A good crowd against Utd..

Fans are definitely doing their bit !!

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 05:50 PM
A positive from today..

Falkirk sold out next week..

A good crowd against Utd..

Fans are definitely doing their bit !!
was just about to ask what the crowd was.....that's an excellent attendance. Looked like there were quite a few empty seats on the video stream

with crowds like these we really need to invest in the future

my concern is that even if we manage to scrape up we are not nearly good enough to stay up

Craigmount Hibs
24-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Erm, there wasn't 15 thousand plus there. I know that's what was announced - we must have had the numpty they use at the midden doing the counting today. There were only 400 or so away fans & plenty empty seats in all our stands.

Still a decent crowd - but a couple thousand less than stated.

S4uzee
24-12-2016, 05:58 PM
No danger it was 15k today

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 06:03 PM
No danger it was 15k today

If 15,400 was the amount of sold seats that means almost 4,000 walk ups?

wookie70
24-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Looked more like 13,000 to me.

emerald green
24-12-2016, 06:33 PM
I was surprised by the official attendance figure. Didn't look as many as 15,409.

Still a good crowd for the Championship though. For how much longer? If results go the right way, crowds will be fine. If they don't, they will go down considerably. That's surely clear to the Hibs board.

Ricky Bobby
24-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Great crowd today, hopefully we can have the same level of support for the UTD game.

Golden Bear
24-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Looked more like 13,000 to me.

I'd agree. This season we've obviously adopted the hertz style of creative accounting to measure match attendances. It looks good though.

Billy Whizz
24-12-2016, 07:28 PM
I'd agree. This season we've obviously adopted the hertz style of creative accounting to measure match attendances. It looks good though.

So a great walk up support today

PompeyHibs
24-12-2016, 07:34 PM
We are brutal..... 15,409 legends. 3 years in diddy league and counting.

We cant score goals

Easter Rd snoozefest

Hermit Crab
24-12-2016, 09:24 PM

It really didn't look like it Billy.

GreenCastle
24-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Looked decent from the East - west and FF pretty full.

Raith brought a decent support - quiet but decent traveling numbers.

I hope for Utd we can get over 16,000 there. What's highest of the season at home ? (Need to beat Falkirk to get some feel good factor back - as many today would be annoyed with that).

Billy Whizz
24-12-2016, 09:30 PM
It really didn't look like it Billy.

Must have been if the crowd was over 15,000

JimBHibees
24-12-2016, 09:32 PM
We are brutal..... 15,409 legends. 3 years in diddy league and counting.

We cant score goals

Easter Rd snoozefest

Wtf

scoopyboy
24-12-2016, 09:41 PM

3000 at a guess

truehibernian
24-12-2016, 09:46 PM
3000 at a guess

Spoke to someone after the game Scoops, when I said the official attendance I was told 'not in a million years' (Hibs staff) - have to say, didn't look 15K to me today. Are we including seasons regardless this season ?

scoopyboy
24-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Spoke to someone after the game Scoops, when I said the official attendance I was told 'not in a million years' (Hibs staff) - have to say, didn't look 15K to me today. Are we including seasons regardless this season ?

We have to be, I face the East and for us to get a crowd of 15000 home fans we would need to get around 6000 in there, nothing like it.

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 10:46 PM
3000 at a guess

why guess?
15,400 less 400 away fans = 15,000 less 11.300 season ticket holders = 3,700 walk ups......

truehibernian
24-12-2016, 10:47 PM
why guess?
15,400 less 400 away fans = 15,000 less 11.300 season ticket holders = 3,700 walk ups......

There's no way there was 15K there today, no way !

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 10:52 PM
There's no way there was 15K there today, no way !

didn't say there was

but we sold 15,400 tickets and the missing ones are part of the 11,200 season ticket holders not the walk ups

Nicho87
24-12-2016, 10:58 PM
I blame the atmosphere. Aint that right Neil.

scoopyboy
24-12-2016, 11:21 PM
why guess?

agreed

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 11:55 PM
agreed

phew:thumbsup:

Unseen work
25-12-2016, 12:23 AM
Unbelievably good attendance considering the standard of our football lately

houstonhibbee
25-12-2016, 12:27 AM
Unbelievably good attendance considering the standard of our football lately
seems that is tickets sold not attendance...........

Dashing Bob S
25-12-2016, 02:22 AM
Sounds about right. Best way to calculate visually - home stands hold about 16,500. Take the Raith fans and distribute them into the empty parts of the Hibs stands (the ends of the West) and you have around a 1,000 below home stand capacity, plus gaps for ST non attendees.

Need a couple of signings to get us enthused in order to keep it going. If we slip further behind United and are fighting for play-off pecking order then gates will fall (and probably deservedly so.)

southsider
25-12-2016, 04:56 AM
There were more at ER then the total crowd of the 4 PL games on Friday eve.

tanfield
25-12-2016, 06:21 AM
Was never a £15k crowd. From my seat in the west there were large gaps all over the east.

Ringothedog
25-12-2016, 06:44 AM
I blame the atmosphere. Aint that right Neil.

There is more atmosphere on the moon

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2016, 09:13 AM
But even 13000 is roughly nine or ten times the crowd of the side we could only draw with.

Ringothedog
25-12-2016, 10:34 AM
But even 13000 is roughly nine or ten times the crowd of the side we could only draw with.

Using that logic we should never beat anybody with a larger support than us which is nonsense.

merry Christmas

Canon Hannan
25-12-2016, 11:01 AM
Our support has been fantastic this season. Home and away. So much so I will need to sit in the away end v Falkirk with other Hibernians.

Billy Whizz
25-12-2016, 11:07 AM
3000 at a guess

That's a great walk up support
Well done to all

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Using that logic we should never beat anybody with a larger support than us which is nonsense.

merry Christmas

Logic I was using is that 13000 is a fantastic attendance for the Scottish League never mind the second tier. And when set against our nearest competitors it is even better? Merry Christmas back.

GreenCastle
25-12-2016, 02:46 PM
There is more atmosphere on the moon

Take out Scottish derbies and there isn't a great atmosphere at many Scottish games.

Same with English league.

But level of performance at least helps usually.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Our support has been fantastic this season. Home and away. So much so I will need to sit in the away end v Falkirk with other Hibernians.

Thats where most Hibs fans will be.

BullsCloseHibs
25-12-2016, 06:23 PM
I'd just like to ask, can the Slovakians hang their obscene nosed Czech counterpart? Any time soon would be fine like.

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2016, 12:24 PM
I have this discussion with my mate at nearly every home game, Saturday was the same. As usual he won as they announced a crowd a couple of thousand higher than my estimate.

All I can say is I've been going to ER long enough to guesstimate the crowd to within about 500 and IMO no way was there fifteen and a half thousand there on Saturday ..... there's no doubt Hibs are counting non attending ST holders in the official attendance. I'm not bothered either way to be honest, other clubs have been doing it for years :greengrin

GreenCastle
27-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Does anyone have the stats for all our home attendances this season?

Hopefully Dundee Utd will sell out.

Keith_M
27-12-2016, 12:32 PM
I realise our league position isn't great but it's a shame people have decided to find the negative in everything related to Hibs; in this case by doubting the attendance announced by the club yesterday.

Can't you just be happy about it?

:dunno:

Nakedmanoncrack
27-12-2016, 12:44 PM
I realise our league position isn't great but it's a shame people have decided to find the negative in everything related to Hibs; in this case by doubting the attendance announced by the club yesterday.

Can't you just be happy about it?

:dunno:

Even if it means being happy about something we know not to be true?

Keith_M
27-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Even if it means being happy about something we know not to be true?

Maybe I'm guilty of not being up to speed but, how is it you know that for a fact?

p.s. this is not a dig at you, it's a genuine question.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Maybe I'm guilty of not being up to speed but, how is it you know that for a fact?

p.s. this is not a dig at you, it's a genuine question.

Why would people refuse to believe such impressive attendance figures? I 'd love to believe there was that big a crowd there on Saturday, the consensus of those sitting around me, and others who've since commented here was that it was clearly not.

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Why would people refuse to believe such impressive attendance figures? I 'd love to believe there was that big a crowd there on Saturday, the consensus of those sitting around me, and others who've since commented here was that it was clearly not.

There was a big crowd on Saturday ..... in fact as far as Scottish football goes it was a great crowd, it just wasn't 16,409 There are always empty seats in the FF lower at every game which are clearly marked as ST holders seats on the stadium plan and the same goes for the east. Its pretty clear that a lot of people bought tickets, especially kids tickets in the FF lower, who cant or had no intention of attending every game.

On a different note I've just watched the highlights on Raith Rovers TV ...... how the hell we didn't win by about 3 or 4 goals is anybody's guess, we really need to be more clinical and we should have had a penalty right at the end, Brian Graham's shirt was clearly pulled as he tried to get to a ball at the far post and the ref should have seen it.

erin go bragh
27-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Lots of folk wanted Hibs to include tickets sold as the actual attendance( Myself included). But when they do , folk say that's never the amount there :)
I'm more worried about us not taking our chances tbh . We should have been 3 or 4 goals up by h t .

Earlydelivery
27-12-2016, 03:10 PM
There was a big crowd on Saturday ..... in fact as far as Scottish football goes it was a great crowd, it just wasn't 16,409 There are always empty seats in the FF lower at every game which are clearly marked as ST holders seats on the stadium plan and the same goes for the east. Its pretty clear that a lot of people bought tickets, especially kids tickets in the FF lower, who cant or had no intention of attending every game.

On a different note I've just watched the highlights on Raith Rovers TV ...... how the hell we didn't win by about 3 or 4 goals is anybody's guess, we really need to be more clinical and we should have had a penalty right at the end, Brian Graham's shirt was clearly pulled as he tried to get to a ball at the far post and the ref should have seen it.
Spot on just watched it .

lapsedhibee
27-12-2016, 03:19 PM
there's no doubt Hibs are counting non attending ST holders in the official attendance.

And the next step towards becoming as big a club as The Famous is to add on all those people who are sitting in non-attending ST holders' seats. But to do that, Hibs would first have to instruct stewards to establish how many people are doing this. :hmmm:

I've done a quick survey of responses on another thread and don't see how even the overzealousest of stewards could make the attendance reach 400,000 this way.

Billy Whizz
27-12-2016, 03:26 PM
13,131 at pittodrie today, think we're doing not too bad

Keith_M
27-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Lots of folk wanted Hibs to include tickets sold as the actual attendance( Myself included). But when they do , folk say that's never the amount there :) .

Did they definitely do that or is it still just speculation?

I wasn't at the game but was told by an ST holder in the FF Upper that it was absolutely mobbed, with his section completely full.

oneone73
27-12-2016, 09:06 PM
I think the ground might well have been three-quarters full.

green day
28-12-2016, 08:01 AM
Not really an "attendance" one, but am I right in thinking the Sect 43 / drummer boys were up the top again against Raith?

Pretty sure they were not right at the front??

Whatever, it seemed a lot louder and created a better atmosphere than recently.

lucky
28-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Hibs are a big Scottish club in every aspect this season except on the pitch. We've had the debate thousands of times about attendance v tickets sold. The Yams regularly have a sell out but their are seats available as such their crowds look great on paper. Hibs got it right by declaring the crowd as tickets sold. As supporters we all like it when Hibs are on the up and big ticket sales creates demand. No ST no guaranteed seat.

JimBHibees
28-12-2016, 01:55 PM
I think the ground might well have been three-quarters full.

I agree thought it was more than normal West stand looked much busier than normal.

where'stheslope
28-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Hibernian = the biggest crowd puller in the Championship by far!!!!

No one else comes near us for crowds including half the Premiership!

That is why we are not getting it all our own way in this league.

When Rangers Hearts and Hibs were in this league, the Championship had bigger crowds some weeks than the Premiership!

Nobody in this league wants us promoted as we are a big pay day for them!

Dundee United when going well only get circa 7,000 crowds, and whoever comes down from the Premiership will have crowds of 2-3,000 max.

For this reason we must get out of this League this season!

CyberSauzee
28-12-2016, 10:53 PM
East looked much fuller than I've seen for other home games I've attended this season. If previous posts indicate the FF looked fuller than normal then official attendance looks accurate, even accounting for about only 250 RR fans in the Dunbar.

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Hibernian = the biggest crowd puller in the Championship by far!!!!

No one else comes near us for crowds including half the Premiership!

That is why we are not getting it all our own way in this league.

When Rangers Hearts and Hibs were in this league, the Championship had bigger crowds some weeks than the Premiership!

Nobody in this league wants us promoted as we are a big pay day for them!

Dundee United when going well only get circa 7,000 crowds, and whoever comes down from the Premiership will have crowds of 2-3,000 max.

For this reason we must get out of this League this season!

We won't be a big payday next year if we don't go up. Crowds will plummet & the so called big players will be a thing of the past

HoboHarry
29-12-2016, 12:09 AM
We won't be a big payday next year if we don't go up. Crowds will plummet & the so called big players will be a thing of the past
Can you show the evidence to support this?

LaMotta
29-12-2016, 06:11 AM
East looked much fuller than I've seen for other home games I've attended this season. If previous posts indicate the FF looked fuller than normal then official attendance looks accurate, even accounting for about only 250 RR fans in the Dunbar.

the East was the emptiest it has been all season.....lots of spare seats dotted about.

JimBHibees
29-12-2016, 08:45 AM

Think there were 600 Raith fans.

JimBHibees
29-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Not really an "attendance" one, but am I right in thinking the Sect 43 / drummer boys were up the top again against Raith?

Pretty sure they were not right at the front??

Whatever, it seemed a lot louder and created a better atmosphere than recently.

Looked that way from FF stand.

Itsnoteasy
29-12-2016, 10:23 AM

We were on the crest of a wave winning SC which boosted attendance, and this season over the rest in this division most thought this is the season we can go up, fans & players alike. If it does nae happen players will leave & there won't be the same ST sales. The above is my opinion but have no evidence to support.

NAE NOOKIE
29-12-2016, 11:20 AM

You don't need evidence when something is 'self evident' mate.

In the season where we won the cup we couldn't even fill ER for an absolutely critical play off game against Falkirk and in the months leading up to that game our crowds were dropping off in a pretty noticeable fashion.

If we had failed to win the cup we would have been lucky to get to 8,000 ST holders for this season, never mind the remarkable numbers we have. If we fail to gain promotion this season you would have to be pretty self delusional not to face the fact that a large number of folk who bought STs this season wont renew and walk ups will plummet.

That will lead to a huge fall off in revenue and the only way to address that will be to accept offers for our best players ....... the likes of Jason Cummings and especially John McGinn both owe Hibs a lot, we practically rescued Jason's career and we gave SJM a great platform for his talents which have been rewarded with a full Scotland cap, a remarkable achievement for someone playing in the Championship who had never been called up before.
But these guys like all footballers face a short career which could be ended at any time by a bad tackle ..... anything they owe Hibs was repaid a hundred fold when they won the cup, their efforts have been worth a fortune in revenue to us, they will have to evaluate what another season playing Championship football will do to their careers and IMO it wouldn't be in the slightest bit selfish of them to come to the conclusion that the damage that could do overrides any lingering sense of loyalty to the club.

We simply have to go up and in all honesty if I was involved in the running of Hibs at this moment in time my efforts to get the SPFL to seriously consider league reconstruction at the end of this season would be at least the equal of my efforts to see us get promoted by winning the league ..... anything to get promoted, because failure to do so will set us back years.