PDA

View Full Version : How was it for you

lord bunberry
25-12-2016, 08:13 PM
2016 year of the underdog
http://www.hibs.net/webkit-fake-url://c3e687d5-9a69-4dc6-b3d3-6a48923c3b12/imagepnghttp://www.hibs.net/webkit-fake-url://d4ebcd8d-c371-4afb-b761-1a56e2f6f94d/imagepng

Diclonius
25-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Pros: Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.

Cons: Brexit. Trump. Numerous celebrity deaths. The rise of fascism in the political mainstream. Tories official opposition in Holyrood. Cameron replaced by a PM that actually manages to be worse.

Conclusion: Hibs won the Scottish Cup. Best year ever.

Sir David Gray
25-12-2016, 08:19 PM
21.05.16 was the best day of my life, one of my lifelong dreams was fulfilled that day.

However the year as a whole has been disappointing. It was a real blow not to get promoted last season and our start to this season has been worse than I had been expecting.

Hope the first half of 2017 can be an improvement and we can make sure that the club is returned to where it belongs.

B.H.F.C
25-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Wouldn't swap that weekend in May for anything.

However, we now need to improve over the next 4 months and win the league or the good will from the cup win and the massive increase in attendances will soon disappear.

northstandhibby
25-12-2016, 08:52 PM

Cons: Brexit. Trump. Numerous celebrity deaths. The rise of fascism in the political mainstream. Tories official opposition in Holyrood. Cameron replaced by a PM that actually manages to be worse.

Never in our wildest dreams could we have predicted lifting the cup this year!!! And to cap it off humiliating the Yams by beating them on the way. Best ever. Legends.

Brexit was a disaster. Human rights are hard won and I'm gutted to think that lot might take us out of the ECHR.

David Bowie was a legend and so very very talented.

Glory Glory

Greencore
25-12-2016, 08:53 PM

Judging from some of your cons you definitely live/are in/from Swedistan.

jacomo
25-12-2016, 09:29 PM

The US has elected a dick as its next president.

You can argue about the reasons why, but it's hard to argue against that essential fact. Trump is a dick.

The very best we can hope for is that his sheer incompetence limits the damage he can do.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2016, 09:38 PM

You can argue about the reasons why, but it's hard to argue against that essential fact. Trump is a dick.

The very best we can hope for is that his sheer incompetence limits the damage he can do.

A dick elected by the same. As unpalatable as it sounds the will of the people has to prevail.

ancient hibee
25-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Nice to see democracy is alive and well.

Eyrie
25-12-2016, 10:37 PM
nice to see democracy is alive and unwell.

ftfy.

hibsbollah
25-12-2016, 10:38 PM

:faf: I assume this is a joke.

We won the Cup. That papers over the cracks of shocker of a 12 months for the rest of human existence.

CallumLaidlaw
25-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Any hibs fan that looks back on 2016 negatively (apart from personal reasons) isn't a hibs fan. Yes we didn't get promoted, but 21/05 goes before anything else. Best day and weekend of my life. And my wife knows this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
25-12-2016, 10:56 PM

:tsk tsk: It seems some voices are more welcome than others.

Diclonius
26-12-2016, 01:22 AM

Nice, I see what you did there.

Phil MaGlass
26-12-2016, 08:48 AM

Didnt Clinton actually receive more votes than Trump?

danhibees1875
26-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Didnt Clinton actually receive more votes than Trump?

About 2m more. But that's not how it works, and both campaigns were set up to try to win based on the actual system.

2016 has been an incredible year, although it's amazing the looks you get from non hibs fans when you proclaim that. :greengrin
I've got a few other reasons to cheerfully look back at 2016 to add to that day - but 21/5 tops the list.

26-12-2016, 01:54 PM
The 21st of May 2016 was without a doubt the greatest day of my life. The sheer ecstasy and emotion of that day will never be replicated. Before the day, I had played out the dream scenario of scoring a last minute winning goal in the SC in my head a million times but the reality was beyond imaginable.

Even if hibs were to go on and do the same next year, as amazing as it would be it just wouldn't QUITE be the same as that i don't think. I'd like to find out though :greengrin

Northernhibee
26-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Going to look at it in an entirely footballing sense the first half of the year was quite astonishing. Leicester winning the EPL was fantastical in itself, only for us to go and to it. Leicester took their chances and let their confidence see them through whilst the other big teams faltered along the way. We were true underdogs and defeated our city rivals in a league above after being two goals down with ten minutes to go.

We then overcome the disappointment of losing the League Cup final in the last minute to beat the defending champions but lost our first choice keeper after he lost a contact lens. In the semi final we start a keeper who hadn't played in sixteen months after a horrific injury and he almost single handedly got us through to the final.

We then lost the play offs via a last minute goal and somehow managed to overcome the disappointment of this to win the cup final in injury time after being a goal down to one of our main rivals with ten to play in a competition we hadn't won in 114 years.

I genuinely believe that even without the green tinted spectacles on we witnessed one of the all time great journeys in football history.

Since then I'm deeply concerned about how far backwards we've travelled so I hope that this can be rectified in 2017.

lyonhibs
26-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Got married and Hibs won the Scottish Cup.

Some famous folk snuffed it and some more ******** politicians replaced some other ******** politicians.

A genuinely top year.

snooky
26-12-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm still breathing and lived long enough to see us win the Scottish Cup.
For that I'm eternally grateful.
There's many good people who aren't and didn't.

The Weeman's Mum
26-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Year started out as always, unpredictable. Felt very confident this was our year. Gutted not promoted. Son's health was starting to head in the right direction. Beyond ecstatic on that unbelievable day in May. Happy and relieved when son started college. Saddened by too many taken away, Sam, Lemon, Brandon Walker and others. Year ending on a downer with husband being diagnosed with Dementia, (only 52). Hopefully 2017 is finally Promotion year.

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2016, 06:15 PM

This.

Only 'tarnished' by the pitch invasion and...**** it, I can't keep a straight face...:faf::faf::faf::faf:

sleeping giant
27-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Everyone in my family is still healthy and we won the Scottish Cup.
Great year.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Got married and Hibs won the Scottish Cup
So which day was better?

Don't worry, we won't tell her....

ALF TUPPER
27-12-2016, 02:29 PM
21/5/2016 makes it a fine year for me 😀

lyonhibs
27-12-2016, 02:51 PM
So which day was better?

Don't worry, we won't tell her....

Haha. In terms of the day overall, getting married. In terms of the best single moment in time (pun intentional) the final whistle on 21.05 is number 1 for my 2016.

High-On-Hibs
27-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Hibs won the Scottish Cup, the world can come to a happy end now (and probably will tbh).

Fife-Hibee
27-12-2016, 05:45 PM
Hibs won the Scottish Cup, the world can come to a happy end now (and probably will tbh).

Hopefully we might squeeze in another sc win on the 27/05/2017 b4 the big BOOM!!! Lol

jonty
27-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Great year for Hibs, **** year for the yams.

win/win