PDA

View Full Version : Using another person's season ticket

Pages : 1 [2]

Bristolhibby
08-01-2017, 08:16 AM
At the moment we have turnstiles where all punters can use, the club have decided to make 3-4 concession/oap/child only with the rest being for adult only. How hard would it be to programme the scanners in all the adult turnstiles to not allow any other tickets, therein meaning the only checks needed would be at the concession/child turnstiles.

And if you are entering with two young children?

I guess you go into the concession queue, no?

J

jacomo
08-01-2017, 08:32 AM
New Year, New Start, so I'd like to offer my apologies to anyone offended by my using the term "scam" in an earlier post. It now seems a little harsh and OTT. I'm sorry.

Well said.

ST holders are the life blood of the club. They commit to paying for all home games upfront, for limited tangible benefit. Unless they are claiming a concession they are not entitled to, they should be able to give that seat to someone else if they don't need it.

J-C
08-01-2017, 10:16 AM
And if you are entering with two young children?

I guess you go into the concession queue, no?

J

That's what is happening right now, you'll see parents and kids going through the concession turnstiles at the start of the East stand, whilst everyone else goes through the rest.

macca70
08-01-2017, 10:27 AM
At the moment we have turnstiles where all punters can use, the club have decided to make 3-4 concession/oap/child only with the rest being for adult only. How hard would it be to programme the scanners in all the adult turnstiles to not allow any other tickets, therein meaning the only checks needed would be at the concession/child turnstiles.

I don't understand this, surely there is no need to have separate turnstiles for different category season tickets?

I thought the light system on back of the turnstile indicated to the watching steward the category of season ticket being used and therefore steward will see if an adult walks through when the light states a child/oap season tick has been used.

greenlex
08-01-2017, 10:51 AM
I don't understand this, surely there is no need to have separate turnstiles for different category season tickets?

I thought the light system on back of the turnstile indicated to the watching steward the category of season ticket being used and therefore steward will see if an adult walks through when the light states a child/oap season tick has been used.
The concession only turnstiles are the only ones that need a steward to check.

J-C
08-01-2017, 11:47 AM

If this is the case then why are we getting checked prior to coming in, there are turnstiles open specifically for concession/child so at the moment there are different turnstiles for different tickets.

speedy_gonzales
08-01-2017, 11:59 AM
The concession only turnstiles are the only ones that need a steward to check.
You'd think so but I was challenged on Friday night by a steward who didn't really have a clue what was going on.
Entered the first adult gate as you enter the East, showed my card to steward outside, scanned and entered whereupon I was physically grabbed on the shoulder by a steward 20 years my senior (I'm 42), he said I had to go to the door as both lights came on. I asked him what that meant, he didn't know, I just had to go to the "door". I refused & walked off unchallenged, I didn't intend to be rude but as we know the gates were busy on Friday and queues were forming.
I'm still known the wiser what went on!

hibee
08-01-2017, 03:27 PM

My son couldn't get his ST to scan at the concessions gate in the FF upper, the steward behind the turnstile told us we should use the other one from now on as it's more reliable.

When I told him we weren't allowed and only had one option he said no, they both take you in to the same stand so even the stewards don't know the rules.

It eventually worked but they can't just have one programmed to allow kids in when they are so unreliable and people are regularly told to try another turnstile.

GreenCastle
08-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Had my ticket looked at before I entered the East Stand on Friday.

My OAP friend scanned his ticket...came into the stand (where food is etc) then steward said can you go out and come back in the OAP turnstiles....which were further away!!!!!!!!

Madness and really think Hibs should have a word making the older folk walk further!

GreenCastle
08-01-2017, 09:13 PM
You'd think so but I was challenged on Friday night by a steward who didn't really have a clue what was going on.
Entered the first adult gate as you enter the East, showed my card to steward outside, scanned and entered whereupon I was physically grabbed on the shoulder by a steward 20 years my senior (I'm 42), he said I had to go to the door as both lights came on. I asked him what that meant, he didn't know, I just had to go to the "door". I refused & walked off unchallenged, I didn't intend to be rude but as we know the gates were busy on Friday and queues were forming.
I'm still known the wiser what went on!

Just read your post after I wrote mine!

Madness..same happened with my OAP friend and actually had to walk outside on own...lost sight of them then back in and had to try find them after as was very busy ?!!!:confused::grr:

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Had my ticket looked at before I entered the East Stand on Friday.

My OAP friend scanned his ticket...came into the stand (where food is etc) then steward said can you go out and come back in the OAP turnstiles....which were further away!!!!!!!!

Madness and really think Hibs should have a word making the older folk walk further!

Surely his ticket wouldn't let him in a second time if already scanned?

GreenCastle
08-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Surely his ticket wouldn't let him in a second time if already scanned?

The guy used his hand held gadget on it (maybe to cancel lost entry?) and asked him to actually leave via the fire door and come back in!

I couldn't believe it :confused:

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2017, 09:29 PM
The guy used his hand held gadget on it (maybe to cancel lost entry?) and asked him to actually leave via the fire door and come back in!

I couldn't believe it :confused:

I would have told him to GTF and carried on walking once I was in.

pacoluna
08-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Il give my season ticket to whoever I want, my money my decision, simple.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2017, 09:45 PM

The problem being is it's not so simple if the person is a different gender and gets stopped from entering.

Speedy
09-01-2017, 12:46 AM

:greengrin

grammyb111
09-01-2017, 11:43 AM
New Year, New Start, so I'd like to offer my apologies to anyone offended by my using the term "scam" in an earlier post. It now seems a little harsh and OTT. I'm sorry.

:aok:

Swedish hibee
09-01-2017, 01:44 PM
To solve issues then why don't you put photo ID on all kids/concession season tickets when buying at the start of the season.
It can't surely cost Hibs that much to get a machine to do this. They'll have it for years too..
Adults are free from photo ID-this gives them the right to give their season tickets to anyone they choose when not attending games.
Makes sense, huh??!

lapsedhibee
09-01-2017, 02:53 PM
To solve issues then why don't you put photo ID on all kids/concession season tickets when buying at the start of the season.
It can't surely cost Hibs that much to get a machine to do this. They'll have it for years too..
Adults are free from photo ID-this gives them the right to give their season tickets to anyone they choose when not attending games.
Makes sense, huh??!

Shirley if adults can give their STs to other adults, then children should be able to give their STs to other children, and concessions to other concessions? :confused:

NthCarolinaHibs
09-01-2017, 03:15 PM
I gave a ST from our group to a punter who hadn't been to Easter Road in donkeys...the boy was that impressed with the game and atmosphere, he's now buying a half season ticket..just saying like...

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Makes sense, huh??!

No not really, that would mean kids tickets would be non transferable.

johnbc70
09-01-2017, 04:47 PM
I gave a ST from our group to a punter who hadn't been to Easter Road in donkeys...the boy was that impressed with the game and atmosphere, he's now buying a half season ticket..just saying like...

Same situation years ago, my Dad was in hospital so I gave my Dad's season ticket to a friend. It happened to be the game we absolutely bossed Rangers and won 2-1, I think O'Connor and Riordan scored. Anyway he was so impressed he bought a ST for him and his son and attended on a regular basis.

If anything it should be encouraged.

Jack
13-01-2017, 10:11 PM
The Bounce has also been discussing this and Amit has joined in.

His latest contribution to the thread is copied below:

Hi,

An update. As stated before the change to entry procedures was to focus on concession abuse but there was an unintended consequence of adult tickets also being checked. Won't be a problem going forward. I believe the ticket office have already started contacting affected supporters to arrange for their STs to be collected.

GGTTH

Amit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so we can happily let others use our full adult season ticket if we can not attend the game without the risk of it being confiscated??

Adult tickets won't be checked. If someone entering the concession turnstile and doesn't look like a concession, they'll be asked to provide evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grammyb111
23-01-2017, 02:43 PM
The Bounce has also been discussing this and Amit has joined in.

His latest contribution to the thread is copied below:

Realised this slipped by without me noticing.

Thanks to Amit for chasing this up and to the club for coming to the logical conclusion. We got the confiscated ticket back by collecting it at the window before the Dundee United game, at that point I still got a 'telling off' from the ticket office for being naughty.