could it be that post Cup Final they are worried / showing a firm hand that in the event of issues within ER they are able to identify the individual(s) concerned if they came from season ticket holding seats and are playing the game for a while?

If they are sensible they will let the current clamp down on adult to different adult usage die a quiet death and say nothing officially

HappyHanlon
30-12-2016, 10:02 AM
If I can't make a home game, I pass the ST to one of my pals.

If you dinnae like that - tough luck!

Don Giovanni
30-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Most people know that officially season tickets are non-transferable. It's not somethbig that is regularly policed but it does give the club the right to make occasional spot checks. Irritating if you get caught out but in the great scheme of things does it really matter that much?

Except for when they are transferrable? Child using an adult ticket or adult paying the difference?

And it does matter. Maybe not to you - perhaps you don't find yourself in this situation? However, it clearly matters to a great many season ticket holders, as evidenced by this thread.

Not knowing whether you will be able to enter the ground with a pre-paid ticket. Being enforced exclusively in the East Stand to date. Only being an issue if you are of a different sex to that on the season ticket.

It's as inconsistent as it is ridiculous.

Arch Stanton
30-12-2016, 10:26 AM

Strikes me that transgendered and cross-dressing people would be discriminated against if that was a universal rule.

And as regards confiscation - do I have to carry identification to prove I am the cardholder?

The seperate gates for concessions is a good idea but this is just stupid. I have never seen anyone challenging adults using the concession gate but we have one steward checking the names on peoples cards - wow.

offshorehibby
30-12-2016, 12:58 PM
My mate has my season ticket for the Unt game, taking his girlfriend. On the back of this thread i advised him to go down to office. Last thing i wanted was my season ticket confiscated.

Anyway he got a paper ticket issued at no cost. :thumbsup:

Speedy
30-12-2016, 01:11 PM
If I can't make a home game, I pass the ST to one of my pals.

If you dinnae like that - tough luck!

I've happily given away my season ticket (when I had one) and happily take a spare now so I'm not going to criticise people for doing it but I can see why it could be a problem from Hibs perspective.

barcahibs
30-12-2016, 03:28 PM

Still no statement from the UN either which is disgraceful, not every nation celebrates Christmas, you're not telling me they couldn't have pulled an emergency Security Council meeting together.

I get that Hibs fans are supposed to have a bit of an 'anti-establishment' bias. I like that Hibs fans are supposed to have an anti establishment bent. But you can take it too far sometimes. I don't think the club need to drop everything over the Christmas period and rush out a statement because one fan had his ticket confiscated and circa 50 people on a messageboard are getting a bit upset about it. Just IMO of course.

Looking at this issue from a slightly different perspective...

Is it possible this is more about security than money?

Moving homes and jobs and working weekends this year means I don't have a season ticket for the first time in ages, I've still been going to a few games however using my nephews season ticket when he can't make it so I do have a bit of an interest in this. My nephew is a concession so we get the ticket upgraded to an adult at the ticket office, never had a problem doing this, no employee or steward ahs ever raised an eyebrow. Ackeygraham above has given another example of the Club being happy to exchange a season ticket for a paper ticket when requested. This suggests to me that the club are perfectly happy with people 'sharing' their season ticket book - so long as the club knows you are doing it.
The furore over the cup final pitch invasion and all the other incidents across Scottish football have meant there is a bit of a spotlight on fan behaviour/criminality and security at games recently - this will probably double this weekend when one or both sets of the smelly sisters fans disgrace themselves.

It would not surprise me if Hibs are making efforts at the moment to show that they are on top of their game security wise. If asked about what Hibs have done to crack down on fan misbehaviour since the cup final they can say "We banned fans shown to have been involved in violence, we invited fans suspected of misbehaving in for discussions and issued warnings (whatever happened with that?), and we conduct regular spot checks to ensure tickets are not being misused." (they could even spin it as trying to prevent fans who have been banned from coming in under different names). It could just all be spin to placate the GFA and the media.

The answer to all the hand wringing seems fairly obvious - if you want to share you season ticket with a mate/family member/whatever keep doing it, but send them to the ticket office to change your season book for a paper ticket. Your pal still gets in free, Hibs get to say they're being tough on security and know who is sitting in every seat - plus Hibs maybe get a new name on the database? Everyone's happy?

Siralbertkidd
30-12-2016, 05:18 PM
S

The answer to all the hand wringing seems fairly obvious - if you want to share you season ticket with a mate/family member/whatever keep doing it, but send them to the ticket office to change your season book for a paper ticket. Your pal still gets in free, Hibs get to say they're being tough on security and know who is sitting in every seat - plus Hibs maybe get a new name on the database? Everyone's happy?

Brings us back round in the circle as to whether it was an instruction from Hibs to confiscate tickets or were the stewards/supervisors making policy on the hoof?
If Hibs are indeed happy for sharing, the tickets shouldnt have been confiscated, but the person sent to the Ticket Office to have the proper paperwork put in place, IMO.

Bristolhibby
30-12-2016, 06:58 PM
Here's a solution. Just call them Season debentures.

You buy your seat for a season and if you are an adult, anyone can sit in it using your "debenture access card". Sell children's season debenture seats, the condition of using these is you have to be a child.

Simples.

J

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Here's a solution. Just call them Season debentures.

You buy your seat for a season and if you are an adult, anyone can sit in it using your "debenture access card". Sell children's season debenture seats, the condition of using these is you have to be a child.

Simples.

J

Why do we need to change the name when we could just change the t&c's?

Bristolhibby
30-12-2016, 07:08 PM
Why do we need to change the name when we could just change the t&c's?

Or that

ancient hibee
30-12-2016, 07:16 PM
What is the club supposed to do if you r season ticket is stolen?

Mr White
30-12-2016, 07:34 PM
What is the club supposed to do if you r season ticket is stolen?

They cancel it and issue you one with a new barcode. And charge you a fiver for the hassle.

RIP
31-12-2016, 09:30 AM
So to make sure i'm understanding this right. The club would rather have someone pay £22 to watch the game than lose out on the £22 'cos that person is using someone elses season ticket membership?

Fixed that for you.

Siralbertkidd
01-01-2017, 12:17 AM
Fixed that for you.

Read the thread
Jeez

Siralbertkidd
07-01-2017, 08:25 PM
I have a reply on this to a personal message I sent to Amit.
What is the Board etiquette for sharing this publicly, can Admin advise please?

HNA4
07-01-2017, 08:31 PM
I have a reply on this to a personal message I sent to Amit.
What is the Board etiquette for sharing this publicly, can Admin advise please?

Check with Amit to see how he feels about that. Posts relating to private messages have led to issues on here before so best to check first.

Siralbertkidd
07-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Check with Amit to see how he feels about that. Posts relating to private messages have led to issues on here before so best to check first.

Thanks, will pop Amit off another PM.

HibsNutter
07-01-2017, 09:26 PM
When you buy a Season Ticket, you are obviously buying a ticket for each league match. It is terrible if the club won't allow that ticket to be used by another person, as long as they come qualify for the ticket category.

snooky
07-01-2017, 11:03 PM

Yes, there could be a knock on effect but the 'lost revenue' issue can work both ways, IMO. It's a double edged sword.

Re. ST hand overs, as long as 1) an adult gives it to an adult, 2) an OAP to an OAP ... and so on, then what's the problem?
The seat has been already been paid for. Better a fan sitting there than an empty seat surely if the holder can't make it.

It's issues like these that show the difference in views on how Hibs should be run as a business and a club.

Hi Heid Yin
08-01-2017, 03:26 AM
New Year, New Start, so I'd like to offer my apologies to anyone offended by my using the term "scam" in an earlier post. It now seems a little harsh and OTT. I'm sorry.

J-C
08-01-2017, 07:01 AM
At the moment we have turnstiles where all punters can use, the club have decided to make 3-4 concession/oap/child only with the rest being for adult only. How hard would it be to programme the scanners in all the adult turnstiles to not allow any other tickets, therein meaning the only checks needed would be at the concession/child turnstiles.