PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United

Pages : 1 [2]

hibs0666
28-01-2017, 07:59 PM
When Hibs were relegated in the late 90', after the home deafeat to Stranraer, every week thereafter you could feel the momentum and confidence in the team growing until we became eventual champions.

Right now, you could apply this to Dundee United. Can any of you honestly say this could apply to Hibs right now?

I can, Big time.

hibs0666
28-01-2017, 08:01 PM
If (and it's a big IF) United go 8 clear in two games then confidence and momentum will make them unstoppable IMHO.

This is not defeatism, it's just something I've seen regularly in nearly 4 decades of following football.

I guess we are now unstoppable then. :)

IainA
28-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Trump cancelled his visa.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 👍

The Spaceman
28-01-2017, 08:04 PM
They have Raith (H), Falkirk (A) and Morton (H) next 3 games.

Make or break for them. They need at least 6 points from those or they will be finished as title contendors.

Thecat23
28-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Now that sounds like a good bet, TC.
I get Rangers and you get every other team in the world. :hmmm:

:bandit: :greengrin

😁😁👍🏼

Thecat23
28-01-2017, 08:06 PM
To be fair there is probably every chance JC will join Rangers in the summer but he sure as hell aint going nowhere in this window , And if he can get us out this mickey mouse league and we get a Million plus for him then he goes with my blessing.

No chance he'll join The Rangers this window or summer. He's heading south.

allmodcons
28-01-2017, 08:09 PM

:greengrin

Wilson
28-01-2017, 08:15 PM
That's them calling for Ray McKinnon to be sacked on the Utd fans forum.

Fools. Everything was fine a few weeks ago. A couple of reality checking results and the toys are out of the pram.

They are second and I expect they'll pull further clear of Morton and Falkirk after next weeks fixtures. It is the best they can hope for. Sacking McKinnon would be a ridiculous decision.

They are victims of their own delusions built on the back of some temporary form.

allmodcons
28-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Fools. Everything was fine a few weeks ago. A couple of reality checking results and the toys are out of the pram.

They are second and I expect they'll pull further clear of Morton and Falkirk after next weeks fixtures. It is the best they can hope for. Sacking McKinnon would be a ridiculous decision.

They are victims of their own delusions on the back of some temporary form.

Agreed, but think they will struggle over 2 legs against Morton.

Wilson
28-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Agreed, but think they will struggle over 2 legs against Morton.

Good shout. Rather them than us! :)

Jack Hackett
28-01-2017, 08:22 PM

:applause:

Itsnoteasy
28-01-2017, 08:24 PM

Are you trolling me. Looking for spelling mistook

Mistakes.

HibbyAndy
28-01-2017, 08:25 PM
No chance he'll join The Rangers this window or summer. He's heading south.

Aken he wont go this window hence why I said so.

HoboHarry
28-01-2017, 08:29 PM
Can you tell us how Sevco would fund his transfer in the summer then? Based on their farcical attempt at transfer terms for the York City goalkeeper, how well do you think they would do in a negotiation with Rod Petrie?

HibbyAndy
28-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Can you tell us how Sevco would fund his transfer in the summer then? Based on their farcical attempt at transfer terms for the York City goalkeeper, how well do you think they would do in a negotiation with Rod Petrie?

Nae idea...how well do you think they would do in a negotiation with Petrie?...they might fund it though by selling players Is that to far fetched?

Thecat23
28-01-2017, 08:52 PM

Haha sorry I never meant it to sound cheeky! 👍🏼

Thecat23
28-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Nae idea...how well do you think they would do in a negotiation with Petrie?...they might fund it though by selling players Is that to far fetched?

The Rangers really are toiling for what it's worth. Cummings wants a crack down south and Hibs wouldn't imo sell him to them anyway.

HoboHarry
28-01-2017, 09:06 PM

In their current financial state, yes it is too far fetched. By a long way......

Marco G
28-01-2017, 09:32 PM
That's them calling for Ray McKinnon to be sacked on the Utd fans forum. I predicted they would capitulate after we tanned them at ER - we will finish them off in a few weeks at Tannadice. By the time we are finished pumping them they will be behind Morton.
Well when he was with Raith they were in relegation places until at Xmas then they went on long unbeaten run. Seems to either get it right or wrong big time.

Tobias Funke
28-01-2017, 09:48 PM
They are. And have a better manager. We need huge changes in January.

:aok:

P*sh as usual

hibs0666
28-01-2017, 09:49 PM

They are victims of their own delusions built on the back of some temporary form.

We were the same. Our manager was getting grief only a few weeks ago too.

SirDavidsNapper
29-01-2017, 01:53 AM
Where is the resident Arab guy or was he binned? He was pretty confident

Thecat23
29-01-2017, 06:17 AM
Where is the resident Arab guy or was he binned? He was pretty confident

He was full of it when they beat us 1-0 up there. I said then Utd were poor but he was having none of it. Anyway his team is ***** and he can kiss the league goodbye. 👋🏼😎

Greenworld
29-01-2017, 08:12 AM
Well when he was with Raith they were in relegation places until at Xmas then they went on long unbeaten run. Seems to either get it right or wrong big time.
I think utd are just going through a sticky patch the same as we were no so long back.
Hopefully we continue to take full advantage if we do the league could be all but won by the end of Feb

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
29-01-2017, 08:38 AM
They may have peaked Overhauling over 8 point lead would have given them momentum But it was whether they could sustain that and they failed to do that and havent added a player of Humphreys quality to thier squad
Think our win without Commons was crucial and puts us back in the Driving seat
Our defence is keeping clean sheets which is the foundation to help is go on and win games
Only wee issue is the last three away wins have only produced 4 goals Its been enough at thtee tricky awsy grounds but would still like to see us score more and that Performance v Dundee United repeated a few more times
Lennon said he would make us hard to beat and he has achieved that
He also said we should be scoring more goals and thats still work in progress
Cant see United going on another long unbeaten run and if they dont win a game soon we will have opened up a ten point plus gap which i dont see us throwing away

InchHibby
29-01-2017, 08:48 AM
I said when Dundee Utd beat us 1-0 they were a poor side and their still a poor side. They won't come up this year, they won't even make the final of the playoffs, Morton, Falkirk or whoever, will beat them as they seem to be more up for a scrap.

Canon Hannan
29-01-2017, 09:12 AM
He was full of it when they beat us 1-0 up there. I said then Utd were poor but he was having none of it. Anyway his team is ***** and he can kiss the league goodbye. 👋🏼😎

The league is not won yet my friend. But we are on track and have a great chance now. Looking good for us though.

Hibeewilly
29-01-2017, 09:19 AM
The league is not won yet my friend. But we are on track and have a great chance now. Looking good for us though.
Absolutely spot on. We cant allow any complacency to creep in. We've already seen big turnarounds in points differences this year from both Clubs:top marks

SlickShoes
29-01-2017, 09:23 AM
If Utd lost Tony Andreu to injury they would be completely gubbed, we are at least in them position where losing a key player won't ruin our season. If they didn't have Andreu they would be nowhere near us and probably scrapping around for 4th place.

As it is they do have him and we still have to be wary.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2017, 10:57 AM
The more pragmatic Arabs around here didn't expect anything more than a second place finish but there is a difference between saying that out loud and thinking it. Based on the games this season I am hearing papering over the cracks said an awful lot. Also hearing that based on what they have right now, straight back up would mean straight back down.

Moulin Yarns
29-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Since Christmas, when Utd were top and 2 points ahead, they have managed to pick up a further 2 points. Hibs on the other hand have amassed 12 points in the same period. Keep doing what we are doing and the league will be tied up mid April at the latest, although I think it will be done around the end ofMarch

Oscar T Grouch
31-01-2017, 07:17 AM
On BBC rumours page that Utd will be due £1m from any Robinson transfer that happens. That's a worry if they let the manager near it. Could make them more of a threat. Doubt the manager will see much of that though.

Jim44
31-01-2017, 07:27 AM
On BBC rumours page that Utd will be due £1m from any Robinson transfer that happens. That's a worry if they let the manager near it. Could make them more of a threat. Doubt the manager will see much of that though.

They're going to have to get their arse in gear if they're going to benefit this window from a transfer which 'could' happen in the next 15 hours.

Is It On....
31-01-2017, 07:29 AM

10% sell on clause is poor form and I would hope we did better than that on any transfers "out". With the sales of Snodgrass and Robertson it looks like Hull have already started planning for next year as a Championship club or their owner is just cashing in before he sells the club.

Waxy
31-01-2017, 08:23 AM
When do utd play Morton next?

Greenworld
31-01-2017, 08:26 AM
When do utd play Morton next?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170131/9a56b5d5b20460832651ac48a19354a4.jpg

Thecat23
31-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Utd also in for Commons.

Greenworld
31-01-2017, 08:34 AM
Utd also in for Commons.
Surprising that you can go on loan to different teams in same league in same season

Borderhibbie76
31-01-2017, 08:36 AM
Surprising that you can go on loan to different teams in same league in same season

Surely if he goes anywhere (in Scotland) he comes to us no??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
31-01-2017, 08:40 AM

I would think so.i would be surprised if it does not happen as what is the benifit of him staying at Celtic ...none

Thecat23
31-01-2017, 08:40 AM

I've no idea what the rules are regarding this. Maybe hoping Commons gets a pay off and give him a good signing on fee? For the record can't see it happening and may be one to settle the fans by saying we tried to get him.

Andy74
31-01-2017, 08:44 AM

Certainly no danger he's going to Utd! Surely?

Borderhibbie76
31-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Cannae see it mate...maybe TC is right and just trying to appease their fans as the natives are restless up there again - got a few Arab mates who are royally peed off

Thecat23
31-01-2017, 08:47 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Winston Ingram
31-01-2017, 08:51 AM
My thoughts exactly.

They might be doing this just to drive the cost up and make us pay more.

Thecat23
31-01-2017, 08:51 AM

Not a bad shout that.

Greenworld
31-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Not a bad shout that.
The key thing is where does he want to go ?
He has dropped more than enough hints that he enjoyed hibs.
I don't think that effects what hibs need to pay

Jim44
31-01-2017, 09:10 AM

I remember posting this as a possible but unlikely scenario -

Commons' wage - £12k per week
Loan to Hibs. We contribute £2k. Celtic save £2k but Commons gets full wage.
Loan to D Utd. They contribute £4k. Celtic keep £3k and give Commons £1k as an incentive Win/win for Celtic and Commons.

Unlikely as I can't see DU paying that sort of cash but I think that's the sort of wheeling and dealing that'll be going on today.

Greenworld
31-01-2017, 09:17 AM
I remember posting this as a possible but unlikely scenario -

Commons' wage - £12k per week
Loan to Hibs. We contribute £2k. Celtic save £2k but Commons gets full wage.
Loan to D Utd. They contribute £4k. Celtic keep £3k and give Commons £1k as an incentive Win/win for Celtic and Commons.

Unlikely as I can't see DU paying that sort of cash but I think that's the sort of wheeling and dealing that'll be going on today.
Commons is in the driving seat here.
He stays he goes to hibs he gets the same.
He does not need to get involved in games.
Lets not kid ourself there is no other championship side he is going to .

hibees 7062
07-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Hoping to sign Templeton and McGowan

Smartie
07-02-2017, 03:12 PM
Is Templeton a free agent?

I still think we could do with a winger...........

hibees 7062
07-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Is Templeton a free agent?

I still think we could do with a winger...........

Yeah . Not played for 18 months I think

Basildon Hibs
07-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Hoping to sign Templeton and McGowan

Who's hoping to sign them?:confused:

Billy Whizz
07-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Yeah . Not played for 18 months I think

And mcgowan hasn't played since last year, so 2 players who may need a bit of time to come up to speed

Billy Whizz
07-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Who's hoping to sign them?:confused:

Dundee Utd, its the title of the thread

hibees 7062
07-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Dundee Utd, its the title of the thread

:aok: Cheers

hibees 7062
07-02-2017, 03:26 PM
And mcgowan hasn't played since last year, so 2 players who may need a bit of time to come up to speed

He was trying to get back to hertz