PDA

View Full Version : Boyle

Onion
24-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Well done. Caused Raith defence all sorts of problems with his movement and pace. Made and took his goal really well and proving to be a bit of a super sub.

Andy74
24-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Well done. Caused Raith defence all sorts of problems with his movement and pace. Made and took his goal really well and proving to be a bit of a super sub.

Proving to be more of a first choice striker than a super sub to be fair.

QMU-1875
24-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Would like to see him back in the full back role he's not been there since the end of Stubbs first season and he was playing seriously well.
If it meant dropping Gray then so be it. Hasn't kicked a ball in weeks, crossing much like Stevensons is awful.

Carheenlea
24-12-2016, 05:38 PM
He's had a couple of decent starts, but his inconsistency counts against him starting every week. A great option to have on the bench though.

confused
24-12-2016, 11:04 PM
He certainly saved the bacon today , Thanks wee man,

Sammy7nil
24-12-2016, 11:12 PM
He's had a couple of decent starts, but his inconsistency counts against him starting every week. A great option to have on the bench though.

I do not think he is a great player but imho he must start every match in this league he causes slow defences all sorts of problems, yes he missses a lot of chances but he does at least make them.
I would try dropping Holt and plat Boyle Jason ands Keatings. The bigguys havetried and failed.

lord bunberry
24-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Then when he starts and doesn't score everyone is screaming for Cummings to start. I would suggest that they would both score a load of goals if we had a manager that knew how to utilise his squad a bit better.

LaMotta
25-12-2016, 12:15 AM
Then when he starts and doesn't score everyone is screaming for Cummings to start. I would suggest that they would both score a load of goals if we had a manager that knew how to utilise his squad a bit better.

Have they played together as a partnership yet? Im not sure they have.....could be worth a try given that nothing else seems to work.

Northernhibee
25-12-2016, 02:06 AM
His goal was excellent today. Lots of work to do and a good finish.

Dashing Bob S
25-12-2016, 02:58 AM

I would disagree. When Boyle starts a game, he spends the first half like a pinball, ricocheting off large central defenders, and is pretty much beaten up by the middle of the second half.

When he comes on in the last 30, where play is stretched and defenders are more heavy-legged, he puts the fear of god into them when he runs at them.

Far more effective as a sub.

wookie70
25-12-2016, 09:41 AM
He scored his goal from a wide position and that is where I think he should play. My number one priority in the window would be a left wingback along the lines of the grass at the Rangers. Then we could play the 3 at the back which has worked for defending but have two attacking wingbacks. Boyle on the right and new signing on the left. I thought the squirrel was outstanding in some of hi right wingback games under Stubbs.

southern hibby
25-12-2016, 09:45 AM
I would disagree. When Boyle starts a game, he spends the first half like a pinball, ricocheting off large central defenders, and is pretty much beaten up by the middle of the second half.

When he comes on in the last 30, where play is stretched and defenders are more heavy-legged, he puts the fear of god into them when he runs at them.

100% this, this is why I've asked Santa for another fast striker so we can sub him and then bring Boyle on. 90 minutes of pace running at a defence is a rare commodity in Scottish football that we should try and exploit if we can get the right player in.

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2016, 10:33 AM

I know what you are saying there Bob, which is why i think he should start on the wing.

We are all saying how we have no width, and stevenson and gray are never ever going to be the answer, but boyle should play every week wide as he does get past his full back regularly.

He's not pretty to watch, but he does get past his marker many many times more than either of our fullbacks.

Half the time we dont even need one of our full backs anyway, until we actually do get a wide player in with quality, he really is our only option rather than gray or stevenson who have proved over and over they cant do the job.

Andy74
25-12-2016, 11:35 AM

Might have been the case last year but he's caused havoc this year when he has started, bar the odd game or two it hasn't quite worked.

1875M
25-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Inconsistent but different type of player to others in the squad which is why I like him

B.H.F.C
25-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Might have been the case last year but he's caused havoc this year when he has started, bar the odd game or two it hasn't quite worked.

Of the top of my head I think he maybe started about 6 or 7 games on the trot. Scored and played well in half of them. Was dire at Dundee Utd and Morton and didn't do much at home to Falkirk and Dumbarton. So he's done well in about half the games he started. A couple of them he was exceptional right enough but I think it's stretching it to say he generally causes havoc when he starts.

Booked4Being-Ugly
25-12-2016, 12:00 PM
I would try and find a system of incorporating Boyle, Keatings and Cummings in the starting 11 as they're the only natural goalscorers we have right now likely to get us the goals we desperately need.

B.H.F.C
25-12-2016, 12:11 PM
I would try and find a system of incorporating Boyle, Keatings and Cummings in the starting 11 as they're the only natural goalscorers we have right now likely to get us the goals we desperately need.

I'd think about that as well. When our crossing is so poor we don't need to play with a big man all the time.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Boyle gets a bad deal I think when the situation is painted like he is playing instead of JC. That comparison can only be made when it is like for like.

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2016, 08:01 PM
I know what you are saying there Bob, which is why i think he should start on the wing.

We are all saying how we have no width, and stevenson and gray are never ever going to be the answer, but boyle should play every week wide as he does get past his full back regularly.

He's not pretty to watch, but he does get past his marker many many times more than either of our fullbacks.

Half the time we dont even need one of our full backs anyway, until we actually do get a wide player in with quality, he really is our only option rather than gray or stevenson who have proved over and over they cant do the job.

Completely agree. Far more effective wide than through the middle. And (as Stokes showed on May 21st) you don't need to be hugging the touchline like an orthodox winger to be effective wide.

Our slavish insistence on playing everything through the middle can't be justified by results, or even personnel.