PDA

View Full Version : Goals

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Goals remain the missing ingredient, if we are to stand a chance of winning this league then Lennon will need to solve this problem in January. Failure will probably cost him his job and cost Hibs millions of pounds and the good will of the fans for a long time to come.

Since he arrived Lennon's team are scoring at a similar rate to last season but behind Stibbs first season. And it's miles behind where we need to be.
Goals per game ratio

This season 1.66 goals per game
Last season 1.63 goals per game
Stubbs first season 1.94 goals per game
Sevco when they won the league 2.44
Yams when they won league 2.66 goals per game

We need to lift our scoring rate considerably for the rest of the season or we are in big trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where'stheslope
24-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Goals remain the missing ingredient, if we are to stand a chance of winning this league then Lennon will need to solve this problem in January. Failure will probably cost him his job and cost Hibs millions of pounds and the good will of the fans for a long time to come.

Since he arrived Lennon's team are scoring at a similar rate to last season but behind Stibbs first season. And it's miles behind where we need to be.
Goals per game ratio

This season 1.66 goals per game
Last season 1.63 goals per game
Stubbs first season 1.94 goals per game
Sevco when they won the league 2.44
Yams when they won league 2.66 goals per game

We need to lift our scoring rate considerably for the rest of the season or we are in big trouble.

Not all gloom though!

Dundee United this season are top on 1.5 goals per game.

So were still better than them in the scoring charts, pity its points that win leagues not goal difference.

We are still creating more chances we just need to take more.

Ozyhibby
24-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Not all gloom though!

Dundee United this season are top on 1.5 goals per game.

So were still better than them in the scoring charts, pity its points that win leagues not goal difference.

We are still creating more chances we just need to take more.

Indeed it's not all gloom. If we can fix the problem then it should be enough to send us up. Ignore it again and the likely result will be the same.