PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeough

Dashing Bob S
24-12-2016, 03:48 PM
I know his fitness is poor and he'll probably be out for months after tripping over Jason Cummings hairdryer, but DM showed that he a class above anybody else on the pitch as a player today.

By the end of the game he was tired and pretty much ground down by the mediocrity around him, and faded, but he is a class act.

CL0762
24-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Head and shoulders above everyone else.

By far our most influential and creative player, we miss him badly when he's out.

Him, Fyvie & McGinn compliment each other brilliantly.

houstonhibbee
24-12-2016, 03:51 PM
I know his fitness is poor and he'll probably be out for months after tripping over Jason Cummings hairdryer, but DM showed that he a class above anybody else on the pitch as a player today.

By the end of the game he was tired and pretty much ground down by the mediocrity around him, and faded, but he is a class act.

The only player really capable of making something happen.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-12-2016, 03:51 PM
He was deservedly MoTM.

wookie70
24-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Thought he was excellent in the first half and fell completely out of the game in the second.

Tamhere1875
24-12-2016, 04:04 PM
Ran the show today totally deserved his MON award

EH54
24-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Thought he showed signs of what we know he can do but still not enough IMO

Golden Bear
24-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Thought he was excellent in the first half and fell completely out of the game in the second.

Yip, that's about right.

emerald green
24-12-2016, 06:25 PM
By the end of the game he was tired and pretty much ground down by the mediocrity around him

That's how I felt at the final whistle too.

147lothian
24-12-2016, 06:38 PM

Hear hear,

I though he was the only player on the park, capable of picking a pass today, it shows just how much we have missed him.

The Modfather
24-12-2016, 07:16 PM
The only player really capable of making something happen.

I didn't make the game today as away for xmas so can't comment on today.

I do like McGeough, and putting his fitness issues to one side, I get the train of thought that he is "capable of making something happen". However I do wonder if the likes of McGeough, who the majority agree is one of our better players, is part of the wider issue we have in getting out of this league.

I was looking at his stats (transfermarket.co.uk & Wikipedia) and the stats (assuming they are correct) showed that he has played 67 games for us and has scored 3 goals and got 5 assists in that time. He is a neat and tidy player who can dictate a game. However I'm not sure he is dictating games in the way required to get us out of this league.

I think the above is true of the likes of Fyvie & McGinn as well. With Bartley an effective, solely definsive, midfielder who isn't needed in the majority of our games.

If we were to look at the the midfield, as part of a general squad assessment, in my opinion we only need 1 of McGeough, Fyvie & McGinn at any one time. As individuals, 3 very good players, but 3 generally non scoring, non assisting midfielders all effectively fulfilling the same role.

I would personally keep McGinn, as I think he has the most talent out of the 3, and can do both the defensive and attacking roles in a proper box to box role with the right coaching. In saying that I've been disappointed with him, by his standards, since about the League cup final. However the injury he has been carrying might have been a factor. I'd reluctantly let Fyvie and/or McGeough move on, be it January, or more realistically the summer. Using that money frees up to buy quality replacements with the attributes specific to what we need (creativity, pace and most importantly goals from midfield)

Smartie
24-12-2016, 07:41 PM
He did well and I still think he's our best player, although he tired and faded a bit today.

A middle 3 of Fyvie, McGinn and McGeouch has been proven to be very effective and we could and should attempt to accommodate all 3.

Our problems lie elsewhere.

Badge
24-12-2016, 08:18 PM

Thought Scott Martin was our best player today. Worked his socks off, for 90 mins.

147lothian
24-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Thought Scott Martin was our best player today. Worked his socks off, for 90 mins.

I can see where your coming from I thought Scott Martin had a good game, it was still Dylan McGeough for me though, because he always looked pick a pass and make things happen when the rest or the midfield wanted to make a square pass or go backwards but one things for sure there's no other contenders for MOTM from that game.

Nicho87
24-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Guy next to me described him as ******g awful. God knows what shinnies performance done for him.

Dashing Bob S
25-12-2016, 02:31 AM

Yes he did, but he created nothing. We need somebody who can open up a defense, not just buzz around the fringes of it.

southsider
25-12-2016, 04:52 AM
Scott produced a fab tackle when they broke when all our defence was caught up the park. Can develope into a real good player for us